• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:20
CEST 17:20
KST 00:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7783 users

Global Play is live on Wings of Liberty (testing?) - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
January 25 2013 00:52 GMT
#161
Works, but is super inconsistent. My KR acct doesn't work on US, can't log into KR with it because of "needs language pack", but my main acct works on EU just fine. Got the feeling this isn't really meant to be used yet!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
January 25 2013 00:52 GMT
#162
On January 25 2013 09:22 uyubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 08:48 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:34 uyubo wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:30 shineq wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:25 uyubo wrote:
I used the Relocalizer, switched to koKR, but when I tried to log in I got a "GLOBAL_INTERNAL_ERROR" message ;_;


Close SC2, re-open it. Type in a wrong password the first time you do it, get the error and then type in the real password. It worked for me.


Well, that did something, now it's giving me a different error message, but I can't read Korean so I don't know what it says :/

Screenshot it



+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:00 xpaperclip wrote:
It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

This will cause the Region button which SEA has had for the longest time to appear (it fades in after a while), but the strings for AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION and AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION were only added in 1.5.4.


Cool! I get the "Region" button, but when I choose Korea and try to log on, I get this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Error message says you're using the wrong language - do you have a TW account attached to that account? It's the message you get when you try to log on a KR client with a TW account.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
blooblooblahblah
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4163 Posts
January 25 2013 00:53 GMT
#163
Europe server is quite hilarious. Got accused and reported for map hacking twice in a row cos i held off their cheeses. I think ima just stick with Korea.
Ganzi beat me without stim. Ostojiy beat me with a nydus. Siphonn beat me with probes. Revival beat my sentry-immortal all-in.
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
January 25 2013 00:54 GMT
#164
What would be considered good ping? Can somone give a rough scale? From Very good to unplayable? My tracert to kr.battle.net gives pings from 100 -350 (which I think is pretty good considering I'm in Ireland - read, other side of the world). Is doing a tracert to the bnet site a fair equivalent of what the game servers would be like?

My ping to the US is pretty good, it times out after about 23 tries and gets alot of sub-100s (95ish). Only one goes over 200 (a lot of 170s). This is playable isn't it? Sub 150 is alright, sub-100 is decent (50s is good/very good). Would I be correct?

Again, I'm just looking for some input on a rough scale and if my numbers for my country might be good. Also, I'm assuming the first few "hops" with low ping are local ones (like the first onwe is 1, which is my network I'm guessing, and the next 2 are less than 15).

Thanks! I Time to tear up NA
MooMu
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada615 Posts
January 25 2013 00:54 GMT
#165
Thanks!!!!

regions.xml worked perfectly!
uyubo
Profile Joined January 2013
United States15 Posts
January 25 2013 00:56 GMT
#166
On January 25 2013 09:52 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:22 uyubo wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:48 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:34 uyubo wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:30 shineq wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:25 uyubo wrote:
I used the Relocalizer, switched to koKR, but when I tried to log in I got a "GLOBAL_INTERNAL_ERROR" message ;_;


Close SC2, re-open it. Type in a wrong password the first time you do it, get the error and then type in the real password. It worked for me.


Well, that did something, now it's giving me a different error message, but I can't read Korean so I don't know what it says :/

Screenshot it



+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On January 25 2013 09:00 xpaperclip wrote:
It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

This will cause the Region button which SEA has had for the longest time to appear (it fades in after a while), but the strings for AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION and AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION were only added in 1.5.4.


Cool! I get the "Region" button, but when I choose Korea and try to log on, I get this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Error message says you're using the wrong language - do you have a TW account attached to that account? It's the message you get when you try to log on a KR client with a TW account.


