• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:19
CEST 16:19
KST 23:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War505.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7814 users

Papa John's explores EG, Liquid, and ROOT eSports - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
983 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 50 Next All
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
July 18 2013 21:15 GMT
#881
I don't know why people are complaining. I mean it's only been a couple of months right? Call me when it gets to be a year like the promised day9 and husky sex and the city vid, then I might raise an eyebrow.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 18 2013 21:59 GMT
#882
On July 19 2013 06:10 Eggi wrote:
wasnt it b/w ROOT also? or am i dreaming

edit: dont you think the people that bought your product should know what happening?
we know your "talking" i would hope you guys are.

tell me something i dont know


Here: let me tell you everything I know!


It all began....





... and so, you can see we are now happy!

My post earlier is literally everything I know. Alex Garfield speaks with PPJ and oddly enough he doesn't report back to us on a line by line basis. When we have something to share we will share it. There is no conspiracy or anything like that. You can argue against me about how fast it takes companies to respond and that won't change my tune as it is the reality we live in atm.

I hope something comes of this really soon but it probably won't. It will take time.

As for the tiers (which I addressed earlier) I will reiterate: I am not in charge of making sure these are done. This is a multi-team effort that takes a lot of moving parts. I ask about it semi regularly and we all say "yeah we need to do that asap" and that is where we are!
SonKiE
Profile Joined March 2010
United States167 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-18 22:05:19
July 18 2013 22:04 GMT
#883
On July 19 2013 06:59 iNcontroL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 06:10 Eggi wrote:
wasnt it b/w ROOT also? or am i dreaming

edit: dont you think the people that bought your product should know what happening?
we know your "talking" i would hope you guys are.

tell me something i dont know


Here: let me tell you everything I know!


It all began....





... and so, you can see we are now happy!

My post earlier is literally everything I know. Alex Garfield speaks with PPJ and oddly enough he doesn't report back to us on a line by line basis. When we have something to share we will share it. There is no conspiracy or anything like that. You can argue against me about how fast it takes companies to respond and that won't change my tune as it is the reality we live in atm.

I hope something comes of this really soon but it probably won't. It will take time.

As for the tiers (which I addressed earlier) I will reiterate: I am not in charge of making sure these are done. This is a multi-team effort that takes a lot of moving parts. I ask about it semi regularly and we all say "yeah we need to do that asap" and that is where we are!

If you guys did your research and ran the promotion through big sausage pizza instead of poppa john's pizza you would have had a quicker reply.
country
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
July 18 2013 22:10 GMT
#884
On July 19 2013 07:04 SonKiE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 06:59 iNcontroL wrote:
On July 19 2013 06:10 Eggi wrote:
wasnt it b/w ROOT also? or am i dreaming

edit: dont you think the people that bought your product should know what happening?
we know your "talking" i would hope you guys are.

tell me something i dont know


Here: let me tell you everything I know!


It all began....





... and so, you can see we are now happy!

My post earlier is literally everything I know. Alex Garfield speaks with PPJ and oddly enough he doesn't report back to us on a line by line basis. When we have something to share we will share it. There is no conspiracy or anything like that. You can argue against me about how fast it takes companies to respond and that won't change my tune as it is the reality we live in atm.

I hope something comes of this really soon but it probably won't. It will take time.

As for the tiers (which I addressed earlier) I will reiterate: I am not in charge of making sure these are done. This is a multi-team effort that takes a lot of moving parts. I ask about it semi regularly and we all say "yeah we need to do that asap" and that is where we are!

If you guys did your research and ran the promotion through big sausage pizza instead of poppa john's pizza you would have had a quicker reply.

I'm certain iNcontrol himself just went "Guys, we need a pizza sponsor. Who should we pick?". Because thats totally how things like this work
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
July 18 2013 22:16 GMT
#885
he was joking Sonkie is a friend
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
July 18 2013 23:11 GMT
#886
On July 19 2013 06:59 iNcontroL wrote: There is no conspiracy or anything like that.

Yeah sure, every conspirator says that.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
July 18 2013 23:24 GMT
#887
I paid 200 dollars for a router to make myself less mad about this pizza.gg thing being a fraud.
zeratul_jf
Profile Joined October 2011
United States808 Posts
July 18 2013 23:48 GMT
#888
On July 19 2013 08:11 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 19 2013 06:59 iNcontroL wrote: There is no conspiracy or anything like that.

Yeah sure, every conspirator says that.



I almost fell off my chair.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-19 00:05:32
July 18 2013 23:52 GMT
#889
Edit: not worth continuing
Liquid | SKT
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
July 19 2013 00:04 GMT
#890
Have any of the tiers been 'paid' out yet? Some seem really easy like the gift cards or merch giveaways. I haven't kept up with this but it does kind of suck so little has come from it (so far) at least regarding the tiers. The tiers seemed to be from the team/community side so I did hold them to a higher standard. I certainly expected most of them to be done by now, perhaps naively. I never really expected any mega announcement that papajohns would be a new lead sponsor and savior to esports so I'm not sure what people expected from them. It was a promotional event, that's all. At the end of the day I bought pizza with the TL Dota2 team link because it was a good deal and I got to offer a little support, the tiers were an afterthought.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
July 19 2013 00:34 GMT
#891
On July 19 2013 09:04 crms wrote:
Have any of the tiers been 'paid' out yet? Some seem really easy like the gift cards or merch giveaways. I haven't kept up with this but it does kind of suck so little has come from it (so far) at least regarding the tiers. The tiers seemed to be from the team/community side so I did hold them to a higher standard. I certainly expected most of them to be done by now, perhaps naively. I never really expected any mega announcement that papajohns would be a new lead sponsor and savior to esports so I'm not sure what people expected from them. It was a promotional event, that's all. At the end of the day I bought pizza with the TL Dota2 team link because it was a good deal and I got to offer a little support, the tiers were an afterthought.


