• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:46
CEST 11:46
KST 18:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8240 users

2019 Global Finals Playoffs: Bracket Predictions - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
129 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-30 12:53:51
October 30 2019 12:49 GMT
#21
On October 30 2019 21:08 midhigh wrote:
I think Dark can't ZvZ his way to championship, IF he meets with Rogue and Serral.
But i think this championship is Serral's to loose


Serral certainly has the bracket to do a repeat, I think he ace his way to the final tbh. Maybe Rogue can upset him there. Or Maru I guess but that ain't happening.

Also I think Reynor gets bop by Trap. He was looking nervous as shit in his group, I think he will just crumble on stage.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
MyLovelyLurker
Profile Joined April 2007
France756 Posts
October 30 2019 12:54 GMT
#22
Much as I love Classic I think Serral-Rogue's very likely. An interesting storyline in its symmetry, the battle of the repeat winners, and the most stable Zerg against the sneakiest.
"I just say, it doesn't matter win or lose, I just love Starcraft 2, I love this game, I love this stage, just play like in practice" - TIME/Oliveira
Miralem Ibrahim
Profile Joined April 2019
40 Posts
October 30 2019 12:59 GMT
#23
I think the only one who can match Serral in ZvZ is Reynor so I hope this final won't be a ZvZ because if it's the case it will be a "free win" for Serral. Even if Rogue said he is better in late game I just remember what happened in blizzcon last years so I don't believe in his chance against the finish men.
Nakajin
Profile Blog Joined September 2014
Canada8991 Posts
October 30 2019 13:00 GMT
#24
On October 30 2019 21:54 MyLovelyLurker wrote:
Much as I love Classic I think Serral-Rogue's very likely. An interesting storyline in its symmetry, the battle of the repeat winners, and the most stable Zerg against the sneakiest.


It would be funny if Rogue win that. We would have:

Rogue: Blizzcon-IEM-Nothing-Blizzcon

And Serral:
Nothing-Blizzcon-Blizzcon final

Same as sOs-Life

I'm guessing Serral get busted for organizing dog fight next.
Writerhttp://i.imgur.com/9p6ufcB.jpg
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
October 30 2019 13:00 GMT
#25
100% GUARANTEED
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
October 30 2019 13:02 GMT
#26
On October 30 2019 22:00 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2019 21:54 MyLovelyLurker wrote:
Much as I love Classic I think Serral-Rogue's very likely. An interesting storyline in its symmetry, the battle of the repeat winners, and the most stable Zerg against the sneakiest.


It would be funny if Rogue win that. We would have:

Rogue: Blizzcon-IEM-Nothing-Blizzcon

And Serral:
Nothing-Blizzcon-Blizzcon final

Same as sOs-Life

I'm guessing Serral get busted for organizing dog fight next.

Cheating in his golf tournaments.
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
hexhaven
Profile Joined July 2014
Finland965 Posts
October 30 2019 13:16 GMT
#27
On October 30 2019 21:07 TheOneAboveU wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2019 21:03 BisuDagger wrote:
Top Bracket: Everyone played it safe with a Serral finals prediction.
I'm surprised no one was brave enough to predict someone else.

Bottom Bracket: Most played it wild and predicted Maru.
While Maru is an exciting choice, it's also a pretty boring choice since everyone picked it lol. Also, it is quite a diss towards Rogue that he wasn't even picked once.


I think the most dramatic finish would be a Trap vs Rogue rematch. Can you imagine Trap taking on Zerg after Zerg against all odds only to get crushed in the finals by Rogue?


"Everyone played it safe with a Serral finals prediction.
I'm surprised no one was brave enough to predict someone else."

Uhm, yeah - we don't want to get lynched by Serral's fanboys next time we're at some event.
Also not everyone picked Maru.



Hey, I'd make it quick and painless.
WriterI shoot events. | http://www.jussi.co/esports
MyLovelyLurker
Profile Joined April 2007
France756 Posts
October 30 2019 13:19 GMT
#28
On October 30 2019 22:00 Nakajin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2019 21:54 MyLovelyLurker wrote:
Much as I love Classic I think Serral-Rogue's very likely. An interesting storyline in its symmetry, the battle of the repeat winners, and the most stable Zerg against the sneakiest.


It would be funny if Rogue win that. We would have:

Rogue: Blizzcon-IEM-Nothing-Blizzcon

And Serral:
Nothing-Blizzcon-Blizzcon final

Same as sOs-Life

I'm guessing Serral get busted for organizing dog fight next.


