• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:04
CEST 21:04
KST 04:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8676 users

Team sMi gets scammed - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 27 Next All
agahamsorr0w
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands359 Posts
August 01 2013 02:30 GMT
#141
On August 01 2013 11:26 Jdubs wrote:
Hello guys, I am a wealthy millionaire with a passion to help grow esports! I am looking to put together a SC2 division. I have already got teams in multiple games such as LoL, World of Tanks, Dota 2, BW, Civ 5, Skyrim, Minecraft, and Chess Online. I am offering a starting salary of $11,000 per month but there are tryouts to get on the team. You must be at least low GM to tryout and tryouts last for 11 months. After the 11 months I plan on putting together a team house for you guys that will most likely be located in the Bahamas (I own several islands in the area so there may be multiple gaming houses if the players want there privacy). I will also be sending out gaming equipment to the players such as the new upcoming Steel series keyboard the 8G gaming keyboard. I have access to such equipment (3 years before the expected release) because I am actually the CEO of Steel series. Please message me for more details if you want to tryout for my new super awesome team!

p.s. the team name is Team Panda Attack Squad

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN EVERYONE


i knew that if i kept reading someone would have actually said something funny. wp sir.
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
August 01 2013 02:31 GMT
#142
On August 01 2013 11:26 Jdubs wrote:
Hello guys, I am a wealthy millionaire with a passion to help grow esports! I am looking to put together a SC2 division. I have already got teams in multiple games such as LoL, World of Tanks, Dota 2, BW, Civ 5, Skyrim, Minecraft, and Chess Online. I am offering a starting salary of $11,000 per month but there are tryouts to get on the team. You must be at least low GM to tryout and tryouts last for 11 months. After the 11 months I plan on putting together a team house for you guys that will most likely be located in the Bahamas (I own several islands in the area so there may be multiple gaming houses if the players want there privacy). I will also be sending out gaming equipment to the players such as the new upcoming Steel series keyboard the 8G gaming keyboard. I have access to such equipment (3 years before the expected release) because I am actually the CEO of Steel series. Please message me for more details if you want to tryout for my new super awesome team!

p.s. the team name is Team Panda Attack Squad

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN EVERYONE


With this team name, I can't resist. Tell me where to sign.
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
VPreboot
Profile Joined April 2011
United States132 Posts
August 01 2013 02:31 GMT
#143
From someone who has worked on an esports management team before, I think there is a lot to learn from. First, sponsorship should be handled through the management staff. Having individual players doing management decisions is a surefire way to create miscommunication and tension on the team. If a player is contacted or has a lead on a business then have them go to the management. Also, make sure that there isn't a ton of comments about sponsorship among the players. Most sponsorships, even for the top teams, don't come through. Teasing players with every possible deal is a definite way to create tension among the players as they keep hearing deals come and go. Unless something is 100% finalized don't tease the players.

Hopefully some of this makes sense and can help you in the future. Good luck!!
Writer, Wizard, esports Warrior
Jdubs
Profile Joined August 2013
Bangladesh2 Posts
August 01 2013 02:32 GMT
#144
I love you desRow
-HypeR-
Profile Joined November 2010
United States39 Posts
August 01 2013 02:32 GMT
#145
Yeah, Lucky and I found out when we were talking on TS, then we decided to compare his replays and his VOD on streams, there were multiple hotkey setups, so unless he plays on two different hotkeys, it's another person playing on his account.

Yea that would make sense because I hit NanoCloud in a 1v1 ladder match and he went afk. He probably didn't want me to see his hotkey set up.
If you give everything you got into something your going to be good at it.
Exarl25
Profile Joined November 2010
1887 Posts
August 01 2013 02:34 GMT
#146
On August 01 2013 11:24 rei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 10:41 DirtyBirD wrote:
I'm honestly not sure if he thought he would make money off the team or if he was just really wanting to play the role of a huge troll. I've thought about that a lot and for a while now.

