• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9186 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 2215

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
February 27 2014 13:17 GMT
#44281
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 27 2014 13:23 GMT
#44282
There were only 5 bans, mods getting lenient

+ Show Spoiler +
half the stuff I reported was non-actioned
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
February 27 2014 13:35 GMT
#44283
On February 27 2014 06:49 dAPhREAk wrote:
nevermind, i clicked filter.

Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 04:25 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On February 25 2014 03:49 Zocat wrote:
Gamestar gave it 78/100 in their magazine.

Graphic 8/10
Sound 6/10
Balance 8/10
Atmosphere 8/10
Controls 9/10
Length/Amount of content 9/10
Level design 8/10
AI 8/10
Weapons & Extras 8/10
Plot 7/10

length: ~20 hours

Strengths: steampunk setting; lots to explore & steal; different solutions & possible routes; good, aggressive AI
Weaknesses: no old Thief; bad sound; plain world & characters; disappointing end


And wtf - who watches a 50min long review?


ur psot is tl;dr bro u c wat i did ther hue hue hue

But by all means, if you don't have the time to keep your opinions informed and relevant, remain ignorant and deal with the consequences.

User was warned for this post

Show nested quote +
On February 26 2014 04:21 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On February 26 2014 04:16 TigerKarl wrote:
On February 25 2014 05:20 TotalBiscuit wrote:
On February 25 2014 03:49 Zocat wrote:
And wtf - who watches a 50min long review?


I'm willing to bet, 200,000 people by the end of tomorrow.

He's talking about watching, not clicking on it. But these things seem to be exactly the same thing for your business model.


ooooooooooooooooooh sick burn so edgy xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

9001 gold medals for you


Seems reasonable but I feel like this TigerKarl guy should also be reprimanded.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
February 27 2014 14:14 GMT
#44284
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 27 2014 14:17 GMT
#44285
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
February 27 2014 14:27 GMT
#44286
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
February 27 2014 14:28 GMT
#44287
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

Nah the thread had a lot of whining that was just barely ok haha.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
February 27 2014 14:29 GMT
#44288
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-27 14:42:02
February 27 2014 14:41 GMT
#44289
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
February 27 2014 14:48 GMT
#44290
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-28 01:28:18
February 28 2014 01:27 GMT
#44291
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
February 28 2014 05:31 GMT
#44292
On February 27 2014 22:23 The_Templar wrote:
There were only 5 bans, mods getting lenient

+ Show Spoiler +
half the stuff I reported was non-actioned


I think I went 1 for 2 in that thread lol. That group was insanely fun to watch and I was even cheering against Bomber because I loved the crazy proxy everything. I really wish it was Proxy Tempests though!!
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
qotsager
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany585 Posts
February 28 2014 06:14 GMT
#44293
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being
***Official ABL Winner 2013***
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
February 28 2014 07:20 GMT
#44294
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
qotsager
Profile Joined March 2012
Germany585 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-28 10:44:39
February 28 2014 10:43 GMT
#44295
On February 28 2014 16:20 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 22:17 Destructicon wrote:
I thought this place would be kept busy after what happened in group D of WCS AM, I am sad to see how right I was. Having a fan favorite cheesed brings out the worst in people.


Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>


does not change my verdict. + Show Spoiler [shorter story] +
i do have kind of a clue. i don't watch much starcraft anymore, either, i just don't miss that certain state of the game. i do miss the days when rotti was working for esl and casting go4sc2 every week. my internet back then sucked so much i had to preload the vods when they had been released to then watch them in the evening. aaah. and now all my roomies play league and i do too cause i dont want to sit in my room alone and play sc2 :/
not to complain, i really like league by now, but i wish starcraft would still play as much of a role in my life as it did 2 years ago. but it's what showed me the world of esports, and i will never forget that ^^
LoTV will surely spike my interest once again. let's hope it's as awesome as it could possibly be.

***Official ABL Winner 2013***
AlternativeEgo
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden17309 Posts
February 28 2014 19:12 GMT
#44296
Saw that the nuked advertiser medium2600 posted in the EuroMaidan thread. Did he want to offer politicians or helicopters? Or perhaps exclusive real estate on the Crimea? (I bet it's nice there. It looks nice)
Mark Munoz looks like Gretorp
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 01 2014 00:08 GMT
#44297
On February 28 2014 19:43 qotsager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2014 16:20 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:14 FFW_Rude wrote:
[quote]

Yeah i checked the results on the LR and was surprised that no new posts in ABL.

