• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:12
CEST 08:12
KST 15:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8882 users

Jessica states she spent a half mil. for SlayerS - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 31 2016 01:48 GMT
#61
I would say something, but Jessica is the 4 chan of sc2. Don't say shit about her.
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
August 31 2016 01:56 GMT
#62
the amount of hate on jessica is unbelieveable.
boxer and her together build one of the most iconic and successful ESF team ever.

If it meant a not-so-likeable personality then so be it.
Maybe it does take a person like her to organise and manage this level of a team.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Lexender
Profile Joined September 2013
Mexico2665 Posts
August 31 2016 02:22 GMT
#63
On August 31 2016 02:54 sabas123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 02:46 RKC wrote:
Sustainable or not, Slayers has managed to groom sustainable talents - Dark, Taeja, Ryung, and even MMA (to a lesser extent - he shone brightly, but faded fast). Arguably the best ESL clan in terms of talent production?

I never quite followed the scandal and blow-up. Are any ex-Slayers players still in good terms with Boxer and Jessica? Or are they all like prodigal sons now?

Dark only really became good when he got in SKT, also what do you mean with ESL clan?


I think he means ESF, the org that handled SC2 in korea before Kespa switched to SC2.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 31 2016 03:17 GMT
#64
On August 31 2016 08:47 blamekilly wrote:
The sponsorship didn't kill SlayerS, the selfish players did. MMA thought Jessica and Boxer was taking his prize money. He also owed some money to his personal coach and when the coach asked him about the money, he threw an Nvidia card that he won from an online tournament at the coach.

what? for real? personally, I think the jessica hate is ridiculous. No one is saying she's not partially responsible for some of what went down especially if she has a controlling nature (based on other comments) but some of the comments I've read make it seem like all the players were goody-two shoes or something which I doubt.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-31 03:37:57
August 31 2016 03:36 GMT
#65
On August 31 2016 08:47 blamekilly wrote:
The sponsorship didn't kill SlayerS, the selfish players did. MMA thought Jessica and Boxer was taking his prize money. He also owed some money to his personal coach and when the coach asked him about the money, he threw an Nvidia card that he won from an online tournament at the coach.


The thing is that Ryu Won never corroborated this (he decided to stay entirely away from the drama), but later evidence shows he is still good friends with MMA.
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
RKC
Profile Joined June 2012
2848 Posts
August 31 2016 04:21 GMT
#66
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.
gg no re thx
Noonius
Profile Joined April 2012
Estonia17413 Posts
August 31 2016 04:33 GMT
#67
so that's why she acted like a bitchy team owner
Terran forever | Maru hater forever
Phredxor
Profile Joined May 2013
New Zealand15076 Posts
August 31 2016 05:29 GMT
#68
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.
RKC
Profile Joined June 2012
2848 Posts
August 31 2016 05:48 GMT
#69
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!
gg no re thx
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
August 31 2016 05:53 GMT
#70
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

Movie can be called:
"I came in second" loll
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
RKC
Profile Joined June 2012
2848 Posts
August 31 2016 08:03 GMT
#71
On August 31 2016 14:53 BigFan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

Movie can be called:
"I came in second" loll


Ouch lol

I can foresee many puns about dongs...
gg no re thx
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
August 31 2016 11:16 GMT
#72
On August 31 2016 08:47 blamekilly wrote:
The sponsorship didn't kill SlayerS, the selfish players did. MMA thought Jessica and Boxer was taking his prize money. He also owed some money to his personal coach and when the coach asked him about the money, he threw an Nvidia card that he won from an online tournament at the coach.

MMA seems like such a nice guy. hard to imagine this happening
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-31 14:09:30
August 31 2016 14:09 GMT
#73
On August 31 2016 20:16 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 08:47 blamekilly wrote:
The sponsorship didn't kill SlayerS, the selfish players did. MMA thought Jessica and Boxer was taking his prize money. He also owed some money to his personal coach and when the coach asked him about the money, he threw an Nvidia card that he won from an online tournament at the coach.

MMA seems like such a nice guy. hard to imagine this happening


The SlayerS drama is all he-said, she-said. While I'm sure tempered flared and relationships were strained, hard to verify any specific events. A lot of rumors going around and many people have agendas - best to ignore. After all, this took place 4 years ago
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Jett.Jack.Alvir
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada2250 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-31 15:32:05
August 31 2016 15:30 GMT
#74
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

herO has the cute factor going for him. In the archetype of the boy band, herO would be casted as the 'Cute One' often to balance the look of the band against the 'Bad Boy' archetype. Zest might be a good cast for the 'Bad Boy'.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
August 31 2016 16:01 GMT
#75
On September 01 2016 00:30 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

herO has the cute factor going for him. In the archetype of the boy band, herO would be casted as the 'Cute One' often to balance the look of the band against the 'Bad Boy' archetype. Zest might be a good cast for the 'Bad Boy'.

