• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10814 users

A Bluelightz Mafia "The Attack" - Page 18

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 134 Next
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 21 2013 23:46 GMT
#341
On July 22 2013 08:40 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
fivetouch made a post calling out the lurkers,
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 15:19 FiveTouch wrote:
Okay I've read the thread and I want to lynch a lurker. Throw a dart between DocH, Zephirdd, Oatsmaster and TAA. None have even tried to fake caring about the game, so I'm not even going to fake caring about their lives. Who's it gonna be guys?

I prefer Zeph, as he's actually posted yet has said literally nothing...but like I said, I would support any of the other lynches I mentioned without hesitation.

-VE

evidently he named almost every lurker(up to that point) except TanGeng.
TG strikes me as smart and competent with the few posts he made but he hasnt contributed yet so im kinda interested in him and then FT made that post which intentionally left TG out of the spotlight so i thought it was worth pointing out.
It IS worth pointing out. Honestly it's the single post in your filter that stuck out the most to me, and I think it's townie.

getmoript, either/both halves, chat about that post (by yourselves, in this thread, whatever). TAA's post is 8 hours after 5T's post. After that 5T post, TAA has:
On July 21 2013 23:06 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 11:24 getmoript wrote:
If there's a goddamn vigilante in this game and you shoot at all in this game I swear I will rage so fucking hard against you in the post game it's not even going to be goddamn funny. Closed setup. Nothing fucking known. Don't fucking kill town. I don't want another fucking repeat of Nuclear. I fucking hate playing as town because I always fucking lose. Goddamn this shit.

this post is so weird, fake outrage from nowhere, no real message "plz only shoot the mafia", if i could i would lynch only geript but for now ##vote: getmoript would do.
Im fairly sure either FiveTouch or getmoript is scum but since they attacked each other a bunch its probably not both, and since FT has been doing the attacking and getmoript has been backpaddeling as soon as he gets any heat im leaning towards him.
On July 21 2013 23:11 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
also a strange thing about FT is the calling out the lurker post. He left TanGeng out of his list of "ill hop aboard these bandwagons any day" call for no apparent reason. Im really interested in TanGengs collor if FT turns red and vice versa.
I read that as TAA actually looking through 5T and getmoript's filters, a "figuring the game out" thing. Do you read this as "trying to be all sneaky and make an extra bro scummy"?
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 21 2013 23:47 GMT
#342
On July 22 2013 08:42 getmoript wrote:
The "that'd be the norm for someone like me" point refers far more to the stream of consciousness type posting. Like I post mostly on gut as town and move from there where I can keep on going. Not the "well do you want to know what I think" type of posts; I don't think I've ever really seen that as town and I honestly can't imagine doing it as town. I've seen something like, "well you want to know what I think. Here's what I think" type of post all connected not this strung out sort of play.
Whichever head didn't write this, you should add a "well do you want to know what I think" before every post you make in hydra chat.
Fe fi fo fum.
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 21 2013 23:49 GMT
#343
On July 22 2013 07:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
The thing is Firm is very aggressive and straight forward as town. Here he is nothing like that at all. He is trying to fake that by calling out "scummy behaviour" without actually doing so (it didn't make people scum). When people start to question him he goes on to lurkers, to switch the attention onto something else ("look, there are 7 people who have not posted shit") instead of giving out reads on active players or trying to question scummy ones of them.

Also marv, why the fuck are you basing your opinion on what others think about TAA/Firm? Why not think by yourself?

Here's my problem with this analysis: Everything you bring up is meta-based. I could actually see Tofu being town right now. I'm null-town on him and think he's having a bad game (gut read, subject to change). I could easily see him just being busy/frustrated with Sicilian otherwise. Meta at most should make up a third of a case and nothing you've really brought so far is confirmed alignment indicative imo.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 21 2013 23:50 GMT
#344
If it's unsigned it's just best to assume it's me (geript).
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 21 2013 23:51 GMT
#345
okeedoke. I really do not want to lynch TAA with that one post and then his response just now.
Fe fi fo fum.
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 21 2013 23:58 GMT
#346
On July 22 2013 08:51 austinmcc wrote:
okeedoke. I really do not want to lynch TAA with that one post and then his response just now.

Who do you want to lynch then?
I don't want to lynch FirmTofu. I could go for a lurker right about now but it seems half the game might be modkilled for not voting. Mods, if you're reading this (and if you read come of what I wrote in the Nuclear postgame) I'm going to use this game as an example and start pushing for stronger activity rules in games/harsher bans.

