• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:07
CEST 00:07
KST 07:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10660 users

Post Your Key Caps!

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 18:31:10
September 09 2011 18:25 GMT
#1
Hi TL,

I know many of you have custom key caps, keyboards, unique designs etc. so this is the place to post them and share your creations with the community!

If you are wondering how to get these custom key caps and awsome looking keyboards you will have to buy a mechanical keyboard (highly recommend) and then take yourself over to wasdkeyboards.com where you can order their custom mechanical, or just order the custom key caps you desire. It's a really good looking and easy maneuverable site and the first of its kind in North America. Although I don't own my own WASD keyboard I have heard good things about it.

I personally live in canada and ordered my first mechanical from elitekeyboards.com and after 3 weeks my Leopold Tenkeyless with brown switches arrived. I was extremely happy with the build quality but wanted to personalize it. There are some groups online who buy key caps in bulk from Asia and then distribute them to the buyers, but this seemed a little confusing/risky for me. Anyways, here is what my keyboard looked like before:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


After discovering WASD keyboards I wanted to know more information about it, so I emailed them with my phone number if they wanted to give me a call back. Within the hour this man from WASD keyboards gave me a call and answered all my questions I had to give him. Satisfied, I spent the next hour or so customizing the keys I wanted...This is the finished product!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The keys are engraved with times new roman text and look amazing. I remember the person from WASD said that they would be able to print the letters of the keys in a different colour to make them stand out like regular keyboards, but it would take them a couple months? I could be wrong. Anyways, here is what the keys look like closer in and how the products came shipped to me:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

Oh yea I almost forgot. They also do customizable key caps. This one needs no spoiler:

[image loading]

AW YEEE




Pinna
Profile Joined April 2011
Finland152 Posts
September 09 2011 18:51 GMT
#2
That keyboard looks amazing! I only have some 5+ years old non-mechanical 5€ keyboard.
School..
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
September 09 2011 19:08 GMT
#3
You can never escape from TL though.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
September 09 2011 19:09 GMT
#4
that thing is sick. respect man
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
Molybdenum
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States358 Posts
September 09 2011 19:12 GMT
#5
On September 10 2011 04:08 Grobyc wrote:
You can never escape from TL though.


TL is his escape.
LXR
Profile Joined June 2011
357 Posts
September 09 2011 19:13 GMT
#6
Sorry to ask this here, but i have a question about custom keycaps. If i buy white ones do you think they will still glow with my LED Backlight? I have a black widow ultimate. I'm thinking of getting some white keycaps!
Ingenol
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1328 Posts
September 09 2011 19:14 GMT
#7
Cool! Would you be willing to share how much the whole package cost you?
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
September 09 2011 19:22 GMT
#8
On September 10 2011 04:13 LXR wrote:
Sorry to ask this here, but i have a question about custom keycaps. If i buy white ones do you think they will still glow with my LED Backlight? I have a black widow ultimate. I'm thinking of getting some white keycaps!

My leopold caps lock and print screen were able to light up before I ordered these new key caps. WASD wasn't able to provide me with the same ones so they don't light up anymore. However with the blackwidow ultimate it seems to have a lot more lights around the keys themselves so they should be able to show. As for the letter in the key itself I doubt it will be able to light up.
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
September 09 2011 19:24 GMT
#9
On September 10 2011 04:14 Ingenol wrote:
Cool! Would you be willing to share how much the whole package cost you?

With shipping and everything it was:
$130 Canadian for the keyboard
50 for the key caps
5 teamliquid custom escape key
$3 key cap puller

$190 ish. well worth IMO because I use my computer more than anything else in my house.
rea1ity
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom385 Posts
September 09 2011 19:30 GMT
#10
You cant see the letters?
그 스타 크래프트의 꿈, 그 꿈 생활
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
September 09 2011 19:33 GMT
#11
On September 10 2011 04:30 rea1ity wrote:
You cant see the letters?

they are engraved, so it's a lot harder to see them from regular font on keyboards. But When I was talking to the WASD dood he said it might take them 2 months to get printed key caps. I don't exactly know their time frame so take that as a fact.
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 20:53:01
September 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#12
Looks very nice! I've been looking to customize my Filco keyboard. I didn't know WASD-keyboards sold seperate keycaps, I'm definitely gonna fiddle around in their keycap creator some more.

Thanks for the inspiration

Oh, and a question: how do the engraved keycaps feel on your fingers? I like the look of engraved keycaps, but I think it might feel strange while typing.

If you could take a picture of how exactly the engraved font looks I would be really grateful. It doesn't show very well on the pics you have uploaded in the OP.
This signature is ruining eSports.
Cutebone
Profile Joined March 2011
United States62 Posts
September 09 2011 20:54 GMT
#13
I apologize for the iphone quality...anyways...here is my Das Ultimate with custom caps from WASD!
[image loading]
LXR
Profile Joined June 2011
357 Posts
September 09 2011 21:16 GMT
#14
On September 10 2011 04:22 Ruyguy wrote:
My leopold caps lock and print screen were able to light up before I ordered these new key caps. WASD wasn't able to provide me with the same ones so they don't light up anymore. However with the blackwidow ultimate it seems to have a lot more lights around the keys themselves so they should be able to show. As for the letter in the key itself I doubt it will be able to light up.


I see. The letters probably won't show up unless i do some sort of custom paint on it, which I am actually considering. I think all I'd have to do is get some translucent caps and text decals. Then I just paint over the cap and when it's dry peel off the decal. I think that's how the BWU's are made anyways.
jacosajh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
2919 Posts
September 09 2011 21:36 GMT
#15
[image loading]

There's my IBM Model M 1391401 that is almost as old as me.
Taesis
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada51 Posts
September 09 2011 21:38 GMT
#16
these look so sick awesome!

Wish i had the money to pimp out my keyboard!
All SC2 enthusiasts are your brothers, look upon them in respect and love, for they share your passion.
MisterFred
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2033 Posts
September 09 2011 21:40 GMT
#17
anyone use one of those bamboo/wooden keyboards?
"The victor? Not the highest scoring, nor the best strategist, nor the best tactitian. The victor was he that was closest to the Tao of FFA." -.Praetor
UndercoverNerd
Profile Joined May 2011
88 Posts
September 09 2011 23:21 GMT
#18
I wish I could take part in this conversation, but my Keybord is...well...
[image loading]

My question is - are the Caps usable for all keyboards (i mean obviously the ones with changable caps) or are there some restrictions?
hurr gurr.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
September 09 2011 23:29 GMT
#19
[image loading]

White on white and white on black
jacosajh
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
2919 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 02:15:53
September 10 2011 02:15 GMT
#20
Sennheiser HD555 + Logitech MX518 + IBM Model M 1391401 in Navy Blue / Black / Silver
[image loading]

Goes well with my "custom-modded" Storm Scout with Blue LEDs also. Nothing too special, but I couldn't stand the red in the Storm Scout, and once I did my keyboard, I couldn't resist doing the headphones and mouse as well.
1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O143
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13665
Shuttle 366
White-Ra 245
ZZZero.O 143
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm133
League of Legends
Doublelift4679
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4731
Other Games
summit1g9569
FrodaN2478
Liquid`RaSZi2208
C9.Mang0323
crisheroes281
ToD265
Livibee193
Pyrionflax136
Mew2King54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• musti20045 34
• Adnapsc2 26
• HeavenSC 14
• Sammyuel 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1539
• Shiphtur658
• WagamamaTV283
Upcoming Events
OSC
53m
Replay Cast
53m
OSC
13h 53m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.