• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:41
CEST 01:41
KST 08:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10066 users

Aperture Mafia - Page 118

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 136 Next
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
April 03 2012 18:47 GMT
#2341
I dont understand the concept of Cursed Crown anyways, So you want to not only make my abilities useless. But you want me to automatically die. Your acting like I am confirmed scum. So by doing this, mafia will not kill me mafia will target someone else, then I die. So worst case scenario 2 town die for the price of one. >_>. I thought we were staying away from potential inventions that could end game the town.

Also it seems weird to me that JJ pretty much single handidly have been deciding which inventions Nisani makes, (colour radiator, scatter shot, attempted Cursed Crown). Also what is the point of giving Maverick the portal gun, its completely random. He can't even use without night action.

It almost seems like your trying to make a game winning move, by saying you have to do this to prove your town. If you don't your not town. While if you were scum and it all went correctly it would almost insta-win the game for you. I still don't think your scum based on these actions alone, as your track record before was pretty good. Aside from Dirk was wonky but I made the same mistake of judging him.

As for my opinion on the invention Im not sure yet. I see your point of bodyarmour being risky in the sense if scum gets it. But it seems hard to make an invention that can't be abuse by scum getting it. IE fake claims n such. Since I don't trust anyone being town 100% its hard to really decide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
April 03 2012 19:09 GMT
#2342
This post will be long, please listen carefully.
The analysis has been done, it is heavenly.
I am the man
I'll tell ya the plan
that will when you the game quite successfully.

The mafia are the biggest threat here
They are the ones we need to fear.
mementoss is one indeed.
Please go back and read
his posts; you'll see he's quite unclear.

And through my magic I can list the remaining sleeper cell.
Nisani is the one that is under the spell
Simply put, he does not care
about the town's state of affairs.
Kill him soon, before the town is shot to hell

Please make sure the lynch is something you will be here for
another no-lynch for the town would be very poor.
The mafia's boss
is mementoss
kill him first and then you can four-score.

And in this limerick I shall make my final shout.
I know you will miss me, but do not pout!
Read carefully all I've said
and win this game in my stead!
Remember me! This is Foolishness! Over and out!

##Self-Sacrifice
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 19:12 GMT
#2343
Foolishness you gotta sync up things like syllables, accented syllables, etc. Rhymes aren't the only thing in poetry.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 19:19 GMT
#2344
I also don't think there are more mafia. But we'll see....
Enjoy your day.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 19:24:21
April 03 2012 19:21 GMT
#2345
Expect a more flavorful post from GM later.

Test Subject
Foolishness the GodSend has sacrificed himself.

+ Show Spoiler +
Welcome to Aperture Mafia! You are the Godsend. If you die, you are revived at the start of the next day (This happens at most one times). At any point after this, you my sacrifice your soul to REDACTED. You win with the town.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
April 03 2012 20:01 GMT
#2346
So kind Foolishness.... Well there you have it.. Mementoss and Nisani...

Now I feel like an idiot for not changing my vote...But you've got my vote for Mementoss on the next cycle ;;
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
phagga
Profile Joined February 2012
Switzerland2194 Posts
April 03 2012 20:12 GMT
#2347
Ok, this is... unexpected.

As for the item: How about an item that will reveal once the alignement of its owner at the beginning of the day? So if Nisani gives this item to Mementoss, we will know Mementoss alignement. Should Mementoss be killed, the killers alignment will be revealed. Like this, we would know if mementoss is on our side or not.

Also a bit powerfull, but perhaps the hosts allow it?

Or else just a single-use DT item, if possible with Vet-functionality (blocks 1 kp).

I'm quite curious to see what happens with the night post, but I'm even more tired, so I'm off to bed for now. I hope we can get one of the two proposed items, and I hope to see you again tomorrow.
"A person who does not concern himself with politics has already made the political choice he was so anxious to spare himself: he is serving the ruling party." - Max Frisch
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 20:18 GMT
#2348
On April 04 2012 05:12 phagga wrote:
Ok, this is... unexpected.

As for the item: How about an item that will reveal once the alignement of its owner at the beginning of the day? So if Nisani gives this item to Mementoss, we will know Mementoss alignement. Should Mementoss be killed, the killers alignment will be revealed. Like this, we would know if mementoss is on our side or not.

Also a bit powerfull, but perhaps the hosts allow it?

Or else just a single-use DT item, if possible with Vet-functionality (blocks 1 kp).

I'm quite curious to see what happens with the night post, but I'm even more tired, so I'm off to bed for now. I hope we can get one of the two proposed items, and I hope to see you again tomorrow.

That would be overpowered.

I'm just going to make a bullet proof best.
Enjoy your day.
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
April 03 2012 20:26 GMT
#2349
Make a day vig item. And give it to JJ.

Thats my vote. I say we just go all-in on this...
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 20:27 GMT
#2350
I already gave an item to jk.

I might make a day vig item.
Enjoy your day.
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
April 03 2012 20:34 GMT
#2351
[image loading]


Test Subject Godsend (foolishness) Launched Himself Into Space!

