• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:27
CEST 13:27
KST 20:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10808 users

[Cheer Project] Save Emo DRG, Win MVP Mousepad!! - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Mozz6969
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom6 Posts
April 13 2013 00:23 GMT
#61
DRG has been my favourite zerg for a long time. Watching him smash GSL and GSTL before and after the queen buff was amazing, and even though he has been going through some rough times, he'll always be the best zerg in my opinion, and I'll support him no-matter his results. I watch as many of his games as I can, and I really hope he can get back to dominating everyone in HotS. Don't let this loss get you down, DRG. Cheer up! <3
Emzeeshady
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Canada4203 Posts
April 13 2013 01:55 GMT
#62
--- Nuked ---
Brutaxilos
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2634 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 06:39:10
April 13 2013 02:57 GMT
#63
DRG King of Swag!
[image loading]

Even in a slump, photogenic as hell!

Cheer up DRG, I'd hate to see you disappointed. Your smile is sure to capture the hearts of millions of fans! So keep winning and keep rocking!

Edit 1: I spent more time on this then I would be willing to admit. I need to get a life.
Jangbi favorite player. Forever~ CJ herO the King of IEM. BOMBERRRRRRRR. Sexy Boy Rogue. soO #1! Oliveira China Represent!
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-14 01:43:46
April 14 2013 01:42 GMT
#64
:O
he speaks



박수호
‏@MVPDongRaeGu
thx!! Im always fine even if i lost cuz u guys Just waiting for next league, and practicing hard !


good job everyone!
<3
moo...for DRG
stuzH
Profile Joined September 2011
United States56 Posts
April 14 2013 02:01 GMT
#65
DRG has been my favorite player ever since the DRG vs MKP rivalry at MLG's as well as watching DRG beat Genius in GSL more than a year ago. I love watching his ling bling muta style of ZvT. Get back into Code S and win again next season DRG don't give up hope!
Harsher
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada19 Posts
April 14 2013 02:18 GMT
#66
DRG, some of us Starcraft-folk aren't the most vocal of people, especially on the tarnished medium of internet forums and vod comments. But know that you are a known name in many different areas all around the world, and a lot of us love what you do and hope to be able to see you at an event in person so we can properly express that!

-Canada!
Foodar
Profile Joined February 2013
United States28 Posts
April 14 2013 06:46 GMT
#67
DRG is one of the few Koreans i cheer for in tournaments, his skill is unparalled in the SC2 scene. Even though I dont play zerg I look up to him as a pro player i want to aspire to be, the kind hearted good player.

DRG Fighting!
This is a fertile land and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land and call it.... this land.
Lumi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1616 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-21 05:56:03
April 21 2013 05:49 GMT
#68
Hey it's 11:40pm 4/20 for me so I have a little time to share my DRG love. Here we go!

I think it's crazy that he feels abandoned by his fans.. I'm an almost GM zerg and my zerg buddies a nd I all have the greatest respect for him. I saw your very first broadcast games and when I did I knew I was seeing a different / better kind of zerg than we had previously been shown in Wings of Liberty. His ZvT was sweeping every top Terran by storm at the time and I studied him religiously to become a better player. It was very helpful and to this day there is no zerg I have learned more from than DRG. I tell people that you are the one true dong, even though it hurts the jaedong fan in me. I just know that it is true! I subscribe to reddit.com/r/onetruedong where we worship you on reddit.

Here's a picture of me at a barcraft with your face being projected onto my sweatshirt because I love you and I wanted someone to take that picture for me xD

[image loading]

Weeeee I am one of your top fans and that will always be the way of things! You should stream some more. Haha, just after I finished saying that, I started paying attention to your stream which I have popped out right now. First time watching you on Dailymotion :o.

You have a very strong fan base who believes in you and we're always cheering for you; don't be silly! I have made it a point to try to watch every single one of your games since the beginning fo your career and I am as excited to see you now as I was then. And I'm a fan of team MVP largely because of you. You stand out not only in skill but as a much welcomed sense of personality that is pretty endearing as far as pro gamers go. I think you have always worn your passion on your sleeve a little more than most people, and it's really engaging. We can feel your determination and the intensity of your skill and attitude. It shows that you are different.

When you lose I feel crushed with you, and when you succeed all the way I feel so much joy for you. I know it's long overdue right now but I believe it can happen because you're the best zerg in the world

DongRaeGu Fighting!!
twitter.com/lumigaming - DongRaeGu is the One True Dong - /r/onetruedong
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
April 21 2013 06:04 GMT
#69
very nice late entry, lumi.
Winners will be announced monday.
I need a day or so to discuss with fan club officers on which is best.
moo...for DRG
LoKi-
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
April 21 2013 16:53 GMT
#70
DRG? You mean my favorite Korean Zerg? I will ALWAYS cheer for DRG!!!
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
April 23 2013 01:42 GMT
#71
[image loading]
Project Ended 4/20/2013


Thank you everyone who participated in this event. (Z)DongRaeGu is feeling a lot better now after reading all your heart-felt cheers. He tweeted this a few days after the project began and has continued reading your messages throughout the following week(s).

