• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:08
CEST 23:08
KST 06:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7420 users

IEM Gyeonggi Day 3 - INnoVation advances over Dark

Forum Index > SC2 General
41 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-16 06:47:41
December 16 2016 06:46 GMT
#1
After an intense, action-packed couple of opening days, we're finally reaching the business end of the competition. Day 3 featured just a single Best of 5—the first semifinal between (Z)Dark and (T)INnoVation.

After besting the best terran of 2016 in ByuN in yesterday's tight 3-2 quarterfinal win, Dark was confronted by the terran of the moment in INnoVation for today's semifinal. While bio-mine was the story in the Ro.8, today's clash was all about INnoVation's mech power.

Game 1 lay down a template for the whole series—a cyclone-hellion opener for INnoVation that transitioned straight into full-blown mech. Dark's response was immediate—a roach counter that significantly delayed the terran from powering up, before adding vipers. Abducts and blinding cloud tore apart the terran forces as Dark drew first blood. It wasn't long before INnoVation evened things up though; hitting an earlier pre-viper timing on Vaani and rolling through off his unstoppable macro prowess, and game 3 on Daybreak was just the same.

Finally, down on match point, Dark showed signs of adapting to his opponent. Early infestors on Habitation Station proved to be the change he needed, with some burrowed fungals catching out INnoVation's whole initial cyclone force. The terran never quite recovered, with Dark harassing all over the map with pockets of burrowed roaches before one crucial blinding cloud on all of INnoVation's clumped tanks allowed the mass roach pack to close the distance and send us to a final deciding set on Whirlwind.

All the prophesies of a lengthy macro decider proved to be false, however , as INnoVation's early cyclone-hellbat push functioned as planned for the first time in the series. With Dark committing a pack of lings to an overlord drop that never reached its destination, INnoVation's army proved too much for a minimal defence with ling-bane and queens. INnoVation advances to the IEM Gyeonggi Finals to face one of ByuL or Stats on Sunday afternoon.






Semifinal #2 between (P)Stats and (Z)ByuL will be played tomorrow in


Writers: munch
Editor: munch
Facebook Twitter Reddit
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
Garemie
Profile Joined April 2011
United States248 Posts
December 16 2016 06:59 GMT
#2
TvZ final pleeeeeease
Bomber | CJ herO | Snute
PaztheLobster
Profile Joined September 2013
Philippines25 Posts
December 16 2016 07:01 GMT
#3
I am so salty with Dark's loss. Was cheering for him so hard!
Number 1 Stephano Fan
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
December 16 2016 07:07 GMT
#4
Great games The passion is coming back
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
hiroshOne
Profile Joined October 2015
Poland425 Posts
December 16 2016 07:16 GMT
#5
Moar buffs for mech is clearly needed. As mech is so underpowered vs Zerg. Kappa

User was warned for this post
Ultima Ratio Regum
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
December 16 2016 07:31 GMT
#6
On December 16 2016 16:16 hiroshOne wrote:
Moar buffs for mech is clearly needed. As mech is so underpowered vs Zerg. Kappa

Dude you do nothing but whine about balance and Zerg UP in almost every post. Is it a full time job or something? lol
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
RaFox17
Profile Joined May 2013
Finland4581 Posts
December 16 2016 07:38 GMT
#7
On December 16 2016 16:31 Sapphire.lux wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2016 16:16 hiroshOne wrote:
Moar buffs for mech is clearly needed. As mech is so underpowered vs Zerg. Kappa

Dude you do nothing but whine about balance and Zerg UP in almost every post. Is it a full time job or something? lol

It´s funny to see how the whine switches races in a day
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
December 16 2016 07:43 GMT
#8
On December 16 2016 16:38 RaFox17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2016 16:31 Sapphire.lux wrote:
On December 16 2016 16:16 hiroshOne wrote:
Moar buffs for mech is clearly needed. As mech is so underpowered vs Zerg. Kappa

Dude you do nothing but whine about balance and Zerg UP in almost every post. Is it a full time job or something? lol

It´s funny to see how the whine switches races in a day

haha touche. Not in every post though :p
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Maxim
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany10 Posts
December 16 2016 08:06 GMT
#9
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
December 16 2016 08:20 GMT
#10
On December 16 2016 17:06 Maxim wrote:
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed

in the games he won he dealt with them pretty well
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Argonauta
Profile Joined July 2016
Spain4967 Posts
December 16 2016 10:30 GMT
#11
I just dont understand why no spire, why dark? why????
Rogue | Maru | Scarlett | Trap
TL+ Member
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
December 16 2016 10:52 GMT
#12
On December 16 2016 17:06 Maxim wrote:
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed

The nail biting series of today where where the winner was decided in the last game?
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
December 16 2016 11:17 GMT
#13
On December 16 2016 17:06 Maxim wrote:
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed



This post makes me sad, because once again some people fail to see how good INnoVation is, and why he's at the top for almost 4 years, his macro and build refining is on par to none, he always led the TvZ meta and he IS a superior player.