TY! Yes, I have a TW account on the same battle.net account. What should I do?
For this fear of death is indeed the pretense of wisdom, and not real wisdom, being the appearance of knowing the unknown; since no one knows whether death, which they in their fear apprehend to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good.
Csong
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada396 Posts
January 25 2013 00:58 GMT
#167
holy crap this is amazing cant wait to play on the other servers :D
uyubo
Profile Joined January 2013
United States15 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 00:58:47
January 25 2013 00:58 GMT
#168
On January 25 2013 09:54 Gumbi wrote:
What would be considered good ping? Can somone give a rough scale? From Very good to unplayable? My tracert to kr.battle.net gives pings from 100 -350 (which I think is pretty good considering I'm in Ireland - read, other side of the world). Is doing a tracert to the bnet site a fair equivalent of what the game servers would be like?

My ping to the US is pretty good, it times out after about 23 tries and gets alot of sub-100s (95ish). Only one goes over 200 (a lot of 170s). This is playable isn't it? Sub 150 is alright, sub-100 is decent (50s is good/very good). Would I be correct?

Again, I'm just looking for some input on a rough scale and if my numbers for my country might be good. Also, I'm assuming the first few "hops" with low ping are local ones (like the first onwe is 1, which is my network I'm guessing, and the next 2 are less than 15).

Thanks! I Time to tear up NA


Personally I feel like under 300ms is a fine place to be. My last few pings to KR/TW battle.net are around 250 and the lag is noticeable, but not so bad.
For this fear of death is indeed the pretense of wisdom, and not real wisdom, being the appearance of knowing the unknown; since no one knows whether death, which they in their fear apprehend to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
January 25 2013 00:59 GMT
#169
incoming throng of low tier koreans to GM league NA/EU
KirA_TheGreaT
Profile Joined April 2011
France204 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 01:03:11
January 25 2013 01:00 GMT
#170
I can switch servers via the regions button but it just won't let me log on US server

I can play on SEA though
PressItDown
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore74 Posts
January 25 2013 01:03 GMT
#171
I can finally play with a decent ping again!

80ping to kr vs 200 to NA, I wonder why blizz chose to have SEA players on the NA server....

Time to get ass kicked by Koreans.
Yes, i suck.
mau5mat
Profile Blog Joined September 2012
Northern Ireland461 Posts
January 25 2013 01:03 GMT
#172
On January 25 2013 09:40 Elwar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:33 mau5mat wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:31 Breach_hu wrote:
It works fine, i just made a regions.xml and i cancelled the remember account and it appeared.



You pasted the text into notepad, right? I have tried doing this method, and I have unchecked remember account, but I'm not getting anything.

Make sure your saving it as regions.xml, and not regions.xml.txt (the default). You have to set notepad to all files.


Worked perfectly now thanks! I didn't set it to all files
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
January 25 2013 01:09 GMT
#173
On January 25 2013 09:52 Pokebunny wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:22 uyubo wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:48 Pokebunny wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:34 uyubo wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:30 shineq wrote:
On January 25 2013 08:25 uyubo wrote:
I used the Relocalizer, switched to koKR, but when I tried to log in I got a "GLOBAL_INTERNAL_ERROR" message ;_;


Close SC2, re-open it. Type in a wrong password the first time you do it, get the error and then type in the real password. It worked for me.


Well, that did something, now it's giving me a different error message, but I can't read Korean so I don't know what it says :/

Screenshot it



+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


On January 25 2013 09:00 xpaperclip wrote:
It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

This will cause the Region button which SEA has had for the longest time to appear (it fades in after a while), but the strings for AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION and AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION were only added in 1.5.4.


Cool! I get the "Region" button, but when I choose Korea and try to log on, I get this:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Error message says you're using the wrong language - do you have a TW account attached to that account? It's the message you get when you try to log on a KR client with a TW account.


Is there a way to fix this? I'm having this problem too. It works if I use the relocalizer (to TW) but the regions.xml doesnt work

Not a big deal since KR has 250 ping for me anyway.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
January 25 2013 01:14 GMT
#174
On January 25 2013 09:40 Elwar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:33 mau5mat wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:31 Breach_hu wrote:
It works fine, i just made a regions.xml and i cancelled the remember account and it appeared.



You pasted the text into notepad, right? I have tried doing this method, and I have unchecked remember account, but I'm not getting anything.

Make sure your saving it as regions.xml, and not regions.xml.txt (the default). You have to set notepad to all files.

