• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6597 users

Four Minutes to Midnight - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
296 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 27 2013 21:09 GMT
#61
On November 28 2013 06:08 boxerfred wrote:
besides scarlett and naniwa, which foreigner would you really call to have a skill potential that could equal a, let's say, average gsl ro16 player's skill? I don't think there is any.


I wouldn't say that Scarlett and Naniwa have what it takes to consistently make GSL Ro16 either.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Teodice
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden641 Posts
November 27 2013 21:16 GMT
#62
Go SjoW! We are all ready for it!
You will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
November 27 2013 21:17 GMT
#63
On November 28 2013 06:04 shid0x wrote:
i'd say the best chances would be asus or WCG, they have less big obstacles...its gonna be tense tho !

WCS has Soulkey, Parting and Sora. Parting looks damn unstoppable at the moment, Soulkey is Soulkey and Sora looks like a a damn strong dark horse for the tournament, I really don't see any foreigner getting first over them.

At ASUS ROG you have you have Innovation, MMA, jjakji, Life, Jaedong, San and Stardust. This is a damn strong korean line-up and even if Scarlett plays her absolute best I don't think she can overcome that competition. Maybe if she meets Jaedong in the finals she has a chance.
MrFUBAR
Profile Joined December 2011
South Africa5 Posts
November 27 2013 21:18 GMT
#64
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-27 21:20:26
November 27 2013 21:20 GMT
#65
We will know on my birthday/pearl harbor day. The implications there are scary then you think.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-27 21:25:29
November 27 2013 21:24 GMT
#66
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah, because broodwar was really a shitty eSport. I wonder where TeamLiquid.net come from, anybody know their past history?

imo sc2 has never been this fun to watch than how it is today.
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
dingnz
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany15 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-27 21:41:00
November 27 2013 21:24 GMT
#67
I think, although this year looks pretty grim, I think that next year will get better. Why you might ask? There's two facts to consider: talent and practice. I think on the talent side of things, this game is pretty evened up, but with all the team houses, Korea just outpracticed every other region by a large margin this year. As HotS gets figured out more and more, I think some foreigners will catch up and be able to get one or the other tournament win even. That being said: I don't see a foreigner winning one of these four to be honest.
Dario "TLO" Wünsch ~ best person in eSports!
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 27 2013 21:27 GMT
#68
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah I'm of the opinion that Koreans should stop winning in LoL as well so that at least one game can stop dying. With how quickly LoL's popularity is waning, I think we've got more than enough proof that one particular country being really good at a game kills it quickly, just like what happened with Brood War.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
November 27 2013 21:33 GMT
#69
On November 28 2013 06:27 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah I'm of the opinion that Koreans should stop winning in LoL as well so that at least one game can stop dying. With how quickly LoL's popularity is waning, I think we've got more than enough proof that one particular country being really good at a game kills it quickly, just like what happened with Brood War.

Good guys samsung ozone, gets owned by Europe at worlds to save league.
Glorious SEA doto
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
November 27 2013 21:36 GMT
#70
Fun fact, the closest we've come to a foreigner victory in Starcraft 2 WCG was CombatEX in 2012 when he 1-2'd PartinG and almost won the game 3.
Muffloe
Profile Joined December 2012
Sweden6061 Posts
November 27 2013 21:40 GMT
#71
On November 28 2013 06:24 sM.Zik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah, because broodwar was really a shitty eSport. I wonder where TeamLiquid.net come from, anybody know their past history?

imo sc2 has never been this fun to watch than how it is today.

