• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:50
CEST 06:50
KST 13:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9956 users

Aperture Mafia 2: Portal Edition - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 95 Next
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 01 2012 18:53 GMT
#281
Vote Count

Mattchew (0): Keirathi

Keirathi (1): Drazerk, ghost_403

Drazerk (2): Nisani201, JingleHell, strongandbig

austinmcc (0): Mementoss

strongandbig (1): Drazerk

JingleHell (2): gonzaw, gonzaw, austinmcc

ghost_403 (1): iamperfection

iamperfection (3): gonzaw, Mementoss, Mattchew, austinmcc, HiroPro

gonzaw (1): JingleHell

Nisani201 (1): Keirathi

The following players have not voted: Crossfire99 .

At the end of the deadline, all nonvoters will be counted as voting for no lynch, and they will be forcibly replaced.

"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 18:59 GMT
#282
Replaced by a potato or a lemon?
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 19:00 GMT
#283
On October 02 2012 03:59 Drazerk wrote:
Replaced by a potato or a lemon?


Replaced by a corrupted core.

GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
October 01 2012 19:04 GMT
#284
+ Show Spoiler +
"89% of magic tricks are not magic Technically, they are sorcery." -Fact Sphere
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 19:05 GMT
#285
1 in 5 are kidnapped by the dutch
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 19:09 GMT
#286
Something else for austin to answer:
On October 02 2012 02:32 austinmcc wrote:
I don't like Mattchew for scum, he's my strongest town-read right now. I don't like gonzaw for scum atm, although it'll take more time to figure that one out. I don't like me for scum, because I'm not. So those posts are out.

Care to give some reasoning for those reads?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:12 GMT
#287
On October 02 2012 03:53 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 03:49 Mementoss wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote
snip


This exchange read extremely weird for me, especially since before this austimccn has never mentioned Iamperfection.


You know, that's actually an intriguing point. Mind explaining, austin?

Found Mattchew's question to be real but posed in a silly way (What is your read on iamperfection?). Gave him a real answer, but started with a silly beginning.
Fe fi fo fum.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
October 01 2012 19:22 GMT
#288
On October 02 2012 04:12 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 03:53 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 03:49 Mementoss wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote
snip


This exchange read extremely weird for me, especially since before this austimccn has never mentioned Iamperfection.


You know, that's actually an intriguing point. Mind explaining, austin?

Found Mattchew's question to be real but posed in a silly way (What is your read on iamperfection?). Gave him a real answer, but started with a silly beginning.

I could buy that answer, but it still doesn't explain why after your Vote+Unvote, you kept talking about iamperfection like you wanted to lynch him.

On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
Why am I voting iamperfection over others?

*snip*

Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? *snip*


That was your first mention of him, and you seemed to be saying that you thought he was the scummiest of the 3 "lurker" and that one of them was almost certainly scum. But immediately afterwards, you started talking about JH and in your next post, you hopped on the JH wagon.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:26 GMT
#289
On October 02 2012 04:09 Keirathi wrote:
Something else for austin to answer:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:32 austinmcc wrote:
I don't like Mattchew for scum, he's my strongest town-read right now. I don't like gonzaw for scum atm, although it'll take more time to figure that one out. I don't like me for scum, because I'm not. So those posts are out.

Care to give some reasoning for those reads?



On Mattchew, it's a couple of his posts. In particular, this one:
On October 02 2012 00:40 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 23:45 Drazerk wrote:
If we don't lynch S+B my next target would probably be JH because I just hate the wounded survivor act but its not really telling of alignment.

I would like you to completely drop S&B from your vocab until tomorrow and literally forget he is in the game. I think this will improve your play and allow you to look at the game better.
I'd just mentioned not liking drazerk/snb being so focused on each other:
On October 02 2012 00:31 austinmcc wrote:
Drazerk/snb very interested in each other. Both voting each other, in part, based on what seems to be "He should understand my play better." I don't want to lynch either of them today, and telling me that some other player should understand you better doesn't make me want to lynch that other guy. The votes feel entirely wasted.
The fact that Mattchew was similarly critical gives me a townie feel. Drazerk's questions the last couple of pages have been good. I hope he would be playing the same way regardless of my comment or matt's comment, I don't think they influenced him, but he and snb being so focused on each other wasn't really helping town based on the reasoning they were providing.

