• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:16
CEST 04:16
KST 11:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9933 users

SKT_Rain seeded into GSL Code S - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
661 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 34 Next All
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
March 06 2013 17:14 GMT
#341
On March 07 2013 01:57 TriZ wrote:
Could anyone tell me..

Will there be 34 players in the Ro32 of GSL 2013 Season 2 Code S?
Or are there players forfeiting that we(or me) don't know about?

I believe there will be 32, but I don't know why this would mean anybody has to forfeit. After Rain's seed and all the Up and Downs there are now 31 players for Code S. Then there is one seed remaining. Where did you get 34 from? (I don't mean that to be insulting, but I don't know where the number came from so I can't help explain why it's wrong).
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 17:28:02
March 06 2013 17:17 GMT
#342
I went in the thread with "Awesome! Makes sense!" Then I read all these "explanations" and I get confused and slightly irritated. It would have been enough for me to just say "Rain seeded. DEAL WITH IT!", instead of a bunch of "no, we are totally not apologizing and giving a hundred apologies for what is not even clear why should it be any problem in the first place".

Not to mention every league is totally free to seed whoever they want by whatever (nonexistent) criteria they wish. They organize it, it's their event, they own it, they can invite whoever they want. They can seed Dustin Browder's grandmother if they so desire. They don't need to behave like some freaking apologetic servants to us.
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
fluidin
Profile Joined November 2011
Singapore1084 Posts
March 06 2013 17:21 GMT
#343
On March 07 2013 02:14 Melliflue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 01:57 TriZ wrote:
Could anyone tell me..

Will there be 34 players in the Ro32 of GSL 2013 Season 2 Code S?
Or are there players forfeiting that we(or me) don't know about?

I believe there will be 32, but I don't know why this would mean anybody has to forfeit. After Rain's seed and all the Up and Downs there are now 31 players for Code S. Then there is one seed remaining. Where did you get 34 from? (I don't mean that to be insulting, but I don't know where the number came from so I can't help explain why it's wrong).


he probably thinks the wildcard group will still be played
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 06 2013 17:25 GMT
#344
Interesting. It was kind of unexpected for me. Maybe GSL and OSL might be looking to collaborate in the future, with OSL champions getting Code S seeds and GSL champions getting OSL seeds?
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Melliflue
Profile Joined October 2012
United Kingdom1389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 17:26:03
March 06 2013 17:25 GMT
#345
On March 07 2013 02:21 fluidin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 02:14 Melliflue wrote:
On March 07 2013 01:57 TriZ wrote:
Could anyone tell me..

Will there be 34 players in the Ro32 of GSL 2013 Season 2 Code S?
Or are there players forfeiting that we(or me) don't know about?

I believe there will be 32, but I don't know why this would mean anybody has to forfeit. After Rain's seed and all the Up and Downs there are now 31 players for Code S. Then there is one seed remaining. Where did you get 34 from? (I don't mean that to be insulting, but I don't know where the number came from so I can't help explain why it's wrong).


he probably thinks the wildcard group will still be played

That would make sense. If that's the case, an explanation: Last season's wild card group was a one-off though. It was instead of giving out seeds. Stephano did get a seed but that seed was to replace Polt who forfeited to go university in the US. They did not intend to give out any seeds last season.
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
March 06 2013 17:25 GMT
#346
This is just weird. But he said the reason will be revealed soon. I trust in chae.
Long live the Boss Toss!
Nirel
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel1526 Posts
March 06 2013 17:29 GMT
#347
I really hope he won some secret tournament...
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
March 06 2013 17:35 GMT
#348
yayy

now i have a reason to watch
Writer:o
RBKeys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada196 Posts
March 06 2013 17:36 GMT
#349
They should have had a proper release before they went ahead and said they were seeding him. It looks very unprofessional to just say "we're doing this now and we'll let you know why . . . later."
Thanks for the break :D
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
March 06 2013 17:40 GMT
#350
Calling it: the reason why he is getting this seed is because he is joining an ESF team. Don't know why, just got that vibe.

