• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7419 users

Life and Bbyong charged with match-fixing - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
308 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 21 2016 08:33 GMT
#121
On April 21 2016 17:22 Incognoto wrote:
Pray tell me how you're supposed to quit smoking without not lighting cigarrettes?

The person doing the heavy lifting when it comes to stopping addiction at all is always the person who is addicted in the first place. They should have the common sense to know that it's an issue and go out of their way to seek help when they need it. The same thing applies to depression or any other addiction.

Don't blame your doctor because you have cancer because you smoke, don't blame KeSPA because Life possibly gambled away his earnings.

Don't blame anyone because you're too fucking stupid to know not to start drugs or gambling.

Do go out of your way to seek help to break an addiction.

Do NOT blame others because you have an addiction.

Either way this is off topic and irrelevant to the topic at hand. Would be better to remain on topic.

It's not just about common sense, it's a mental health issue, if it was so easy to stop people would.
Moderatorlickypiddy
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-21 08:38:40
April 21 2016 08:33 GMT
#122
On April 21 2016 17:29 bduddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 16:45 deacon.frost wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:41 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:40 deacon.frost wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:36 bduddy wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:32 opisska wrote:
Maybe you will call it heresy, but I am not really too offended with someone throwing a game in a series they won at the end anyway. It doesn't really change anything while allowing a player to get a nice side income.

Can you ban people for making posts this incredibly stupid?

I don't find anything stupid on it. Life won the match with throwing a map here and there. As long as it doesn't affect the final result I am OK with it.


Do you feel ok about point shaving, then?

What is point shaving?
Point shaving is trying to reduce your winning margin in games with a point spread. It's most commonly done in basketball because of the high scores. Basically, a team that's favored to win by 20 will, late in the game if they're guaranteed to win, stop playing as hard and try to win by less than 20.


Why?

@Novemberstorm I'm done discussing that topic, thanks.
maru lover forever
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
April 21 2016 08:35 GMT
#123
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 21 2016 08:36 GMT
#124
On April 21 2016 17:35 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?


pretty sure this has been an open secret for a long time
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
stardog
Profile Joined August 2011
556 Posts
April 21 2016 08:39 GMT
#125
On April 21 2016 17:01 Incognoto wrote:
I'm pretty bummed out, can hardly begin to imagine what some people are thinking at this point, especially guys like Zealously.

Can't even imagine to begin how I'd feel like right now if it were Maru. Pretty betrayed, I guess.

It's awful. Life was my favorite progamer, seeing him play would always bring this extra level of excitement. I haven't had much hope that he's innocent since the first accusations and the Korean scene became bland to me all of a sudden. There are other players I like but it has always been Life, then the rest. I'm actually surprised it hit me so hard but it did.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
April 21 2016 08:41 GMT
#126
On April 21 2016 17:36 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:35 Caihead wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?


pretty sure this has been an open secret for a long time


I've literally never seen the word "Life" and "gambling" in the same sentence on this site and I've been around for a while.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
boxerfred
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Germany8360 Posts
April 21 2016 08:42 GMT
#127
Okay, that puts the nail in the coffin for me, finally. I'm not even mad or angry. Be it Prime fixing, Life arrested, WCS changes, LotV as a game that I lost grip on - it's still speculative, I know, but this does not look like Life is guilty. I've been a Life fan, Life was the one inspiring me to play zerg, I cheered for this prodigy over and over again.

I have devoted whole days and weeks to this game. I would spend the whole night awake to be able to watch GSL finals. I'd tryhard to become masters again back in HotS, although I never managed to do it after WoL again. I loved the campaign, I loved everything about this game.

But yeah, that's it. I had my good times, my bad times, I've been constructive (sometimes), I've been toxic (more often ever since WCS changes came), I've had my great discussions and my sick fights. I think it's time to delete my account.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-21 08:44:39
April 21 2016 08:44 GMT
#128
On April 21 2016 17:41 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:36 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:35 Caihead wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?


pretty sure this has been an open secret for a long time


I've literally never seen the word "Life" and "gambling" in the same sentence on this site and I've been around for a while.

I've seen it swirled around in chats a bit, no idea how bad it was.
Moderatorlickypiddy
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 21 2016 08:45 GMT
#129
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
SuperHofmann
Profile Joined September 2013
Italy1741 Posts
April 21 2016 08:46 GMT
#130
so it is about Life and Bbyong? or Life and? :-(
Vasacast always in my <3
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 21 2016 08:49 GMT
#131
On April 21 2016 17:45 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time


Don't do it Boxerfred! Seriously don't. Just take a break and come back later.
maru lover forever
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
April 21 2016 08:49 GMT
#132
On April 21 2016 17:41 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:36 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:35 Caihead wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?


pretty sure this has been an open secret for a long time


I've literally never seen the word "Life" and "gambling" in the same sentence on this site and I've been around for a while.

