• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:29
CEST 21:29
KST 04:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9097 users

Atlanta TL Meetup - August/September ?

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-27 02:59:38
July 01 2010 15:27 GMT
#1
Overview:

On August 27 2010 10:43 Ideas wrote:
so yea let's just get all the info together:

We are meeting in the Klaus Building on Georgia Tech campus at 8PM. BYOPC (and LAN cable). bring money for pizza if you want to have any (we will order some and it usually rounds out to about 1 dollar a slice from papa johns). You will need a Georgia Tech ID card to get into the building, so make sure you call me or stink123 to get in if you can't (we will probably have people by the doors and stuff from 7:30 - 9).


Parking:

On August 27 2010 10:39 stink123 wrote:
PM me or Ideas for our numbers so you can contact us in case you get lost.

Also I've made a nice handy map for where you can park and where we will be. Generally as long as you keep things quiet, you won't get in trouble for parking on a friday night.

[image loading]

As you can see, the Klaus building (College of Computing) is along Ferst Drive. However you'll need to park somewhere else. Probably the closest place is in the parking lot behind Howey physics building.

Edit: Parking spots : Orange circles
Klaus Location: Red circle




Original post:
+ Show Spoiler +

If there are any TL members in Atlanta interested in getting together, I think we should do it in August or September (if August, mid to late August). I have seen some people post in forums about going to Georgia Tech or Emory, and those schools are both IN Atlanta, so I know there are some TL people around Atlanta. Another university in Atlanta is Georgia State University, and I'm sure there are StarCraft players there as well. Waiting until late August or September allows people to get into gear for school before worrying about a meetup, so that's why I chose those two months.

Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
July 01 2010 15:45 GMT
#2
if you have another one around christmas/newyears i might be able to make it. hope this one has a good turnout though!
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 01 2010 15:52 GMT
#3
On July 02 2010 00:45 LosingID8 wrote:
if you have another one around christmas/newyears i might be able to make it. hope this one has a good turnout though!


I'll see if I can make it happen. Sorry you won't be able to make this one!
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
-StrifeX-
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States529 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-01 15:57:59
July 01 2010 15:56 GMT
#4
I'm from Dublin, GA....but in the middle of moving so all depends on the date mostly...

other people from GA i know of.

Future
Colbi

I have them both on msn i can msg them. I also know one other person not sure if he's on tl.net or not. I will ask him if i see him also. Best thing find state wars thing nasptl they were doing at one time...and find the GA team i managed. there should be a list in there and msg them.
.

Actually i should be able to make it since late august or later...
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 01 2010 16:18 GMT
#5
On July 02 2010 00:56 -StrifeX- wrote:
I'm from Dublin, GA....but in the middle of moving so all depends on the date mostly...

other people from GA i know of.

Future
Colbi

I have them both on msn i can msg them. I also know one other person not sure if he's on tl.net or not. I will ask him if i see him also. Best thing find state wars thing nasptl they were doing at one time...and find the GA team i managed. there should be a list in there and msg them.
.

Actually i should be able to make it since late august or later...


I appreciate you trying to gather people. Unfortunately I don't know too many Atlantans (besides roommates) who are into StarCraft at all, and I know zero people from Atlanta on TL.. Haha.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
sky_slasher
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States328 Posts
July 02 2010 02:21 GMT
#6
Some Atlanta TLers met through the previous two OSL final watching/LAN parties. Hm...or was i the only TLer and others were just GT folks (the man who posted the threads about the parties is def TLers though...obviously). i'm going to Emory this fall and currently live in Atlanta. so, meeting TLers sounds awesome.
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
July 02 2010 02:45 GMT
#7
On July 02 2010 11:21 sky_slasher wrote:
Some Atlanta TLers met through the previous two OSL final watching/LAN parties. Hm...or was i the only TLer and others were just GT folks (the man who posted the threads about the parties is def TLers though...obviously). i'm going to Emory this fall and currently live in Atlanta. so, meeting TLers sounds awesome.


how could you forget my username?

at georgia tech tehre are about 5 TLers (although 3 of them never post at all), most notably myself and hasuprotoss. we usually have OSL and MSL finals parties at the school.

we were talking about doing a big LAN party on the 27th/28th when SC2 comes out, but I've always kinda hated that idea because "sc2 coming out is nothing to celebrate" lol. but I know quite a few TLers/SC2 fans around atlanta (about 8-10 at my school, 2 guys from UGA, and then ziz from emory should know a few people from his school since they were all in the CSL team).
Free Palestine
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 02 2010 02:46 GMT
#8
I go to GSU and Ideas goes to tech, also the csl team all follow TL somewhat I think. I also met Colbi a long ass time ago. Assem might still be around but I'm not sure if he'd care for this sort of thing. I'm on a road trip the first two weeks of august but if this is more than like 5 people I'd probably be down.
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 02 2010 02:46 GMT
#9
On July 02 2010 00:45 LosingID8 wrote:
if you have another one around christmas/newyears i might be able to make it. hope this one has a good turnout though!



You still in lawrenceville?
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
July 02 2010 02:47 GMT
#10
On July 02 2010 11:45 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 11:21 sky_slasher wrote:
Some Atlanta TLers met through the previous two OSL final watching/LAN parties. Hm...or was i the only TLer and others were just GT folks (the man who posted the threads about the parties is def TLers though...obviously). i'm going to Emory this fall and currently live in Atlanta. so, meeting TLers sounds awesome.


how could you forget my username?

at georgia tech tehre are about 5 TLers (although 3 of them never post at all), most notably myself and hasuprotoss. we usually have OSL and MSL finals parties at the school.

we were talking about doing a big LAN party on the 27th/28th when SC2 comes out, but I've always kinda hated that idea because "sc2 coming out is nothing to celebrate" lol. but I know quite a few TLers/SC2 fans around atlanta (about 8-10 at my school, 2 guys from UGA, and then ziz from emory should know a few people from his school since they were all in the CSL team).


