• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8250 users

Going to MLG DC? Yes?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-12 21:21:41
September 15 2010 00:06 GMT
#1
[image loading]

MLG passes for today sold out in less than a minute. That is five times as fast as it was for Raleigh. Chances are you are one of those unlucky motherfuckers who was not fast enough to get a player pass like me QQ, but atleast you can do something much more fun than playing in a +$10K Starcraft 2 tournament. SPECTATING YEY! No?

Alright so I guess I'm opening this thread because I plan on going but I would like to know who else will be going. It think it would also be good for others as well so we can help each other out if you are willing for example provide housing or share a hotel room and split the cost. We could also do one of those meetups everyone always talk about and make fun of a couple of halo kids (j/k btw. Halo > SC). If you live around the area or know it well, you could be the official TL community tour guide.

On October 12 2010 05:04 djWHEAT wrote:
I'll be there ^_^ looking forward to meeting some TL folk that I haven't yet!

The Washington DC Player List is now available!
+ Show Spoiler +
  • LiquidHuK
  • Kiwikaki
  • ajtls
  • CauthonLuck
  • dignitas.SeleCT
  • TTOne
  • qxc
  • Nadagast
  • SLush
  • drewbie
  • EG.iNcontrol
  • Silver
  • Masq
  • Agh
  • ThisIsJimmy
  • avilo
  • EG.LZGaMeR
  • Gretorp
  • PainUser
  • CatZ
  • Time
  • EG.iNkA
  • LiquidTyler
  • EG.IdrA
  • KawaiiRice
  • KingSpades
  • LiquidRet
  • White-Ra
  • CheeseGrater_525
  • TorcH
  • Taurent
  • Talbadar
  • Fayth
  • Newsh
  • orb
  • EG.Machine
  • GxZ
  • hmp12345
  • AlexCMoi
  • imakeroaches
  • ItsYoungLee
  • jeremiahthebullfrog
  • BackpackSC2
  • Bluewolf.
  • BuddhistSC
  • Nayr.
  • Nesh
  • fograw
  • Nokarot
  • OmniscientSC2
  • FoolyMlg
  • powerfullone1773
  • ryanrushia
  • Sadistx
  • sctipton
  • ShaggySan
  • systemkaos
  • cava
  • drewwarren
  • dapz24
  • UNC.Qiufeng
  • UNC-oRe.saMa
  • wonkman

List of TeamLiquid members who are going
+ Show Spoiler +
djWHEAT
Xeris
JWD [image loading]
cava
ZlaSHeR
Fulgrim
EtherealDeath
StorrZerg
KamuL + brother
mizore
ZomB
LuckyFool
Systemkaos
dapz
n0xi3
Nokarot
Haemonculus
Corrupt61587
wonkman
Agh
RyanRushia
stormtemplar
JoshShut
w_Ender_w
iCCup.Diamond
Fulgrim
TS-Rupbar
Zeri
killtec
Wolf
StatiC)Ex(
GabeTheBeast
d20
Invol2ver
Akasha
RedSixWhiskey
Atrocity
Antoine
pullarius1
Byzantium
mav451

List of those willing to split hotel room cost
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 18 2010 04:29 RyanRushia wrote:
I'll be there... looking for another perosn or w/e to split a hotel room at the gaylord with! also whats this i hear about a DC dinner? Is there anyone else here that is looking to split a room @ Gaylord hotel that

a. wont rape me
b. wont kill me

please PM me!
On September 29 2010 12:47 TS-Rupbar wrote:
This might seem like I'm just being lazy, but I'm on exchange studies in Vermont (from Sweden), so I have no idea how to get around. I will go if:

1. Someone can help me get to the place, either by public transport or picking me up.
2. I can stay with someone or share a hotel cost. If someone lets me stay with them, I'd pay for a dinner or cook you food or something. I would also obviously pay for the gas if we're driving anywhere. If there's any other cost, don't hesitate to tell me. : )
3. There will be people I can hang out with.

