• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6576 users

[Interviews] 2014 GSL Season 2 Code S Ro4 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
25 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-29 19:31:36
June 20 2014 21:16 GMT
#1
[image loading]

2014 GSL Season 2 Interviews:
Code A Qualifiers
Code A Winners
Code S Ro32 Winners
Code S Ro16 Winners
Code S Ro8 Winners
Code S Ro4 Winners
2014 GSL Season 2 Grand Finals Winner

Day 1 Winner:
(P)Classic

Day 2 Winner:
(Z)soO



(P)SK Telecom T1 Classic

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

How do you feel about advancing to the finals for the first time ever for individual leagues??

Maru is such an excellent player so I honestly didn’t think I was going to make it through. But I’m so glad that I was able to advance through, and now I really feel it since I finally get to participate in the finals and not just watch it on TV.

Anything you did specifically to prepare for Maru?

Maru is so good at medivac plays, so I decided to play defensively and aim for the late game. But his aggressiveness was so much stronger than I had anticipated, so I got flustered. I was initially planning on utilizing phoenixes again for the final game but his responses to them were just too good. That’s why I think my decisions to improvise my build order was a good one.

You showed us a very daring one gate into triple nexus play for game one.

Once I saw that Maru was going for a no rax dual CC, I decided to improvise. I knew he was going to go for a barracks style of play so I went for a triple nexus build. Even though I had the advantage early on, Maru’s resistance was really powerful towards the middle. But I’m relieved that I was able to win. If I had lost, things would have gotten very difficult for me.

You frequently showed us a phoenix/colossus composition play today. Why did you keep doing this build?

I was anticipating ahead of time for Maru’s medivacs. So I went for phoenixes so that I could have air control but as it turned out, I needed to refine that build order more.

You seemed to be in a good position for game four on Habitation Station because of your oracle play, but then you were crushed afterwards because of a doom drop. What were you feeling then?

Honestly, I would have won that game had I just held that one timing attack. I felt down after I lost game four, but I was able to recover since I won game five by playing patiently.

You will face a Zerg player for the finals. Is there a chance that your style has been greatly exposed since you tend to show sky Protoss plays a lot?

Honestly, I’m worried about that part as well. But I still have time so I am going to prepare extensively so I can show some new styles.

Out of soo and TRUE, who would you prefer advanced through?

TRUE plays such a unique style that it would be cumbersome to face him, but none the less, I feel very confident. I’m sure a fun match will play out even if soO does advance. I also think we could paint a funny picture if soO grabbed second place three seasons in a row (laughs).

After your pro gamer debut six years ago, you have now finally made it to a finals for an individual league. You must be feeling something completely different than everyone else.

I heard that it took me 1821 days for me to get here. Honestly, I actually thought to myself, “What have I been doing these past six years?” But still, I think it’s incredible that I made it to a finals. I want to take full advantage of this opportunity and grab the championship.

With your GSL finals appearance, you also secured a seed for the KeSPA cup.

I had absolutely no idea. Today really was the most important day out of my entire pro gaming career. That’s what I told myself as I worked hard to prepare. I was able to really feel the notion that hard work does not betray you.

It seems like you have been winning constantly ever since your switch to Protoss. Why did you switch to Protoss?

When I first tried out SC2, Protoss looked really fun and flashy. But I figured that it would be impossible for me to race switch right away so I chose to stick with Terran. But after practicing, I was able to see that SC2 Terran just doesn’t fit me well.
Then, once HotS came out, I was able to get about a month to figure things out. That’s when my life changed. It was really an earnest moment for me. As I began to practice Protoss, I told myself that if I didn’t make it this time, then it would be the end for me. Also, the style of Protoss really fits me well.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice. I also want to thank Acer’s INnoVation for helping me with practice. Even though it took me forever to get to a finals, my fans still waited for me and cheered me on so I want to thank them for that. I really want to show everyone a picture of myself holding the championship cup no matter what.

(Z)SK Telecom T1 soO

[image loading]

Source: inven eSports

How do you feel about advancing to a finals three seasons in a row?

Even though this will be third finals appearance three seasons in a row, I didn’t think that I’d accomplished something amazing. It wasn’t until Classic hyung told me that he had no idea it was this difficult to get to a finals and that he was amazed at what I achieved, that I realized that I actually did achieve something amazing. I’m proud of myself.

You probably expected Zest to advance through. What were you thinking during that time?

Since I had already lost to Zest twice during a big tournament, I saw this as an opportunity for him to not advance through. I was disappointed that Zest got eliminated but things were okay in the end in my opinion since TRUE, who I’m close with, advanced.