Identity thief, he can take our identity if he has enough information about us. when we just started all this, he asked me to invite nanocloud into the clan, at the moment I tried but failed to invite him for some weird error. Everybody else that he asked, I invited into the clan without any problem but nanocloud. So i thought my connection was bugged out. He then asked me to log on my account and try to invite nanocloud himself. I complied. and allowed him on my account. After this instance, I came to the realization that there was two different accounts name nanocloud, but only after one of his nanocloud acquired Grandmaster and have a golden shine. At that point I told myself that Nanocloud is definitely working with anderson trying to scam my b.net account to mine my person information from blizzard's website. So I set up a trap, I left my password unchanged and removed my b.net authenicator and waited for my account to get hack, just so that I can confirm Anderson and Nanocloud was in it together, but nothing happened. But i still wasn't sure until Nanocloud did a skype call together with all the players with Quantic.MaSsan. Nanocloud was begging massan to accept them into quantic academy but was denied over and over and Massan told nanocloud to stay in smi and try to scam major into the smi and leave with major as a group so that the players doesn't take any hit in reputation. Now you guys might ask how could this seemingly unrelated instance allowed me to be sure that nanocloud isn't working with Anderson? for one if he was in it with anderson he wouldn't try to leave the team with all these players, two by asking massan this he clearly shown how naive he was and there is no way he could come up with a elaborate scam with Anderson and correlate the timing of switching accounts after I friend add one of his nanocloud account and then log on to the other nanocloud account when i try to invite the first one to clan.


This is cringeworthy. How old are you people? We don't care about your stupid drama, nothing actually happened, you didn't lose any money. You all seem stupid and amateurish and I don't know why you think this has to be brought to everyone's attention.
MadVillian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States127 Posts
August 01 2013 02:36 GMT
#147
On August 01 2013 11:34 Exarl25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 11:24 rei wrote:
On August 01 2013 10:41 DirtyBirD wrote:
I'm honestly not sure if he thought he would make money off the team or if he was just really wanting to play the role of a huge troll. I've thought about that a lot and for a while now.

Identity thief, he can take our identity if he has enough information about us. when we just started all this, he asked me to invite nanocloud into the clan, at the moment I tried but failed to invite him for some weird error. Everybody else that he asked, I invited into the clan without any problem but nanocloud. So i thought my connection was bugged out. He then asked me to log on my account and try to invite nanocloud himself. I complied. and allowed him on my account. After this instance, I came to the realization that there was two different accounts name nanocloud, but only after one of his nanocloud acquired Grandmaster and have a golden shine. At that point I told myself that Nanocloud is definitely working with anderson trying to scam my b.net account to mine my person information from blizzard's website. So I set up a trap, I left my password unchanged and removed my b.net authenicator and waited for my account to get hack, just so that I can confirm Anderson and Nanocloud was in it together, but nothing happened. But i still wasn't sure until Nanocloud did a skype call together with all the players with Quantic.MaSsan. Nanocloud was begging massan to accept them into quantic academy but was denied over and over and Massan told nanocloud to stay in smi and try to scam major into the smi and leave with major as a group so that the players doesn't take any hit in reputation. Now you guys might ask how could this seemingly unrelated instance allowed me to be sure that nanocloud isn't working with Anderson? for one if he was in it with anderson he wouldn't try to leave the team with all these players, two by asking massan this he clearly shown how naive he was and there is no way he could come up with a elaborate scam with Anderson and correlate the timing of switching accounts after I friend add one of his nanocloud account and then log on to the other nanocloud account when i try to invite the first one to clan.


This is cringeworthy. How old are you people? We don't care about your stupid drama, nothing actually happened, you didn't lose any money. You all seem stupid and amateurish and I don't know why you think this has to be brought to everyone's attention.


Says the guy that read far enough to find this post. Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't.
In there like swimwear.
AngryFarmer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States560 Posts
August 01 2013 02:40 GMT
#148
Wait so what did he end up scamming from you guys?
Moosy
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada396 Posts
August 01 2013 02:43 GMT
#149
Delusions of grandeur. Now someone get Drunkenboi a sick team pls.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
August 01 2013 02:43 GMT
#150
Any time a "sponsor" says they are going to provide SALARY for a new, unproven and largely unknown team... you have to seriously question it. A new branded computer is hard enough to believe, let alone a salary.
Unexpected
Profile Joined November 2011
United States13 Posts
August 01 2013 02:43 GMT
#151
Nano was so talkative earlier Dot Dot Dot
buckKeefe
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States63 Posts
August 01 2013 02:44 GMT
#152
lol anyone who didnt see this coming a month ago was not paying attention...
MadVillian
Profile Joined September 2011
United States127 Posts
August 01 2013 02:45 GMT
#153
On August 01 2013 11:44 buckKeefe wrote:
lol anyone who didnt see this coming a month ago was not paying attention...


