• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7921 users

19 Amazing Independent Games You Can Play! - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
KingofHearts
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Japan562 Posts
February 17 2009 20:36 GMT
#41
download zsnes and all snes roms and u have hundreds of good games.
moshi moshi~
keit
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
1584 Posts
February 17 2009 20:37 GMT
#42
IWBTG is the most frustrating game ever. It really is.

Dear god that Ghosts'n'Goblings level is hell.
Graphics
petzergling
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
538 Posts
February 17 2009 21:02 GMT
#43
Awesome list. I have personally played a few of them and the ones that made the list were awesome. I wanna be the guy is my favorite, I've currently beat it on normal, then on hard in my econ class (this girl watched me the whole way through I know she wanted to suck my dick after I was the guy). I am currently working on recording a FPVOD on very hard, but I'm stuck on the castlevania level. After I get it done I'll post in the thread for those who haven't played, although it will probably be with some MSL preview shit in the background ^^.
Mod Edit: Don't bold your entire post
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
February 17 2009 21:06 GMT
#44
Cool!

If you know any good TBS games, let me know please >>
Peace~
TheMango
Profile Joined April 2007
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-06 20:07:40
September 06 2009 20:07 GMT
#45
On February 14 2009 07:52 Mikilatov wrote:
Game design is my life. Even before I was a game designer, I have been a fan of independent games, and I've been playing a lot of them as of late. I created a list highlighting the most impressive games in terms of design, production, art, or any combination of the above. I figured I'd share it with you guys as well.

I suggest you take the time to play each of these games, as they're all available for free in some form, and they are generally very quick to jump in and play. Some do require download and install, though. Each of these games exhibits excellence in various areas, which I've attempted to highlight within the spoilers below them. A handful of the games also have some very nice gameplay videos you should check out as well.

Have fun!


OSMOS - Play!
+ Show Spoiler +

Tranquil and calm in its delivery and play, Osmos is the ultimate ambient experience. Check out the video below!

http://vimeo.com/2754925




I just recently downloaded this game from steam, a really chill and fun game. Did you know that you are in the Trailer video with the above quote? It actually quotes it with -Mikilatov, Teamliquid.net

lol, thought that was neat, and one of the reasons why I bought it
Moderator
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
September 07 2009 03:23 GMT
#46
On September 07 2009 05:07 TheMango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2009 07:52 Mikilatov wrote:
Game design is my life. Even before I was a game designer, I have been a fan of independent games, and I've been playing a lot of them as of late. I created a list highlighting the most impressive games in terms of design, production, art, or any combination of the above. I figured I'd share it with you guys as well.

I suggest you take the time to play each of these games, as they're all available for free in some form, and they are generally very quick to jump in and play. Some do require download and install, though. Each of these games exhibits excellence in various areas, which I've attempted to highlight within the spoilers below them. A handful of the games also have some very nice gameplay videos you should check out as well.

Have fun!


OSMOS - Play!
+ Show Spoiler +

Tranquil and calm in its delivery and play, Osmos is the ultimate ambient experience. Check out the video below!

http://vimeo.com/2754925




I just recently downloaded this game from steam, a really chill and fun game. Did you know that you are in the Trailer video with the above quote? It actually quotes it with -Mikilatov, Teamliquid.net

lol, thought that was neat, and one of the reasons why I bought it


Whoa, wtf? haha. No I didn't know this. I wonder how the hell that happened. lol.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 03:39:54
September 07 2009 03:37 GMT
#47
wellll either the dev(s) visit teamliquid or digg
come out and say hi if its the former ... !

thats pretty cool though lol
edit: hmm this thread reminded me of my lame attempt at a "0death" clear of IWBTG..
here's where i ended up.. maybe i should keep going lol
[image loading]
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
Telemako
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Spain1637 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-12-15 08:32:39
December 15 2009 08:31 GMT
#48
HOLYCRAP

http://vimeo.com/5892502

That's the OSMOS trailer (featured in the OP), read the last quote (1:25), I just rofled
I've been around since it all started, and it feels good
SK.Testie
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada11084 Posts
December 15 2009 08:42 GMT
#49
lol
Social Justice is a fools errand. May all the adherents at its church be thwarted. Of all the religions I have come across, it is by far the most detestable.
Athos
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States2484 Posts
December 15 2009 08:46 GMT
#50
hahahhaha wtf lol
SF-Fork
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Russian Federation1401 Posts
December 15 2009 09:36 GMT
#51
On December 15 2009 17:31 Telemako wrote:
HOLYCRAP

http://vimeo.com/5892502

That's the OSMOS trailer (featured in the OP), read the last quote (1:25), I just rofled


Being spanish you probably saw it in http://www.genbeta.com as well
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
December 15 2009 09:38 GMT
#52
WORLD OF GOO and INSANIQUARIUM are the only two that I have played, they are both awesome!!!! Huge thanks to the OP for making this list.... and why is plants vs Zombies not in that list??
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
AmstAff
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany949 Posts
December 15 2009 09:48 GMT
#53
lol
after 2 years i reached it = marine icon
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
December 15 2009 10:01 GMT
#54
On December 15 2009 17:31 Telemako wrote:
HOLYCRAP

http://vimeo.com/5892502

That's the OSMOS trailer (featured in the OP), read the last quote (1:25), I just rofled

Teamliquid.net, the revered site for gamereviews.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
December 15 2009 10:53 GMT
#55
On December 15 2009 19:01 Alur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2009 17:31 Telemako wrote:
HOLYCRAP

http://vimeo.com/5892502

That's the OSMOS trailer (featured in the OP), read the last quote (1:25), I just rofled

Teamliquid.net, the revered site for gamereviews.


lololol thats so funny
beep boop
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
December 15 2009 10:55 GMT
#56
where is dwarf fortress
:3
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
December 15 2009 11:22 GMT
#57
hah, thats pretty funny.
Tooplark
Profile Joined October 2008
United States3977 Posts
December 16 2009 01:09 GMT
#58
Nifflas (guy who made Knytt Stories) recently released a new game called Saira. It's like a puzzle-platformer-explorey game. Pretty graphics, too, especially in the Hoffman system.
WHAT POW'R ART THOU WHO FROM BELOW HAST MADE ME RISE UNWILLINGLY AND SLOW
Gangrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States137 Posts
December 16 2009 02:28 GMT
#59
--- Nuked ---
Dead9
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States4725 Posts
December 16 2009 05:40 GMT
#60
On December 15 2009 18:38 chongu wrote:
WORLD OF GOO and INSANIQUARIUM are the only two that I have played, they are both awesome!!!! Huge thanks to the OP for making this list.... and why is plants vs Zombies not in that list??

I don't think plants v zombies was even out yet
Could be wrong though
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 404
Horang2 277
Larva 232
EffOrt 161
Mind 77
Hyun 61
scan(afreeca) 43
Killer 40
Bale 39
NotJumperer 39
[ Show more ]
Sharp 27
sorry 25
ggaemo 24
Shinee 18
Hm[arnc] 12
Sacsri 5
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto101
League of Legends
JimRising 435
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1157
edward93
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7875
Coldzera 687
ceh9655
Happy363
crisheroes190
Sick187
dupreeh55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Jankos1115
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 40m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.