• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:45
CEST 15:45
KST 22:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War95.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202620Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11858 users

[Interview] Up/Downs Group E 2013 GSL Season 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 12:13:08
March 07 2013 04:54 GMT
#1
(P)Woongjin Stars Flying

[image loading]

Source:This Is Game

You advanced to Code S as first from Group E. How do you feel?

I feel happy cause I think today turned out pretty easy. I had plans to go back home today and I think I’m going to be able go home feeling good.

How did you prepare for this difficult group?

I had a specific build prepared for each player. I went for an improvisation in the last game but I got flustered once I saw siege tanks from Bbyong and I wasn’t able to micro properly.

After constantly going back and forth within Code A, you have final established your name into Code S.

I always wanted to get into Code S but I had Proleague to focus on so I didn’t put a lot of priority onto the GSL. But this feeling is so new since I was finally able to get into Code S with today’s victory.

Proleague is also on a break. What’s the plan from here?

I know I am on break but I will have to focus heavily on the upcoming HotS events.

Have you tried out HotS?

I think Terran is the best race. Protoss got some new units but they really don’t have any room for uses. Personally, I was really excited for the tempest but all it’s good for is its long range. It’s a slow unit and I don’t see any merit behind it. But the mothership core is such a good unit that I’m not really sure how to utilize it properly in the beginning.

What are your next goals?

Everyone will be starting over from the same point so I definitely think the players that work the hardest will be the ones surviving. I want to stack up a ton of experience and make it all the way to the quarterfinals of Code S so that I can secure my spot for next season.

Anything else you would like to say?

WoL finally took its last bow today. It was a long road to transition but it was a short run in the end. I am expecting a lot of KeSPA players to just plow through HotS since everyone is starting from scratch. Woongjin Stars is currently on break but once we’ve all rested up I hope that we will prepare really hard for HotS so that we can take the championship for Proleague.

(Z)SK Telecom T1 soO

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You finally advanced to Code S after triple tiebreakers. How do you feel?

I was thinking that I wasn’t going to make it since I started with two straight losses but I told myself to start playing properly afterwards and I think it ended up working out well so I feel so good.

What did you think after seeing your group?

I figured a tiebreaker was going to ensue since everyone was so good and lo and behold, a tiebreak ensued (laughs). I was originally planning on advancing through my group as first but as soon as the tiebreakers happened I started feeling anxious.

The triple tiebreakers was a brand new record in the history of GSL.

This was my first tiebreakers experience. I heard that the Up/Downs were pure hell and thanks to today’s experience, I can vouch for that. I never want to experience this kind of format ever again.

How did you feel when a third tiebreaker ensued?

I figured both my opponents were exhausted so I told myself that I would be able to advance as long as I kept my focus. I felt like I was dying but I still did my best.

Any match you specifically remember?

The Akilon Flats game against Bbyong where he proxy two raxed me is fresh in my mind. I was expecting a two rax to come at me even before the game began but I still ended up losing. I was supposed to see marines heading my way but I didn’t see any so I dropped my guard and queued up drones. And then right as I did that his marines came in to attack.

The road to Code S was pretty difficult for you. What are your goals?

My first and foremost goal was to get into Code S. Now that I’ve achieved this goal my second goal is to attend the group nominations. And of course, the ultimate goal is the championship (laughs).

What are you anticipating for next season?

I think Zergs were much better in WoL than for HotS. I always felt really confident for WoL but HotS is pretty much do or die. How hard someone works will reflect the end results.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank the audience members who stuck through to the very end of the matches. I am sorry to the tiebreaker players who lost but I will do my absolute for them as well. I want to thank my coach for having my back from start to finish today. Lastly, I want to thank 8th Team’s MajOr for helping me with practice.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 07 2013 05:01 GMT
#2
Flying has been playing very well lately. Interested to see if he can keep it up or if he will fade away again like he did before
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
March 07 2013 05:01 GMT
#3
Thank yoooooooou
Refer to my post.
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
March 07 2013 05:04 GMT
#4
soO for the win!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 07 2013 05:33 GMT
#5
My concern as a Kespa fan is that the majority of kespa players have spent all their time of WoL where ESF and foreigners have spent a ton of time in beta. I fear that the early HOTS tournaments will put them behind. Flying seems pretty confident but i doubt he has put in even a 3rd as much time in HOTS as say Violet or Genius.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 07 2013 05:35 GMT
#6
i really don't think it will take more than a month to catch up
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Maghetti
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2429 Posts
March 07 2013 05:37 GMT
#7
On March 07 2013 14:35 opterown wrote:
i really don't think it will take more than a month to catch up