tru fam
In there like swimwear.
Superwoman
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada1 Post
August 01 2013 02:50 GMT
#154
Someone get Superwoman a sick team please =D
ZenMeng
Profile Joined May 2013
United States31 Posts
August 01 2013 02:53 GMT
#155
Wow. Horrible situation, good luck to everyone involved
Make expand... Defense it....
maggle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia70 Posts
August 01 2013 02:59 GMT
#156
E-sports drama > korean drama
cheese me once, shame on you; cheese me twice, shame on me.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
August 01 2013 03:01 GMT
#157
I'm not sure which is more retarded, the fact that the team let this guy drag them on for multiple months, or the fact that they told us about it on TL.
FSKi
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States901 Posts
August 01 2013 03:02 GMT
#158
--- Nuked ---
Kaizen[7]
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States86 Posts
August 01 2013 03:06 GMT
#159
OMG! He went with the fucking Amy's Baking Company defense! Classic!

"Those negative things were said when my account was hacked...."

Didn't somebody else try this same bullshit defense before after getting caught in some kind of scandal?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan
rei
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States3594 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-01 03:08:17
August 01 2013 03:07 GMT
#160
On August 01 2013 11:34 Exarl25 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2013 11:24 rei wrote:
On August 01 2013 10:41 DirtyBirD wrote:
I'm honestly not sure if he thought he would make money off the team or if he was just really wanting to play the role of a huge troll. I've thought about that a lot and for a while now.

Identity thief, he can take our identity if he has enough information about us. when we just started all this, he asked me to invite nanocloud into the clan, at the moment I tried but failed to invite him for some weird error. Everybody else that he asked, I invited into the clan without any problem but nanocloud. So i thought my connection was bugged out. He then asked me to log on my account and try to invite nanocloud himself. I complied. and allowed him on my account. After this instance, I came to the realization that there was two different accounts name nanocloud, but only after one of his nanocloud acquired Grandmaster and have a golden shine. At that point I told myself that Nanocloud is definitely working with anderson trying to scam my b.net account to mine my person information from blizzard's website. So I set up a trap, I left my password unchanged and removed my b.net authenicator and waited for my account to get hack, just so that I can confirm Anderson and Nanocloud was in it together, but nothing happened. But i still wasn't sure until Nanocloud did a skype call together with all the players with Quantic.MaSsan. Nanocloud was begging massan to accept them into quantic academy but was denied over and over and Massan told nanocloud to stay in smi and try to scam major into the smi and leave with major as a group so that the players doesn't take any hit in reputation. Now you guys might ask how could this seemingly unrelated instance allowed me to be sure that nanocloud isn't working with Anderson? for one if he was in it with anderson he wouldn't try to leave the team with all these players, two by asking massan this he clearly shown how naive he was and there is no way he could come up with a elaborate scam with Anderson and correlate the timing of switching accounts after I friend add one of his nanocloud account and then log on to the other nanocloud account when i try to invite the first one to clan.


This is cringeworthy. How old are you people? We don't care about your stupid drama, nothing actually happened, you didn't lose any money. You all seem stupid and amateurish and I don't know why you think this has to be brought to everyone's attention.

because people loves drama, and I am here to deliver.

On August 01 2013 12:02 FSKi wrote:
So afaik, nobody lost anything but time. Boo hoo. :-|

On a related note, how does contract law apply to the internet? For example, contracts done on skype internationally fall under which country's legal system? Do all go under the US because Skype is a US company?

The rabbit hole has been opened.

Not true, nanocloud lost his account boosting money
GET OUT OF MY BASE CHILL
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 27 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 751
SteadfastSC546
EnkiAlexander 76
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 546
UpATreeSC 110
BRAT_OK 57
JuggernautJason51
PtitDrogo 40
ZombieGrub20
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29924
Soulkey 307
Dewaltoss 130
Mini 80
Trap 31
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 19
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
Dendi1014
qojqva811
Counter-Strike
fl0m1398
shoxiejesuss744
Fnx 725
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2778
Khaldor2168
Liquid`Hasu778
Other Games
Grubby2856
ArmadaUGS1146
B2W.Neo603
ceh9520
byalli495
C9.Mang0168
Pyrionflax93
Chillindude81
Trikslyr55
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream82
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 6
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix10
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1153
Other Games
• imaqtpie1079
• Scarra557
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 56m
OSC
17h 56m
Stellar Fest
17h 56m
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.