-Wave
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:04 GMT
#347
On July 22 2013 08:58 getmoript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 08:51 austinmcc wrote:
okeedoke. I really do not want to lynch TAA with that one post and then his response just now.

Who do you want to lynch then?
I don't want to lynch FirmTofu. I could go for a lurker right about now but it seems half the game might be modkilled for not voting. Mods, if you're reading this (and if you read come of what I wrote in the Nuclear postgame) I'm going to use this game as an example and start pushing for stronger activity rules in games/harsher bans.

-Wave
I'm happier with an Oats lynch. Don't have a good scumread on anyone who's been posting a good bit. I'm slightly worried that I'm just punishing him for last game, but I feel pretty good that that's not actually the case, that's he's super lurky but actually was reading at one point or more, and can get behind the thought of "Oats is EVEN less impactful this game because he's rolled scum 2x in a row."

I don't want to lynch FirmTofu either. jrkirby interests me but I'd like to wait and see more from him. DrH valuable if town imo, would like to wait. So I come down to really looking at zephir and Oats, and wanting to lynch Oats between the pair.
Fe fi fo fum.
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 22 2013 00:04 GMT
#348
On July 22 2013 08:46 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 08:40 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
fivetouch made a post calling out the lurkers,
On July 21 2013 15:19 FiveTouch wrote:
Okay I've read the thread and I want to lynch a lurker. Throw a dart between DocH, Zephirdd, Oatsmaster and TAA. None have even tried to fake caring about the game, so I'm not even going to fake caring about their lives. Who's it gonna be guys?

I prefer Zeph, as he's actually posted yet has said literally nothing...but like I said, I would support any of the other lynches I mentioned without hesitation.

-VE

evidently he named almost every lurker(up to that point) except TanGeng.
TG strikes me as smart and competent with the few posts he made but he hasnt contributed yet so im kinda interested in him and then FT made that post which intentionally left TG out of the spotlight so i thought it was worth pointing out.
It IS worth pointing out. Honestly it's the single post in your filter that stuck out the most to me, and I think it's townie.

getmoript, either/both halves, chat about that post (by yourselves, in this thread, whatever). TAA's post is 8 hours after 5T's post. After that 5T post, TAA has:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 23:06 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
On July 21 2013 11:24 getmoript wrote:
If there's a goddamn vigilante in this game and you shoot at all in this game I swear I will rage so fucking hard against you in the post game it's not even going to be goddamn funny. Closed setup. Nothing fucking known. Don't fucking kill town. I don't want another fucking repeat of Nuclear. I fucking hate playing as town because I always fucking lose. Goddamn this shit.

this post is so weird, fake outrage from nowhere, no real message "plz only shoot the mafia", if i could i would lynch only geript but for now ##vote: getmoript would do.
Im fairly sure either FiveTouch or getmoript is scum but since they attacked each other a bunch its probably not both, and since FT has been doing the attacking and getmoript has been backpaddeling as soon as he gets any heat im leaning towards him.
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2013 23:11 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
also a strange thing about FT is the calling out the lurker post. He left TanGeng out of his list of "ill hop aboard these bandwagons any day" call for no apparent reason. Im really interested in TanGengs collor if FT turns red and vice versa.
I read that as TAA actually looking through 5T and getmoript's filters, a "figuring the game out" thing. Do you read this as "trying to be all sneaky and make an extra bro scummy"?

I really disagree with this. Filter diving isn't necessarily a "towny" thing to do. Scum filter dive too. More importantly I want to bring up how He's 'filter' diving. Here is where the FiveTouch post comes then the post on me. If he were going systematically down through the player filter list, the primary thing he'd comment on is how dead/lurky people are + Show Spoiler [Player List in Order] +
1) Zephirdd
2) jrkirby
3) FiveTouch
4) raynpelikoneet
5) FirmTofu
6) TanGeng
7) JarJarDinks
8) DoctorHelvetica
9) austinmcc
10) Oatsmaster
11) TheAwesomeAll
12) getmoript
. If he were going chronologically through the thread, then he would've commented on my Vigilante rage stuff here first and not on VE's lurker comment here. Rather he's popping in, making random comment, getting called on his shit and popping back out. Just looks exactly like a fluff indicator.