There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>


does not change my verdict. + Show Spoiler [shorter story] +
i do have kind of a clue. i don't watch much starcraft anymore, either, i just don't miss that certain state of the game. i do miss the days when rotti was working for esl and casting go4sc2 every week. my internet back then sucked so much i had to preload the vods when they had been released to then watch them in the evening. aaah. and now all my roomies play league and i do too cause i dont want to sit in my room alone and play sc2 :/
not to complain, i really like league by now, but i wish starcraft would still play as much of a role in my life as it did 2 years ago. but it's what showed me the world of esports, and i will never forget that ^^
LoTV will surely spike my interest once again. let's hope it's as awesome as it could possibly be.


+ Show Spoiler +
hmm I dunno. The game was pretty new, lots of possible strategies and it was great in my eyes. Nowadays, most matchups are similar composition. Not to say that they can't be exciting or that the players macro or micro hasn't improved greatly but there's something about a new game that I doubt I'll see again with Starcraft II. Maybe when SCIII comes out, I'll feel it again. I'll keep playing BW in the meantime and hope that Jaedong gets out of his current form ><;
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
March 01 2014 02:35 GMT
#44298
On March 01 2014 09:08 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2014 19:43 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 16:20 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:17 Darkhorse wrote:
[quote]
There were only 5 bans and one was requested. They were all just standard balance whine except the guy who PM'd KBB or something which was weird.


Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>


does not change my verdict. + Show Spoiler [shorter story] +
i do have kind of a clue. i don't watch much starcraft anymore, either, i just don't miss that certain state of the game. i do miss the days when rotti was working for esl and casting go4sc2 every week. my internet back then sucked so much i had to preload the vods when they had been released to then watch them in the evening. aaah. and now all my roomies play league and i do too cause i dont want to sit in my room alone and play sc2 :/
not to complain, i really like league by now, but i wish starcraft would still play as much of a role in my life as it did 2 years ago. but it's what showed me the world of esports, and i will never forget that ^^
LoTV will surely spike my interest once again. let's hope it's as awesome as it could possibly be.


+ Show Spoiler +
hmm I dunno. The game was pretty new, lots of possible strategies and it was great in my eyes. Nowadays, most matchups are similar composition. Not to say that they can't be exciting or that the players macro or micro hasn't improved greatly but there's something about a new game that I doubt I'll see again with Starcraft II. Maybe when SCIII comes out, I'll feel it again. I'll keep playing BW in the meantime and hope that Jaedong gets out of his current form ><;

+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah it isn't the "Letting Off Steam" thread, but what I am about to talk about is kinda relevant to be here (Since we see the results of it so much discussed here). I also miss the old days. One of the things I miss the most is the old community from around early-mid 2011. Back when there was a lot more positivity within the community (yeah there were negative people but not like today). I still play a ton of SC2, but even in game I am noticing so many people are incredibly negative and take any opportunity to balance whine.

Balance discussion used to be, at least most of the time, reserved for the dedicated thread, but now people have started completely disregarding that rule and trying to start trouble anywhere. It's making it more and more difficult to have proper discussions in some parts of the forum now because there is always someone starting a whining contest in any thread, and instead of ignoring it like we should, people respond to it and keep letting it drag out. It's like parts of TL are turning into the same 10-15 people arguing over and over again. I saw a couple of the worst get permabanned but there are a few that always post borderline stuff, and they are the worst. You can't report them because they aren't explicitly breaking rules, but at the same time it is kinda obvious what their intentions are. Though given the mod notes system I've seen mentioned, I imagine a few of these people already have mods keeping an eye on them. I imagine it must be a lot of work to be a mod/hammer-bearer right now.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-01 04:30:21
March 01 2014 04:29 GMT
#44299
No good bans today it seems aside from the one previously mentioned 3 posts back lol

On March 01 2014 11:35 Ben... wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2014 09:08 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 19:43 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 16:20 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:27 FFW_Rude wrote:
[quote]

Well maybe balance whine is finally eradicated ?

World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>


does not change my verdict. + Show Spoiler [shorter story] +
i do have kind of a clue. i don't watch much starcraft anymore, either, i just don't miss that certain state of the game. i do miss the days when rotti was working for esl and casting go4sc2 every week. my internet back then sucked so much i had to preload the vods when they had been released to then watch them in the evening. aaah. and now all my roomies play league and i do too cause i dont want to sit in my room alone and play sc2 :/
not to complain, i really like league by now, but i wish starcraft would still play as much of a role in my life as it did 2 years ago. but it's what showed me the world of esports, and i will never forget that ^^
LoTV will surely spike my interest once again. let's hope it's as awesome as it could possibly be.


