• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:13
CEST 16:13
KST 23:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War125.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9180 users

Ask TL Staff Anything - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 322 Next
number1gog
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States1081 Posts
November 04 2010 14:49 GMT
#361
On November 04 2010 22:30 zatic wrote:
Personally most proud of uploading 5000+ BW VODs to http://youtube.com/nevake from 2008-2010.


As someone who watched the vast majority of those VODs, thank you. Proleague wouldn't exist in my world without you.
5sz6sz7sz1a2a3a4a kwanrollllllled
TymerA
Profile Joined July 2010
Netherlands759 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 15:06:28
November 04 2010 15:00 GMT
#362
ok, serious question..

Who came up with the TL pony?
nice.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 15:02:58
November 04 2010 15:01 GMT
#363
On November 04 2010 21:27 s.a.y wrote:
Great thread.

This question goes to all of the mods.

What event/site upgrade/detail about teamliquid are you most proud about?

What personal contribution to the site are you the most proud off?

What is the furthest you have gone from home to a StarCraft event (or liquid meeting)? From where to where and how many km is that?

I'm only an ex-writer but I still feel like I can answer this question!

For Teamliquid, there's frankly not a larger feat than the combo of TLPD and nevake over the course of the last few years. Every time a game has been played, that game has been entered into TLPD, and for every time that game was televised, a VOD was uploaded onto nevake. That takes consistency, which is something a lot of other sites don't have!

Other sites can run tournaments on or near the scale of TSL nowadays. It's easier than it used to be, thanks to sites like uStream (although TL still provided its own stream for TSL 2). But the consistency of some of the features here at TL is something that isn't matched anywhere else in the Starcraft community. I won't give examples of individuals at the site who show this kind of consistency, since I'll probably leave someone out and they'll be sad.

I personally am most proud of writing R&S threads for so long (ever since after Club Day MSL) and for writing 9700 words for an OSL article once.

I have never been to a SC event because I am in Indiana.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
November 04 2010 15:03 GMT
#364
On November 04 2010 18:12 SmoKim wrote:
can we exspect Chill to do some casting/shows or something in the near future, i miss the guy T_T
I'll be casting the TLOpen on the 13th.

On November 04 2010 18:20 shannn wrote:
Have you ever felt or wanted to say to these types of people : "You're so wrong noob. Let's play a game to prove it." (Chill vs Combat-Ex a like)?
The expression is "a la ____", not "____ a like".

- I can't find it but it was basically someone saying he is B- when people played him straight up, and D+ when people cheesed him. Feeling this claim was ridiculous, I challenged him to a BO7, where I cheesed him every game. Proved nothing but was fun.

- Zerg~Legend was posting about an overpool speed build being too powerful (before it was famous). I challenged him (offrace PvZ) and got fucking rocked.

That's it. Combat-Ex was nothing about proving his one strategy wrong; it was a grudge match in the purest sense of the word. I actually fucking hated Combat-Ex at the time we were playing.

On November 04 2010 18:20 lopper wrote:
Why doesn't Chill stream anymore?
It's simple. I got tired of losing, tabbing to my chat, and seeing people talk shit to me over and over. I don't need it.

On November 04 2010 21:27 s.a.y wrote:
What event/site upgrade/detail about teamliquid are you most proud about?
TSL

What personal contribution to the site are you the most proud off?
Casting TSL

What is the furthest you have gone from home to a StarCraft event (or liquid meeting)? From where to where and how many km is that?
Well, this one is hard. I've gone from Calgary to Seoul/Suwon, but it wasn't JUST for a StarCraft event, I was already in Korea on vacation. Similarly I've done Calgary to Toronto for LANs, but I already happened to be going home to see my parents.

The farthest I've gone, just for StarCraft, is Calgary -> Edmonton. It's a three hour drive and about 270km. I've done Calgary -> Vancouver, which is an 11 hour drive, but that was 50% for Starcraft, 50% because my housemate asked me to leave her house for the weekend when I was spending my first week in Calgary (ie. didn't know too many people).
Moderator
shannn
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2891 Posts
November 04 2010 15:10 GMT
#365
On November 05 2010 00:03 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 18:12 SmoKim wrote:
can we exspect Chill to do some casting/shows or something in the near future, i miss the guy T_T
I'll be casting the TLOpen on the 13th.

Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 18:20 shannn wrote:
Have you ever felt or wanted to say to these types of people : "You're so wrong noob. Let's play a game to prove it." (Chill vs Combat-Ex a like)?
The expression is "a la ____", not "____ a like".

- I can't find it but it was basically someone saying he is B- when people played him straight up, and D+ when people cheesed him. Feeling this claim was ridiculous, I challenged him to a BO7, where I cheesed him every game. Proved nothing but was fun.

- Zerg~Legend was posting about an overpool speed build being too powerful (before it was famous). I challenged him (offrace PvZ) and got fucking rocked.

That's it. Combat-Ex was nothing about proving his one strategy wrong; it was a grudge match in the purest sense of the word. I actually fucking hated Combat-Ex at the time we were playing.

Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 18:20 lopper wrote:
Why doesn't Chill stream anymore?
It's simple. I got tired of losing, tabbing to my chat, and seeing people talk shit to me over and over. I don't need it.

Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 21:27 s.a.y wrote:
What event/site upgrade/detail about teamliquid are you most proud about?
TSL

Show nested quote +
What personal contribution to the site are you the most proud off?
Casting TSL

Show nested quote +
What is the furthest you have gone from home to a StarCraft event (or liquid meeting)? From where to where and how many km is that?
Well, this one is hard. I've gone from Calgary to Seoul/Suwon, but it wasn't JUST for a StarCraft event, I was already in Korea on vacation. Similarly I've done Calgary to Toronto for LANs, but I already happened to be going home to see my parents.

The farthest I've gone, just for StarCraft, is Calgary -> Edmonton. It's a three hour drive and about 270km. I've done Calgary -> Vancouver, which is an 11 hour drive, but that was 50% for Starcraft, 50% because my housemate asked me to leave her house for the weekend when I was spending my first week in Calgary (ie. didn't know too many people).

Well now I've learned something new from you Chill a la hmm
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=6321864 Epic post.
-Erik-
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
115 Posts
November 04 2010 15:22 GMT
#366
Who is the biggest mass ladderer among the admins? Is there anyone on the list who plays religiously as much as they can? How many games have they played :o?
meeple
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada10211 Posts
November 04 2010 15:24 GMT
#367
What does TL look like through the eyes of an admin?
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
November 04 2010 17:22 GMT
#368
On November 05 2010 00:22 Oslo wrote:
Who is the biggest mass ladderer among the admins? Is there anyone on the list who plays religiously as much as they can? How many games have they played :o?

I would think that Nazgul or Jinro play the most games. That's why they went to Korea.
Force staff is the best item in the game.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
November 04 2010 18:40 GMT
#369
I doubt its Nazgul, he's the team leader but he sorta didn't play as much after that TLI back in early beta (where he got like 3rd place to TLO). I heard he's practicing up now for MLG but of everyone I'm sure Jinro or TLO or Ret play the most recently.
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
November 04 2010 19:14 GMT
#370
question, how is TL being funded...is it just via advertisements, or donations...or what

(as well as how is the TL team being funded too I guess...)...
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
November 04 2010 19:28 GMT
#371
Oh shit, I've got a very impt question. Can I post pics of puerto rican in sunglasses again without getting banned?
Auhsoj
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States109 Posts
November 04 2010 19:54 GMT
#372
On November 05 2010 00:03 Chill wrote:

- I can't find it but it was basically someone saying he is B- when people played him straight up, and D+ when people cheesed him. Feeling this claim was ridiculous, I challenged him to a BO7, where I cheesed him every game. Proved nothing but was fun.



This was against me. I reached C+ that season with the id DvS)RecOrd. :-) cheesed me 4 times after agreeing that you would play 2 straight up and 2 cheeses.
If first you don't succeed, DT
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
November 04 2010 20:02 GMT
#373
On November 04 2010 21:27 s.a.y wrote:
Great thread.

