• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7989 users

Introducing LiquidDota - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Community
575 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
HawaiianPig
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada5155 Posts
May 12 2014 22:57 GMT
#521
On May 13 2014 07:52 soon.Cloak wrote:
I'm just curious, FireBolt/Zealously/Naz/Other Reds/Blues, if you expected this reaction. I mean, is it possible that you thought this was a good idea and would go over well, but are reconsidering some aspects of the idea (not connecting the General Forum, getting rid of the Dota streams, others) in light of the backlash?


I wasn't closely involved with any of this, but I'll tell you that almost every change this site has seen gets this much "backlash" -- the powers-that-be will no doubt consider the legitimate concerns, but I'm also sure that they'll give it a chance to grow into its own before making any major changes.

I think that's a good approach for everyone. If you can chill, chill. There are a lot of positives for Dota having its own site; chief among them is growth -- which I think we all want for the Dota community.
AdministratorNot actually Hawaiian.
Fumanchu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Canada669 Posts
May 12 2014 23:34 GMT
#522
This whomps.
Easy doesnt fit into grownup life.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
May 12 2014 23:35 GMT
#523
Grats to dota fans! Cool layout of the site too, nice job TL!
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
[Erasmus]
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia286 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-13 00:25:56
May 13 2014 00:23 GMT
#524
I just wish there were still tournament threads and streams listed on this site. Sucks that I still get LoL and stuff here, but not other games I'm actually interested in on one site. For ages now I've just been able to load TL to see if any SC2/Dota streams are worth watching, and apparently that's now over

The aim was apparently to get this site back to being dedicated to SC, which is fine, but I object to LoL content being here still and not Dota given that aim I have no problem with LoL per se, I'm just not interested in it but I am in dota, so it's doubly annoying...
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
May 13 2014 00:44 GMT
#525
lol will soon be moved to 'other games'
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Saechiis
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands4989 Posts
May 13 2014 01:03 GMT
#526
LiquidOtherGames.net confirmed!
I think esports is pretty nice.
Ydriel
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Italy516 Posts
May 13 2014 01:26 GMT
#527
Dunno, kinda liked having TL as my go-to site for all my E-SPORTS. Then again, it makes sense to have separate sites, with the flood of Dota tournies and all.
<3 SC2 <3<3 Dota 2. Steam ID: HellS
ImHuko
Profile Joined December 2010
United States996 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-13 01:32:07
May 13 2014 01:30 GMT
#528
I appreciate the effort of change, but sadly I have been trained to go to Teamliquid for about 7 years now for everything I want to know, specially DOTA, since it has been around since the beginning... and now I am forced to look at 2 different websites for things. Ad revenue aside from pushing people to 2 sites, this will just make me watch less DOTA2 and Less SC2, because I can't find it all on one site

I have literally watched absolutely no Hearthstone tournaments or anything other than Trump/Kripp since Hearthstone change, and I see nothing changing with me and DOTA2 and SC2
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-13 02:00:39
May 13 2014 01:56 GMT
#529
On May 13 2014 10:26 Ydriel wrote:
Dunno, kinda liked having TL as my go-to site for all my E-SPORTS. Then again, it makes sense to have separate sites, with the flood of Dota tournies and all.


agreed. i like liquiddota, and it should be a site only for dota, however i do not agree with teamliquid.net separating dota from it. i like typing 'tea' into my firefox browser, and teamliquid opening up, and hitting up a dota stream and getting dota news right from there. i don't think the idea of 2 separate sites is more efficient.

edit: furthermore, i believe a change of this magnitude should have warranted a community poll ahead of time. because if we're honest, the dota community is magnitudes larger than the sc2 community right now, so only makes sense to incorporate both since "Team Liquid" is an sc2 and dota team. (i know this is a sc first-and-foremost site, so don't bother reiterating that). just my $0.02 on how change should be assessed.
C r u m b l i n g
gulati
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2241 Posts
May 13 2014 02:01 GMT
#530
On May 13 2014 10:30 ImHuko wrote:
I appreciate the effort of change, but sadly I have been trained to go to Teamliquid for about 7 years now for everything I want to know, specially DOTA, since it has been around since the beginning... and now I am forced to look at 2 different websites for things. Ad revenue aside from pushing people to 2 sites, this will just make me watch less DOTA2 and Less SC2, because I can't find it all on one site

