• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:13
CEST 21:13
KST 04:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10016 users

[Interview] SPL Woongjin vs CJ Round 3 2012-2013

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 02:37:19
February 25 2013 02:15 GMT
#1
(T)Woongjin Stars_Light

[image loading]

Source: Daily eSports

How do you feel about grabbing the victory?

I knew we were going to win if my turn came. I made a couple of mistakes here and there but I am relieved that I won. If I had allowed a comeback to occur, then I’m sure I would have been bitched out to no end (laughs).

What did your teammates say to you after you won?

My teammates told me that they were getting sleepy since sOs played a forty minute game so I told them that I would play a twenty minute only game. In the end, since I failed to keep my word, they bitched me out.

How come you stated earlier that you knew you guys were going to win?

Lately, we have all been doing so well. Whenever I’m scheduled to come out as the fifth player, sometimes I don’t even get sent out at all. I am confident in my TvT and I also prepared really well so I knew that I was going to win.

If you had to evaluate today’s game?

I think my performance was a little lacking since this was my first televised match in a while. If I had to evaluate today’s game, I’d give myself a 6.5. I didn’t do well but I am satisfied since I won.

You became the final victor for an OGN WoL match. (OGN studio closed down after this match for WoL and will resume for HotS)

It’s disappointing. It took me quite a while to adapt to WoL. I thought that things were going to be doable since I somewhat finally adapted but now I have to adapt to HotS so my head hurts. But the team is currently ranked at number one so I think I’ll be able to comfortably prepare for HotS. I am hoping that our team will finish off this season as ranked number one. Also, this is a new feeling since I was the final winner for a OGN WoL game. Achieving new records was a really far path for me but I am proud that I was able to achieve this feat.

Why is Woongjin doing so well?

I think this is a result of our hard work and dedication since we performed so abysmally last season. CJ Entus was also a team that we could never win against so we prepared even harder for them. Lately, we prepare our hardest even if we’re up against a team that is currently in a bad shape. This season, Woongjin Stars is a different team.

Head coach Lee Jae Gyun is really close to securing his 200th victory. Did he say that he was going to treat you guys to something if that happened?

The head coach is really sensitive to interviews and community responses. So I am hoping that the community will be able to pressure him into treating us (laughs).

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.

Are you worried?

Everyone says that the other races are OP. I’m sure the patches will come out as we keep playing. For now, I’m leaving everything to luck.

Anything else you would like to say?

I had no idea that our team was going to do this well. Even though we weren’t able to secure a lot of victories, BrAvO and I have always pulled through when it mattered and ZerO and Soulkey always come through so solidly. Also, we have a lot of Protoss players but they are always competing against each other so I think that’s why we’ve been able to maintain this kind of good atmosphere. I want to thank our head coach and our coaches. I really hope that we win the championship this season so that we can eat a lot of delicious food and get to go places.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 25 2013 02:19 GMT
#2
I didn't even see him win.
I thought that terran was Piano.
I guess Light was just a little hard to see.
On the side note thanks for translation and I thought Light would lose so i left :|
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
February 25 2013 02:20 GMT
#3
They said in the cast that the OGN studio is going to be closed for a few weeks to redo everything for HD broadcasts, so last night was the final WoL broadcast from there.
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8142 Posts
February 25 2013 02:30 GMT
#4
Glad Light and Stars are doing well.
xmungam
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1050 Posts
February 25 2013 02:30 GMT
#5
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT
youtube.com/xmungam ~~ twitch.tv/thenessman
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
February 25 2013 02:37 GMT
#6
What did your teammates say to you after you won?

My teammates told me that they were getting sleepy since sOs played a forty minute game so I told them that I would play a twenty minute only game. In the end, since I failed to keep my word, they bitched me out.

Poor Light
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 25 2013 02:39 GMT
#7
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?
When I think of something else, something will go here
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 25 2013 02:49 GMT
#8
WJS confirmed bitch team
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
xmungam
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1050 Posts
February 25 2013 02:58 GMT
#9
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


i was hoping to see the kespa pros play more than 1 season of WoL. i wanted to see the meta game develop for once without blizzard interfering and forcing the game into their own made up meta game.

blizzard has such a short attention span there is no way the sc2 pro scene will survive after the game is finished being released
youtube.com/xmungam ~~ twitch.tv/thenessman
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-25 03:08:34
February 25 2013 03:06 GMT
#10
On February 25 2013 11:19 LightningStrike wrote:
I didn't even see him win.
I thought that terran was Piano.
I guess Light was just a little hard to see.
On the side note thanks for translation and I thought Light would lose so i left :|


It would be much better if it was Piano T_T;


