• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:44
CEST 07:44
KST 14:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7693 users

Pick Your Power Mafia 3! - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 84 Next
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
January 10 2011 03:14 GMT
#401
So back on this quote:
On January 10 2011 10:12 Fishball wrote:
Preliminary Mafia list.

- BloodyC0bbler
- zeks
- Misder
- aidnai/JimboSilvers (pick one)

Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 00:50 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Its pretty obvious most of the fake claiming is going on in the first half of the draft list which gives us a pretty good start on where to start looking.


I was the one who pointed out the abnormal picture, but I never once directed town to look for those players who might be lying. It doesn't make sense for town/mafia to lie. There is no gain whatsoever, besides drawing attention to themselves. It was fortunate that this was sorted out by Ace, but nice try there BC.

Oh, like I mentioned before, if I'm town, there is a good chance BC is red.



14. zeks [3] [1]
15. Misder [3] [2]
16. aidnai [3] [3]
17. JimboSilvers [3] [3]

3-1, 3-2, 3-3. Really?

I'm picking aidnai due to this post.
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 09:14 aidnai wrote:
Just going to confirm that according to the plan, I'm supposed to take Witch. Correct?


Are you daft? No, you can't be this bad... I hope.

It's unlikely that 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 would mean anything in the first place. Going 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 as mafia doesn't gain you anything. All the pro-mafia posts are at the top and at the bottom. Mafia going 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 means that they are going to the bottom of the list. However, before I stated how if mafia wanted the bottom picks, they would have tried a higher # instead and tripled up on that. I would say that going 5-1 would be even better for mafia to get on the bottom because LSB claimed that he would- meaning guarantee clash if LSB wasn't lying. And really- you think that mafia would be that stupid and be that obvious?
Whaaaa?
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
January 10 2011 03:42 GMT
#402
I could care less about your crooked finger of suspicion. God knows what other places you've stuck that finger into...
Yes, I think Mafia is stupid. We have plenty of good candidates, don't you think? Oh, never mind.
靈魂交響曲
HaploPaithan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States100 Posts
January 10 2011 03:48 GMT
#403
Sorry, what does FoS stand for?
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
January 10 2011 03:49 GMT
#404
Right above your post Finger of Suspicion ! :D
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
January 10 2011 03:50 GMT
#405
On January 10 2011 12:48 HaploPaithan wrote:
Sorry, what does FoS stand for?


Oh hey, I found another one that doesn't read!
Read the first sentence of the post above you.
Hell, even Google takes about like 10 seconds.

The more I reread my post, the more I agree with myself.
靈魂交響曲
zeks
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Canada1068 Posts
January 10 2011 03:50 GMT
#406
Finger of suspicion like Fishball said
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-- I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference."
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
January 10 2011 03:53 GMT
#407
On January 10 2011 12:48 HaploPaithan wrote:
Sorry, what does FoS stand for?


As Fishball said, it's a 'finger of suspicion'. It's a mafia term that you use to point out someone that you think is suspicious when you don't have the evidence to call him mafia for certain.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 10 2011 03:53 GMT
#408
[image loading]

Day 1




Once again the town of Liquidia is embroiled in turmoil. The blood of innocents has been spilled on the streets and the citizens lash out for justice. So they come together to vote and catch the killers who did this...

With 22 players alive, it is 12 to lynch

Day 1 ends in 48 hours at 11:00 PM ET/ 13:00 KST Tuesday January 11th.


Everyone should have gotten a role PM. If not send me a Private Message immediately.

Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 10 2011 03:57 GMT
#409
Unless you have a good reason to (like traitor or something), I would suggest not claiming yet whether or not you managed to get the role you selected.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
HaploPaithan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States100 Posts
January 10 2011 04:02 GMT
#410
On January 10 2011 12:50 Fishball wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 12:48 HaploPaithan wrote:
Sorry, what does FoS stand for?


Oh hey, I found another one that doesn't read!
Read the first sentence of the post above you.
Hell, even Google takes about like 10 seconds.

The more I reread my post, the more I agree with myself.

