• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:34
CEST 07:34
KST 14:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7491 users

GSL Code S Round of 16 Groups - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
115 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
March 17 2016 01:16 GMT
#81
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 21:01 Charoisaur wrote:
without Maru, INnoVation, PartinG, Life, sOs, Classic, Rain and Flash this looks quite lackluster compared to other ro16s.

I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?

No....
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
March 17 2016 01:22 GMT
#82
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 21:01 Charoisaur wrote:
without Maru, INnoVation, PartinG, Life, sOs, Classic, Rain and Flash this looks quite lackluster compared to other ro16s.

I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.
DonDomingo
Profile Joined October 2015
504 Posts
March 17 2016 01:23 GMT
#83
HYPE~~
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
March 17 2016 01:54 GMT
#84
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
[quote]
I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

I want to see that list (not that i necessarily disagree with that one, but you really have to factor in Flash's proleague performance as well, which was very good)
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-17 02:01:40
March 17 2016 01:56 GMT
#85
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 21:01 Charoisaur wrote:
without Maru, INnoVation, PartinG, Life, sOs, Classic, Rain and Flash this looks quite lackluster compared to other ro16s.

I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


After all the players mentioned in Stuichiu's GOAT and HotS GOAT list. He'd be up against (in no particular order):

HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

This is factoring in his SPL results which is what's largely helping him here.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16100 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-17 02:11:15
March 17 2016 02:02 GMT
#86
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
[quote]
I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

I think only Dear, HerO, Hyun and maybe Jaedong had better results than Flash
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-17 02:44:39
March 17 2016 02:43 GMT
#87
On March 17 2016 11:02 Charoisaur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
[quote]

It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

Show nested quote +
HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

I think only Dear, HerO, Hyun and maybe Jaedong had better results than Flash


These ten are obvious. Like, if you want to argue about that, I'm not even going to read it. Go to their result pages, then go to Flash's result page.
Mvp, MMA, INnoVation, Maru, Polt, Taeja, Bomber, jjakji, MarineKing, Dream

After that ranking becomes really hard without a system (which in itself goes to show how little flash accomplished). You'll have to start comparing what's more important, two Ro4 GSL or one non-GSL tournament win. 15 GSL seasons or a top 10 rank in alltime proleague statistics. And so on. Anyways, Flash is somewhere in a bulk of players with Puma, Gumiho, aLive, ForGG, Thorzain, Jinro and probably a few others I'm forgetting or I'm to lazy to look up.
MoonyD
Profile Joined December 2013
Australia191 Posts
March 17 2016 02:51 GMT
#88
I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.[/QUOTE]
okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

Challenge accepted!

15 terrans who are/were better than Flash:
MVP, MarineKing, Jjaki, Dream, Innovation, Taeja, TY, MMA, Polt, Maru,

If you count 'consistency':
Bomber (Redbull and Code S), Gumiho (SPL/Code S), Bbyong (SPL), Puma (Back in WoL) and SpeeD (if you believe in the hype) hahaha.
The world wants to be deceived
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
March 17 2016 02:54 GMT
#89
On March 17 2016 11:43 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 11:02 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
[quote]
I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

I think only Dear, HerO, Hyun and maybe Jaedong had better results than Flash


These ten are obvious. Like, if you want to argue about that, I'm not even going to read it. Go to their result pages, then go to Flash's result page.
Mvp, MMA, INnoVation, Maru, Polt, Taeja, Bomber, jjakji, MarineKing, Dream

After that ranking becomes really hard without a system (which in itself goes to show how little flash accomplished). You'll have to start comparing what's more important, two Ro4 GSL or one non-GSL tournament win. 15 GSL seasons or a top 10 rank in alltime proleague statistics. And so on. Anyways, Flash is somewhere in a bulk of players with Puma, Gumiho, aLive, ForGG, Thorzain, Jinro and probably a few others I'm forgetting or I'm to lazy to look up.

