• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7636 users

Chinese players left out of WCS America Qualifier - Page 26

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 33 Next All
mikkmagro
Profile Joined April 2011
Malta1513 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:31:38
April 21 2013 23:29 GMT
#501
MLG trying hard to cause a diplomatic incident with China it seems.

It's so stupid to 'seed' 64 players in an open tournament (which I assume means, automatically check in) and then let the rest try and get one of the lucky 448. They should have just learnt from someone with a lot more experience in hosting tournaments, and did it like ESL, instead of trying to be clever. Just one tournament with 512 slots was waaaaaay too little. They should have realised that when Europe was getting a thousand sign ups in under a minute.

I've been defending WCS from Day 1, but MLG's execution, from the invitees, to the casting, to the format of the qualifier were atrocious.

Blizzard, organise something for SEA/China/AU please!
mousesports, Team Acer, Fnatic!
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:31:13
April 21 2013 23:30 GMT
#502
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i cant understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks

Probably a Chinese one-post drive-by. Don't mind them too much (though I understand entirely why they are angry).

Also, please use periods. Or commas.
Baum
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1010 Posts
April 21 2013 23:32 GMT
#503
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks


In the end it is Blizzards fault because of not forcing a standardized qualification process for all the regions so it reflects on the whole WCS.
I want to be with those who share secret things or else alone.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:34:17
April 21 2013 23:33 GMT
#504
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks


2048 players on the last day.

edit: Well not quite as many I recall, I believe many players got a bye in the round of 2048, but it was more than 1024.
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
April 21 2013 23:33 GMT
#505
On April 22 2013 08:30 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

don't rage on the whole wcs thing. esl did their best to let everyone who wanted to patricipate. they had above ~1000 players in the last qualifier. so everyone was welcome, it's just mlg that dropped the ball here. this is not even funny anymore. i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks

Probably a Chinese one-post drive-by. Don't mind them too much (though I understand entirely why they are angry).

Also, please use periods. Or commas.

i fixed it a bit only for you, although i have been told that commas in the english language are not necessary.
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 23:34 GMT
#506
On April 22 2013 08:23 Baum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:19 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:04 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.

Then tell me why Hyun and PhysicsLee were allowed to play in the tournament.

Human error? They slipped through and got caught later.


I thought the manager contacted MLG way before hand?

Not for either from my understanding. PhysicalLee was reported last night after he played Catz and everyone went "Holy shit, Physicallee is playing. His team just called him out for hacking this week. He is stupid." To be fair to MLG, I noticed the name to, but did not make the connection until it was pointed out. I think my brain refused to believe someone could be that stupid.

Hyun was weird and I think he signed up and MGL just didn't notice because they assumed that anyone who tried out for code A wouldn't try out here too. Or they might have thought it was a different player, like MKP when he was Boxer and there was like real Boxer running around.

And MLG isn't paying me anything. I just enjoy raining on people's hatejerk because they are having so much fun shitting on MLG and claiming they are killing Esports.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
_SpiRaL_
Profile Joined December 2012
Afghanistan1636 Posts
April 21 2013 23:36 GMT
#507
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.


The only mindless people here are the MLG staff and admins. They couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery.
Red and yellow are all I see
Liamyan
Profile Joined April 2013
United States12 Posts
April 21 2013 23:38 GMT
#508
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks

At least WCS NA is 1/3 of the WCS, I was so excited when I knew there comes the WCS. I thought it is the grand banquet for all the SC2 players and it will gather all the best players all over the world.
But now?
As i said, first of all most of top Chinese players cant join the event, and now COMM got DQed for anonymity. Most of the players r anonymity but why DQ comm? Cuz he went into losers final? Cuz he is gonna get qualified? This is not even fair to China.
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:40:18
April 21 2013 23:38 GMT
#509
There is no way to do anything about this by the way? I mean cant we get a mass spam going against MLG or something along those lines. Demand for them to remove the DQ from Comm.

This comm thing is complete bullshit so you think it should be possible to get people involved.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
Tosstriss
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada334 Posts
April 21 2013 23:39 GMT
#510
On April 22 2013 08:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:23 Baum wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:19 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:04 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.

Then tell me why Hyun and PhysicsLee were allowed to play in the tournament.

Human error? They slipped through and got caught later.


I thought the manager contacted MLG way before hand?

Not for either from my understanding. PhysicalLee was reported last night after he played Catz and everyone went "Holy shit, Physicallee is playing. His team just called him out for hacking this week. He is stupid." To be fair to MLG, I noticed the name to, but did not make the connection until it was pointed out. I think my brain refused to believe someone could be that stupid.

Hyun was weird and I think he signed up and MGL just didn't notice because they assumed that anyone who tried out for code A wouldn't try out here too. Or they might have thought it was a different player, like MKP when he was Boxer and there was like real Boxer running around.

And MLG isn't paying me anything. I just enjoy raining on people's hatejerk because they are having so much fun shitting on MLG and claiming they are killing Esports.

So you know that MLG fucked up pretty hard and they deserve to be criticize.
m4inbrain
Profile Joined November 2011
1505 Posts
April 21 2013 23:40 GMT
#511
On April 22 2013 08:34 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:23 Baum wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:19 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:04 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.

