• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:11
CEST 22:11
KST 05:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5927 users

SC2 Power Rank - December 2013 - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
390 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
uThermal
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands165 Posts
December 03 2013 22:36 GMT
#101
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.
Team Liquid
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
December 03 2013 22:37 GMT
#102
Taeja is putting up BW Flash-esqu numbers right now. There is no way he doesn't deserve to be #1.
User was warned for too many mimes.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13424 Posts
December 03 2013 22:38 GMT
#103
On December 04 2013 06:24 Harem wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:23 BlueStar wrote:
taeja... are you kidding me? lol
This boy won one tourney and now #1 - this is ridiculous. You had to set herO as 2nd...

One tourney?

One in the last seven days. Can't be #1 until he gets 2 in 1 wweek pffft
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Frankenberry
Profile Joined February 2012
Denmark302 Posts
December 03 2013 22:41 GMT
#104
Ahhh the power rank. It's like seeing a good old friend once again! Thanks Waxangel
Meckie
Profile Joined September 2012
18 Posts
December 03 2013 22:46 GMT
#105
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...

There is absolutely NO arguing that TaeJa is the best player in the world right now. The way he has crushed his opponents throughout the last months is starting to get to a ridiculous point.

The only thing I'm pretty baffled about is herO's placement. Maybe that's just because I can't stand him because of his nick. There is only one HerO - just like there's just one Ronaldo.
tili
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1332 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 22:50:41
December 03 2013 22:46 GMT
#106
On December 04 2013 07:01 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 06:59 Nomzter wrote:
Wow, putting TaeJa on #1?? so biased, might as well but TLO and Ret on 2 and 3


Show nested quote +



Results for kr TaeJa after 2013-08-01.

Games: 68.57% (144-66)
Matches: 75.00% (75-25)

Current Form:
      W W W W W W W W W W
Recent Matches:
       kr TaeJa 4 – 2 kr Life
       kr TaeJa 2 – 0 kr Life
       kr TaeJa 2 – 1 kr MMA
       kr TaeJa 2 – 1 kr HerO
       kr TaeJa 2 – 1 kr ForGG
       kr TaeJa 2 – 0 se SjoW
       kr TaeJa 2 – 1 kr INnoVation
       kr TaeJa 2 – 1 kr sOs
       kr TaeJa 1 – 0 kr HyuN
       kr TaeJa 1 – 0 kr Try


Filters:
+ Show Spoiler +
Opponent Race:    all
Opponent Country: all
Match Format: all
On/offline: both
Game Version: all

Stats by Aligulac. Link.


Ret and TLO together probably couldn't match the above list even if they were given unlimited time and perfect conditions >.>

Granted you are not biased, but hell no. TLO, especially, play on point

Otherwise, good list. Jaedong should be switche with sOs though :p
perfidiusrex
Profile Joined December 2013
Belgium78 Posts
December 03 2013 22:47 GMT
#107
On December 04 2013 07:46 Meckie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...

There is absolutely NO arguing that TaeJa is the best player in the world right now. The way he has crushed his opponents throughout the last months is starting to get to a ridiculous point.

The only thing I'm pretty baffled about is herO's placement. Maybe that's just because I can't stand him because of his nick. There is only one HerO - just like there's just one Ronaldo.


then why is taeja number 11 on wcs point rankings?
Jaedong fan
Cheren
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
United States2911 Posts
December 03 2013 22:49 GMT
#108
On December 04 2013 07:46 Meckie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...


Not horrible players, but not a single player from that tournament made top 8 in WCS Korea Season 3.
ooDi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada170 Posts
December 03 2013 22:49 GMT
#109
good work TL!
"Believe you can and you're halfway there." @UR_ooDi www.twitch.tv/ooDi_sc
Jonas :)
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States511 Posts
December 03 2013 22:50 GMT
#110
IMO, Dear would dismantle Taeja in a BO5+, and Soulkey's accomplishments dwarf Jaedong's....but it's just great to see the power rankings back :D
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
December 03 2013 22:52 GMT
#111
Taeja is so cool @_@

Too bad he plays third wheel to my Hero-Jaedong love affair.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
hellokitty[hk]
Profile Joined June 2009
United States1309 Posts
December 03 2013 22:57 GMT
#112
Taeja CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP.
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
People are imbeciles, lucky thing god made cats.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
December 03 2013 22:58 GMT
#113
Wax...
The Bomber boy
KnowNothing
Profile Joined December 2010
69 Posts
December 03 2013 22:59 GMT
#114
On December 04 2013 07:46 Meckie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...

There is absolutely NO arguing that TaeJa is the best player in the world right now. The way he has crushed his opponents throughout the last months is starting to get to a ridiculous point.

The only thing I'm pretty baffled about is herO's placement. Maybe that's just because I can't stand him because of his nick. There is only one HerO - just like there's just one Ronaldo.


Here's the thing, there are good players and then there are top players. Taeja rarely even plays against the top players. When he does, he loses. End of story.