I wish they still did frequent photo-shoots since the Nada's Body thread has been a bit bare of new material as of late
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 31 2016 16:05 GMT
#76
On September 01 2016 01:01 eviltomahawk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2016 00:30 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

herO has the cute factor going for him. In the archetype of the boy band, herO would be casted as the 'Cute One' often to balance the look of the band against the 'Bad Boy' archetype. Zest might be a good cast for the 'Bad Boy'.

I wish they still did frequent photo-shoots since the Nada's Body thread has been a bit bare of new material as of late

Yeah seriously. Best thread on TL.
kiss kiss fall in love
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-08-31 16:21:19
August 31 2016 16:15 GMT
#77
Saying you spend money on something doesn't necessarily tell the whole story. If you spend $500k on a team maybe you made 600k and made a net gain of 100k. Maybe you spent 500k and made 400k so your net loss is 100k.

Riot still insists that they run LCS at a loss even though it's clearly a way to get their game some exposure. Surely Jessica didn't just pour 500k down the drain. Can't imagine just flat out lost all of his 250k on Axiom either. Maybe... but hell that would suck. I know that Axiom operated at a loss but I hope they managed to get some of their money back.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
ilsamsamchil
Profile Joined September 2010
155 Posts
August 31 2016 16:19 GMT
#78

Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!


You actually made a mistake fucked up by leaving out Reach, he is the manliest man that that comes up in my head when I think of everyone I've seen from esports.
https://www.twitch.tv/ShowbuTV
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
August 31 2016 16:26 GMT
#79
On September 01 2016 01:05 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2016 01:01 eviltomahawk wrote:
On September 01 2016 00:30 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

herO has the cute factor going for him. In the archetype of the boy band, herO would be casted as the 'Cute One' often to balance the look of the band against the 'Bad Boy' archetype. Zest might be a good cast for the 'Bad Boy'.

I wish they still did frequent photo-shoots since the Nada's Body thread has been a bit bare of new material as of late

Yeah seriously. Best thread on TL.

You do know Nada isn't a white girl right?
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 31 2016 16:42 GMT
#80
On September 01 2016 01:26 Cricketer12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2016 01:05 IntoTheheart wrote:
On September 01 2016 01:01 eviltomahawk wrote:
On September 01 2016 00:30 Jett.Jack.Alvir wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:48 RKC wrote:
On August 31 2016 14:29 Phredxor wrote:
On August 31 2016 13:21 RKC wrote:
Okay, so from what I'm hearing, and what most people are generally agreeing - Jessica can be quite a high-strung high-maintenance drama queen. I won't judge whether that's done more harm than the good she has done all round.

But if that is true, what intrigues me then is how in the world she fell for Boxer and married him? I understand that Koreans do accord pro-gamers with more respect and love than most other communities in the world. But I doubt it's at the same level of real-life sportsmen like Park Ji-Sung (a footballer who married a famous TV show host in a high-profile celeb coupling). Sorry, I'm not trying to look down on Boxer here, but there does seem to be a gulf of social class between Jessica and him. Pro-gamers are not the most sociable lot, and usually come from humble backgrounds. Jessica is a modern-day aristocrat. I can imagine her family and friends raising eyebrows. Yes, it's almost like Prince William marrying Kate Middleton. Except that in Asian cultures, breaking social barriers is even tougher.

Am I missing something about Korean culture? Am I being too harsh and judgy?

Anyway, I really feel happy for Boxer! As a fellow geek, stories like this warms my heart.


Have you seen how handsome Boxer is? That would help.


Fair enough. There should be a PR on hottest BW/SC2 players. Boxer, Bisu, Zest, herO... who else?

It would be funny if Yellow was also chasing Jessica and lost out. That would make such an epic fan-fic!

herO has the cute factor going for him. In the archetype of the boy band, herO would be casted as the 'Cute One' often to balance the look of the band against the 'Bad Boy' archetype. Zest might be a good cast for the 'Bad Boy'.

I wish they still did frequent photo-shoots since the Nada's Body thread has been a bit bare of new material as of late

Yeah seriously. Best thread on TL.

You do know Nada isn't a white girl right?

A man can dream.
kiss kiss fall in love
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 182
ProTech129
Nina 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 238
Dewaltoss 116
Bale 37
ZergMaN 23
Noble 16
sSak 8
Icarus 8
NotJumperer 1
League of Legends
JimRising 713
Other Games
summit1g10859
Sick185
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick850
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2196
League of Legends
• Rush1189
• Lourlo1122
• Stunt237
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
9h 48m
Replay Cast
16h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 4h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.