• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:43
CEST 03:43
KST 10:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9577 users

DH Leipzig: The WCS Circuit Begins - 2016 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
93 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
January 22 2016 10:00 GMT
#21
ceaseless cold war

Doesn't seem that cold to me, eh
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Makro
Profile Joined March 2011
France16890 Posts
January 22 2016 10:02 GMT
#22
nice read

may the baguette, firegod and godchio prevail
Matthew 5:10 "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of shitposting, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven".
TL+ Member
MalditoKyo
Profile Joined October 2010
France76 Posts
January 22 2016 11:29 GMT
#23
Very good article.
It's really unfortunate to see that in order to be able to survive, the foreigners need to have their own tournament without Koreans. It shows not only that we are unable to compete at the same level, but we cannot reach it without this region lock, which saddens me even more.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
January 22 2016 11:35 GMT
#24
One event won't be enough to say how successful this system is anyway, it needs some time. We'll have to see if Blizzard and the events can build a story over the year.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Swisslink
Profile Joined March 2011
2958 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-22 12:29:55
January 22 2016 12:26 GMT
#25
On January 22 2016 17:18 _fool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 22 2016 15:44 Incognoto wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry as if I'm going to watch an event which discriminates Korean players. :/

the first false tournament of 2016, what can i say?

sorry if this isn't the type of positive remark you'd like to hear, but i think being silent about something unfair might just be the wrong call here

I'm torn on this one.

I don't think Blizzard made the right call with excluding Koreans. Removing the highest level of competition is disappointing for players and viewers alike.

However, boycotting this tournament (and more to come) will most likely not result in Blizzard admitting they're wrong about it. If anything, viewer numbers dwindling will cause sponsors to reconsider their support of the SC2 scene. And losing big sponsors would be the death blow to many a pro team.


Well, not exactly. You forget that there's an option for WCS Global Events including Koreans. So if DreamHack Leipzig is a huge flop, some organizers might reconsider their status in the WCS environment and Blizzard might start supporting those WCS Global Events same as they support the WCS Circuit Events.

Meaning: boycotting might just be the way to go if you're disappointed with the current format. I for one will not watch a game of it. Not really as an intended boycott, but I'm just not interested in foreigner only tournaments. I've never been and I probably won't ever be. For me, DreamHack, IEM etc. have always been hype because of the chance for some foreigners to upset some Koreans - and that's just gone now.
Clonester
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany2808 Posts
January 22 2016 13:16 GMT
#26
After GSl is over, lets go, CS:GO.

Sorry SC II, but it seems, every relationship has to end at one point, and this seems to be then between your weekenders and my viewing. Farewell, I know, you cant change and you know, I dont want to change... so maybe, again, in another time, but now it is over.
Bomber, Attacker, DD, SOMEBODY, NiKo, Nex, Spidii
BoYoB
Profile Joined March 2011
France83 Posts
January 22 2016 13:41 GMT
#27
On January 22 2016 16:14 Boucot wrote:
Baguettes, assemble !

Assemblage !
OrangeGarage
Profile Joined October 2015
Korea (South)319 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-22 13:47:54
January 22 2016 13:46 GMT
#28
Foreigner hype- but can it be hype when there isn't any hefty competition around? "I beat Hydra" can't be used forever. The problem is like Dear said in his interview today. (When asked why ask for Adept nerf when he has better chance of winning GSL without it) "Nobody's going to respect a winner like that. The players won't want such a disgraceful victory either." The words "He won IEM 3 times" won't hold as much merit, because there weren't any top class Koreans in there.
I am drone! My dream is Hatchery!
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
January 22 2016 13:58 GMT
#29
Lilbow a contender? Someone hasn't been following lilbow since wcs finals last year.


+ Show Spoiler +

now that I say this he's gonna miraculously win the tournament somehow
OrangeGarage
Profile Joined October 2015
Korea (South)319 Posts
January 22 2016 13:58 GMT
#30
On January 22 2016 22:58 travis wrote:
Lilbow a contender? Someone hasn't been following lilbow since wcs finals last year.