+ Show Spoiler +
hmm I dunno. The game was pretty new, lots of possible strategies and it was great in my eyes. Nowadays, most matchups are similar composition. Not to say that they can't be exciting or that the players macro or micro hasn't improved greatly but there's something about a new game that I doubt I'll see again with Starcraft II. Maybe when SCIII comes out, I'll feel it again. I'll keep playing BW in the meantime and hope that Jaedong gets out of his current form ><;

+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah it isn't the "Letting Off Steam" thread, but what I am about to talk about is kinda relevant to be here (Since we see the results of it so much discussed here). I also miss the old days. One of the things I miss the most is the old community from around early-mid 2011. Back when there was a lot more positivity within the community (yeah there were negative people but not like today). I still play a ton of SC2, but even in game I am noticing so many people are incredibly negative and take any opportunity to balance whine.

Balance discussion used to be, at least most of the time, reserved for the dedicated thread, but now people have started completely disregarding that rule and trying to start trouble anywhere. It's making it more and more difficult to have proper discussions in some parts of the forum now because there is always someone starting a whining contest in any thread, and instead of ignoring it like we should, people respond to it and keep letting it drag out. It's like parts of TL are turning into the same 10-15 people arguing over and over again. I saw a couple of the worst get permabanned but there are a few that always post borderline stuff, and they are the worst. You can't report them because they aren't explicitly breaking rules, but at the same time it is kinda obvious what their intentions are. Though given the mod notes system I've seen mentioned, I imagine a few of these people already have mods keeping an eye on them. I imagine it must be a lot of work to be a mod/hammer-bearer right now.

+ Show Spoiler +
ya, true. There's a lot more balance whining and it drags on. I mean, there's a sad marine club now XD The sad zealot club has been there from the beginning and it's understandable to some degree, not the same for the marine club imo. I dunno what to tell you tbh. I know what you're saying. It's just that I don't read the SCII forums as much anymore and for me, the golden time for SCII was the first 1-2 years of its release(maybe a bit of 3rd year since I did watch start of HoTS off and on). Nowadays, I just scan the threads to see if there are interviews or maybe something that's interesting then move onto the BW section and other sections.

I guess that explains why my posting has declined dramatically(and real life lol). You should give BW a try if you haven't. I haven't seen a single balance complaint in any game so far since there's no point in complaining and most people who play realize this. Worst case is when I was called a noob once because I turtled in a TvZ to work on macro and my opponent just OL dropped lurkers into my main then he quit and gave me the points rofl! It's a fun game and you feel like you earn the wins
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-01 04:56:54
March 01 2014 04:56 GMT
#44300
On March 01 2014 13:29 BigFan wrote:
No good bans today it seems aside from the one previously mentioned 3 posts back lol

Show nested quote +
On March 01 2014 11:35 Ben... wrote:
On March 01 2014 09:08 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 19:43 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 16:20 BigFan wrote:
On February 28 2014 15:14 qotsager wrote:
On February 28 2014 10:27 BigFan wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:48 corumjhaelen wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:41 FFW_Rude wrote:
On February 27 2014 23:29 corumjhaelen wrote:
[quote]
World hunger will end before that happens I'm afraid.


And World hunger is imbalanced

Indeed. I also think death is playing protoss, or whatever race is the imba one atm in sc2 :p

it's a cycle:
started as Terran > Zerg > Protoss so obviously next up is Terran after they get buffed in the next patch The days of range 3 roaches against 6 stalkers and Blistering Sands, Steppes of War and Xelnaga Cavern. How I miss them :/


you sick human being

I'm only telling it like it is! :O
+ Show Spoiler [story] +
You have no clue how much I miss those days when I was really passionate about SCII. When it first got released, I was playing The Witcher but put it on hold for SCII and was really into the game. Lots of theorycrafting, watching GSL games and commenting on them (usually vods and just reading about games due to time), obs games with OCN players, watching streams in class (my friends knew about my love for the game) and such. The graphics were also new, looked good (and shiny? lol) and there was something that hooked me on it that I would play for hours every day if I have the time (other obligations first).

I remember getting spoilered that Fruitdealer died to pure marines from some new player, Boxer at the time and that was sad lol. Having put enough time into the game (since release), the matchups started feeling really stale to the point where every game felt the same and I couldn't overcome the plat barrier (almost diamond as terran) so I kinda quit lol. I still watched GSL when I could (timing is bad), browsed TL and tried getting back into it in HoTS but my passion wasn't there anymore. Doubt I'll get that passion again but at least I can reminiscent about it like I just did XD