His iamperfection question to me felt townie. It's...an odd way to phrase something as scum? Like, you can just say "What is your read?" or "Would you vote iamperfection?" Instead he asks why I'm not voting with him, just an odd little bit of creativity. scumMatt from what I'm seen is either disinterested or...claims scum. Creative questions don't fit the bill for either of those.

He's continued to pursue iamperfection, in a noticeably different way than the early voters that I've been critical of. Whereas ghost/nisani just left the thread, and iamperfection stayed focused on ghost, Mattchew has been actively commenting on other matters, has been asking questions to others, has been trying to get iamperfection lynched. It stands out so differently from behavior that I'm finding scummy in others.


The gonzaw read is weaker, but the way he returned to thread feels like he was being gonzaw-y. Spammy, finding lots of little stuff, talking about it. In particular, things like this:
On October 01 2012 05:19 gonzaw wrote:
Am I the only one that found these 2 posts weird?

Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 14:32 Nisani201 wrote:
##Vote: Drazerk

I don't understand why he's still pushing against Keirathi. His plan was clearly poorly thought out, I see no scum motivation behind it. Drazerk is taking a newbie mistake and calling it scum play.


Show nested quote +
On September 30 2012 22:22 JingleHell wrote:
On September 30 2012 14:15 Drazerk wrote:
I disagree the set up speculation would start again when all the Europeans wake up because your little idea was poorly managed. To me it just looks like a third party realizing they had done something silly and trying to back out of it before they are caught out without realizing their excuse puts even more focus on the stunt.

If you wanted to truly derail the thread from set up you would of kicked up a storm and not backed down for at least 24 hours. A 2 hour changeover where only mattchew posted anything significant isn't that.


People seem to be missing this. The first time he said it, he had some options in there, but now Draz seems focused on "Third Party" for Keirathi...

Not scum, but potentially third party (based on all that same speculation about setup)? You suggesting you know who IS scum, Drazerk?

##Vote Drazerk


Both of them rarely posted before that, and came out of nowhere with a vote on Drazerk of all people. Then none of them stuck around discussing their read on Drazerk and just disappeared.

First, let it be clear that I don't get the feeling both are scum (since I doubt both would act exactly the same way as scum), but it's a possibility if you guys want to discuss it.
What I think of it is.....scummy and weird.

I didn't see any of them invested in discussions, specially not in discussions concerning Keirathi and Drazerk. They just came, parked their vote on the "easy" target ("easy" in relative terms) and left. I see no town motivation at all in parking your vote and disappearing before discussing your reasoning with other people and waiting to see what others have to say.


However, I could let Nisani pass, since he did minimally discuss his read of Drazerk later (it was 1 post, but at least it was something). Plus it's Nisani and I can see him acting like that as town.
I like finding odd interactions or posts. This was one of those...interesting finds. Not necessarily scummy, but worth noting. He noted it, explained why he was interested, and then went further later in the post to vote JH after adding in some other stuff. I like that he pulled out a weird interaction, didn't completely disregard it, didn't blast anyone for it, but used it to look further at someone.

He asked this
On October 01 2012 05:59 gonzaw wrote:
At Keirathi:
1)Are you going to start scumhunting soon?

which was a good question and something I was going to ask until I saw he'd already done so.

He also comes off townie in the way he addresses mementoss here:
On October 01 2012 06:45 gonzaw wrote:
I'd really like Mementos to tell us if his austin thing is getting anywhere and if he has anything else to say.