Then tell me why Hyun and PhysicsLee were allowed to play in the tournament.

Human error? They slipped through and got caught later.


I thought the manager contacted MLG way before hand?


And MLG isn't paying me anything. I just enjoy raining on people's hatejerk because they are having so much fun shitting on MLG and claiming they are killing Esports.


Because pointing out that MLG did and does a poor job is "hatejerking"?

You look like a 12 year old fanboy defending call of duty at all cost, if that's enjoyable for you, well.. Have fun, i guess.
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:43:00
April 21 2013 23:41 GMT
#512
On April 22 2013 08:38 Liamyan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks

At least WCS NA is 1/3 of the WCS, I was so excited when I knew there comes the WCS. I thought it is the grand banquet for all the SC2 players and it will gather all the best players all over the world.
But now?
As i said, first of all most of top Chinese players cant join the event, and now COMM got DQed for anonymity. Most of the players r anonymity but why DQ comm? Cuz he went into losers final? Cuz he is gonna get qualified? This is not even fair to China.

yes, I understand. and no this is not fair at all. this behaviour is just ridiculous, i feel bad for all the chinese competitors and the chinese scene. ._.
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 23:48:15
April 21 2013 23:46 GMT
#513
On April 22 2013 08:39 Tosstriss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:23 Baum wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:19 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:04 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.

Then tell me why Hyun and PhysicsLee were allowed to play in the tournament.

Human error? They slipped through and got caught later.


I thought the manager contacted MLG way before hand?

Not for either from my understanding. PhysicalLee was reported last night after he played Catz and everyone went "Holy shit, Physicallee is playing. His team just called him out for hacking this week. He is stupid." To be fair to MLG, I noticed the name to, but did not make the connection until it was pointed out. I think my brain refused to believe someone could be that stupid.

Hyun was weird and I think he signed up and MGL just didn't notice because they assumed that anyone who tried out for code A wouldn't try out here too. Or they might have thought it was a different player, like MKP when he was Boxer and there was like real Boxer running around.

And MLG isn't paying me anything. I just enjoy raining on people's hatejerk because they are having so much fun shitting on MLG and claiming they are killing Esports.

So you know that MLG fucked up pretty hard and they deserve to be criticize.
No, I don't think they fucked up that much at all. Once again, I said human error. Mistakes happen and hackers get into events. They are cheaters, that is what they do. Korean players sign up for events that they shouldn't be in and neglect to tell people they also tried out for code A and then get called out on it. And now Chinese players play under other peoples accounts in clear violation of the rules, which they are not supposed to do and everyone is asking for an exception because he is so good.

There is a mess, but a lot of it is caused by players not doing what they are supposed to do. Like sign up to the qualifier twice.(I know he borrowed the account, but he still threw his hat into the ring twice) Or signing up for the event and then forgetting to tell the admins "hey I tried out for code A a week ago, is that ok?"
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Elairec
Profile Joined June 2011
United States410 Posts
April 21 2013 23:50 GMT
#514
Didn't Comm take over his teammates account AFTER first round had been played? If you can't understand why that would DQ him and his friend, I am sorry.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
April 21 2013 23:51 GMT
#515
I had a little laugh collecting all the overly dramatic descriptions of the tournament in just one page of this thread. LOL @ the extent to which gamers will complain.

"Horrible production and terribly run tourney"
"MLG is ruining esports"
"MLG ought to be ashamed"
"train wreck"
"Ridiculous"
"Absolutely pathetic"
"like a B.net SC1 tournament in terms of organization"
"retarded"
"MLG is so bad, it's ridiculous"
"Utter incompetence"
"they just shit on the scene and the viewers"
"embarrassing"
"black eye on the NA esports scene"
" amateur hour"
"clown show"
"just a fucking joke"
"MLG go ruin the WCS and I wont watch that anymore"
"NA in general is a joke"

Again, just one page of this thread. LMFAO, it's just one video game tournament people. I can't imagine what your reaction is to real problems.
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
April 21 2013 23:52 GMT
#516
On April 22 2013 08:50 Elairec wrote:
Didn't Comm take over his teammates account AFTER first round had been played? If you can't understand why that would DQ him and his friend, I am sorry.

nope

http://bbs.neotv.cn/data/attachment/forum/201304/22/062001vgvmu7hduvujuvav.jpg
as1
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 21 2013 23:52 GMT
#517
On April 22 2013 08:50 Elairec wrote:
Didn't Comm take over his teammates account AFTER first round had been played? If you can't understand why that would DQ him and his friend, I am sorry.

Agreed, I don't understand why people are expecting MLG to let that slide. There is a reason that rule is in place, like preventing one player from ghosting at 3 or 4 people to give several shots at qualifying.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
4ZakeN87
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden1071 Posts
April 21 2013 23:52 GMT
#518
On April 22 2013 08:46 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:39 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:23 Baum wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:19 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:04 Tosstriss wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:03 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:52 kc2siq wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:17 Plansix wrote:
On April 22 2013 07:07 Canucklehead wrote:
This is a black eye on the NA esports scene. MLG does a great job doing offline events, but they did an awful job of running this qualifier. It was amateur hour and a clown show.