I have literally watched absolutely no Hearthstone tournaments or anything other than Trump/Kripp since Hearthstone change, and I see nothing changing with me and DOTA2 and SC2


and yes, this is my exact same scenario teamliquid is my go-to for eSSPORTS. not an eSPORT.
C r u m b l i n g
elmerpogs
Profile Joined August 2011
Philippines441 Posts
May 13 2014 02:11 GMT
#531
Cool site.Maybe it's time for main TL site to have a makeover.
SKT [img]http://i.imgur.com/1NuGXvx.png[/img] is still the best [img]http://i.imgur.com/MsxcOXX.png[/img]
pb.fcnz
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Canada101 Posts
May 13 2014 02:12 GMT
#532
absolutely hate this, on the other hand, this is a great opportunity for a new site to come up and fill in the gap that just appeared (esports event/stream aggregator w/ community forums)

not the death of TL, but will certainly hurt it
ZwuckeL
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany563 Posts
May 13 2014 02:48 GMT
#533
Good move, I've had all DOTA Content on this website disabled anyway
Paragleiber
Profile Joined June 2009
413 Posts
May 13 2014 03:05 GMT
#534
I am very happy about this move. I am only here for Starcraft and not interested in Dota at all and while there may be some people who are interested in both games it should certainly be a minority. It always seemed pretty arbitrary anyway that Starcraft and Dota in particular were put together. They are not even both from Blizzard or anything like that. With Starcraft and Hearthstone it would have made at least a little bit more sense but I am also very happy that that is not the case. I personally follow both Starcraft and Hearthstone but I am very glad that I can visit two different Liquid sites for it and not have the content mixed together on one site because Liquid offers so much content for each of them. If I was following both Starcraft and Dota I would also prefer a separate site for Dota, so I think those people should actually be the most happy about this change. If you only followed one game you could always just use the filter of course but if you wanted to follow both you could only get one news page with both stuff mixed together. I also don't understand people saying that they saw TL as a general esports news site. In that case it would have been pretty biased, making Dota seem so much more important than LoL. I remember when they opened the Dota section they said it was because a lot of staff people liked both Starcraft and Dota but I always thought that was a silly reason to put these two together.
http://www.twitter.com/Paragleiber
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
May 13 2014 03:55 GMT
#535
So I messaged the emulator who mentioned earlier he would expand on the decision for no hide spoilers option, while I wait for a response could any other TL staff explain this? I understand I sound like a baby but this would make liquid dota something I would rarely use. Hide spoilers was the best feature ever and without it I'll have little to no use for either site.
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
May 13 2014 04:09 GMT
#536
Why does the Dota 2 sidebar button not redirect to liquiddota.com?
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
May 13 2014 06:14 GMT
#537
Since everyone is complaining im just gonna chime in with my "I prefer it now" comment
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
May 13 2014 06:19 GMT
#538
On May 13 2014 10:56 gulati wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2014 10:26 Ydriel wrote:
Dunno, kinda liked having TL as my go-to site for all my E-SPORTS. Then again, it makes sense to have separate sites, with the flood of Dota tournies and all.


agreed. i like liquiddota, and it should be a site only for dota, however i do not agree with teamliquid.net separating dota from it. i like typing 'tea' into my firefox browser, and teamliquid opening up, and hitting up a dota stream and getting dota news right from there. i don't think the idea of 2 separate sites is more efficient.



Because if they don't separate them, no one would be forced to go to liquiddota and it would obviously just die.

They're giving it a chance which is normal, I just hope if it doesn't pick up they either go back to how it was, or find a way to make the sites a bit more connected (which is the main gripe I currently have)
LastDance
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
New Zealand510 Posts
May 13 2014 06:57 GMT
#539
Thank god. I might actually start visiting TL again. The mix of Dota 2 content with the Starcraft content really, really put me off this site. It made me feel like you guys didn't care about StarCraft anymore. These days I've been going to reddit for my starcraft fix.

I'm disappointed it took this long to make this move.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-13 07:32:40
May 13 2014 07:29 GMT
#540
I love it. I miss my community tab and games general there though :/

Would it be possible to show the general tabs on liquid dota too? Stuff like "other games", "media and entertainment etc"

Maybe optional?

It's a bit weird that I have to come to the starcraft site for that when I only play and watch dota
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM627
TKL 206
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 627
ByuN 223
TKL 206
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28973
Calm 3285
Shuttle 1492
Horang2 499
Mini 431
Soulkey 222
Rush 179
firebathero 124
Mind 75
Zeus 69
[ Show more ]
hero 51
Shine 43
Hyun 38
Free 34
sorry 25
Terrorterran 24
ToSsGirL 23
PianO 22
Trap 20
Aegong 18
Killer 18
JYJ 16
Sexy 16
Rock 15
Bale 15
scan(afreeca) 15
HiyA 13
Sacsri 9
Hm[arnc] 8
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6776
Dendi1449
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
fl0m3900
Fnx 552
x6flipin455
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
ChuDatz34
Other Games
singsing1942
Liquid`RaSZi1450
ceh9516
Beastyqt511
Khaldor315
crisheroes257
C9.Mang0251
dupreeh225
Livibee220
420jenkins210
IndyStarCraft 130
QueenE99
Trikslyr96
Dewaltoss73
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH284
• Hinosc 13
• Reevou 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3339
• WagamamaTV537
League of Legends
• Nemesis2878
• TFBlade505
Other Games
• Shiphtur891
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 10m
INu's Battles
18h 10m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 10m
OSC
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.