On October 01 2012 11:31 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 10:51 Keirathi wrote:
I would talk with you but I exhausted my major reads when you asked earlier, so I'll just make some quick comments:

s&b: hardcore lurking. I honestly expect more from him.

austin: weird flip-flop on me, and again not as active as I would expect

Mementoss: null. I'm curious what about him gives you a weird feeling? Your only mentions of him so far are in passing, or asking other people questions.

iamperfection: slight meta-based town read, despite his lurkiness.



The "weird" feeling I had about Mementos was that 1st post of his. His reasoning to vote austin didn't seem that good to me (although I don't really want to get into it right now), and it seemed he picked him out of nowhere. The worst thing is that that post of his made me think "wow, so it seems Mementos will be active and contribute" but he never followed up with anything later.

Just how I found Jingle suspicious because Jingle FoSed Drazerk and then did absolutely nothing to push his read, I find Mementos suspicious for doing the same to austin. He parked his vote on him, then disappeared only to sporadically make irrelevant one-liners and completely forget about austin.

It may be that he was having 2nd doubts on austin but was not really sure if he wanted to unvote him or not and thus kept his vote (which I guess is what happened with Jingle, and basically what happened with me some time ago), but there's almost no indication of that from him and that doesn't justify his lack of contributions since then

As I read it, he's concerned with mementoss's post on me. Instead of straight-up saying that, or directly confronting mementoss, he just sort of asks this minor question. What are you doing with it now?

It shows me that he's trying to piece things together, that he's actively thinking about alignments. He could have burst in with "this post makes me feel weird," but he doesn't, and dangling that question out without giving a full read comes of townie to me.
Fe fi fo fum.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
October 01 2012 19:30 GMT
#290
Hi everyone.

I haven't left the thread, I'm catching up now and will post my thoughts when I'm done.
Enjoy your day.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:34 GMT
#291
On October 02 2012 04:22 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:12 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 03:53 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 03:49 Mementoss wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote
snip


This exchange read extremely weird for me, especially since before this austimccn has never mentioned Iamperfection.


You know, that's actually an intriguing point. Mind explaining, austin?

Found Mattchew's question to be real but posed in a silly way (What is your read on iamperfection?). Gave him a real answer, but started with a silly beginning.

I could buy that answer, but it still doesn't explain why after your Vote+Unvote, you kept talking about iamperfection like you wanted to lynch him.

Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
Why am I voting iamperfection over others?

*snip*

Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? *snip*


That was your first mention of him, and you seemed to be saying that you thought he was the scummiest of the 3 "lurker" and that one of them was almost certainly scum. But immediately afterwards, you started talking about JH and in your next post, you hopped on the JH wagon.

Oh, no. It was meant as a silly response and vote, not that I'm finding him more scummy than the others. That question isn't "Why am I voting iamperfection? Let me tell you!" It was "Why am I joining you in voting for iamperfection when these other two look almost the same?" Not actually hopping on the wagon.
Fe fi fo fum.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 19:36 GMT
#292
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 19:36 GMT
#293
On October 02 2012 04:30 Nisani201 wrote:
Hi everyone.

I haven't left the thread, I'm catching up now and will post my thoughts when I'm done.


http://i1.theportalwiki.net/img/2/27/Fact_core_attachedfact01.wav
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:39 GMT
#294
On October 02 2012 04:36 JingleHell wrote:
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.

No. They're not worthy of sheeping for that, they come off town to me for that. And for the other stuff mentioned above.

It DOES seem like neither wants to lead the wagon. However, Mattchew pretty clearly wants to lead a vote on iamperfection. How is him clearly wanting to lead a lynch on someone else scummy because he won't lead a lynch on you?
Fe fi fo fum.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 19:45 GMT
#295
On October 02 2012 04:39 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:36 JingleHell wrote:
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.

No. They're not worthy of sheeping for that, they come off town to me for that. And for the other stuff mentioned above.

It DOES seem like neither wants to lead the wagon. However, Mattchew pretty clearly wants to lead a vote on iamperfection. How is him clearly wanting to lead a lynch on someone else scummy because he won't lead a lynch on you?