Lol posted right before me

but didn't mention me ;(
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8179 Posts
July 02 2010 02:48 GMT
#11
On July 02 2010 11:47 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 11:45 Ideas wrote:
On July 02 2010 11:21 sky_slasher wrote:
Some Atlanta TLers met through the previous two OSL final watching/LAN parties. Hm...or was i the only TLer and others were just GT folks (the man who posted the threads about the parties is def TLers though...obviously). i'm going to Emory this fall and currently live in Atlanta. so, meeting TLers sounds awesome.


how could you forget my username?

at georgia tech tehre are about 5 TLers (although 3 of them never post at all), most notably myself and hasuprotoss. we usually have OSL and MSL finals parties at the school.

we were talking about doing a big LAN party on the 27th/28th when SC2 comes out, but I've always kinda hated that idea because "sc2 coming out is nothing to celebrate" lol. but I know quite a few TLers/SC2 fans around atlanta (about 8-10 at my school, 2 guys from UGA, and then ziz from emory should know a few people from his school since they were all in the CSL team).


Lol posted right before me

but didn't mention me ;(



you never come to any of the OSL/MSL parties
Free Palestine
Ack1027
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States7873 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-02 03:01:47
July 02 2010 03:01 GMT
#12
I never knew about them!
And for some reason I was always out the night of grand finals for OSL and MSL so I sit in my room watching VODS being mad that I didn't watch it live.

+ Show Spoiler +
or not really that mad...since you know how it turned out
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 02 2010 05:47 GMT
#13
Where do you guys want to meet up ?
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
LosingID8
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
CA10835 Posts
July 02 2010 12:54 GMT
#14
On July 02 2010 11:46 Ack1027 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 00:45 LosingID8 wrote:
if you have another one around christmas/newyears i might be able to make it. hope this one has a good turnout though!



You still in lawrenceville?

nope i'm in florida working full time
ModeratorResident K-POP Elitist
Dragonreaper
Profile Joined July 2009
United States10 Posts
July 02 2010 13:11 GMT
#15
Dunno if I could make it but I do know of a place that seems perfect for a meetup in the Atlanta area. Giga - bites Cafe in Marietta has computers for hourly rates and have sc/bw ready to go according to their website. Havn't been there myself but last time I checked the webpage they had reasonable group rates and a number on available computers. Their website appears to be a little buggy right now and is missing that content, but I'm sure they would be happy to answer that kind of stuff if the location works.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 02 2010 15:21 GMT
#16
On July 02 2010 11:46 Ack1027 wrote:
I go to GSU and Ideas goes to tech, also the csl team all follow TL somewhat I think. I also met Colbi a long ass time ago. Assem might still be around but I'm not sure if he'd care for this sort of thing. I'm on a road trip the first two weeks of august but if this is more than like 5 people I'd probably be down.


On July 02 2010 11:45 Ideas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 02 2010 11:21 sky_slasher wrote:
Some Atlanta TLers met through the previous two OSL final watching/LAN parties. Hm...or was i the only TLer and others were just GT folks (the man who posted the threads about the parties is def TLers though...obviously). i'm going to Emory this fall and currently live in Atlanta. so, meeting TLers sounds awesome.


how could you forget my username?

at georgia tech tehre are about 5 TLers (although 3 of them never post at all), most notably myself and hasuprotoss. we usually have OSL and MSL finals parties at the school.

we were talking about doing a big LAN party on the 27th/28th when SC2 comes out, but I've always kinda hated that idea because "sc2 coming out is nothing to celebrate" lol. but I know quite a few TLers/SC2 fans around atlanta (about 8-10 at my school, 2 guys from UGA, and then ziz from emory should know a few people from his school since they were all in the CSL team).


Try to get these guys to come to this thread and give input. I'm also going to start listing places people suggest to meet up, and I'll eventually put a poll once it gets narrowed down.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
MacroNcheesE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States508 Posts
July 02 2010 19:07 GMT
#17
I'm in Cherokee, NC but moving to Biloxi otherwise I would definitely want to go.
Doubt is the venom that has paralyzed humanity.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
July 02 2010 19:32 GMT
#18
I go to school in Athens (UGA WOOHOO!!) This is interesting. I might be able to come to Atlanta.
Life is Good.
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
July 02 2010 22:18 GMT
#19
On July 03 2010 04:32 Alou wrote:
I go to school in Athens (UGA WOOHOO!!) This is interesting. I might be able to come to Atlanta.


UGA FTL! Haha. Kidding; I go to GSU, though.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
fourzerofour
Profile Joined July 2010
United States13 Posts
July 06 2010 01:33 GMT
#20
I am interested, I go to GSC and have been looking for a local SC meetup. Athens or Atlanta im down.
1 2 3 4 5 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason185
BRAT_OK 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15156
Artosis 567
Mini 247
Dewaltoss 138
Mind 77
ZZZero.O 63
Hyun 40
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2705
420jenkins571
League of Legends
Doublelift856
Counter-Strike
fl0m3931
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5770
Khaldor1342
Liquid`Hasu1065
MindelVK19
Other Games
summit1g4612
FrodaN2095
B2W.Neo749
byalli617
ToD223
Railgan45
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1145
BasetradeTV215
StarCraft 2
angryscii 45
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 33
• StrangeGG 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• FirePhoenix6
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie940
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 31m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.