• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:49
CEST 20:49
KST 03:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10513 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2364

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-03 13:30:34
October 03 2014 13:29 GMT
#47261
The games TL covers are getting older, so the influx of newcomers is much more tempered. The spammy ones got filtered over time.


On October 03 2014 13:51 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 13:38 LegalLord wrote:
On October 03 2014 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 11:18 LegalLord wrote:
Some people are funnier with their insults.


Speaking of which...

Protech's middle name is actually Aesop, which is fitting because Poops Teacher is an anagram for Aesop Protech.

+ Show Spoiler +
And his last name is Ball-man.

The real question is, how long did it take you to come up with that?


Seven minutes and a whiteboard full of jumbled letters.

Seems like you have a lot of experience doing this.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
October 03 2014 14:09 GMT
#47262
On October 03 2014 22:29 LegalLord wrote:
The games TL covers are getting older, so the influx of newcomers is much more tempered. The spammy ones got filtered over time.


Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 13:51 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 13:38 LegalLord wrote:
On October 03 2014 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 11:18 LegalLord wrote:
Some people are funnier with their insults.


Speaking of which...

Protech's middle name is actually Aesop, which is fitting because Poops Teacher is an anagram for Aesop Protech.

+ Show Spoiler +
And his last name is Ball-man.

The real question is, how long did it take you to come up with that?


Seven minutes and a whiteboard full of jumbled letters.

Seems like you have a lot of experience doing this.


I like Scrabble and general wordplay
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
October 03 2014 15:24 GMT
#47263
On October 03 2014 22:29 LegalLord wrote:
The games TL covers are getting older, so the influx of newcomers is much more tempered. The spammy ones got filtered over time.


Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 13:51 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 13:38 LegalLord wrote:
On October 03 2014 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 11:18 LegalLord wrote:
Some people are funnier with their insults.


Speaking of which...

Protech's middle name is actually Aesop, which is fitting because Poops Teacher is an anagram for Aesop Protech.

+ Show Spoiler +
And his last name is Ball-man.

The real question is, how long did it take you to come up with that?


Seven minutes and a whiteboard full of jumbled letters.

Seems like you have a lot of experience doing this.


TeamLiquid should open LiquidWoW. Oh the wonders of automated ban list... they would have to hire new mods.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Wuster
Profile Joined May 2011
1974 Posts
October 03 2014 17:56 GMT
#47264
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 03 2014 18:07 GMT
#47265
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
October 03 2014 21:00 GMT
#47266
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 03 2014 23:03 GMT
#47267
Jeez, the ad-bots were out in full force while I was eating. O.o
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
qotsager
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany585 Posts
October 03 2014 23:20 GMT
#47268
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


that's kind of sad. most of the fucked up stuff happens on TL.net tho, so i don't think we're missing out on much.
***Official ABL Winner 2013***
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-04 02:48:47
October 04 2014 02:48 GMT
#47269
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 04 2014 02:57 GMT
#47270
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 04 2014 03:30 GMT
#47271
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

What are you doing for your 15th birthday this year?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 04 2014 03:46 GMT
#47272
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<


Literally kollin.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 04 2014 03:51 GMT
#47273
On October 04 2014 12:30 Shellshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

What are you doing for your 15th birthday this year?

You mean my 18th birthday next year?
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
October 04 2014 04:38 GMT
#47274
On October 04 2014 12:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 12:30 Shellshock wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

What are you doing for your 15th birthday this year?

You mean my 18th birthday next year?


You young'uns.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 04 2014 17:46 GMT
#47275
On October 04 2014 12:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 12:30 Shellshock wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

What are you doing for your 15th birthday this year?

You mean my 18th birthday next year?

18? ya, you're pretty young lol. Guess he was then XD
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
October 04 2014 19:07 GMT
#47276
On October 04 2014 00:24 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:29 LegalLord wrote:
The games TL covers are getting older, so the influx of newcomers is much more tempered. The spammy ones got filtered over time.


On October 03 2014 13:51 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 13:38 LegalLord wrote:
On October 03 2014 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 11:18 LegalLord wrote:
Some people are funnier with their insults.


Speaking of which...

Protech's middle name is actually Aesop, which is fitting because Poops Teacher is an anagram for Aesop Protech.

+ Show Spoiler +
And his last name is Ball-man.

The real question is, how long did it take you to come up with that?


Seven minutes and a whiteboard full of jumbled letters.

Seems like you have a lot of experience doing this.


TeamLiquid should open LiquidWoW. Oh the wonders of automated ban list... they would have to hire new mods.