After taking down Solar in the quarter-finals with a perfect performance, you then went on to face TRUE for the semis. What were you feeling then?

I didn’t watch any of TRUE’s LIVE performances. Mainly because I was so sure that Zest was going to win (laughs). I turned it off after I saw that TRUE lost game one because I thought for sure that Zest was going to advance through. Then later on, my teammates started cheering and told me that TRUE won. In a dazed state, I ended up cheering along with them (laughs).

TRUE attempted the supply trick. Did you know about it?

I had no idea at first. But once I scouted him, there were signs that he had canceled something. I just thought that he canceled some buildings, but then I noticed that he was on par with me during the battles. I initially felt that TRUE was really good at doing battles, but since the end result is like this, perhaps his battles are not as good as I thought.

It also looked like you were ahead in the mind games. What did you think?

I scouted TRUE’s base with my overlord and I noticed that he wasn’t getting any gas. After thinking to myself, “what is this?” and then I guess correctly what he was up to. Other than that, I really had no way of seeing what TRUE was up to.

Did you prepare specifically for TRUE’s surround style?

I faced him before for the Ro32. Since I had the image of him surrounding me from before, I decided to play it as safe as possible, but then I still ended up losing. I was later on able to realize that his style wasn’t just about surrounding me, so I decided to just proceed through without difficulty this time around. Rather than just focus on responding to his surround style, I prepared for all kinds of possibilities.

Recently, you have been standing out because of your ZvZ performances. Do you take any pride in your ZvZ performances?

I know that I am good at the matchup, but I also think it’s because I know a lot of build orders. Since I know a lot of build orders, I have a lot of options. Skill wise, things are pretty similar. Since I had the mindset that I would win as long as I didn’t have to face any hive units as I kept on defending, things flowed just like I thought they would.

You will face Classic for the finals. This will be your third time facing a Protoss in the finals. How do you feel?

Even though I feel bad about what happened during last season’s finals, I think something like that was actually able to strengthen me. During last season, I learned that things were very difficult for me during the late game stages. I wasn’t able to handle the pressure mentally so I ended up throwing a lot. As long as I don’t do that, I can win.

If you do lose again, you will set a record for finishing second three seasons in a row. Isn’t that burdensome?

Rather than put burden on me, that kind of title actually makes me drop my guard. Since I keep hearing about my second place finishes, I sometimes find myself thinking that second place is not that bad. I shouldn’t think this way, but I still get influenced by it. I need to be aware of the fact that I should do my best to not keep thinking about this since that’s what people keep saying around me. Even my friends do this.

If you had to compare yourself with Classic?

I think I’m the strong one. I won’t say anything like I wouldn’t ever lose, but Classic hyung has too many strong features about himself. Even though he doesn’t reveal everything he knows during televised matches, I am still plenty aware of all of his features. I am going to expose his weaknesses. I am not scared at all. I think I’m on top for this one.

Who is going to help you practice?

I have Rain, PartinG, and ParalyzE at my disposal. But he has Soulkey hyung and Dark so it’s not going to be easy (laughs). Back at the team house, I share a room with two people but Classic hyung sleeps alone. I get to sleep real close to ParalyzE and Soulkey hyung. I think that might give me an advantage (laughs).

It’s been 10 years since an SKT finals occurred. How do you feel about becoming the person to make this happen again?

Even though I am a person to have made history, I feel like I am always a secondary character in these situations. This time, I want to become the main character.

What do you think the final score will be?

I think even a 4-0 is a possibility.

Are you disappointed that the finals will be at the GOM studio?