+ Show Spoiler +
Welcome to Aperture Mafia! You are the Godsend. If you die, you are revived at the start of the next day (This happens at most one times). At any point after this, you my sacrifice your soul to REDACTED. You win with the town.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 03 2012 20:58 GMT
#2352
Foolishness much love <3

On April 04 2012 03:47 Mementoss wrote:
I dont understand the concept of Cursed Crown anyways, So you want to not only make my abilities useless. But you want me to automatically die. Your acting like I am confirmed scum. So by doing this, mafia will not kill me mafia will target someone else, then I die. So worst case scenario 2 town die for the price of one. >_>. I thought we were staying away from potential inventions that could end game the town.

Also it seems weird to me that JJ pretty much single handidly have been deciding which inventions Nisani makes, (colour radiator, scatter shot, attempted Cursed Crown). Also what is the point of giving Maverick the portal gun, its completely random. He can't even use without night action.

It almost seems like your trying to make a game winning move, by saying you have to do this to prove your town. If you don't your not town. While if you were scum and it all went correctly it would almost insta-win the game for you. I still don't think your scum based on these actions alone, as your track record before was pretty good. Aside from Dirk was wonky but I made the same mistake of judging him.

As for my opinion on the invention Im not sure yet. I see your point of bodyarmour being risky in the sense if scum gets it. But it seems hard to make an invention that can't be abuse by scum getting it. IE fake claims n such. Since I don't trust anyone being town 100% its hard to really decide.


paragraph 1) Yes, I do think you're scum and that's the concept of the crown. The thought is that you, if you are scum (which you are), can't use night actions and die afterwards.

2) By the same logic an item goes to Mav which prevents actions. If he holds it and scum kills someone, he's not scum. If scum doesn't kill anyone (this might not apply due to foolishness sacrifice...) he is scum. It's that simple. What's not to understand? Or do you want me to give to who? So he can check whom's action?

3) It's not a game winning move. If this was bound to be a game winning move, I'd just go with the bulletproove vest and would got it. Why would I suggest otherwise. I do not sheep in mafia games. I know that a lot of people do this. I just thought the flavour didn't match the scum team this game (and not all falvour is irrevelant). If you look at the role, you can clearly see how it differs from other scums...

4) The only way to prevent an item to be abused right now, is to make it a negative effect. Which I suggested.

I do agree with foolishness on the next lynch. Mav get your shit together and vote Mementoss tomorrow. Nisani please do not invent anything which can be abused. Honestly a DT item might might be less abusable right now.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 03 2012 21:00 GMT
#2353
On April 04 2012 05:27 Nisani201 wrote:
I already gave an item to jk.

I might make a day vig item.


NOOOOO. no nonooooooonooo.
NOOOOOOOO.

This is like the worst idea ever. seriously.

Scum will 100% know where to find it. This idea is soooo anti town. It makes me believe that foolishness is right about you.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 03 2012 21:02 GMT
#2354
On April 04 2012 05:12 phagga wrote:
As for the item: How about an item that will reveal once the alignement of its owner at the beginning of the day? So if Nisani gives this item to Mementoss, we will know Mementoss alignement. Should Mementoss be killed, the killers alignment will be revealed. Like this, we would know if mementoss is on our side or not.

Also a bit powerfull, but perhaps the hosts allow it?

Or else just a single-use DT item, if possible with Vet-functionality (blocks 1 kp).


Do some of this. Phagga has reason again.
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 21:07 GMT
#2355
that item is not allowed. I am making a bp vest.
Enjoy your day.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 03 2012 21:20 GMT
#2356
what for? I mean, what do you plan to achieve with it considering who your options are for giving it to?
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Maverick32x
Profile Joined April 2011
United States311 Posts
April 03 2012 21:22 GMT
#2357
@JJ- you can 100% count on me. If you're scum, congrats.. if you're not... <3
Check out 'Gamer Therapy'!! 10CST: twitch.tv/Maverick32x
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 21:30 GMT
#2358
On April 04 2012 06:20 Jayjay54 wrote:
what for? I mean, what do you plan to achieve with it considering who your options are for giving it to?

I am giving it to either phagga or maverick.
Enjoy your day.
Nisani201
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1400 Posts
April 03 2012 21:43 GMT
#2359
Unless you have a better idea that isn't broken, the vest is being made.
Enjoy your day.
Jayjay54
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2296 Posts
April 03 2012 21:46 GMT
#2360
I personally think a DT type of item is less abusable....
Things are laid back in Unidenland. And may the road ahead be lid with dreams and tomorrows. Which are lid with dreams. Also.
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 136 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 483
Hyun 138
Dota 2
monkeys_forever429
League of Legends
Doublelift4285
Other Games
summit1g12686
JimRising 446
Livibee207
KnowMe184
ViBE132
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick886
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• Adnapsc2 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie963
• Scarra869
• Shiphtur598
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 19m
Patches Events
15h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 19m
OSC
23h 19m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.