After seeing the interest in having a virtual keyboard on screen I noticed there weren't any good free versions out there. The thread that started this interest shows an application that's supposed to be $30, it allows allows free downloads but I'm not sure if it will time out eventually or begin producing nag screens. Just to make sure this type of tool remains free, and to give back to the community, I built StreamKB.
While this can technically be used for any game I made StreamKB fit exactly inside of the right panel of the SC2 overlay if you're at 1080p, it also shrinks down if you're using a lower resolution.
- Right click pops up menu with color and size options.
- Window can be dragged by clicking anywhere.
- Clicking the buttons doesn't send any key presses to the screen.
- Color and window position are saved whenever colors are changed or program is exited through the right click menu. Settings are saved in a StreamKB.settings file which can be deleted to reset to default.
- This will not work properly if SC2 is in Fullscreen mode. SC2 must be in Fullscreen/Windowed.
- When using window capture, uncheck capture mouse cursor. Also try capture entire window if inner isn't working right.
- Aero must be on for window capture to work correctly. Otherwise overlapping windows will be shown.
- To get this to show up with the proper window size in OBS, try opening up the color options menu before adding it for window capture.
*Edit: This only seems to happen when using the jar version, this shouldn't be needed if you download the 1.1 exe file.
You can download the latest version at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/streamkb/
This requires JRE to run.
FYI: I'm new to publishing things like this, feel free to PM me if I'm not taking some proper steps or post here if you have suggestions.
Edit 06/02: I've updated the keyboard to version 1.1
EXE versions now working and uploaded.
AZERTY version is now available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/streamkb/files/
Updated some minor things in the EN version to prevent errors when using a non-US keyboard.
Edit 06/10: Updated to version 1.2
Changed to new Keyboard hook to lower memory usage.
Reduced CPU required when holding down keys.
Fixed minor issue with color chooser.
Edit 06/14: Added DVORAK keyboard build
Figured out issue with overlapping windows showing in window capture when Aero was turned off.
Edit 06/15: Updated to version 1.3
Added Always On Top option to all builds
This specifically helps people using two monitors with Aero off.
Note: Updating to this build will clear your color settings, so copy the Color Code in the RGB tab before swapping