It was mentioned several times in the Life match fixing thread at least.
I Protoss winner, could it be?
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 21 2016 08:49 GMT
#133
On April 21 2016 17:49 Incognoto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:45 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time


Don't do it Boxerfred! Seriously don't. Just take a break and come back later.


He asked for a ban and I obliged, but he can come back once he settles down.
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
April 21 2016 08:50 GMT
#134
On April 21 2016 17:41 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:36 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:35 Caihead wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:03 stuchiu wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:00 Yorkie wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:59 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:58 HolydaKing wrote:
On April 21 2016 16:55 lichter wrote:
A better support structure is what is necessary. How do you raise a kid that's earned 400k and then let him squander it all away on vice and gambling?

I heard he gave basically all of his prize money to his parents, not sure if true. So perhaps he wasn't quite that rich.


It's a widely known "secret" that he had gambling problems

It's Mvp that bought his parents a house.

Still a big leap to say that he gambled literally all of his money away lol


MC confirmed he saw him gamble 20000 away in one night. Make of that what you will.


Why am I hearing about Life's gambling issues now and not years ago?


pretty sure this has been an open secret for a long time


I've literally never seen the word "Life" and "gambling" in the same sentence on this site and I've been around for a while.

It's been around and said a bunch.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-04-21 08:52:07
April 21 2016 08:50 GMT
#135
On April 21 2016 17:49 Incognoto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:45 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time


Don't do it Boxerfred! Seriously don't. Just take a break and come back later.

yeah I know leaving is the easy thing to do but in those rough times we need to stay strong and united

depressed as well by the news, but I still believe SC2 will know good days
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
April 21 2016 08:51 GMT
#136
To people saying it's Kespa / Blizzard's fault for not compensating the players well enough:

Raising monetary compensation isn't always going to have a directly positive impact. If you gave a financially irresponsible person even more money it can have a negative effect (which I'm being told Life apparently was). And if there was more money being pumped into an industry that just means the auxiliary (and illegal) industries around it gets more cash flow too. Often when you get to the higher range of compensation it actually has a directly corrupting influence to put that much money into the hands of athletes and promotes frivolous cultures. The examples in sports entertainment athletes and organizations are numerous.

Unless the argument is that the players are being paid starvation or poverty wages inadequate of comparable standards of living to their peers I don't feel like this argument holds any water.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
April 21 2016 08:51 GMT
#137
On April 21 2016 17:49 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:49 Incognoto wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:45 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time


Don't do it Boxerfred! Seriously don't. Just take a break and come back later.


He asked for a ban and I obliged, but he can come back once he settles down.


Please delete "Wrath" account so I can request a name change for it
Incognoto
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
France10239 Posts
April 21 2016 08:51 GMT
#138
On April 21 2016 17:49 lichter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2016 17:49 Incognoto wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:45 lichter wrote:
On April 21 2016 17:42 boxerfred wrote:
I think it's time to delete my account.


we aren't gonna delete your account (it's too big a headache) but you can request a perm ban any time


Don't do it Boxerfred! Seriously don't. Just take a break and come back later.


He asked for a ban and I obliged, but he can come back once he settles down.


RIP T_T

Boxerfred, I've always liked you for your strong stance on WCS. I'm hoping you'll be back.
maru lover forever
Wrath
Profile Blog Joined July 2014
3175 Posts
April 21 2016 08:55 GMT
#139
Anyway am I the only one who want at least a Protoss to be caught in match fixing? Just one...
SeriousLus
Profile Joined July 2012
169 Posts
April 21 2016 08:55 GMT
#140
with the SC2 scene beeing what itz currently is i totally understand the reasons behind their actions..
also, f**k those kespa **zi* and bring back Life..

User was warned for this post
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
ProTech132
ViBE121
SpeCial 34
StarCraft: Brood War
910 74
NaDa 21
Dota 2
monkeys_forever419
canceldota138
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Other Games
summit1g6282
JimRising 399
C9.Mang0329
ToD109
PPMD35
JuggernautJason31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick784
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP46
• poizon28 38
• RyuSc2 21
• musti20045 17
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra969
Other Games
• imaqtpie861
• Shiphtur612
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
10h 15m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
17h 15m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
Patches Events
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.