I am disappointed, but I’m sure the situation was a difficult one to figure out. So even though I’m disappointed, I think things will be fine once it ends.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to apologize to TRUE. I hope we can still be close after this (laughs). There was a chance for me to go on a tilt after losing game three, but since the coach and the supervisor were able to catch me before I fell, it helped me out greatly. I want to let them know that I am grateful for that. I am also thankful to the fans who always come to cheer me on. I hope a lot of them will come for the finals as well.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
June 20 2014 21:27 GMT
#2
It seems practicing against INnoVatioN was fruitful. I really liked the way Classic played during that match (Maru didn't look as good as usual though), he seemed to have studied Maru style really well.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
June 20 2014 21:30 GMT
#3
STX Soul so strong.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
June 20 2014 21:38 GMT
#4
Great interview. Intelligent hard work and patience was the key, eh? Gogo, Classic!
KT best KT ~ 2014
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
June 20 2014 23:00 GMT
#5
Thanks Seeker, I'm glad soO realizes how amazing it is to reach the final 3 times (let alone in a row). It's also funny what good practices partner's they're gonna have. Soulkey gonna whip Classic into soO-killing shape.
Refer to my post.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
June 20 2014 23:16 GMT
#6
thanks Seeker! Good on Classic to advance. I can't imagine how excited he must be to play in the finals. Wonder if soO will manage to quiet his demons and win the finals or not.
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
June 20 2014 23:28 GMT
#7
INnoVation gets his revenge on Maru by training Classic haha
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
June 20 2014 23:48 GMT
#8
Let's try to imagine how great a finals between two amazing players who trained respectively against the likes of Rain and PartinG / Soulkey and Dark at the match-up they're going to play can be... I'm more hyped than ever.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-20 23:58:02
June 20 2014 23:57 GMT
#9
I'm so torn. I want soO to win because it's his third try, but classic is a really nice guy too. They are both great people outside the game.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
June 20 2014 23:59 GMT
#10
Can someone enlighten me on what the supply trick is? Thanks!
Emerson_H
Profile Joined March 2014
United States460 Posts
June 21 2014 00:00 GMT
#11
Innovation defeats Maru!! hehe
caznitch
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada645 Posts
June 21 2014 00:05 GMT
#12
Innovation you traitor to your race
why?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
June 21 2014 00:30 GMT
#13
When I stop playing and following the scene religiously is when Protoss starts dominating all the tournaments. My luck eh?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
June 21 2014 00:31 GMT
#14
On June 21 2014 08:59 fezvez wrote:
Can someone enlighten me on what the supply trick is? Thanks!

be at 200 supply, use drones to build structures, build units, cancel building -> u have more than 200 supply
i think true got like 230/200 supply
TL+ Member
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
June 21 2014 01:07 GMT
#15
Very nice interviews, especially the SoO's one. Thanks Seeker!

When you think about it, it really is amazing that Classic will train with Soulkey and Dark, whole SoO will train with Paralyze, Rain and PartinG. I can't wait for the finals, I hope we can see some really amazing games, and I hope that players won't be nervous.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
June 21 2014 01:15 GMT
#16
Can't believe it's not zest vs soo for final t t
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Redrot
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
United States446 Posts
June 21 2014 02:49 GMT
#17
So the third time in a row soO is playing a protoss who, while considered good, is not considered the top player of the race. If legend has it, classic will win and then become the most dominant toss in the scene for a few months and then fade into obscurity.

I really hope soO takes it. To a lot of people he isn't considered a top 3 zerg still and a GSL would change that entirely.
I root for CJ because their fb posts are hilarious
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
June 21 2014 05:25 GMT
#18
On June 21 2014 08:48 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Let's try to imagine how great a finals between two amazing players who trained respectively against the likes of Rain and PartinG / Soulkey and Dark at the match-up they're going to play can be... I'm more hyped than ever.


It's a team kill though, so usually bad, weird stuff happens c.f. sOs vs Soulkey.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
meenamjah
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada51 Posts
June 21 2014 06:16 GMT
#19
On June 21 2014 14:25 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2014 08:48 [PkF] Wire wrote:
Let's try to imagine how great a finals between two amazing players who trained respectively against the likes of Rain and PartinG / Soulkey and Dark at the match-up they're going to play can be... I'm more hyped than ever.


It's a team kill though, so usually bad, weird stuff happens c.f. sOs vs Soulkey.


Yeah... those were some hideous games, with mind games upon mind games turning into a complete mess.
strange to see one of these two win the title from T1... I guess training with elite players has its benefits.
Never delay until tomorrow what you can delay until next week.
jubil
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2602 Posts
June 21 2014 06:53 GMT
#20
Well, I just hope that with a teamkill finals the atmosphere in the teamhouse doesn't get too awkward, with the practice partners too.
Marineking-Polt-Maru-Fantasy-Solar-Xenocider-Suppy fighting!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 177
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1274
Bisu 962
Soma 432
hero 183
EffOrt 149
HiyA 89
Pusan 85
ZerO 44
Killer 33
sorry 29
[ Show more ]
Mong 25
Bale 22
Rush 20
Shinee 17
Sharp 15
Noble 14
soO 13
Terrorterran 12
JulyZerg 9
Counter-Strike
edward55
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft810
crisheroes630
Other Games
gofns42257
olofmeister1165
singsing1119
ceh9565
Livibee216
Pyrionflax126
ArmadaUGS49
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick506
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream443
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH334
• StrangeGG 34
• LUISG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2382
League of Legends
• Jankos1551
• Rush1476
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
32m
Afreeca Starleague
32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 32m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.