Ask someone like Life if they're happy about the level they're at right now. He's been an elite player. He's been at the top and he is trying to make his way back there. Wins over players like these that are struggling to recover their form, or fairly strong but inconsistent players like sOs or San, make the case for Taeja being a high-level player, but they do not make any case whatsoever for #1 player in the world, no matter how many times he repeats the performance.
badeanden
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway56 Posts
December 03 2013 23:02 GMT
#115
they said at the Dreamhack stream that the reason Life has not been doing that well lately is because he was getting a girlfriend. Hope he's done with that nonsense, Dedicate your Life to the Swarm!!
Snute will be the new Stephano in 2013! Mark my words
Big-t
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria1351 Posts
December 03 2013 23:07 GMT
#116
Awesome I love these powerranks, please do them as often as possible!
Dear better then sOs? Stop dreaming my dear writers;)
monchi | IdrA | Flash
Neemi
Profile Joined August 2012
Netherlands657 Posts
December 03 2013 23:08 GMT
#117
On December 04 2013 07:59 KnowNothing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 07:46 Meckie wrote:
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...

There is absolutely NO arguing that TaeJa is the best player in the world right now. The way he has crushed his opponents throughout the last months is starting to get to a ridiculous point.

The only thing I'm pretty baffled about is herO's placement. Maybe that's just because I can't stand him because of his nick. There is only one HerO - just like there's just one Ronaldo.


Here's the thing, there are good players and then there are top players. Taeja rarely even plays against the top players. When he does, he loses. End of story.

Ask someone like Life if they're happy about the level they're at right now. He's been an elite player. He's been at the top and he is trying to make his way back there. Wins over players like these that are struggling to recover their form, or fairly strong but inconsistent players like sOs or San, make the case for Taeja being a high-level player, but they do not make any case whatsoever for #1 player in the world, no matter how many times he repeats the performance.


Since June 1st he's lost to Jaedong (0-2), Dear (1-3), Polt (2-3) & Bomber (2-3) in series. On the other hand, he beat Life, sOs, Innovation, MMA, HyuN and Rain convincingly. So who are the top players he can beat to prove his worth? Bomber & Polt were close series while Dear & Jaedong were on fire. I'm really curious how he would do in a rematch against Dear and Maru, but as we don't know we have to give credit where credit is due - he played really well the last few months and he deserves his #1 spot. He probably wouldn't have gotten this a month ago, but his performance at Dreamhack Winter was great.
Cute
Evenshade
Profile Joined July 2013
131 Posts
December 03 2013 23:08 GMT
#118
On December 04 2013 07:59 KnowNothing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 07:46 Meckie wrote:
On December 04 2013 07:36 uThermal wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:40 Zealously wrote:
On December 04 2013 06:34 uThermal wrote:
Taeja and sOs are waaaaay too high and Maru is too low.


Look I'm really not a fan of Taeja (although people seem to believe that we writers are all disgusting Liquid fanboys tt) but look at this:

http://aligulac.com/players/6-TaeJa/results/

If in a power rank we measure results (in tournament placings), players beaten and how convincing the victories were, there is no way to argue against Taeja being #1.

On December 04 2013 06:36 rpddropshot wrote:
I don't feel TaeJa has won big enough tournaments to be #1, but then I look at his consistency over the entire year and I can't really argue...


Not sure if serious


Taeja hasn't been succesfull against players I see as elite players, like Maru, Bomber, Soulkey and Dear. I don't think Taeja is capable of winning a tournament against the absolute best players, so I think Taeja is definitely placed too high in the power rank.


Oh yeah, I forgot that DreamHack Bucharest was filled with horrible players...

There is absolutely NO arguing that TaeJa is the best player in the world right now. The way he has crushed his opponents throughout the last months is starting to get to a ridiculous point.

The only thing I'm pretty baffled about is herO's placement. Maybe that's just because I can't stand him because of his nick. There is only one HerO - just like there's just one Ronaldo.

Taeja rarely even plays against the top players. When he does, he loses. End of story.

"Taeja rarely plays against good players" - That i can agree, being in WCS AM, attending foreign tournaments, limited opportunity sometimes.
"When he does, he loses. End of story" - From what i've been watching over last 3 months, he's been terrorizing over Innovation every chance he got and has beaten many top Code S players very convincingly. I dont understand how you get this idea.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3773 Posts
December 03 2013 23:08 GMT
#119
It's hard to agree with this PR. Most controversy ever.
Supert0fu
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States499 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 23:15:52
December 03 2013 23:13 GMT
#120
How can you rate some one number one if they don't do well in THE PREMIER TOURNAMENT. Not in season 3 or in the global finals. He couldn't hack it in Korea and so went to America where the competition is easier. Sure he maybe great at foreign tournaments, but so was Stephano. Stephano won lone star clash, NASL 3, and WCS Europe over 4 months, but was never #1. The two dream hacks were very impressive, but I just don't think that the level of competition was all that high in HomeStory Cup roster was that impressive. No one can be crowned rank 1 in the world unless they have been competing in Korea's most prestigious tournaments, GSL, WCS, or OSL. (Or beats the korean champion at WCS finals, but even then...)

Edit:

This be like ranking Boise State (Taeja) # 1 after Alabama (Dear) wins the SEC and the national championship. After a team/player wins the super bowl/wcs finals shouldn't they automatically be ranked #1?
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1023
ZombieGrub111
JuggernautJason79
Nathanias 56
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 576
White-Ra 165
firebathero 81
910 45
Killer 27
Trap 22
Counter-Strike
Fnx 774
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0177
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9709
crisheroes1787
Liquid`Hasu1731
Trikslyr76
Other Games
summit1g5520
Liquid`RaSZi5206
Beastyqt827
shahzam462
B2W.Neo277
IndyStarCraft 169
KnowMe130
ArmadaUGS126
Pyrionflax100
UpATreeSC58
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream388
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV251
League of Legends
• TFBlade999
Other Games
• imaqtpie685
• Shiphtur321
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 49m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.