BW 1v1 has been a nice breath of fresh air though. I've been playing for a little less than 2 years now at my own pace and when I have time since I only played Hunters and FPM off and on from 2000-2005 or so. Less than 400 games later (mostly TvZ) and I still have so much to improve. I haven't even tried one base strats(I want valks!!) because I'm pretty sure I'll autolose if I don't 1 rax FE in any matchup. Either way, maybe my passion for SCII will return by LoTV but at least I can still cheer for Jaedong lol. Should've made this a blog instead but way too short for one >.>


does not change my verdict. + Show Spoiler [shorter story] +
i do have kind of a clue. i don't watch much starcraft anymore, either, i just don't miss that certain state of the game. i do miss the days when rotti was working for esl and casting go4sc2 every week. my internet back then sucked so much i had to preload the vods when they had been released to then watch them in the evening. aaah. and now all my roomies play league and i do too cause i dont want to sit in my room alone and play sc2 :/
not to complain, i really like league by now, but i wish starcraft would still play as much of a role in my life as it did 2 years ago. but it's what showed me the world of esports, and i will never forget that ^^
LoTV will surely spike my interest once again. let's hope it's as awesome as it could possibly be.


+ Show Spoiler +
hmm I dunno. The game was pretty new, lots of possible strategies and it was great in my eyes. Nowadays, most matchups are similar composition. Not to say that they can't be exciting or that the players macro or micro hasn't improved greatly but there's something about a new game that I doubt I'll see again with Starcraft II. Maybe when SCIII comes out, I'll feel it again. I'll keep playing BW in the meantime and hope that Jaedong gets out of his current form ><;

+ Show Spoiler +
Yeah it isn't the "Letting Off Steam" thread, but what I am about to talk about is kinda relevant to be here (Since we see the results of it so much discussed here). I also miss the old days. One of the things I miss the most is the old community from around early-mid 2011. Back when there was a lot more positivity within the community (yeah there were negative people but not like today). I still play a ton of SC2, but even in game I am noticing so many people are incredibly negative and take any opportunity to balance whine.

Balance discussion used to be, at least most of the time, reserved for the dedicated thread, but now people have started completely disregarding that rule and trying to start trouble anywhere. It's making it more and more difficult to have proper discussions in some parts of the forum now because there is always someone starting a whining contest in any thread, and instead of ignoring it like we should, people respond to it and keep letting it drag out. It's like parts of TL are turning into the same 10-15 people arguing over and over again. I saw a couple of the worst get permabanned but there are a few that always post borderline stuff, and they are the worst. You can't report them because they aren't explicitly breaking rules, but at the same time it is kinda obvious what their intentions are. Though given the mod notes system I've seen mentioned, I imagine a few of these people already have mods keeping an eye on them. I imagine it must be a lot of work to be a mod/hammer-bearer right now.

+ Show Spoiler +
ya, true. There's a lot more balance whining and it drags on. I mean, there's a sad marine club now XD The sad zealot club has been there from the beginning and it's understandable to some degree, not the same for the marine club imo. I dunno what to tell you tbh. I know what you're saying. It's just that I don't read the SCII forums as much anymore and for me, the golden time for SCII was the first 1-2 years of its release(maybe a bit of 3rd year since I did watch start of HoTS off and on). Nowadays, I just scan the threads to see if there are interviews or maybe something that's interesting then move onto the BW section and other sections.

I guess that explains why my posting has declined dramatically(and real life lol). You should give BW a try if you haven't. I haven't seen a single balance complaint in any game so far since there's no point in complaining and most people who play realize this. Worst case is when I was called a noob once because I turtled in a TvZ to work on macro and my opponent just OL dropped lurkers into my main then he quit and gave me the points rofl! It's a fun game and you feel like you earn the wins


+ Show Spoiler +
Well that goes back to Jinro's whole thing about how Z was seen was way better than P in 2006, and with Bisu build, etc. it became more evenly matched. I guess after LotV when Blizzard finally lays off the patching for a while, SC2 will find some sort of tenuous balance.

One could argue that in the waning days of BW Protoss was underpowered. Stork and Bisu weren't really at the caliber of JD and Flash, and although balance was great with all things considered, T/Z still performed better at the pro level. But it's been a long time and I could just be talking out of my ass with these semi-statistics.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Prev 1 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 657
JuggernautJason54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16992
Rush 123
Dewaltoss 112
Sexy 29
Bale 11
Dota 2
qojqva2106
monkeys_forever220
Counter-Strike
fl0m1433
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1928
crisheroes1163
Liquid`Hasu853
Other Games
summit1g4358
Grubby3604
FrodaN713
Beastyqt650
shahzam405
byalli244
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0163
KnowMe161
UpATreeSC112
Mew2King72
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream113
StarCraft 2
angryscii 24
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 27
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie893
• WagamamaTV270
• Shiphtur250
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 24m
Stellar Fest
17h 24m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.