It still could mean a large number of kespa players falling from code S, for example.
MateShade
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia736 Posts
March 07 2013 05:45 GMT
#8
If they caught up being 2 years behind in a completely different game, pretty sure they can handle being 2 months behind in an expansion, just saying, use your head
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
March 07 2013 05:46 GMT
#9
flying is much a smart player, would fit in well with LG-IM
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
March 07 2013 05:49 GMT
#10
On March 07 2013 14:33 Maghetti wrote:
My concern as a Kespa fan is that the majority of kespa players have spent all their time of WoL where ESF and foreigners have spent a ton of time in beta. I fear that the early HOTS tournaments will put them behind. Flying seems pretty confident but i doubt he has put in even a 3rd as much time in HOTS as say Violet or Genius.

In the long run, it's nothing. Esf had 2 years over Kespa in Wol and look what happened. Kespa dudes might get thrashed this first GSL (or not, we'll see), but I'm not concerned. What I am concerned about though is Flash at this coming MLG >_>
Refer to my post.
Tsubbi
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany7997 Posts
March 07 2013 05:54 GMT
#11
kespa wont get thrashed at all, the next months will all be about who figures out the most imba strats first and abuses them before nerfs are coming haha
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
March 07 2013 05:57 GMT
#12
On March 07 2013 14:37 Maghetti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 14:35 opterown wrote:
i really don't think it will take more than a month to catch up

It still could mean a large number of kespa players falling from code S, for example.

there's about a month break there too, and you can be sure kespa will work hard for pl
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37119 Posts
March 07 2013 06:54 GMT
#13
Sorry for the delay. soO's interview is now up.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
March 07 2013 06:57 GMT
#14
Hooray for MajOr for helping with practice!
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
March 07 2013 07:05 GMT
#15
MajOr helping soO practice? nice to see his name in some of these interviews.
Good day for my liquibet
ppshchik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States862 Posts
March 07 2013 07:12 GMT
#16
On March 07 2013 14:33 Maghetti wrote:
My concern as a Kespa fan is that the majority of kespa players have spent all their time of WoL where ESF and foreigners have spent a ton of time in beta. I fear that the early HOTS tournaments will put them behind. Flying seems pretty confident but i doubt he has put in even a 3rd as much time in HOTS as say Violet or Genius.


Bisu should be grinding HOTS beta if he's not washing dishes...I hope.
Legends never die... they end up working in McDonalds.
NoGasfOu
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1117 Posts
March 07 2013 07:18 GMT
#17
Juanito fighting!!!
Tassadar/TheBest/Jjakji/Rain(terran)/Heart
revoN
Profile Joined February 2010
Japan804 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 07:28:13
March 07 2013 07:27 GMT
#18
It doesn't matter if the non-KeSPA players had a headstart in HOTS since the game has a long way to being figured out (and a lot of patching to do I'm sure). It's not like everyone has to go the same path the moment they switch to a new game. Ever heard about innovation? With their training regimen and resources it won't be long before KeSPA starts dictating the meta-game.
StarCraft도 Quake도 좋아해요.
Megaliskuu
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5123 Posts
March 07 2013 07:35 GMT
#19
Woah major getting a shoutout nice~
|BW>Everything|Add me on star2 KR server TheMuTaL.675 for practice games :)|NEX clan| https://www.dotabuff.com/players/183104694
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
March 07 2013 08:36 GMT
#20
thanks for the translations! love the confidence that Flying is displaying about HoTS! As mentioned, I think they will be fine even if esf players had a bit of a head start especially when you consider that there will be a lot of imba strats at the start of HoTS and patching. That and the transition they made from BW to WoL is a much much big jump then WoL to HoTS for obvious reasons lol
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 329
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37191
Calm 7747
Bisu 2038
Rain 1776
Jaedong 1149
Horang2 624
FanTaSy 614
BeSt 538
Larva 367
Rush 348
[ Show more ]
Soma 304
Light 297
Stork 287
Snow 184
Zeus 181
ZerO 161
Barracks 139
Free 115
910 91
Mind 86
Killer 72
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Hyun 49
ToSsGirL 38
Pusan 34
Shinee 34
NaDa 29
Aegong 26
Terrorterran 20
Hm[arnc] 16
Sexy 16
sorry 16
Rock 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
Dota 2
Gorgc6618
XaKoH 374
Counter-Strike
fl0m2760
olofmeister903
Other Games
gofns32399
singsing2312
B2W.Neo883
hiko409
Lowko353
crisheroes309
Mlord235
Hui .154
Livibee115
RotterdaM89
djWHEAT85
Mew2King76
DeMusliM73
QueenE43
Trikslyr16
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis4322
• Jankos2630
• TFBlade648
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
20h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.