Jjakji and Gumiho are already arguable. Puma, Thorzain etc aren't at the same lvl as flash in sc2, no way
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
dNa
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany591 Posts
March 17 2016 03:03 GMT
#90
On March 16 2016 23:47 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 16 2016 23:43 dNa wrote:
Cure so underrated by most players, literally hasn't dropped a map yet since qualifiers. I really think he can win that group ^_^

Why would you arrive at the conclusion he's underrated by the other players? Nobody said he was easy to beat, and despite him being quiet for the entire show, he was the 3rd last player picked.


whelp, meant to say "most people", wrote that after waking up, my bad ;p
"a pitchfork is for hay. a trident is for killing bitches." -djwheat
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
March 17 2016 03:16 GMT
#91
On March 17 2016 11:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 11:43 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 11:02 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
[quote]
he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

I think only Dear, HerO, Hyun and maybe Jaedong had better results than Flash


These ten are obvious. Like, if you want to argue about that, I'm not even going to read it. Go to their result pages, then go to Flash's result page.
Mvp, MMA, INnoVation, Maru, Polt, Taeja, Bomber, jjakji, MarineKing, Dream

After that ranking becomes really hard without a system (which in itself goes to show how little flash accomplished). You'll have to start comparing what's more important, two Ro4 GSL or one non-GSL tournament win. 15 GSL seasons or a top 10 rank in alltime proleague statistics. And so on. Anyways, Flash is somewhere in a bulk of players with Puma, Gumiho, aLive, ForGG, Thorzain, Jinro and probably a few others I'm forgetting or I'm to lazy to look up.

Jjakji and Gumiho are already arguable. Puma, Thorzain etc aren't at the same lvl as flash in sc2, no way

Puma and Thorzain are both multiple Premier champions. Jjakji won a GSL (and had a few decent results afterwards that alone nearly match flash's premier performances)... last time I checked it was not possible to win something more important.
And I never said they were better players, I said they accomplished more/had better results. More recent players are always objectively better. Games evolve, Pele wouldnt even get to play for brazil these days. He is still the greatest.
BeStFAN
Profile Blog Joined April 2015
483 Posts
March 17 2016 03:33 GMT
#92
comparing flash to jjakji puma thorzain...

MARINEKING LOL...

...

if you want to account for an earlier more immature 2010-2011 era then i guess we better look at what flash was accomplishing in 2010 and 2011 :^)
❤ BeSt... ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA #YEAROFKOMA ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-17 04:05:32
March 17 2016 04:02 GMT
#93
On March 17 2016 12:16 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 11:54 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On March 17 2016 11:43 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 11:02 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
[quote]
Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

okay then name 15 terrans that are more accomplished than Flash

HerO, Dear, Symbol, HyuN, Curious, Solar, Stardust, Jaedong, San, Squirtle, First, Dream and probably several others I forgot.

I think only Dear, HerO, Hyun and maybe Jaedong had better results than Flash


These ten are obvious. Like, if you want to argue about that, I'm not even going to read it. Go to their result pages, then go to Flash's result page.
Mvp, MMA, INnoVation, Maru, Polt, Taeja, Bomber, jjakji, MarineKing, Dream

After that ranking becomes really hard without a system (which in itself goes to show how little flash accomplished). You'll have to start comparing what's more important, two Ro4 GSL or one non-GSL tournament win. 15 GSL seasons or a top 10 rank in alltime proleague statistics. And so on. Anyways, Flash is somewhere in a bulk of players with Puma, Gumiho, aLive, ForGG, Thorzain, Jinro and probably a few others I'm forgetting or I'm to lazy to look up.

Jjakji and Gumiho are already arguable. Puma, Thorzain etc aren't at the same lvl as flash in sc2, no way

Puma and Thorzain are both multiple Premier champions. Jjakji won a GSL (and had a few decent results afterwards that alone nearly match flash's premier performances)... last time I checked it was not possible to win something more important.
And I never said they were better players, I said they accomplished more/had better results. More recent players are always objectively better. Games evolve, Pele wouldnt even get to play for brazil these days. He is still the greatest.

Premier champions of tournaments in an way easier time period and tournaments with an easier competition compared to korean tournaments (or even weekend tournaments of today).
I absolutely believe you have to account for that when you wanna do a "best players of all time list" (or call it most accomplished)
Jjakji won a gsl in a time period where the lvl of play wasn't as strong, kespa wasn't even a thing in sc2 back then.
If we only look at results without any context you might be right, i simply think that is a bad way of doing this.
A GSL won in 2011 shouldn't be worth as much as a GSL won in 2015 imo. (not only because the lvl of play itself got way better, but also because of the kespa switch which basically forced the lvl to rise in a very short time period)
Which is also why i disagree with Pele being the greatest, but that is another topic^^