Anywho going to work now, WoS please take over.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 22 2013 00:07 GMT
#349
WTF Austin? TAA admits that TanG looks all logic'd up and stuff and doesn't think that VE/Marv can have a read on him from a few posts? Just because someone's a lurker doesn't mean that you're automatically interested in lynching them. You can get reads from lurkers. I've correctly nailed someone as town based on 3 almost single line posts before.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2013 00:08 GMT
#350
Hey all, got back and looking through the thread as the deadline starts to get closer.

Let's go look over the who might look like a surer lynch among the actives. If no clear candidate, let's go with an inactive.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:14 GMT
#351
On July 22 2013 09:07 getmoript wrote:
WTF Austin? TAA admits that TanG looks all logic'd up and stuff and doesn't think that VE/Marv can have a read on him from a few posts? Just because someone's a lurker doesn't mean that you're automatically interested in lynching them. You can get reads from lurkers. I've correctly nailed someone as town based on 3 almost single line posts before.
Wish you were just bad cop + cop that makes sound effects. Calm down. I FULLY agree that you can get reads from lurkers.

You're interpreting something differently than I am. As I read it, TAA was wondering why 5T didn't mention TanGeng with the other lurkers, when VE said he wanted to lynch a lurker and made a tiny list. Not attacking 5T for having a read on a lurker, but just noting "This dude made a list of lurkers, but he left this one lurker off, and I think that's interesting."

On July 22 2013 09:04 getmoript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 08:46 austinmcc wrote:
On July 22 2013 08:40 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
fivetouch made a post calling out the lurkers,
On July 21 2013 15:19 FiveTouch wrote:
Okay I've read the thread and I want to lynch a lurker. Throw a dart between DocH, Zephirdd, Oatsmaster and TAA. None have even tried to fake caring about the game, so I'm not even going to fake caring about their lives. Who's it gonna be guys?

I prefer Zeph, as he's actually posted yet has said literally nothing...but like I said, I would support any of the other lynches I mentioned without hesitation.

-VE

evidently he named almost every lurker(up to that point) except TanGeng.
TG strikes me as smart and competent with the few posts he made but he hasnt contributed yet so im kinda interested in him and then FT made that post which intentionally left TG out of the spotlight so i thought it was worth pointing out.
It IS worth pointing out. Honestly it's the single post in your filter that stuck out the most to me, and I think it's townie.

getmoript, either/both halves, chat about that post (by yourselves, in this thread, whatever). TAA's post is 8 hours after 5T's post. After that 5T post, TAA has:
On July 21 2013 23:06 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
On July 21 2013 11:24 getmoript wrote:
If there's a goddamn vigilante in this game and you shoot at all in this game I swear I will rage so fucking hard against you in the post game it's not even going to be goddamn funny. Closed setup. Nothing fucking known. Don't fucking kill town. I don't want another fucking repeat of Nuclear. I fucking hate playing as town because I always fucking lose. Goddamn this shit.

this post is so weird, fake outrage from nowhere, no real message "plz only shoot the mafia", if i could i would lynch only geript but for now ##vote: getmoript would do.
Im fairly sure either FiveTouch or getmoript is scum but since they attacked each other a bunch its probably not both, and since FT has been doing the attacking and getmoript has been backpaddeling as soon as he gets any heat im leaning towards him.
On July 21 2013 23:11 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
also a strange thing about FT is the calling out the lurker post. He left TanGeng out of his list of "ill hop aboard these bandwagons any day" call for no apparent reason. Im really interested in TanGengs collor if FT turns red and vice versa.
I read that as TAA actually looking through 5T and getmoript's filters, a "figuring the game out" thing. Do you read this as "trying to be all sneaky and make an extra bro scummy"?

I really disagree with this. Filter diving isn't necessarily a "towny" thing to do. Scum filter dive too. More importantly I want to bring up how He's 'filter' diving. Here is where the FiveTouch post comes then the post on me. If he were going systematically down through the player filter list, the primary thing he'd comment on is how dead/lurky people are + Show Spoiler [Player List in Order] +
1) Zephirdd
2) jrkirby
3) FiveTouch
4) raynpelikoneet
5) FirmTofu
6) TanGeng
7) JarJarDinks
8) DoctorHelvetica
9) austinmcc
10) Oatsmaster
11) TheAwesomeAll
12) getmoript
. If he were going chronologically through the thread, then he would've commented on my Vigilante rage stuff here first and not on VE's lurker comment here. Rather he's popping in, making random comment, getting called on his shit and popping back out. Just looks exactly like a fluff indicator.

