• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10529 users

"Reported for drophacking"

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
September 25 2011 00:16 GMT
#1
I tried to upload the reply via both Nibbits and sc2replayed, but the file "failed to parse". If anyone has suggestions as to how I can post this, please tell me and I will do so to prove my innocence.

About twenty minutes ago I played a PvZ wherein the zerg early pool rushed me, which I held off and did a double zealot rush wherein our economies became somewhat equal. I expanded and put down a dark shrine while hunting for his third, and he pushed with roaches. I held the push and, during it, countered with dark templar doing severe economic damage. After the push he began to have lag problems with the game pausing for several seconds at a time, but the timer never went below thirty seconds. I pushed with a gateway army along with several immortals and a colossus, and as I was pushing he accused me of drophacking. I was taken by surprise by this as I was courteous the entire game and even asked him if he needed to pause during some of the lag stretches. He BM'd me and then, before leaving, said "reported for drophacking". I love starcraft far too much for me to lose my account because of a bitter person lying about a situation like that, and I've come to ask TL what I can do to show blizzard that I wasn't drophacking during the game. If it clears up any fog, he left the game on his own accord as he was dying and did NOT disconnect from it. The disconnect timer never went below thirty seconds.

If anyone knows how I can clear my name and account, please say and help me prove my innocence.
michglich
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States29 Posts
September 25 2011 00:17 GMT
#2
If you aren't drophacking, you won't get banned. Simple as that.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
September 25 2011 00:18 GMT
#3
oh don't worry about it nothing's going to happen
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Pietro
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland103 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 00:19:38
September 25 2011 00:19 GMT
#4
I don't think Blizz would do anything without proof, and seing how he didn't even disconnect, you're pretty much safe.

edit:
Double ninja'd.
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
September 25 2011 00:19 GMT
#5
How do you know? I played WoW for two years and blizzard seemed to just throw the banhammer in random directions every couple of months.
Pietro
Profile Joined March 2011
Poland103 Posts
September 25 2011 00:20 GMT
#6
On September 25 2011 09:19 Bartimaues wrote:
How do you know? I played WoW for two years and blizzard seemed to just throw the banhammer in random directions every couple of months.


That's just the way it works. If you get banned just contact customer support and get unbanned due to lack of evidence ^^
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 25 2011 00:21 GMT
#7
On September 25 2011 09:19 Bartimaues wrote:
How do you know? I played WoW for two years and blizzard seemed to just throw the banhammer in random directions every couple of months.


I haven't seen Blizzard miss with the banhammer. At least not from a mechanical standpoint. Drophacks have a VERY significant tell. It will be trivial for them to tell if you have been drophacking or not.
twitch.tv/medrea
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
September 25 2011 00:23 GMT
#8
Thank you all for the reassurance, but does anyone know how I can fix the "failed to parse" problem so that I can prove it?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 25 2011 00:29 GMT
#9
On September 25 2011 09:23 Bartimaues wrote:
Thank you all for the reassurance, but does anyone know how I can fix the "failed to parse" problem so that I can prove it?


You can't, and that's a good thing.
twitch.tv/medrea
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 00:31:34
September 25 2011 00:31 GMT
#10
How is it a good thing that I can't prove I wasn't hacking?

edit: and for background information, what does "failed to parse" mean ?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 00:34:13
September 25 2011 00:32 GMT
#11
On September 25 2011 09:31 Bartimaues wrote:
How is it a good thing that I can't prove I wasn't hacking?


You have the replay. That's all the proof you need. And I am sure they have a replay too. Im sure they are able to break down that replay waaaaay down to suit whatever they need.

Failed to parse means the file dun got fucked up and your client doesn't know how to run it. It happens.

Honestly I see this happen a lot more often in games where people are hacking. And hackers love to call other people hackers.
twitch.tv/medrea
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
September 25 2011 00:34 GMT
#12
So, as it failed to parse, that means he was hacking me while calling me a hacker?
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 25 2011 00:36 GMT
#13
On September 25 2011 09:34 Bartimaues wrote:
So, as it failed to parse, that means he was hacking me while calling me a hacker?


Well I wouldn't go that far. Failed to parse replays happen naturally as well. No matter what though if Blizzard feels like investigating this game it is going to be investigated by a computer, not a human. Then if there checker does suspect cheating, a human will step in to verify.
twitch.tv/medrea
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 00:39:52
September 25 2011 00:37 GMT
#14
For further enrichment, you can view the confirmed hackers list we have here on TL. We have a drophacker section, complete with replays.

Go ahead and open one of them up, and you'll see exactly what I am talking about.

EDIT: You might have to check a previous season.
twitch.tv/medrea
Madous
Profile Joined August 2011
United States21 Posts
September 25 2011 01:03 GMT
#15
I know I'm basically repeating what others have said, but nothing will happen to you. Unless they have absolutely overwhelming evidence of drophacking (multiple games lasting less than two minutes in which you win all of them), you'll be totally fine.

And even if you do have a stroke of bad luck, contact Blizzard support. I've never had a problem with their support before, and they've even unbanned me from WoW after my account was stolen. All I needed to say was "Hey. That wasn't me." and they believed me, haha.

Have some faith in Blizz - you'll be fine.
Hydras exist for the sole purpose of getting to trick your opponent into making them so that you can hard counter them with pretty much any other unit in the game.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
September 25 2011 01:17 GMT
#16
Is there any way we can maybe see this replay?
twitch.tv/medrea
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
September 25 2011 01:38 GMT
#17
lol, Blizzard doesn't ban people who get reported. If the guy even bothered. Don't worry about it.
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
Chemist391
Profile Joined October 2010
United States368 Posts
September 25 2011 01:41 GMT
#18
I've had the replay parsing issue before.

Usually I'll get the issue with one sc2 replay website. It usually doesn't happen when I try a second site. I usually use sc2replayed and replayfu...if one fails to parse, the other usually doesn't.

Try using a different replay uploading website.
RyLai
Profile Joined May 2011
United States477 Posts
September 25 2011 01:48 GMT
#19
I don't think they'll care if it's a single incident, as a single incident can be dumb chance, a bitter loser, or some other dumb shit.

If they get a LOT of reports about the same thing on the same player, THEN they'll investigate. If you aren't drop hacking, it'll be only 1 player reporting you, and they won't care and even if they did, they would probably realize the guy was just talking out of the broken pride shoved up his ass. If you DID drophack, then I think if you stopped right away, you should still be safe. I doubt they investigate singular instances...
Bartimaeus
Profile Joined January 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-25 02:12:54
September 25 2011 02:01 GMT
#20
http://replayfu.com/r/96G01r

Tried replayfu like Chemist391 suggested and it worked, if anyone has issues with it tell me and i'll try to fix it.

thanks to everyone who gave their time to help me through this issue =) <3.

edit: just to clear anything up, Makhalu is my in-game name instead of Bartimaeus. I'm the protoss playing.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings139
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 171
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 321
soO 242
BeSt 227
sorry 45
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 17
yabsab 9
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever845
League of Legends
JimRising 691
Counter-Strike
taco 384
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King166
Other Games
summit1g9595
Maynarde200
RuFF_SC2104
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH351
• Hupsaiya 107
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2155
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 42m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 42m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.