+ Show Spoiler +

now that I say this he's gonna miraculously win the tournament somehow

Dude he has been practicing for this tourney last DH
I am drone! My dream is Hatchery!
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
January 22 2016 14:23 GMT
#31
Surely neeb deserved a mention under "The Young".
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
MaCRo.gg
Profile Joined June 2015
Korea (South)860 Posts
January 22 2016 14:26 GMT
#32
On January 22 2016 15:44 Incognoto wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry as if I'm going to watch an event which discriminates Korean players. :/

the first false tournament of 2016, what can i say?

sorry if this isn't the type of positive remark you'd like to hear, but i think being silent about something unfair might just be the wrong call here


Couldn't agree more.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
January 22 2016 14:36 GMT
#33
Focussing on the positive, it's going to be a blast to wholeheartedly root for HuK, Scarlett and TLO once more!
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
diabcockiful
Profile Joined January 2016
22 Posts
January 22 2016 14:41 GMT
#34
On January 22 2016 15:44 Incognoto wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry as if I'm going to watch an event which discriminates Korean players. :/

the first false tournament of 2016, what can i say?

sorry if this isn't the type of positive remark you'd like to hear, but i think being silent about something unfair might just be the wrong call here


Give it a rest, they are trying something new and Koreans ALWAYS win...oh and don't watch, I think the viewer #'s will be phenomenal without ya
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 22 2016 14:57 GMT
#35
*yawn* the downtime in between games plus the lack of high level SC2 is going to a bad way to start off 2016. Games are going to be over quickly then we'll have 40 minutes showing the schedule.
MalditoKyo
Profile Joined October 2010
France76 Posts
January 22 2016 15:26 GMT
#36
Is it even a real Dreamhack without Koreans? I really wonder when I see all these names that I've never heard of before and goes 0-4...
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16100 Posts
January 22 2016 15:30 GMT
#37
Not watching this tournament.
Why should I be worried that dreamhack might drop sc2, no DH at all wouldn't be much worse than DH with no koreans. If I want to watch low level games I can just watch my friends play each other.
Better boycotting this tournament than supporting discrimination.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
January 22 2016 15:34 GMT
#38
On January 23 2016 00:30 Charoisaur wrote:
Not watching this tournament.
Why should I be worried that dreamhack might drop sc2, no DH at all wouldn't be much worse than DH with no koreans. If I want to watch low level games I can just watch my friends play each other.
Better boycotting this tournament than supporting discrimination.

This reminded me Khaldor saying "and don't start on me with racism, I am from Germany, we invented that shit"
(It was his video blog about racism in Korea)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-22 15:38:37
January 22 2016 15:36 GMT
#39
On January 23 2016 00:30 Charoisaur wrote:
Not watching this tournament.
Why should I be worried that dreamhack might drop sc2, no DH at all wouldn't be much worse than DH with no koreans. If I want to watch low level games I can just watch my friends play each other.
Better boycotting this tournament than supporting discrimination.


Yes because your friends are GM level players that can easily compete against Koreans as well... If you want to watch Koreans play, go watch PL or any Korean SC2 channel. If you're not watching the tournament then we don't need your opinion on why you don't want to watch. The whole point is to allow other foreigners get a chance - which I'm fucking glad. I'm glad that I get to see new players for once rather than the same shit. I hope you realize, without the foreign scene, the Korean scene is dead too.

It's people like you that are killing SC2.
Life?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-22 15:47:20
January 22 2016 15:42 GMT
#40
On January 23 2016 00:36 ShoCkeyy wrote:
If you're not watching the tournament then we don't need your opinion on why you don't want to watch.

I assume organizers would in fact want feedback as to why people aren't watching their tournaments. That's the only way they can find out how to improve, after all.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 56
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9460
JimRising 704
ViBE142
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS46
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1321
BasetradeTV170
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 17m
INu's Battles
10h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 17m
Replay Cast
21h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.