So he wins 3-2 against Dark, and then it's the balance fault? gimme a break!

The funniest part is if Dark had won, some other fucktards will be ranting about new banelings or hydras or burrowed infestors being unbeatable

Stop being an idiot and see the skill of the player instead of looking desperatly for a balance issue to blame.
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Aquila Magna
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Germany38 Posts
December 16 2016 12:29 GMT
#14
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 16 2016 20:17 Gwavajuice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2016 17:06 Maxim wrote:
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed



This post makes me sad, because once again some people fail to see how good INnoVation is, and why he's at the top for almost 4 years, his macro and build refining is on par to none, he always led the TvZ meta and he IS a superior player.

So he wins 3-2 against Dark, and then it's the balance fault? gimme a break!

The funniest part is if Dark had won, some other fucktards will be ranting about new banelings or hydras or burrowed infestors being unbeatable

Stop being an idiot and see the skill of the player instead of looking desperatly for a balance issue to blame.


Thank you sir. I sooooo second this.
Semper fidelis.
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
December 16 2016 12:33 GMT
#15
Man, why do they have to air this shit so early in the evening.... I wanted to see this match.... stupid job.... stupid rent.... stupid life.....
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
PinoKotsBeer
Profile Joined February 2014
Netherlands1387 Posts
December 16 2016 12:41 GMT
#16
Great games
http://www.twitch.tv/pinokotsbeer
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
December 16 2016 13:05 GMT
#17
I really wish these high level tournaments were on at a reasonable hour for EST
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Eiltonn
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany307 Posts
December 16 2016 13:13 GMT
#18
On December 16 2016 20:17 Gwavajuice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 16 2016 17:06 Maxim wrote:
Well, I also think that there is no strong counter for the Cyclone right now. I watched the games and I think the amount of Cyclones terran can get out of 2 factories can hardly be matched by a Zerg without falling behind in economy (although I haven't considered spines and I'm not sure how Cyclones do vs spines).
I really felt for Dark when I saw his different approaches on how to deal with them failed



This post makes me sad, because once again some people fail to see how good INnoVation is, and why he's at the top for almost 4 years, his macro and build refining is on par to none, he always led the TvZ meta and he IS a superior player.

So he wins 3-2 against Dark, and then it's the balance fault? gimme a break!

The funniest part is if Dark had won, some other fucktards will be ranting about new banelings or hydras or burrowed infestors being unbeatable

Stop being an idiot and see the skill of the player instead of looking desperatly for a balance issue to blame.


Innovation is an amazing player. But i remember reading an article here on TL claiming that he can only be truly succesful when meta favors him (Terran) and that he then goes on to destroy everything. Not 100% sure if thats right but cyclones look so retarded in the current game iteration. I havent been following SC2 too closely since LOTV but to me the new cyclone looks like a fking Warhound. I really cant say im happy about the games design lately. Also Blinding Cloud still seems to be quite a retarded ability design wise.
I <3 Mvp
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-12-16 13:46:41
December 16 2016 13:46 GMT
#19
shit, I was waiting for the vods to be released on sc2links but got spoilered anyway :/
I Protoss winner, could it be?
Ansibled
Profile Joined November 2014
United Kingdom9872 Posts
December 16 2016 13:47 GMT
#20
So was the quarter final the final or was the semi final the final?
'StarCraft is just a fairy tale told to scare children actually.'
TL+ Member
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 147
ZombieGrub64
NeuroSwarm 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14782
Calm 1716
scan(afreeca) 24
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King56
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4478
Liquid`Hasu647
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1889
shahzam610
WinterStarcraft353
RotterdaM333
C9.Mang0283
ToD272
Dewaltoss57
JuggernautJason47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 15
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1202
Other Games
• imaqtpie1071
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 52m
INu's Battles
13h 52m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 52m
OSC
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.