Anywho going to work now, WoS please take over.
See, look at all this calm discussion. Scum filter dive, but...he didn't just accuse 5T with that post? It's not like he looked through for scummy stuff or townie stuff or whatever to reinforce this case. He found something INTERESTING and posted it, makes me think he was reading without planning to do anything specific. I dunno, it's somewhat fluff but not scummy fluff imo. It's actually reading this post and pointing out this interesting thing about this post, but not trying to spin it (at least for instant effect).
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:27 GMT
#352
Went ahead and voted Oats. There's merit on both sides of the TAA thing, but I like that post and his response to me as townie posts. The only caveat is that if 5T is town and marv disagrees with my thought process entirely and thinks I'm dumb and TAA is mafia, then it ups that chance TAA is mafia by more than I'd like.
Fe fi fo fum.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2013 00:27 GMT
#353
I'm not even the most inactive in this game Fuck! This is going to be bad for town.

At this point I'm looking at the most active filter: getmoript. All this stuff looks townie for me right now.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 22 2013 00:30 GMT
#354
On July 22 2013 09:27 austinmcc wrote:
Went ahead and voted Oats. There's merit on both sides of the TAA thing, but I like that post and his response to me as townie posts. The only caveat is that if 5T is town and marv disagrees with my thought process entirely and thinks I'm dumb and TAA is mafia, then it ups that chance TAA is mafia by more than I'd like.

Uh. Marv's with me on this on bro.
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:31 GMT
#355
On July 22 2013 09:30 getmoript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 09:27 austinmcc wrote:
Went ahead and voted Oats. There's merit on both sides of the TAA thing, but I like that post and his response to me as townie posts. The only caveat is that if 5T is town and marv disagrees with my thought process entirely and thinks I'm dumb and TAA is mafia, then it ups that chance TAA is mafia by more than I'd like.

Uh. Marv's with me on this on bro.
My post was like 80% joke, but also it's more whether he agrees with my particular thought process and less the read, I think.
Fe fi fo fum.
getmoript
Profile Joined March 2013
1016 Posts
July 22 2013 00:32 GMT
#356
On July 22 2013 09:14 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 09:07 getmoript wrote:
WTF Austin? TAA admits that TanG looks all logic'd up and stuff and doesn't think that VE/Marv can have a read on him from a few posts? Just because someone's a lurker doesn't mean that you're automatically interested in lynching them. You can get reads from lurkers. I've correctly nailed someone as town based on 3 almost single line posts before.
Wish you were just bad cop + cop that makes sound effects. Calm down. I FULLY agree that you can get reads from lurkers.

You're interpreting something differently than I am. As I read it, TAA was wondering why 5T didn't mention TanGeng with the other lurkers, when VE said he wanted to lynch a lurker and made a tiny list. Not attacking 5T for having a read on a lurker, but just noting "This dude made a list of lurkers, but he left this one lurker off, and I think that's interesting."

Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 09:04 getmoript wrote:
On July 22 2013 08:46 austinmcc wrote:
On July 22 2013 08:40 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
fivetouch made a post calling out the lurkers,
On July 21 2013 15:19 FiveTouch wrote:
Okay I've read the thread and I want to lynch a lurker. Throw a dart between DocH, Zephirdd, Oatsmaster and TAA. None have even tried to fake caring about the game, so I'm not even going to fake caring about their lives. Who's it gonna be guys?

I prefer Zeph, as he's actually posted yet has said literally nothing...but like I said, I would support any of the other lynches I mentioned without hesitation.

-VE

evidently he named almost every lurker(up to that point) except TanGeng.
TG strikes me as smart and competent with the few posts he made but he hasnt contributed yet so im kinda interested in him and then FT made that post which intentionally left TG out of the spotlight so i thought it was worth pointing out.
It IS worth pointing out. Honestly it's the single post in your filter that stuck out the most to me, and I think it's townie.

getmoript, either/both halves, chat about that post (by yourselves, in this thread, whatever). TAA's post is 8 hours after 5T's post. After that 5T post, TAA has:
On July 21 2013 23:06 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
On July 21 2013 11:24 getmoript wrote:
If there's a goddamn vigilante in this game and you shoot at all in this game I swear I will rage so fucking hard against you in the post game it's not even going to be goddamn funny. Closed setup. Nothing fucking known. Don't fucking kill town. I don't want another fucking repeat of Nuclear. I fucking hate playing as town because I always fucking lose. Goddamn this shit.

this post is so weird, fake outrage from nowhere, no real message "plz only shoot the mafia", if i could i would lynch only geript but for now ##vote: getmoript would do.
Im fairly sure either FiveTouch or getmoript is scum but since they attacked each other a bunch its probably not both, and since FT has been doing the attacking and getmoript has been backpaddeling as soon as he gets any heat im leaning towards him.
On July 21 2013 23:11 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
also a strange thing about FT is the calling out the lurker post. He left TanGeng out of his list of "ill hop aboard these bandwagons any day" call for no apparent reason. Im really interested in TanGengs collor if FT turns red and vice versa.
I read that as TAA actually looking through 5T and getmoript's filters, a "figuring the game out" thing. Do you read this as "trying to be all sneaky and make an extra bro scummy"?