This question goes to all of the mods.

What event/site upgrade/detail about teamliquid are you most proud about?

What personal contribution to the site are you the most proud off?

What is the furthest you have gone from home to a StarCraft event (or liquid meeting)? From where to where and how many km is that?


I'm really proud of the TeamLiquid Starleagues, and how big this site has gotten without losing its soul.

As for my contribution, I guess suggesting the warning system, blogs, and getting some staff members on board. But most important, the IRC channel is my baby.

As for SC, I'm not that much of a travel-meet-everyone-nerd. I have seen some people in 2004 or something, but that is basically it.
Moderator
drag_
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
England425 Posts
November 04 2010 20:14 GMT
#374
I got a few:
Who is Baller?!
Has TL ever come close to shutting down?
Heyoka
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Katowice25012 Posts
November 04 2010 20:21 GMT
#375
On November 04 2010 22:52 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2010 22:44 Aurdon wrote:
On November 04 2010 19:33 Pholon wrote:
On November 04 2010 18:20 shannn wrote:
To all TL admins/mods

Since the beta/release of starcraft 2 there are a lot of new users that has joined TL (including myself).
Most of them always post something in strategy or comment on a strategy that might not necessarily be true or they talk like they were pros.
Have you ever felt or wanted to say to these types of people : "You're so wrong noob. Let's play a game to prove it." (Chill vs Combat-Ex a like)?


I do this often and people dodge.



Can you implement a new ban criteria for getting banned if you dodge a Strategy Forum challenge?


that would be glorious <3


One of my dreams is to implement a good grudge system. Unfortunately everything I can think of or have seen wouldn't work on TL because our community is too big.
@RealHeyoka | ESL / DreamHack StarCraft Lead
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
November 04 2010 20:44 GMT
#376
so now that TeamLiquidStarleague was mentioned

WHEN WILL TSL3 come :D? tbh fuck blizzcon, GSL, MLG, IEM and all that crap, what i really miss are TSL, starcraft Brood War didn't get any better then that <3
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
boesthius
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States11637 Posts
November 04 2010 20:44 GMT
#377
--- Nuked ---
Trozz
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3456 Posts
November 04 2010 21:00 GMT
#378
My nostalgia asks:
Does Mani still commentate?
I miss his thunder.

Here's one for many:
What tilts staff members the most?
Spam? Hate? Lag? TDot?
A build is not a guess, an estimation or a hunch, a feeling, or a foolish intuition. A build is a dependable, unwavering, unarguably accurate, portrayer of your ambition.
Randomaccount#77123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-04 21:21:42
November 04 2010 21:19 GMT
#379
--- Nuked ---
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
November 04 2010 21:25 GMT
#380
Maybe not the right place to ask, but what happened to the SC2 wiki, there is no info left on things that were in alpha and got cut like soul hunter, merc compound etc, was it removed or do I just suck horribly at searching?
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 322 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 363
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37539
Calm 5853
Bisu 2463
Rain 1617
Jaedong 1021
Horang2 690
BeSt 561
FanTaSy 499
Soma 423
Rush 386
[ Show more ]
Larva 318
Light 289
Stork 275
Snow 191
ZerO 180
Zeus 178
Mind 146
910 106
Barracks 100
Free 98
Killer 95
Sea.KH 58
Mong 51
Shinee 48
Hyun 46
ToSsGirL 41
sorry 36
Pusan 26
Aegong 24
Hm[arnc] 16
Rock 14
Terrorterran 14
Sexy 13
Sacsri 11
Noble 10
Trap 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6576
XaKoH 416
Counter-Strike
fl0m2846
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes275
Other Games
gofns34629
singsing2296
B2W.Neo1029
olofmeister830
hiko402
Lowko339
Mlord302
Hui .177
Livibee155
DeMusliM154
djWHEAT104
RotterdaM101
Mew2King67
QueenE54
Trikslyr51
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3712
• Jankos2440
• TFBlade594
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 47m
Big Brain Bouts
19h 47m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.