Also, I don't see what all the commotion is about? :S
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
edgeOut
Profile Joined February 2013
United States945 Posts
March 06 2013 17:41 GMT
#351
On March 07 2013 02:40 Jedclark wrote:
Calling it: the reason why he is getting this seed is because he is joining an ESF team. Don't know why, just got that vibe.

Also, I don't see what all the commotion is about? :S


That doesn't make sense, why would he get a seed just for joining another team?
Fuck you Zealously! For the fuck you give to those players.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
March 06 2013 17:44 GMT
#352
Why would Rain leave SKT? That makes little to no sense at all.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
hai2u
Profile Joined September 2011
688 Posts
March 06 2013 17:47 GMT
#353
Gomtv can give out 32 invites to GSL if they wanted to.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
March 06 2013 17:47 GMT
#354
I'm gonna be honest this seems like complete bullshit. Sniper would win between the two in overall GSL points am I correct? They better have a really good reason why he got a walkover in the hardest tournament in the world.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
edgeOut
Profile Joined February 2013
United States945 Posts
March 06 2013 17:49 GMT
#355
On March 07 2013 02:47 Darkhoarse wrote:
I'm gonna be honest this seems like complete bullshit. Sniper would win between the two in overall GSL points am I correct? They better have a really good reason why he got a walkover in the hardest tournament in the world.


GOM doesn't make sense for a long time already.
Fuck you Zealously! For the fuck you give to those players.
stew_
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada239 Posts
March 06 2013 17:49 GMT
#356
On March 07 2013 02:40 Jedclark wrote:
Calling it: the reason why he is getting this seed is because he is joining an ESF team. Don't know why, just got that vibe.

Also, I don't see what all the commotion is about? :S


dont see why anyone would leave a kespa team now to join a esf team
자연속에 내가 있다! 운!지!
kaarotto
Profile Joined February 2011
Colombia38 Posts
March 06 2013 17:50 GMT
#357
i hope that the seed is not cuz of stephano forfeited
............
EthanOz
Profile Joined September 2012
12 Posts
March 06 2013 17:53 GMT
#358
Beside's it's their tournament, in my opinion they can do what they want.


This.

I like Rain and I'm happy he'll be in code S. I have no problem at all with the seed.
" you think champions stop because they look tired? " - Liquid Snute
edgeOut
Profile Joined February 2013
United States945 Posts
March 06 2013 17:54 GMT
#359
On March 07 2013 02:53 EthanOz wrote:
Show nested quote +
Beside's it's their tournament, in my opinion they can do what they want.


This.

I like Rain and I'm happy he'll be in code S. I have no problem at all with the seed.


I like Rain getting the seed too. But that letter is pathetic. Why explain with no reason?
Fuck you Zealously! For the fuck you give to those players.
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 06 2013 17:54 GMT
#360
On March 07 2013 02:47 Darkhoarse wrote:
I'm gonna be honest this seems like complete bullshit. Sniper would win between the two in overall GSL points am I correct? They better have a really good reason why he got a walkover in the hardest tournament in the world.


Sniper won a GSL, Rain won an OSL, so that's roughly equivalent, but Rain is much more popular. It's unexpected, but you can still somewhat justify it.

Hell, remember when they gave Idra and Sen seeds to GSL Season 1 in 2012? Sen hadn't even placed higher than 3rd at a premier tournament, and Idra had only won IEM Guangzhou, against relatively light competition. This is much more reasonable than that at least.

Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings132
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 77
PiLiPiLi 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
Sharp 50
Bale 37
Dota 2
monkeys_forever535
NeuroSwarm202
League of Legends
Doublelift4513
Counter-Strike
taco 591
Other Games
summit1g7628
JimRising 560
C9.Mang0333
ViBE161
WinterStarcraft95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick918
BasetradeTV178
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP89
• poizon28 34
• davetesta30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1144
• Shiphtur0
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 45m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.