It's scummy because neither of them has yet to make sense in their suspicions, neither wants to lead it, both want to direct suspicion at me, and both have demonstrated willingness to sheep onto me for little to no reason.

That looks less like scumhunting and more like avoiding suspicion. Avoiding suspicion is, at best, a null tell, and certainly not validation for strong town reads.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:46 GMT
#296
On October 02 2012 04:36 JingleHell wrote:
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.

Adding to this, because this post is giving me a bad vibe. Here are Mattchew's mentions of you since dropping a vote:
On October 02 2012 00:39 Mattchew wrote:

...

##unvote
##vote Iamperfection


...

Jinglehell I dont want dead as bad as I did before. His actively lurking and woe is me attitude dont give me good feelings, however he is explaining his thought process pretty thoroughly which is really hard to do as scum. I am not getting a filtered or nervous feeling (of him writing his thoughts) from his posting.

On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
JH as i have said, is a lynch I would support but I would much rather lynch iamperfection
That's it. He's not screaming your name. He seems entirely focused on lynching iamperfection, with you as a backup. And not in a "I'd vote either" sort of way, he's expressing a pretty clear preference of voting someone else.

Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
October 01 2012 19:47 GMT
#297
On October 02 2012 04:45 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:39 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:36 JingleHell wrote:
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.

No. They're not worthy of sheeping for that, they come off town to me for that. And for the other stuff mentioned above.

It DOES seem like neither wants to lead the wagon. However, Mattchew pretty clearly wants to lead a vote on iamperfection. How is him clearly wanting to lead a lynch on someone else scummy because he won't lead a lynch on you?


It's scummy because neither of them has yet to make sense in their suspicions, neither wants to lead it, both want to direct suspicion at me, and both have demonstrated willingness to sheep onto me for little to no reason.

That looks less like scumhunting and more like avoiding suspicion. Avoiding suspicion is, at best, a null tell, and certainly not validation for strong town reads.

You think...Mattchew is pursuing iamperfection this hard, not because he wants to hunt scum, but because he wants to avoid suspicion?
Fe fi fo fum.
Crossfire99
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1529 Posts
October 01 2012 19:54 GMT
#298
Yeah, so I'm back. I'm actually leaning towards Keirathi being town now. He is the most active player in the thread and doesn't seem to be afraid while contributing his reads and attacking. I'm looking past his weird contradiction earlier in the game and just chalking it up to explaining himself poorly.

I'm still confused by Drazerk and am going to just ignore him until I get more concrete information like flips (assuming I survive long enough to get that)

My top scum read right now is iamperfection. Mattchew makes a good case here + Show Spoiler +
On October 02 2012 00:39 Mattchew wrote:
gonna hop right back into the thread with some analysis

I believe iamperfection is scum and I would like everyone to click on his filter

Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 05:43 iamperfection wrote:
On October 01 2012 04:22 ghost_403 wrote:
I'm pretty happy lynching Keirathi right now. He's putting way too much effort into scumhunting on Day 1 to build up towncred. Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do. I vote we lynch him today, and mementoss tomorrow. WHO'S WITH ME.

##vote keirathi

We are seriously going to allow this crap? Ive played about 6 games of tl mafia and this is the biggest pile of crap ive seen yet.

## Vote ghost_403

This post clearly mis-reads what ghost is trying to say and jumps on him with a hyperbole and what feels like a very fake sense of confidence. The way this post is worded is not as much anger as much as it reads "grab your pitchforks and bandwagon with me"

After this, his teeth are sunk into ghost, and he is afraid to move. He also has failed to comment on literally anyone else in the thread. His reasoning is bad, his contributions are next to nothing.

Honestly I don't think anything more needs to be written. Enough time has past for iamperfection to comment on other players, or contribute to actual discussion. His reasoning for pushing a ghost lynch is bad and grasping at straws.