TLWoW would have been a great forum when Wrath of The Lich King was new. Death Knights were so unbalanced they got hit with multiple major nerfs. We coulda had 1000 pages of ABL within a month alone :D
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
October 04 2014 19:11 GMT
#47277
Quality over quantity
ThomasjServo
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
15244 Posts
October 04 2014 20:50 GMT
#47278
On October 04 2014 12:51 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 12:30 Shellshock wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:
As mentioned, there's likely less bans because Kadaver mods are always active 24/7 and most of the posters that are deemed bad by TL standards have already been banned so you only get quality posters left lol.

On October 04 2014 06:00 opisska wrote:
On October 04 2014 03:07 The_Templar wrote:
On October 04 2014 02:56 Wuster wrote:
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\


I'm pretty sure they're not posting every ban reason in there anymore either.

There was this tool trolling on LiquidHearth who I reported so of course I wanted to check if he got nailed. Sure enough a day or two later he has the lock icon, but there was nothing at all about it in the ban list.

Maybe the sister-sites don't get logged.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, those don't register on the ban list it seems.


So there were like a thousand pages of outcry about ruining the Blogs and the General Forum and the Community while nobody until now even noticed that the real tragedy is how the split ruined the ABL ...

A big part is probably that there is far less balance whine and caster/tourney bashing - in part because both the balance of the game and tourneys are now significantly better - and also not so many people on the forum really care about the game, honestly. And on top of that, many formerly juicy topics are now outright forbidden in General.

Also the userbase is slowly getting older (although apparently you can learn today that people you would consider "veterans" can't even legally drink alcohol yet, so that's likely personal bias).

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

What are you doing for your 15th birthday this year?

You mean my 18th birthday next year?

Remind me when You're 21, and I'll send you some scotch or something, hard to feel good about sending an 18 year old a cigar or something these days
Xoronius
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany6362 Posts
October 05 2014 00:43 GMT
#47279
On October 03 2014 22:18 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 21:58 HaruRH wrote:
Is it just me, or have the ban list slowed down a lot compared to previous years? I remembered being able to f5 and see the banlist refresh constantly during stuff like MLG Columbus 2012 and such. Also, the banlist moved probably 3 pages a day during those days.

I wonder how much the population of TL shrunk by.

It does seem that way; there are a lot of other things I'm noticing too.
-Lots of warnings are given out compared to bans, it seems.
-Posting quality has increased. (?)
-Lots of advertising is going on, it's like 70% of the bans :\

I'd guess, that it is probably the warning thing and also temp bans. If you look at the early pages of the automated ban list (back in 2005, when TL was probably smaller than it is now), there are tons of bans and rarely any of those is a temp ban. And now people like swag_bro can survive for multiple months. I wasn't around in 2005, but if I had to take an educated guess, he wouldn't have survived to the 20 post mark back then.
On October 04 2014 11:57 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 04 2014 11:48 BigFan wrote:

lol at the last line. I think a lot of the veterans were mid teens when they were first joined on TL so assuming 5-6 years likely means early 20s at least so I don't see where you get that 'can't drink alcohol yet' part. Of course, if you are talking strictly about being a veteran being on TL for 4 years around SCII's time then it's quite possible that 'most' of those veterans can't drink yet XD

I think he's talking about me >.<

Probably, I was also instantly thinking of you. If you ever happen to visit a DH, HSC or IEM in Europe, just say a word and the european part of the community will do smth about this.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51622 Posts
October 05 2014 03:03 GMT
#47280
On October 04 2014 00:24 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2014 22:29 LegalLord wrote:
The games TL covers are getting older, so the influx of newcomers is much more tempered. The spammy ones got filtered over time.


On October 03 2014 13:51 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 13:38 LegalLord wrote:
On October 03 2014 12:10 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On October 03 2014 11:18 LegalLord wrote:
Some people are funnier with their insults.


Speaking of which...

Protech's middle name is actually Aesop, which is fitting because Poops Teacher is an anagram for Aesop Protech.

+ Show Spoiler +
And his last name is Ball-man.

The real question is, how long did it take you to come up with that?


Seven minutes and a whiteboard full of jumbled letters.

Seems like you have a lot of experience doing this.


TeamLiquid should open LiquidWoW. Oh the wonders of automated ban list... they would have to hire new mods.


they'd have to pay them too.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Prev 1 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 675
ProTech134
UpATreeSC 127
JuggernautJason48
MindelVK 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31499
Calm 3011
Shuttle 814
firebathero 164
Mini 133
Dewaltoss 119
HiyA 35
Hyun 30
soO 27
NaDa 23
[ Show more ]
Bale 22
Aegong 20
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8013
XaKoH 303
Fuzer 151
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1600
fl0m1492
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu585
Other Games
FrodaN1376
Beastyqt790
ceh9589
B2W.Neo573
mouzStarbuck438
Livibee187
C9.Mang0127
ToD127
KnowMe98
RotterdaM91
Trikslyr80
Mew2King60
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur827
• imaqtpie826
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 27m
Replay Cast
4h 12m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.