I'd be in Washington 6:28 pm on Thursday and I'd be leaving Sunday 9 pm. If someone would like to check out the city with me, that'd be great.

EDIT: I am 21 and wouldn't mind going out for some drinks one or two of the days!
On October 06 2010 01:04 wonkman wrote:
Last time i am ever doing this shit again.. Booking a room with 2 beds at the inn across from the gaylord called hampton inn. Look it up on google maps if you want.

Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area Hotel‎
250 Waterfront Street
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
(301) 567-3531

Would like to get 3 more people to help pay for the cost but i probably wont. And i have already booked it so it wont somehow dissapear the next time i get off of work and cant book it such as the last one i was going to do. So ya pm me.


you know what, dont even need to pay anything. If anyone needs a room pm me, ill let you stay in mine for free or whatnot -.- got 3 slots open


List of those willing providing housing
+ Show Spoiler +
On September 17 2010 03:32 StorrZerg wrote:
I got room for newbs looking for a free place to crash, pm me.
On September 18 2010 10:35 Systemkaos wrote:
Im still offering lodging for a few needy people i got fold out couch, beer, and a wife that enjoys to cook (and game) i live pretty close to the gaylord too

MLG has the schedule and starting maps for each round on their website

Schedule - http://pro-circuit.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/washington-dc/starcraft-2-1v1/schedule
Starting maps - http://pro-circuit.mlgpro.com/pro-circuit/2010/washington-dc/starcraft-2-1v1/game-types

On September 21 2010 19:29 MLG Deimos wrote:
TO EVERYBODY, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES REGARDING EQUIPMENT:

  • Players must bring their own mouse, keyboard, headsets, and mouse pad. Players must use the PC and Monitor provided by MLG.
  • Headsets must utilize a standard 3.5mm stereo headset jack with a separate 3.5mm microphone jack. Players may not use USB headsets.
  • Mice and keyboards must utilize standard USB interfaces. Players may not use PS2 interface equipment.
  • All Players must submit their mouse, keyboard, and headset driver requirements by 11:59 PM ET on Monday, October 11th. No drivers, that have not been previously submitted, will be installed at the Washington D.C. Competition.
  • All Player equipment is subject to approval.
  • Players may not use 3rd party Add-ons.


Keyboards and mice must have USB inputs. PS2s are NOT allowed. PS2>USB adapters are NOT permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS

MLG Deimos wrote:

Venue Location:
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745

Hotel Location:
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745

Transportation:

Airports

* BWI (Baltimore)
* IAD (Dulles)
* DCA (Reagan)

Transportation from Airport:

* Super Shuttle services all three airports. Rates and more are available here.

Parking

* $5.00 for first hour
* $12.00 for 0-3 hours self parking
* $19.00 per day self parking/overnight*
* $17.00 for 0-3 hours valet parking
* $28.00 per day valet parking/overnight*

Your best bet of getting there if you do not have a car and are traveling by plane or taking the metro is to stop at DCA (Reagan) and taking a shuttle to Gaylord.

The Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center is NOT the only place to stay around that area. There is the Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and aloft Washington National Harbor that are within walking distance of the convention center. About the rates though, you'll have to find out yourself but from the looks of it they seem a bit cheaper than Gaylord atleast according to tripadvisor

I guess all update the thread and make a list of those who are confirmed, tentative, providing housing or willing split the cost of a hotel room.

MLG DC @ GAYLORD! GET HYPED! and ffs USA top3 this time.
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
cava
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States1035 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-15 00:22:50
September 15 2010 00:15 GMT
#2
I live in the area so I can just drive to the event. And I got my pass! So excited~!