##unvote
##vote Iamperfection


I may disagree with ghost's assessment of keirathi, but he gives his reasoning based on what knowledge he had, and iamperfection twists what ghost said in order to attack him.

##Vote: iamperfection

I'll be around for a bit, so feel free to ask me questions.
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 01 2012 19:56 GMT
#299
On October 02 2012 04:47 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 04:45 JingleHell wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:39 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 04:36 JingleHell wrote:
So Gonzaw tries to create a connection between totally unrelated votes, and Mattchew assumes that someone who didn't post for most of the first half of D1 is active lurking. This makes you decide that they're clearly worthy of sheeping, even though neither of them seems to want to be the one leading the wagon?

After all, Gonzaw called his vote a throwaway, and Mattchew keeps screaming my name and putting his vote elsewhere. Kind of like Gonzaw did at one point.

No. They're not worthy of sheeping for that, they come off town to me for that. And for the other stuff mentioned above.

It DOES seem like neither wants to lead the wagon. However, Mattchew pretty clearly wants to lead a vote on iamperfection. How is him clearly wanting to lead a lynch on someone else scummy because he won't lead a lynch on you?


It's scummy because neither of them has yet to make sense in their suspicions, neither wants to lead it, both want to direct suspicion at me, and both have demonstrated willingness to sheep onto me for little to no reason.

That looks less like scumhunting and more like avoiding suspicion. Avoiding suspicion is, at best, a null tell, and certainly not validation for strong town reads.

You think...Mattchew is pursuing iamperfection this hard, not because he wants to hunt scum, but because he wants to avoid suspicion?


Pursuing him hard? He wasn't the first. Here's his "analysis".

On October 02 2012 00:39 Mattchew wrote:
gonna hop right back into the thread with some analysis

I believe iamperfection is scum and I would like everyone to click on his filter

Show nested quote +
On October 01 2012 05:43 iamperfection wrote:
On October 01 2012 04:22 ghost_403 wrote:
I'm pretty happy lynching Keirathi right now. He's putting way too much effort into scumhunting on Day 1 to build up towncred. Looking through previous filters when there's been, what, twenty posts in this game? No, that's not something that townies do. I vote we lynch him today, and mementoss tomorrow. WHO'S WITH ME.

##vote keirathi

We are seriously going to allow this crap? Ive played about 6 games of tl mafia and this is the biggest pile of crap ive seen yet.

## Vote ghost_403

This post clearly mis-reads what ghost is trying to say and jumps on him with a hyperbole and what feels like a very fake sense of confidence. The way this post is worded is not as much anger as much as it reads "grab your pitchforks and bandwagon with me"

After this, his teeth are sunk into ghost, and he is afraid to move. He also has failed to comment on literally anyone else in the thread. His reasoning is bad, his contributions are next to nothing.

Honestly I don't think anything more needs to be written. Enough time has past for iamperfection to comment on other players, or contribute to actual discussion. His reasoning for pushing a ghost lynch is bad and grasping at straws.

##unvote
##vote Iamperfection




On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?


On October 02 2012 01:59 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 01:43 austinmcc wrote:
On October 02 2012 01:15 Mattchew wrote:
austin why arent you voting iamperfection with me?

Oh noes, I forgot.

##Vote: iamperfection

Sorry about that.

##Unvote

Why am I voting iamperfection over others? He, ghost, and nisani all seem in the same boat where they just dropped votes on someone for weak reasoning and left. Between them, we can't have the whole time, but I like finding a mafia in there.

iamperfection doesn't seem to care about anything other than ghost's vote

ghost doesn't seem to care about anything other than keirathi's early game effort and...HiroPro? While I agree that the hiro = town comment doesn't feel scummy, how is ghost as a scum player? Half of his posts are just questions to HiroPro and then ducking out. I don't see a scum agenda behind what he asked and what hero answered, it was just "what is happening/what are your reads," but I dislike that he only engages a single person in the thread.
On October 01 2012 04:26 ghost_403 wrote:
So, hiro, whatchoo think's going on in this here thread?
On October 01 2012 04:40 ghost_403 wrote:
Alright, Hiro, so who do you think we should be lynching today? So far, all you've done in this game is setup speculation (a big no-no), and what else?
On October 01 2012 04:46 ghost_403 wrote:
Hiro goes on my town list because no anti-town faction would be dumb enough to say that.