I really disagree with this. Filter diving isn't necessarily a "towny" thing to do. Scum filter dive too. More importantly I want to bring up how He's 'filter' diving. Here is where the FiveTouch post comes then the post on me. If he were going systematically down through the player filter list, the primary thing he'd comment on is how dead/lurky people are + Show Spoiler [Player List in Order] +
1) Zephirdd
2) jrkirby
3) FiveTouch
4) raynpelikoneet
5) FirmTofu
6) TanGeng
7) JarJarDinks
8) DoctorHelvetica
9) austinmcc
10) Oatsmaster
11) TheAwesomeAll
12) getmoript
. If he were going chronologically through the thread, then he would've commented on my Vigilante rage stuff here first and not on VE's lurker comment here. Rather he's popping in, making random comment, getting called on his shit and popping back out. Just looks exactly like a fluff indicator.

Anywho going to work now, WoS please take over.
See, look at all this calm discussion. Scum filter dive, but...he didn't just accuse 5T with that post? It's not like he looked through for scummy stuff or townie stuff or whatever to reinforce this case. He found something INTERESTING and posted it, makes me think he was reading without planning to do anything specific. I dunno, it's somewhat fluff but not scummy fluff imo. It's actually reading this post and pointing out this interesting thing about this post, but not trying to spin it (at least for instant effect).

My point is that there isn't a methodical method to what he's approaching. Rather he's reading to some "current point of interest" posting on it and leaving. How is that towny?
Hydra of geript and Cavalinho
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:35 GMT
#357
On July 22 2013 09:32 getmoript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2013 09:14 austinmcc wrote:
On July 22 2013 09:07 getmoript wrote:
WTF Austin? TAA admits that TanG looks all logic'd up and stuff and doesn't think that VE/Marv can have a read on him from a few posts? Just because someone's a lurker doesn't mean that you're automatically interested in lynching them. You can get reads from lurkers. I've correctly nailed someone as town based on 3 almost single line posts before.
Wish you were just bad cop + cop that makes sound effects. Calm down. I FULLY agree that you can get reads from lurkers.

You're interpreting something differently than I am. As I read it, TAA was wondering why 5T didn't mention TanGeng with the other lurkers, when VE said he wanted to lynch a lurker and made a tiny list. Not attacking 5T for having a read on a lurker, but just noting "This dude made a list of lurkers, but he left this one lurker off, and I think that's interesting."

On July 22 2013 09:04 getmoript wrote:
On July 22 2013 08:46 austinmcc wrote:
On July 22 2013 08:40 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
fivetouch made a post calling out the lurkers,
On July 21 2013 15:19 FiveTouch wrote:
Okay I've read the thread and I want to lynch a lurker. Throw a dart between DocH, Zephirdd, Oatsmaster and TAA. None have even tried to fake caring about the game, so I'm not even going to fake caring about their lives. Who's it gonna be guys?

I prefer Zeph, as he's actually posted yet has said literally nothing...but like I said, I would support any of the other lynches I mentioned without hesitation.

-VE

evidently he named almost every lurker(up to that point) except TanGeng.
TG strikes me as smart and competent with the few posts he made but he hasnt contributed yet so im kinda interested in him and then FT made that post which intentionally left TG out of the spotlight so i thought it was worth pointing out.
It IS worth pointing out. Honestly it's the single post in your filter that stuck out the most to me, and I think it's townie.

getmoript, either/both halves, chat about that post (by yourselves, in this thread, whatever). TAA's post is 8 hours after 5T's post. After that 5T post, TAA has:
On July 21 2013 23:06 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
On July 21 2013 11:24 getmoript wrote:
If there's a goddamn vigilante in this game and you shoot at all in this game I swear I will rage so fucking hard against you in the post game it's not even going to be goddamn funny. Closed setup. Nothing fucking known. Don't fucking kill town. I don't want another fucking repeat of Nuclear. I fucking hate playing as town because I always fucking lose. Goddamn this shit.