Aware me on how to do this.

These instructions are pretty vague. I'm too nooby.
hi. big fan.
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
January 25 2013 01:14 GMT
#175
On January 25 2013 09:00 xpaperclip wrote:
It is totally unnecessary to download a new client or use a relocalizer (unless you want different voices or text). Just create a file called regions.xml in your StarCraft II program files folder (where the Starcraft II.exe is) with the following contents.

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>

This will cause the Region button which SEA has had for the longest time to appear (it fades in after a while), but the strings for AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION and AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION were only added in 1.5.4.


Thanks that's really awesome and saves a lot of time :D
Moderatorlickypiddy
morlakaix
Profile Joined February 2011
United States860 Posts
January 25 2013 01:15 GMT
#176
people have been asking for this but what's the point, NA players get like 150+ ping on korea so what's the point of playing
uyubo
Profile Joined January 2013
United States15 Posts
January 25 2013 01:19 GMT
#177
On January 25 2013 10:14 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 09:40 Elwar wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:33 mau5mat wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:31 Breach_hu wrote:
It works fine, i just made a regions.xml and i cancelled the remember account and it appeared.



You pasted the text into notepad, right? I have tried doing this method, and I have unchecked remember account, but I'm not getting anything.

Make sure your saving it as regions.xml, and not regions.xml.txt (the default). You have to set notepad to all files.

Aware me on how to do this.

These instructions are pretty vague. I'm too nooby.


When you go to "Save As..." in notepad, and you type in the name you want to save it as, there's a dropdown box below where you can select "All Files" and type a file extension after the name when you save (.xml in this case.)

Here's where it is

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
For this fear of death is indeed the pretense of wisdom, and not real wisdom, being the appearance of knowing the unknown; since no one knows whether death, which they in their fear apprehend to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good.
thirtyapm
Profile Joined January 2012
521 Posts
January 25 2013 01:22 GMT
#178
can't wait to get into gold league in KR
Tosster
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland299 Posts
January 25 2013 01:23 GMT
#179
Regions Button works perfectly fine! Altough when i try to relocalize to NA, error says i need to download authentcation service or something like that.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
January 25 2013 01:24 GMT
#180
On January 25 2013 10:19 uyubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 10:14 FataLe wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:40 Elwar wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:33 mau5mat wrote:
On January 25 2013 09:31 Breach_hu wrote:
It works fine, i just made a regions.xml and i cancelled the remember account and it appeared.



You pasted the text into notepad, right? I have tried doing this method, and I have unchecked remember account, but I'm not getting anything.

Make sure your saving it as regions.xml, and not regions.xml.txt (the default). You have to set notepad to all files.

Aware me on how to do this.

These instructions are pretty vague. I'm too nooby.


When you go to "Save As..." in notepad, and you type in the name you want to save it as, there's a dropdown box below where you can select "All Files" and type a file extension after the name when you save (.xml in this case.)

Here's where it is

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Legend.
hi. big fan.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM339
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 339
Reynor 231
ByuN 185
TKL 130
Railgan 78
Codebar 59
BRAT_OK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60287
Bisu 2865
FanTaSy 1030
Stork 849
Calm 604
Rush 427
hero 412
firebathero 202
Snow 142
Sharp 91
[ Show more ]
Free 67
Mind 66
Sea.KH 52
Pusan 49
ToSsGirL 38
Trap 38
Sexy 32
Mong 25
Bale 25
Hm[arnc] 22
Aegong 21
Terrorterran 21
Rock 20
HiyA 17
soO 17
Sacsri 10
Shine 10
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8458
Dendi1118
Counter-Strike
fl0m4445
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
singsing2253
Liquid`RaSZi1453
B2W.Neo704
Beastyqt493
olofmeister475
Mlord470
Khaldor445
KnowMe309
Hui .222
crisheroes174
Chillindude66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV263
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV581
League of Legends
• Nemesis3513
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1750
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 40m
OSC
7h 40m
Replay Cast
7h 40m
OSC
20h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.