EDIT~

@XMungam: Why would they play a game that blizzard won't pay attention to anymore and no one wants to watch? It would be like playing SC1 without BW in 2011 (dumb)
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
February 25 2013 03:58 GMT
#11
I've always imagined the star's players to interact with each other in a way similar to how soulkey and zero interacted with each other in interviews in the past. would like to see
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
February 25 2013 04:04 GMT
#12
On February 25 2013 11:58 xmungam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


i was hoping to see the kespa pros play more than 1 season of WoL. i wanted to see the meta game develop for once without blizzard interfering and forcing the game into their own made up meta game.

blizzard has such a short attention span there is no way the sc2 pro scene will survive after the game is finished being released

Oh stop it.
Refer to my post.
Veldril
Profile Joined August 2010
Thailand1817 Posts
February 25 2013 04:11 GMT
#13
On February 25 2013 11:58 xmungam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


i was hoping to see the kespa pros play more than 1 season of WoL. i wanted to see the meta game develop for once without blizzard interfering and forcing the game into their own made up meta game.

blizzard has such a short attention span there is no way the sc2 pro scene will survive after the game is finished being released


You should realize that Blizz doesn't force anyone to switch to HotS. IPL will even run a WoL tournament after HotS release.
Without love, we can't see anything. Without love, the truth can't be seen. - Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
February 25 2013 05:33 GMT
#14
On February 25 2013 11:58 xmungam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


i was hoping to see the kespa pros play more than 1 season of WoL. i wanted to see the meta game develop for once without blizzard interfering and forcing the game into their own made up meta game.

blizzard has such a short attention span there is no way the sc2 pro scene will survive after the game is finished being released

By the time Kespa fully developed Wol scene, they will be behind for HotS. Why not just do it earlier?
moochu
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia374 Posts
February 25 2013 05:48 GMT
#15
On February 25 2013 11:58 xmungam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


i was hoping to see the kespa pros play more than 1 season of WoL. i wanted to see the meta game develop for once without blizzard interfering and forcing the game into their own made up meta game.

blizzard has such a short attention span there is no way the sc2 pro scene will survive after the game is finished being released


Personally i see this all as a warm up till the last expansion comes out and all the units are released and then they'be done a few balance patches.
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
February 25 2013 05:50 GMT
#16
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


I'm sorry, did I miss a re-transition to Brood War?

+ Show Spoiler +




Thank you for the interview! Btw does anyone else find it hilarious that Light has no image on Liquipedia? http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Light_(Korean_player)
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
LuckyMacro
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1482 Posts
February 25 2013 06:06 GMT
#17
On February 25 2013 14:50 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 11:39 blade55555 wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:30 xmungam wrote:
On February 25 2013 11:15 Seeker wrote:

Round four will commence as HotS.

I’ve tried it several times during the beta stage. I think I’m going to have to view it as yet another fresh start and work really hard. But I don’t think the transition will be as bad as my BW to SC2 transition.




WTF THIS IS SO FUCKING BULLSHIT


You are mad they are moving to a way better game and a lot more entertaining?


I'm sorry, did I miss a re-transition to Brood War?

+ Show Spoiler +




Thank you for the interview! Btw does anyone else find it hilarious that Light has no image on Liquipedia? http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Light_(Korean_player)


Which leads me to believe that the liquidpedia for BW for Light is obviously flawed.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Light

You can obviously see his picture in this one. Someone messed up.
a9arnn
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1537 Posts
February 25 2013 06:32 GMT
#18
Lee Jae Ho fightinggg!!!
VOD finder guy for sc2ratings.com/ ! aka: ogndrahcir, a9azn2 | Go ZerO, Stork, Sea, and KawaiiRice :D | nesc2league.com/forum/index.php | youtube.com/watch?v=oaGtjWL5mZo
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
February 25 2013 08:01 GMT
#19
Nice translation. Keep it up !
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason181
BRAT_OK 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14214
Artosis 328
Mini 266
Dewaltoss 142
Mind 84
Hyun 44
ZZZero.O 41
Bale 23
NaDa 21
Dota 2
qojqva2840
420jenkins554
Counter-Strike
fl0m4036
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6555
Khaldor1304
Liquid`Hasu1026
MindelVK13
Other Games
summit1g4365
FrodaN1761
B2W.Neo788
byalli421
ToD157
QueenE67
Railgan46
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1159
BasetradeTV233
StarCraft 2
angryscii 37
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 39
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• FirePhoenix7
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• niya90s 2
• FT.aCt)Sony1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3817
Other Games
• imaqtpie866
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
15h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
20h 47m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 15h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.