박수호
‏@MVPDongRaeGu

thx!! Im always fine even if i lost cuz u guys Just waiting for next league, and practicing hard!


So he's back to his old happy self, full of energy and determination to tackle the challenges ahead (GSTL/TeamStory/Code A/OSL). A few days ago, DRG was even spotted streaming some matches for fans and had this hilarious run-in with RootDrewbie in the chatroom:

[00:41] <ROOTdrewbie> DRG u zot bob ssibal
[00:41] <@DRG> kkkkkk
[00:41] <@DRG> wtf drewbie
[00:41] <@DRG> get out
[00:41] <@DRG> chobo
[00:41] <+DRGisAwesome> lol
[00:41] <ROOTdrewbie> LOL
[00:41] <@neoghaleon55_> lmao
[00:41] <TFS> LOL


So whether it's apparent or not, I want to let you know that your support has made a significant impact on his mentality and outlook. Cheers matter. Fan support matters. Remember that we are eSports and fans are a critical cornerstone to how it all works.

On a personal note,
When I started this thread over a week ago, I had doubts that it would gain much support. I almost regretted posting it immediately because I was afraid of looking foolish. But you guys came in and out poured so much genuine love for this player when he was down. The experience has taught me not to let fear stop me from doing what I'm passionate about: supporting esports and my favorite players. So thank you. <3

The best cheers in this thread has been picked.
The decision was made by us peeps who run DRG's fan club.

Our runner up is Lumi, who will receive a GSL mouse pad.
[image loading]
Lumi was the last person to submit a cheer before the project ended, and it was one of the best ones. This cheer is just oozzzzzing with fandom! I love it!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=407437&currentpage=4#68


Finally....
I want to congratulate Promethelax for having the best cheer!

I have known Promethelax to be a long time, dedicated fan. Last year during our art-book project, he contributed two artworks for DRG. His cheer this year is unique in that it was very personal. After reading it, I definitely left with insight as to why he felt such a strong connection to this player, the sort that makes people very loyal, passionate fans. For his efforts and courageous post, Promethelax will receive an MVP Goliathus Mouse Pad purchased from Teamliquid.net sent to his house.

Here's his winning post:

On April 12 2013 12:04 Promethelax wrote:
Why am I a fan of DRG you ask? Well, I’d be happy to tell you. I am a fan of DRG because he is simply the best thing to happen to me as a starcraft fan. Let me explain.

I was a peripheral fan of professional bw, I watched a few games and enjoyed them. I played a bit of bw but was never that good; I was too young to really fall in love with the depth of the game. But when I was eighteen SCII came out. I had just dropped out of high school, I had some spare time. I needed a hobby to keep me out of trouble. Along came wings of liberty, reminding me how much I loved competitive gaming. I played a little, and I watched pro games. I saw TLO play the beta and his play inspired me. I played a bit but when I went to college I didn’t get internet in my dorm. I stopped playing, stopped watching. Starcraft was replaced by drinking. I didn’t play the game I loved more than once or twice that year.
The next year, my girlfriend and I moved out of the dorms, we got a place, basically a broom closet that barely fit out bed and my computer desk. I played again. The game was new to me again. I loved every minute of it. And I started watching professional games again. Staying up until 6 in the morning for the games to start. In early 2012 I promised myself I’d watch every game of the GSL. I didn’t manage every game but I did get to watch many of them, my grades suffered but I didn’t care. I had a new love. I watched a man, a boy my age, playing starcraft like I had never seen it played. I watched DRG crush player after player with styles I could hardly believe. In the RO4 he played against GuMiHo in one of the best series I had ever witnessed.

On March third I stayed up all night, I watched the finals. I remember the MVP coach was online in the gomtv chat, I told him this was the first gsl final I had ever watched. That I was watching it for DRG and he thanked me. Replying to me in the swirls of text that flashed through those old gom chats, he thanked me personally for being there to cheer for DRG. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I watched DRG win that gsl. I watched him become the best player in the world. I am a DRG fan. I will always be a DRG fan. He brought me back my passion for Starcraft. My love of the game and he reminded me that SCII is an art form, akin to a dance that is beautiful to watch. Every time I see DRG play I cheer for him (even against Liquid, my favourite team) last time Neo ran a DRG cheerful contest I drew DRG a swarmhost, to remind him of greater things to come. I stayed up the other night to cheer for him against YoDa and against Flying. I watched him until the final GG, sure that he could win and bring himself another championship. I was sure that DRG would reach those greater things I had promised him with that swarmhost, and though he didn’t achieve them in this gsl I am still confident that DRG can, and will, become a champion again.

DRG is my favourite player, a wonderful persona and an inspiration. As always: DRG fighting!



[image loading]


Thanks everybody!
You guys are the best!
#starcraftisnotdying
moo...for DRG
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 587
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings164
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Sea.KH 28
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1884
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo573
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 33m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 33m
Replay Cast
11h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.