They did the pizza eating contest, and I think they held an AMA thing on stream when that finished, it was a while ago though so I don't remember the details.
Rho_
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States971 Posts
August 30 2013 12:03 GMT
#892
So I get it is hard to get another company to come through on their end, but this is a pitchfork timebomb.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
August 31 2013 03:36 GMT
#893
On August 30 2013 21:03 Rho_ wrote:
So I get it is hard to get another company to come through on their end, but this is a pitchfork timebomb.


Maybe this is the real esports cataclysm?
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
August 31 2013 03:39 GMT
#894
Only in America can people complain about getting pizza at half off. Come on guys patience...
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 03:50:16
August 31 2013 03:39 GMT
#895
Weren't you guys happy with 50% off pizza for Fucks Sake!! Wingblade I take Offense! I am American and I am really happy just to get half off pizza that was super awesome... Except for my diet...
I am Godzilla You are Japan
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 04:03:02
August 31 2013 03:59 GMT
#896
What I said before remains true...

On July 18 2013 00:43 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2013 23:47 Excludos wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:46 Ryps wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:37 Plansix wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:33 zalem95 wrote:
what happen with the tiers?

From reports, people got super busy due to MLG, WCS and other stuff. They want to do it, but they don't want to do it half assed.

So they wont do it at all ? thats so...


I don't understand how you read "they want to do it, but not right now" as "never"

...They might just keep stringing us along with lame excuses until everyone forgets. That is how most companies work....

Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 31 2013 04:02 GMT
#897
On August 31 2013 12:59 BronzeKnee wrote:
What I said before remains true...

Show nested quote +
On July 18 2013 00:43 BronzeKnee wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:47 Excludos wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:46 Ryps wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:37 Plansix wrote:
On July 17 2013 23:33 zalem95 wrote:
what happen with the tiers?

From reports, people got super busy due to MLG, WCS and other stuff. They want to do it, but they don't want to do it half assed.

So they wont do it at all ? thats so...


I don't understand how you read "they want to do it, but not right now" as "never"

...They might just keep stringing us along with lame excuses until everyone forgets. That is how most companies work....


The fact still remains, you are whining about half off pizza and youtube videos. You already got the half off pizza. Its a three day weekend, got outside and have fun, maybe the funny youtube videos will be here when you get back.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 04:08:18
August 31 2013 04:02 GMT
#898
And we aren't complaining because we got half off pizza. We are complaining because EG and TL aren't delivering on what they said they would.

Pretty sure one of the points of Plato's Republic is that the simplest definition of justice is doing what you say you will. If you can't at least do that, then one is unjust. And there is no logical rebuttal.

If you think there is, feel free to explain it to me, and the rest of the philosophical community...
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 31 2013 04:07 GMT
#899
On August 31 2013 13:02 BronzeKnee wrote:
And we aren't complaining because we got half off pizza. We are complaining because EG and TL aren't delivering on what they said they would.

Pretty sure one of the points of Plato's Republic is that the simplest definition of justice is doing what you say you will. If you can't at least do that, then one is unjust. And there is no logical rebuttal.

If you think there, feel free to explain to me, and the rest of the philosophical community...

Did you just try and bring Plato's Republic into an argument about funny youtube videos and show matches? Why would you lower it to such a level? Although you are correct they should follow through, are youtube videos worth indignation and outrage over? At the end of the day, are we not entertained by EG, Root and TL?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 04:25:39
August 31 2013 04:08 GMT
#900
But instead, you'll tell me how to feel, and not to whine about half off pizza and a bunch of youtube videos, because you believe you can decide for me what I should think is important or not. Big surprise. No elitism there huh?

Nice. Because God forbid I actually use what I've learned in life, and apply it huh? Especially when what I've learned disagrees with your opinion?

Right is right and wrong is wrong, no matter who says or does it, no matter how big or small. And I call it how I see it. So yes, I do think this is worth outrage (I actually won't even watch the videos, but that is besides the point), but you can feel free to disagree.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 365
TKL 243
CranKy Ducklings152
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1156
Lowko540
TKL 243
ProTech124
Rex 124
MindelVK 23
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57727
Free 1776
Horang2 321
firebathero 243
Zeus 188
Last 110
Hyun 80
ToSsGirL 77
910 71
Trap 60
[ Show more ]
soO 32
Rock 21
Bishop 21
Aegong 18
scan(afreeca) 16
Yoon 14
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7643
Dendi937
XaKoH 425
420jenkins77
canceldota51
Counter-Strike
fl0m2694
byalli670
Other Games
singsing2264
Mlord485
Beastyqt377
KnowMe162
Liquid`VortiX104
DeMusliM102
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2830
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1491
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 41m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.