Still wanna lynch Keirathi.

Actually hadn't noticed the odd amount of hiro-only posts considering the size of his filter.

nisani hasn't done anything since Drazerk reacted to Keirathi's initial unvote. Actually...nisani reads the towniest of the three to me?
On October 01 2012 06:54 Nisani201 wrote:
On October 01 2012 06:25 Keirathi wrote:
As a bonus answer, Nisani is the other person (besides ghost) that I am particularly interested in right now. I feel like him jumping in to defend me against Drazerk because I was a "newbie" was taking advantage of an easy situation.

I recently played a game on another forum where I was pushed hard throughout the entire game because I made a small "newbie mistake" at the beginning. This game seems very similar and I don't want us to make the same mistake.

Not sure what to think of ghost, I think it's pretty stupid for anyone to vote Kei. I'm also not sure why drazerk took his vote off kei, since it doesn't look like anything really changed his mind.

I also think that Mementoss's "analysis" post was really stupid. It was a bad case on austin and the other half was him calling people town. He's on my radar but I'm still more confident in Drazerk.

doesn't flip out when someone is looking at him. Gives some thoughts on other players, although they're tremendously small.

Seriously. That post, that tiny answer, is basically the towniest thing I find in any of those three filters. Why am I lynching iamperfection over the other two? I don't give ghost as many town points as you do for his hiro post, and I find his hiro fascination odd.


I'm more concerned with JH. I think you were right in noting that he de-lurked right after getting called out. But where you say he's explaining this thought process thoroughly, I disagree. I'm not sure I get the change between PTP3 and here, maybe I didn't read the early days of PTP3 close enough to see this, but I remember JH in PTP3 being standoffish and unwilling to do anything but push single players. Being passive certainly provides an alternative playstyle to that, but it's not actually...doing anything. It doesn't seem to actually be BETTER or anything than PTP3 JH, and I'd expect someone who was unhappy with a bad performance to want to follow it up with a good performance, which this isn't. This is just excuses for NO performance.

ghost has provided opinions confidently. Do you feel that he is hiding something or just doesnt care about adding in extended explainations?

Nisani is more of a meta read for me, but I see him play like this a decent amount

Iamperfection is purposefully ignoring the rest of the thread and is not trying to actually help town with anything useful or anything that resembles effort.

JH as i have said, is a lynch I would support but I would much rather lynch iamperfection


On October 02 2012 03:04 Mattchew wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2012 02:57 Drazerk wrote:
On October 02 2012 02:56 Mattchew wrote:
draz what you think of iamperf


+ Show Spoiler +

lets expand on this... what do you think of his contributions to the game. What do you think of his read on ghost? Do you agree with his reasoning? What would make you think he is town?


Wow, that's such strong pressure! Including a desire to get OTHER people to provide a rationale for it.

This looks more like fake scumhunting than real. Sheeping, asking others to contribute to his paper thin case, and making noise about a lack of contribution. The exact same formula he used to jump on me.

In other words, yeah right. Hell, at this point, I'm convincing myself to vote Mattchew over Gonzaw...

##Unvote
##Vote Mattchew
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
October 01 2012 20:02 GMT
#300
Cross you can't apply flip logic to me don't try.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 201
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 197
hero 146
sorry 38
Mind 28
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1024
League of Legends
JimRising 709
Counter-Strike
taco 474
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King177
Other Games
summit1g9752
Maynarde191
RuFF_SC2163
ArmadaUGS32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick524
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 10
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH277
• Hupsaiya 122
• practicex 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2107
League of Legends
• Rush1197
• Stunt301
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 10m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.