this post is so weird, fake outrage from nowhere, no real message "plz only shoot the mafia", if i could i would lynch only geript but for now ##vote: getmoript would do.
Im fairly sure either FiveTouch or getmoript is scum but since they attacked each other a bunch its probably not both, and since FT has been doing the attacking and getmoript has been backpaddeling as soon as he gets any heat im leaning towards him.
On July 21 2013 23:11 TheAwesomeAll wrote:
also a strange thing about FT is the calling out the lurker post. He left TanGeng out of his list of "ill hop aboard these bandwagons any day" call for no apparent reason. Im really interested in TanGengs collor if FT turns red and vice versa.
I read that as TAA actually looking through 5T and getmoript's filters, a "figuring the game out" thing. Do you read this as "trying to be all sneaky and make an extra bro scummy"?

I really disagree with this. Filter diving isn't necessarily a "towny" thing to do. Scum filter dive too. More importantly I want to bring up how He's 'filter' diving. Here is where the FiveTouch post comes then the post on me. If he were going systematically down through the player filter list, the primary thing he'd comment on is how dead/lurky people are + Show Spoiler [Player List in Order] +
1) Zephirdd
2) jrkirby
3) FiveTouch
4) raynpelikoneet
5) FirmTofu
6) TanGeng
7) JarJarDinks
8) DoctorHelvetica
9) austinmcc
10) Oatsmaster
11) TheAwesomeAll
12) getmoript
. If he were going chronologically through the thread, then he would've commented on my Vigilante rage stuff here first and not on VE's lurker comment here. Rather he's popping in, making random comment, getting called on his shit and popping back out. Just looks exactly like a fluff indicator.

Anywho going to work now, WoS please take over.
See, look at all this calm discussion. Scum filter dive, but...he didn't just accuse 5T with that post? It's not like he looked through for scummy stuff or townie stuff or whatever to reinforce this case. He found something INTERESTING and posted it, makes me think he was reading without planning to do anything specific. I dunno, it's somewhat fluff but not scummy fluff imo. It's actually reading this post and pointing out this interesting thing about this post, but not trying to spin it (at least for instant effect).

My point is that there isn't a methodical method to what he's approaching. Rather he's reading to some "current point of interest" posting on it and leaving. How is that towny?
Because I don't see it as much as a "current point of interest." He found this one post, identified this one thing about it that IS interesting, and mentioned it. If he'd done more with it I'd actually like that less. If he tries to use that to actively paint either party as scummy now, it'd look more like he was grabbing whatever, throwing it in a bucket and calling someone scummy. But instead, he's just pointing out this connection, NOT basing current reads off of it.
Fe fi fo fum.
TanGeng
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sanya12364 Posts
July 22 2013 00:45 GMT
#358
I'm going to vote for JJD at this point, an initial pressure/suspicion vote.

Getript suggests that we should be lynching him. A bit later, he shows up for a short little post about Tofu and then promptly goes to sleep. As getript suggests "convenient."

Also 5T, what are you doing leaving me off your lists!!! You too Tofu!!! I am useless. Totally useless.
Moderator我们是个踏实的赞助商模式俱乐部
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 00:49 GMT
#359
On July 22 2013 09:45 TanGeng wrote:
I'm going to vote for JJD at this point, an initial pressure/suspicion vote.

Getript suggests that we should be lynching him. A bit later, he shows up for a short little post about Tofu and then promptly goes to sleep. As getript suggests "convenient."

Also 5T, what are you doing leaving me off your lists!!! You too Tofu!!! I am useless. Totally useless.
Explain the first sentence please. The pressure/suspicion vote bit.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
July 22 2013 01:00 GMT
#360
My apologies.

Pretty please explain that sentence and your vote.
Fe fi fo fum.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 134 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 587
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings164
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21402
Shuttle 11410
FanTaSy 1795
Hyuk 925
Horang2 577
BeSt 499
Mini 257
Stork 256
Pusan 240
Killer 136
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Zeus 127
Last 123
Mind 98
ggaemo 67
Hyun 60
sorry 52
PianO 45
Snow 39
Bale 33
Sea.KH 31
ToSsGirL 30
JYJ 27
Hm[arnc] 26
Aegong 21
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe411
Counter-Strike
fl0m2022
byalli967
x6flipin241
Other Games
gofns27588
singsing2825
B2W.Neo663
ArmadaUGS85
Mew2King59
Livibee6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 31m
Replay Cast
11h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.