Yeah the real upset : Serral cruises to ZvZ finals, then goes on to lose it.

Ditches golf for weight-lifting competitions and fight club next.
"I just say, it doesn't matter win or lose, I just love Starcraft 2, I love this game, I love this stage, just play like in practice" - TIME/Oliveira
Meeii
Profile Joined July 2015
155 Posts
October 30 2019 13:25 GMT
#29
On October 30 2019 20:28 DrunkenSCV wrote:
I believe that Maru vs Serral is the most likely to happen scenario.
1) Maru's been playing in a way more standard style this year. Yes, his results at GSL are worse, but it may result in a better performance at weekend tournaments.
2) Nobody can be prepared for a terran player this good.
3) TvZ is his best match up and it's likely that this is the only match up he will have to play


I would put my money on Maru in any TvZ.. expect for Dark. Darks ZvT just seems so damn solid.
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-30 13:46:17
October 30 2019 13:33 GMT
#30
Looking forward to Maru vs Classic in the lower bracket semi-finals.
Im liking Destruction's bracket, but rooting for reverse mapscore in the finals
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
Mettis
Profile Joined June 2019
84 Posts
October 30 2019 13:46 GMT
#31
I'll go for a wild bracket.

Serral 3-0 soO
Reynor 3-2 Trap

Rogue 3-1 Classic
Dark 1-3 Maru

Reynor 3-2 Serral
Maru 3-0 Classic

Maru 4-3 Reynor
Ziggy
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
South Korea2107 Posts
October 30 2019 13:53 GMT
#32
Any prediction that says Maru doesn't win is wrong.
WriterDefeating a sandwich only makes it tastier. @imjustziggy
parksonsc
Profile Joined May 2019
175 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-10-30 13:58:55
October 30 2019 13:58 GMT
#33
What has Serral done to make him the favorite versus Maru? Like he beat TY whose TvZ is nowhere near the level of Maru and Maru only recently lost to Dark whose ZvT is also godlike (Maru actually beat Dark in the latest online match).
Geo.Rion
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
7377 Posts
October 30 2019 14:08 GMT
#34
On October 30 2019 22:58 parksonsc wrote:
What has Serral done to make him the favorite versus Maru? Like he beat TY whose TvZ is nowhere near the level of Maru and Maru only recently lost to Dark whose ZvT is also godlike (Maru actually beat Dark in the latest online match).

you seem to forget their glorious best of one in the showmtach last year
"Protoss is a joke" Liquid`Jinro Okt.1. 2011
mindover
Profile Joined January 2019
4 Posts
October 30 2019 14:14 GMT
#35
Serral 0-3 soO
Reynor 1-3 Trap
Rogue 0-3 Classic
Dark 0-3 Maru

soO 0-3 Trap
Classic 0-3 Maru

Trap 3-0 Maru

Here is the truth
TheOneAboveU
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany3367 Posts
October 30 2019 14:30 GMT
#36
On October 30 2019 23:14 mindover wrote:
Serral 0-3 soO
Reynor 1-3 Trap
Rogue 0-3 Classic
Dark 0-3 Maru

soO 0-3 Trap
Classic 0-3 Maru

Trap 3-0 Maru

Here is the truth

Found GGemini's alt account!
Moderatoralias TripleM | @TL_TripleM | Big Dark Energy!
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
October 30 2019 14:34 GMT
#37
On October 30 2019 22:58 parksonsc wrote:
What has Serral done to make him the favorite versus Maru? Like he beat TY whose TvZ is nowhere near the level of Maru and Maru only recently lost to Dark whose ZvT is also godlike (Maru actually beat Dark in the latest online match).


Playing the most flawless Starcraft 2 there is right now would be my answer.

Really hoping for a close Serral vs Maru final going the full length. Don't even care that much who wins in the end
Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
tigon_ridge
Profile Joined March 2019
482 Posts
October 30 2019 14:34 GMT
#38
On October 30 2019 23:14 mindover wrote:
Serral 0-3 soO
Reynor 1-3 Trap
Rogue 0-3 Classic
Dark 0-3 Maru

soO 0-3 Trap
Classic 0-3 Maru

Trap 3-0 Maru

Here is the truth

Thanks for the giggle. :D
ImmortalGhost
Profile Joined April 2019
United States57 Posts
October 30 2019 14:37 GMT
#39
Actually, the finals will be PvP and no one will watch
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 30 2019 14:39 GMT
#40
I'll believe in any prediction, except those where Maru faces Serral.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 32
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g8089
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes212
Sick192
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
14m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 14m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 14m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.