Although I don't understand that. A foreginer has never won the GSL in sc2, but Grrr won an OSL in BW. An OSL.. in BW
lowercase
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1047 Posts
November 27 2013 21:40 GMT
#72
We need Jinro to come back and save the day. He made it further than any other foreigner in the GSL, Ro4 at one point.
That is not dead which can eternal lie...
astray71
Profile Joined February 2012
United States325 Posts
November 27 2013 21:41 GMT
#73
I think WCG 2013 is probably going to be the best chance for a foreigner champion. Only 3 Koreans are going: Parting, Soulkey and Sora
There is no victory without the blessing of god, and there is no god but Madlife.
stuchiu
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Fiddler's Green42661 Posts
November 27 2013 21:43 GMT
#74
On November 28 2013 06:33 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 06:27 Zealously wrote:
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah I'm of the opinion that Koreans should stop winning in LoL as well so that at least one game can stop dying. With how quickly LoL's popularity is waning, I think we've got more than enough proof that one particular country being really good at a game kills it quickly, just like what happened with Brood War.

Good guys samsung ozone, gets owned by Europe at worlds to save league.


Dade saved MVP, Samshung and the LoL scene in just one week.
Moderator
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
November 27 2013 21:45 GMT
#75
On November 28 2013 06:40 Muffloe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 06:24 sM.Zik wrote:
On November 28 2013 06:18 MrFUBAR wrote:
We're dead anyway.. They are one of the main reasons why SC2 is dieing as an E-sport. I've given up on Starcraft for this very reason. I hope you all find enjoyment though.
Cheers


Yeah, because broodwar was really a shitty eSport. I wonder where TeamLiquid.net come from, anybody know their past history?

imo sc2 has never been this fun to watch than how it is today.

Although I don't understand that. A foreginer has never won the GSL in sc2, but Grrr won an OSL in BW. An OSL.. in BW


BW was in a very different place in 2000 compared to SC2 in 2010. People essentially didn't know how to play Starcraft, whereas Starcraft II had a higher level of play right from the start.

On November 28 2013 06:41 astray71 wrote:
I think WCG 2013 is probably going to be the best chance for a foreigner champion. Only 3 Koreans are going: Parting, Soulkey and Sora


That's a little like saying European teams would have a good chance at winning a basketball tournament because Miami Heat and LA Lakers are the only two American teams attending D:
AdministratorBreak the chains
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 27 2013 21:46 GMT
#76
Well since Jaedong wins DH and Asus ROG, in reality there is only IEM and WCG for the foreigners. But Scarlett might just win IEM. Or Hasu WCG if he gets PvP and not Soulkey.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
ShadowReaver
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada563 Posts
November 27 2013 21:52 GMT
#77
Well, quite the article to make us all even more aware that we have no foreigner hero. The "Last Foreign Hope" story line has been drawn out on TL for too long. Does it even matter? We have so many players in this game that we can rally behind, Korean or otherwise.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
November 27 2013 21:54 GMT
#78
On November 28 2013 05:17 NovaMB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 05:08 NewSunshine wrote:
Should've waited for 2 more tourneys to write this.

Difficult if 3 of them are at the same time.

Well yeah, you'd have to have some good timing to pull it off.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Akuji
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States34 Posts
November 27 2013 21:57 GMT
#79
This was a great read. It is real sad it's so true.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
November 27 2013 21:57 GMT
#80
On November 28 2013 05:15 HeeroFX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 05:11 emanresU wrote:
On November 28 2013 05:09 HeeroFX wrote:
well I wil probably stop watching SC 2 when Naniwa and Scarlett call it


Because no one watched Brood War right?



No i just don't have players I am interested in watching. I only care about events that have players I like to watch. That is resonable. I don't watch a TV show I don't like even if its suppose to be good.


While I get your point (though I find it somewhat weird as you argue with a players play being enjoyable yet there are plenty koreans who play similiar to naniwa/scarlett) your comparison does not work. If you say you don't watch an event because there is no player you enjoy watching attending that event then that'd be the same as not watching a tv show because it features no actor you enjoy.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 171
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Yoon 144
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 88
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
[ Show more ]
Bale 26
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 2
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g9641
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft218
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS52
trigger6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1210
• Stunt447
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 1m
OSC
15h 1m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.