If we only ever look at titles / results alone then imagine if sc2 would have been played for 2 years in the west alone.
Like maybe 2009-2011. Let's say Idra would have won 90% of tournaments in that timeframe, would he really be regarded as the greatest even now? I don't think so.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
munch
Profile Joined July 2014
Mute City2363 Posts
March 17 2016 04:37 GMT
#94
Go watch jjakji vs leenock and tell me that gameplay was weaker back then
WriterForm is temporary, MMA is permanent || http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/508630-article-archive
Riner1212
Profile Joined November 2012
United States337 Posts
March 17 2016 05:11 GMT
#95
TY! will be the new terran saviour! GO TERRAN!
Sjow "pretty ez life as protoss"
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
March 17 2016 05:13 GMT
#96
On March 17 2016 13:37 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
Go watch jjakji vs leenock and tell me that gameplay was weaker back then

It was. We see better gameplay in ro16 matches these days, which doesn't mean that it wasn't exciting to watch. Imo you mistake one for the other
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Alarak89
Profile Joined January 2016
United States882 Posts
March 17 2016 05:29 GMT
#97
On March 17 2016 10:22 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 09:40 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 07:07 Cricketer12 wrote:
On March 17 2016 05:22 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:36 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 04:23 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 17 2016 03:09 Charoisaur wrote:
On March 17 2016 02:05 Alarak89 wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:59 Grizvok wrote:
On March 16 2016 22:56 Alarak89 wrote:
[quote]
I am pretty sure some of them will be back at gsl/ssl season 2 and dominate again. But some of them will never be back


It's just funny he says Flash when he was mediocre at SC2 his entire career.

I would say Flash was kind of OK during the year of 2013, or at least at the beginning of the HoTS. But after that, his performance slumped exponentially

he was only mediocre when compared to his BW standards. Just looking at his sc2 achievements (one of the best PL players in 2013/2014+ won a stacked IEM and got to the finals of an MLG and a HSC) he's easily top 10 terran all-time.

Oh yeah, he is definitely in top 10, or maybe even in top 5 Terran players. But I would say the performance level between top 3 Terran players (by top 3, you know who I mean) and the rest is HUGE, also there were so many "better" Protoss and Zerg players in HoTS, so his performance was not quite impressive overall to me.

I'm pretty sure if he had no BW success and his SC2 achievements would be all he had it would be generally seen as quite impressive.

Maybe you're right, I don't watch BW games so I don't know Flash before. IMO he might be among top 20 greatest players in SC2, but definitely not in top 10.

Just no...

OK then let me rephrase my words, maybe Flash is among top 30 greatest SC2 players, satisfied now?


I can probably name 15 players of each race of the top of my head that are more accomplished.

Don't forget to name 15 Protoss and Zerg players as well, I am just curious since I didn't watch WoL games
IMO there are only three terran, two zerg and five protoss players considered "greatest" HotS players, the rest are not in the same level compared to my "top 10" list
sOs is THE ONLY player I pay attention to
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
March 17 2016 05:53 GMT
#98
On March 17 2016 14:13 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 13:37 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
Go watch jjakji vs leenock and tell me that gameplay was weaker back then

It was. We see better gameplay in ro16 matches these days, which doesn't mean that it wasn't exciting to watch. Imo you mistake one for the other


Paralyze made a ro8, he was real not a figment of my imagination.
Moderator
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
March 17 2016 06:08 GMT
#99
On March 17 2016 14:53 stuchiu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2016 14:13 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On March 17 2016 13:37 thecrazymunchkin wrote:
Go watch jjakji vs leenock and tell me that gameplay was weaker back then

It was. We see better gameplay in ro16 matches these days, which doesn't mean that it wasn't exciting to watch. Imo you mistake one for the other


Paralyze made a ro8, he was real not a figment of my imagination.

And Choya made a ro8 in 2011. Obviously there is always some form of variance in sc2, still. The lvl of play we have now is simply way higher, it's not even comparable.
We also have a lot more potential s class players these days, which is also a reason why i think Mvp's success isn't as impressive as people say (in the context of sc2 as a whole; obviously Mvp is still one of the greatest though, but the clear number one? I don't know about that)

But this is mainly about Flash in the context of all other sc2 players ever, imo he deserves a higher ranking than Puma for sure. Jjakji might be arguable because of his one code s win, but even there Flash probably edges him out imo.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
bringBackDarkarChons
Profile Joined January 2015
Japan5 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-03-17 06:14:09
March 17 2016 06:13 GMT
#100
imo Taeja already won last night even if he goes 0:4 later.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 465
Hyuk 458
Leta 115
Icarus 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 734
Other Games
summit1g9953
WinterStarcraft413
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick927
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Rush1369
• Lourlo1060
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 26m
INu's Battles
6h 26m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 26m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 26m
Replay Cast
17h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.