No need to be so rude about it. I read posts. Sorry if I'm not looking for an what an acronym stands for in every post I read.
I did google it and did not see an answer that made much sense to me. FoS stands for many things that are more popular than finger of suspicion.
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
January 10 2011 04:07 GMT
#411
On January 10 2011 12:57 kitaman27 wrote:
Unless you have a good reason to (like traitor or something), I would suggest not claiming yet whether or not you managed to get the role you selected.


Why shouldn't we say if we didn't get our roles? If we do say, won't we have a better clue to who took it ie mafia?
Whaaaa?
HaploPaithan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States100 Posts
January 10 2011 04:14 GMT
#412
It seems like revealing weather or not you got your role would help the scum more than townies. Unless we are all following LSB's plan, which I got the impression most of us were not.
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
January 10 2011 04:22 GMT
#413
On January 10 2011 13:14 HaploPaithan wrote:
It seems like revealing weather or not you got your role would help the scum more than townies. Unless we are all following LSB's plan, which I got the impression most of us were not.


How so would it help scum more than townies? Explain.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
HaploPaithan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States100 Posts
January 10 2011 04:26 GMT
#414
For the same reason no one liked LSB's plan. It lets scum know where the roles to target are.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 10 2011 04:30 GMT
#415
If you were assigned a red role and did no recieve it. Please Claim

In addition, if you picked traitor and did not recieve it, please claim.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
January 10 2011 04:37 GMT
#416
On January 10 2011 13:26 HaploPaithan wrote:
For the same reason no one liked LSB's plan. It lets scum know where the roles to target are.


Yeah, after thinking about it. It makes sense because if people claim that they didn't get the role that they were assigned then mafia can just guess who was above them that got the role and pick them off of course eliminating from the list their fellow scum. But yeah, if you chose traitor or any red roles and you didn't get it I think it is to claim to see who has it instead of that person.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
Misder
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1557 Posts
January 10 2011 04:44 GMT
#417
On January 10 2011 13:26 HaploPaithan wrote:
For the same reason no one liked LSB's plan. It lets scum know where the roles to target are.

I guess, but if you didn't get the role, wouldn't it help the town to figure out who took it and didn't follow the plan?
Whaaaa?
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
January 10 2011 04:46 GMT
#418
On January 10 2011 13:26 HaploPaithan wrote:
For the same reason no one liked LSB's plan. It lets scum know where the roles to target are.


Well thats why you can claim a 'blue role' whether defensive or offensive is where serial killers and mafia will be reluctant to hit. If a vet or BP gets hit once, they have done a world of good. Every time a doctor protects someone, thats super.

Though yeah unless your vanilla claim can find mafia, keep it to yourself.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 10 2011 04:56 GMT
#419
To be more specific. If roles 2,3,4,5,7,18,20 followed the plan and did not get their role, please claim.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Fishball
Profile Joined December 2005
Canada4788 Posts
January 10 2011 05:30 GMT
#420
On January 10 2011 13:02 HaploPaithan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 12:50 Fishball wrote:
On January 10 2011 12:48 HaploPaithan wrote:
Sorry, what does FoS stand for?


Oh hey, I found another one that doesn't read!
Read the first sentence of the post above you.
Hell, even Google takes about like 10 seconds.

The more I reread my post, the more I agree with myself.

No need to be so rude about it. I read posts. Sorry if I'm not looking for an what an acronym stands for in every post I read.
I did google it and did not see an answer that made much sense to me. FoS stands for many things that are more popular than finger of suspicion.


Hey, you can take it any way you want. That reply was meant in the most jolly way ever.
All you needed to do is type in "fos mafia" in google, and click the first link. Ja?

On January 10 2011 13:44 Misder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2011 13:26 HaploPaithan wrote:
For the same reason no one liked LSB's plan. It lets scum know where the roles to target are.

I guess, but if you didn't get the role, wouldn't it help the town to figure out who took it and didn't follow the plan?


I'm with HaploPaithan here. Your logic just makes me think more and more that you are red. Hey BC, you should tell your muscles to stay low.
靈魂交響曲
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 84 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 198
ProTech133
Nina 91
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20764
Dewaltoss 119
Mong 104
Bale 40
ZergMaN 25
Noble 9
Icarus 8
League of Legends
JimRising 745
Other Games
summit1g11417
Sick186
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick913
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2166
League of Legends
• Lourlo1191
• Rush1049
• Stunt111
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 17m
Replay Cast
17h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.