• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8402 users

What's the correct order of naming the three races of Star…

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-04-18 10:37:57
April 18 2023 10:37 GMT
#21
On April 18 2023 19:21 Schelim wrote:
to me it's always been Terran - Zerg - Protoss and it irritates me that Liquipedia does it alphabetically



Alphabetically is the gramatically correct way in English (:
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
April 18 2023 10:38 GMT
#22
Lore-wise it would be Protoss Zerg Terran by order of creation / appearance.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Ciaus_Dronu
Profile Joined June 2017
South Africa1848 Posts
April 18 2023 10:47 GMT
#23
Protoss (get it out the way quick, and have the others to clear your mouth)
Terran (stuck in the middle of two warring aliens)
Zerg (leave the best for last)

Very unbiased analysis.

Also think it just sounds better saying it out loud this way.

dbRic1203
Profile Joined July 2019
Germany2655 Posts
April 18 2023 11:24 GMT
#24
Terran Protoss Zerg
MaxPax
Balnazza
Profile Joined January 2018
Germany1367 Posts
April 18 2023 11:44 GMT
#25
Protoss - Zerg - The other one
"Wenn die Zauberin runter geht, dann macht sie die Beine breit" - Khaldor, trying to cast WC3 German-only
TL+ Member
renaissanceMAN
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1840 Posts
April 18 2023 16:56 GMT
#26
On April 18 2023 19:38 zatic wrote:
Lore-wise it would be Protoss Zerg Terran by order of creation / appearance.


you just HAD to bring lore into it didn't you
On August 15 2013 03:43 Waxangel wrote: no amount of money can replace the enjoyment of being mean to people on the internet
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
April 18 2023 18:57 GMT
#27
I think TerranZergProtoss is the most correct but TerranProtossZerg rolls off the tongue better
Mine gas, build tanks.
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
April 18 2023 19:07 GMT
#28
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.
You're now breathing manually
Galacsia
Profile Joined February 2020
Chile163 Posts
April 19 2023 02:51 GMT
#29
Obviously TZP. However I can accept PTZ as a 2nd order from the bw campaign.
The other options make no sense.
BeSt / Bisu ftw!!
Ciaus_Dronu
Profile Joined June 2017
South Africa1848 Posts
April 19 2023 05:04 GMT
#30
On April 19 2023 04:07 Sent. wrote:
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.


I (Zerg) played a ZvT. I (Terran) played a TvZ. I thought this was how the order of the letters in the MUs normally went? O.o
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
April 19 2023 10:09 GMT
#31
The original campaign order was T -> Z -> P, so I've always put it in this order.

On April 19 2023 14:04 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2023 04:07 Sent. wrote:
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.


I (Zerg) played a ZvT. I (Terran) played a TvZ. I thought this was how the order of the letters in the MUs normally went? O.o


Agreed.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Vision_
Profile Joined September 2018
877 Posts
April 19 2023 13:04 GMT
#32
What s the purpose of this thread ?
Ciaus_Dronu
Profile Joined June 2017
South Africa1848 Posts
April 19 2023 13:27 GMT
#33
On April 19 2023 22:04 Vision_ wrote:
What s the purpose of this thread ?


To determine the correct order of naming the three races of Starcraft.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19392 Posts
April 19 2023 14:54 GMT
#34
On April 19 2023 19:09 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
The original campaign order was T -> Z -> P, so I've always put it in this order.

Show nested quote +
On April 19 2023 14:04 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
On April 19 2023 04:07 Sent. wrote:
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.


I (Zerg) played a ZvT. I (Terran) played a TvZ. I thought this was how the order of the letters in the MUs normally went? O.o


Agreed.

But what about the box art!?!
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
April 19 2023 14:57 GMT
#35
zerg clearly comes last.

T P Z sounds very right, but P T Z doesn't sound wrong either.
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46503 Posts
April 19 2023 15:15 GMT
#36
On April 19 2023 23:54 BisuDagger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2023 19:09 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
The original campaign order was T -> Z -> P, so I've always put it in this order.

On April 19 2023 14:04 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
On April 19 2023 04:07 Sent. wrote:
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.


I (Zerg) played a ZvT. I (Terran) played a TvZ. I thought this was how the order of the letters in the MUs normally went? O.o


Agreed.

But what about the box art!?!


The box art is phenomenal in any order.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2023-04-19 16:38:48
April 19 2023 16:36 GMT
#37
Obviously in the order the original 1998 campaign is supposed to be played which was Terran -> Zerg -> Protoss
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
Ciaus_Dronu
Profile Joined June 2017
South Africa1848 Posts
April 19 2023 17:16 GMT
#38
This is the most invested I've been in the answers to a TL thread in a while not gonna lie.
Sent.
Profile Joined June 2012
Poland9331 Posts
April 19 2023 17:38 GMT
#39
On April 19 2023 14:04 Ciaus_Dronu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2023 04:07 Sent. wrote:
Terran Protoss Zerg or Protoss Terran Zerg. Zerg has to be last. The match ups in my head are always TvZ, PvZ and... I think it's TvP but PvT sounds just as good. ZvP or ZvT sounds wrong.


I (Zerg) played a ZvT. I (Terran) played a TvZ. I thought this was how the order of the letters in the MUs normally went? O.o


I meant an abstract match where it doesn't matter who the Zerg or Terran is. If I'm watching Serral vs Maru, it's a TvZ in my head even though I mostly play Zerg recently. Of course that doesn't mean I'd say something like "Serral's TvZ is good". It can be "his ZvT", but if someone asked me to name the match up between Serral and Maru, I'd say it's a TvZ.
You're now breathing manually
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
April 19 2023 17:48 GMT
#40
What's the worst-sounding order? Protoss - Zerg - Terran kind of makes me wince.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings64
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE148
ProTech140
SpeCial 122
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13556
Artosis 601
Shuttle 158
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
canceldota116
League of Legends
Doublelift3905
Counter-Strike
taco 196
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox396
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6604
shahzam636
Day[9].tv584
C9.Mang0310
Maynarde151
Trikslyr60
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP53
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv584
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.