Why, because a group of Chinese players didn't fully read the rules and didn't understand that some of their player signed up to make it into the bracket? The rule is in the biggest, reddest text that is available for MLG to use on the qualifer's page. I don't know how they missed it, it is fucking huge. Do you think if the Chinese team contacted MLG that day before and contacted MLG as said: "The winner of WCS china didn't sign up in time, can he be put into the bracket?" MLG would reject them?

It think it is pretty clear the Chinese team didn't read the rules very carefully and just assumed if they signed up they would get in. Then, after that happened they decided to publicly blame on TL and reddit MLG rather than ask MLG what went wrong. Which is pretty standard and allows people to freak out for before MLG notices and responds. Standard internet and SC2 drama.


Whoa, I just realized I've consistently seen your name in TL whenever it comes to blaming the internet and sc2 scene. Your condescension is seriously... oh wells.


I know a mindless pitch-fork mob when I see one. This is a case of players and a team not reading the rules and then blaming the tournament when they didn't get to play. Then trying to play under someone else account and being told that is not allowed either, cause like, no shit.

I've been watching this happen for three years in SC2, from EG signing Puma and on ward. The "community" freaks out and then moves on to the next "outrage" like a gold fish. Today it is MLG, next week it will be someone else who did something unforgivable.

Then tell me why Hyun and PhysicsLee were allowed to play in the tournament.

Human error? They slipped through and got caught later.


I thought the manager contacted MLG way before hand?

Not for either from my understanding. PhysicalLee was reported last night after he played Catz and everyone went "Holy shit, Physicallee is playing. His team just called him out for hacking this week. He is stupid." To be fair to MLG, I noticed the name to, but did not make the connection until it was pointed out. I think my brain refused to believe someone could be that stupid.

Hyun was weird and I think he signed up and MGL just didn't notice because they assumed that anyone who tried out for code A wouldn't try out here too. Or they might have thought it was a different player, like MKP when he was Boxer and there was like real Boxer running around.

And MLG isn't paying me anything. I just enjoy raining on people's hatejerk because they are having so much fun shitting on MLG and claiming they are killing Esports.

So you know that MLG fucked up pretty hard and they deserve to be criticize.
No, I don't think they fucked up that much at all. Once again, I said human error. Mistakes happen and hackers get into events. They are cheaters, that is what they do. Korean players sign up for events that they shouldn't be in and neglect to tell people they also tried out for code A and then get called out on it. And now Chinese players play under other peoples accounts in clear violation of the rules, which they are not supposed to do and everyone is asking for an exception because he is so good.

There is a mess, but a lot of it is caused by players not doing what they are supposed to do. Like sign up to the qualifier twice.(I know he borrowed the account, but he still threw his hat into the ring twice) Or signing up for the event and then forgetting to tell the admins "hey I tried out for code A a week ago, is that ok?"


The question is how ESL did all this with less time and going through 10 times more matches without making a fraction of the train wreck that MLG is doing here.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" Einstein
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
April 21 2013 23:53 GMT
#519
On April 22 2013 08:50 Elairec wrote:
Didn't Comm take over his teammates account AFTER first round had been played? If you can't understand why that would DQ him and his friend, I am sorry.

he said he played with this account from the beginning
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
April 21 2013 23:53 GMT
#520
On April 22 2013 08:32 Baum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2013 08:28 Undead1993 wrote:
On April 22 2013 08:24 Liamyan wrote:
I am so disapointed when I saw comm was DQed in WCS NA losers bracket final, one step further to be qualified.
How could u do this to all the Chinese players? Most of our best players were refused to attend the premier league qualifier. And that's not enough, although in this situation comm still got DQed? WCS is not hold for the best player from all over the world?
I've been watched WCS for almost a week, but I now I know WCS is just a fucking joke.
MLG go ruin the WCS, and I wont watch that anymore, cuz our Chinese can not have the equal rights here!!!
We need justice for COMM and for all the Chinese players~!!!!!!
MLG fuck ur Esports spirits

dont rage on the whole wcs thing esl did their best to lt everyone who wanted to patricipate they had i think ~1000 players in the last qualifier so everyone was welcome its just mlg that dropped the ball here this is not even funny anymore i can understand that you are angry but as i said not the whole WCS thing sucks


In the end it is Blizzards fault because of not forcing a standardized qualification process for all the regions so it reflects on the whole WCS.

They most likely will and that will cause other issues which are not not possible to solve cause of the then-locked system.
They were hoping i guess that the organizations they hired for this would at least be able to do that on their own before they follow the structure Blizzard designed. Boy were they wrong...
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 95
SortOf 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2332
Shinee 70
HiyA 31
NotJumperer 16
sorry 15
Mong 12
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1423
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
JimRising 679
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft585
Other Games
summit1g7901
Coldzera 774
C9.Mang0357
PiGStarcraft254
ArmadaUGS44
RuFF_SC231
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick903
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream391
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2130
League of Legends
• Rush1440
• Lourlo1326
• Stunt318
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
5h 5m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
19h 5m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.