Unfortunately I live in a small apartment so I am unable to provide housing for any incoming travelers.
cava!
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
September 15 2010 00:16 GMT
#3
:O
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
September 15 2010 00:16 GMT
#4
My net died like ten minutes before seven, and it just came back on a few minutes ago. -_-
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
September 15 2010 00:21 GMT
#5
Well, I'm sure all of TL will meet up at some point, I can pretty much confirm the following people will go:

Nokarot
CaucasianAsian
Haemonculus/Shiver/Rhavanna
Orb
LuckyFool
SadistX
Myself
Torenhire
Corrupt
ton-of-people-i'm-missing

A lot of Princeton TL'ers who live in the area said they might road trip down too.

There'll be a lot of us
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
GenoZStriker
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2914 Posts
September 15 2010 00:23 GMT
#6
that's cool
eSports Prodigy & Illuminati member.
Fluffy1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States322 Posts
September 15 2010 00:30 GMT
#7
I am hoping to go!
Just looking around seeing if I want to spend the money at Gaylord or if I should look for something cheaper. Leaning towards the center :D
"I may be an idiot, but I am not stupid"
zeppelin
Profile Joined December 2007
United States565 Posts
September 15 2010 00:31 GMT
#8
i might go
Zapperkhan
Profile Joined October 2008
United States437 Posts
September 15 2010 00:32 GMT
#9
I'll be there plus probably 2 roommates.
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-15 00:43:54
September 15 2010 00:40 GMT
#10
tons and tons and tons of TL ppl will be there. HotBid and Intrigue will be there covering the event for TL as well.

oh and if ur not staying at the hotel don't park at the hotel. those prices are insane. there's a 24 hour garage like 2 blocks from the hotel that's $11 for 24 hours.
Fulgrim
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States560 Posts
September 15 2010 00:48 GMT
#11
I'll be there, in fact I was at the national harbor a couple of days ago and saw the convention center
One does not simply walk into mordor
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-15 00:50:11
September 15 2010 00:49 GMT
#12
if it was a week earlier during my fall break i'd go, but instead i'll be back down in southeast va. if anyone is thinking about driving up 64->95 and has an extra seat I might change my mind though...
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
September 15 2010 04:42 GMT
#13
Yep, got my ticket. DC DINNER YES?
slip
Profile Joined November 2008
United States17 Posts
September 15 2010 04:51 GMT
#14
Definitely going to be there, might even be able to house a couple people at my place in College Park. I did not realize spectator passes are free for this one, makes it even better.

Looking forward to meeting some TL people!
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
September 15 2010 04:53 GMT
#15
Still debating // pending if brother gets a player pass or not.

I will bring a few with me too (=
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
September 15 2010 05:29 GMT
#16
I'll be there and yes FUCKEN DC DINNER HELL YEAH
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
KamuL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States154 Posts
September 15 2010 05:50 GMT
#17
ls/me can meet up before MLG the day before or whatever anywhere in the D.C/MD area o.o

me and my brother will be spectating again xd
IsAi.199 =) Roar
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-16 04:20:09
September 16 2010 04:18 GMT
#18
Bought my MLG pass, 90% sure I will make it short of college bs
edit: KawaiiRice + mizore + ZomB will b durr
kiwi clone army hwaiting :>
@KawaiiRiceLighT
LuckyFool
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States9015 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-16 04:22:27
September 16 2010 04:22 GMT
#19
o snap I better get started on that osufam cheerful.
Akasha
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States261 Posts
September 16 2010 04:40 GMT
#20
I've stayed down there for another convention at the hotel across the street. Its a little bit cheaper not much but it has a full kitchen and it is a nice room. Parking is like 11$/night which is really good. Also the hotel is literally across the street from the Gaylord.

For dinner, stop by elevation burger. You can make a 10 patty burger. Their fries are awesome and I heard their shakes are from what I heard okay. I've heard that they are building a CVS down there so I'm not sure if its there.


Link to the hotel

I'll be down there with several friends so that I split the hotel bill.
Writer
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 52m
OSC
9h 52m
Replay Cast
9h 52m
OSC
22h 52m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.