• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:14
CEST 14:14
KST 21:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7168 users

Global Play is live on Wings of Liberty (testing?) - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
FireMonkey
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Australia105 Posts
January 28 2013 06:22 GMT
#441
just about every terran so far has proxy 2 rax bunker rushed me on the korean ladder...its strange because so far no zerg or protoss has cheesed me..infact in zvz zerg go hatch first
fuck bitches, get money
diddLY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States215 Posts
January 28 2013 13:29 GMT
#442
On January 28 2013 13:27 IceBergZ wrote:
I cant ladder at korea it says starter edition need upgrade


I'm getting the same on this now
diddLY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States215 Posts
January 28 2013 13:33 GMT
#443
On January 28 2013 22:29 diddLY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 13:27 IceBergZ wrote:
I cant ladder at korea it says starter edition need upgrade


I'm getting the same on this now


Fixed it by logging into US then logging back into KR.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
January 28 2013 14:03 GMT
#444
can't use my KR account to log onto my NA... says I need a language pack? wtf? anyone know about this?
Jochan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Poland1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-29 01:28:35
January 29 2013 00:08 GMT
#445
Did anyone find a fix for this NA issue? I can log in to every other region and play normal ladder games (no starter edition) on KR, SEA and my home EU, but when I input my password and click connect I get this:
+ Show Spoiler [screenshot] +
http://imgur.com/2eVuFNl


I've even uninstalled my SC2 and I've downloaded/installed clear EU version.

Edit. There is a solution, apparently it's ISP/routing related on the blizzard side. To work around it you need to use different DNS address, I've tested it with google 8.8.8.8/8.8.8.4 and it works fine. Strange thing is, this is somewhat related to cache or something because I've logged in once, it looked it's working and changed back to me default DNS. But I couldn't see ladders and map names etc. I've changed it back to google, looked around different pages/tabs of client and it suddenly was again on default DNS. I can now ladder/que for custom games on my default DNS (I've done it on google) but for example I cannot join a lobby (didn't do it previously).
"(...)all in the game, yo. All in the game"
HighlyToxic
Profile Joined July 2011
France101 Posts
January 29 2013 09:53 GMT
#446
There is a solution, apparently it's ISP/routing related on the blizzard side. To work around it you need to use different DNS address, I've tested it with google 8.8.8.8/8.8.8.4 and it works fine. Strange thing is, this is somewhat related to cache or something because I've logged in once, it looked it's working and changed back to me default DNS. But I couldn't see ladders and map names etc. I've changed it back to google, looked around different pages/tabs of client and it suddenly was again on default DNS. I can now ladder/que for custom games on my default DNS (I've done it on google) but for example I cannot join a lobby (didn't do it previously).


Thanks to Jochan, i can ladder on every server, thx so much !
This solution should be added in the first post of this thread.
Steglich
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark282 Posts
January 29 2013 10:23 GMT
#447
This can cause some problems, but it definitely works and it is a really nice feature.
Greenei
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany1754 Posts
January 29 2013 11:03 GMT
#448
On January 27 2013 10:28 IM_Junior wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 08:04 Gumbi wrote:
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.


Yeah, Im Diamond on NA and currently Gold in Korea ladder, and today a Terran harassed me sooo well with a Thor drop .... Sniped all my queens at the 8 min mark ... nice and clean movement ..... ZvZ are sooo freaking hard, at this level I will improve faster than on NA ....,


that is completely a placeboeffect. if your mmr has stabilized your opponents are the same strength.
IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA
Steglich
Profile Joined September 2011
Denmark282 Posts
January 29 2013 11:29 GMT
#449
On January 29 2013 20:03 Greenei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 10:28 IM_Junior wrote:
On January 27 2013 08:04 Gumbi wrote:
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.


Yeah, Im Diamond on NA and currently Gold in Korea ladder, and today a Terran harassed me sooo well with a Thor drop .... Sniped all my queens at the 8 min mark ... nice and clean movement ..... ZvZ are sooo freaking hard, at this level I will improve faster than on NA ....,


that is completely a placeboeffect. if your mmr has stabilized your opponents are the same strength.


Or lag. I have terrible lag on KR playing from EU.
But actually that does not really matter in MMR rating.
Mariosatr
Profile Joined September 2012
294 Posts
January 29 2013 11:34 GMT
#450
Good thing I already installed KR for the language pack
A mind sharper than any blade.
MrJoKer
Profile Joined November 2011
France232 Posts
January 30 2013 17:41 GMT
#451
YES YES YES !!!
@AbeggJip
synd
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria586 Posts
January 31 2013 13:28 GMT
#452
Anyone with EU main account having problems with NA starter edition?
The biggest problem I notice is that when I play HotS it says I can't go past lvl 2 because I have only a starter NA account o.O
thetaoptimus
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland24 Posts
February 02 2013 15:08 GMT
#453
For all EU folts that have problems with connecting to the NA server.

Change your DNS to a google one's 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. After switching DNS i have no problems with playing on NA.
CaliPark
Profile Joined August 2012
United States20 Posts
February 03 2013 07:16 GMT
#454
This is so incredible. Thank you for the information and heads up! WOOHOO!! Time to get some placement matches on SEA, EU, and KR so I can see what my real skill level is.
JimTheCat
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada44 Posts
February 03 2013 07:20 GMT
#455
SUPER happy blizzard did this! such a good idea
I do not know what to do.
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
February 03 2013 12:24 GMT
#456
How does this affect people with multi-region licenses on one account?
For example, the people that have an NA, EU and KR license, will they have 3 accounts available to them, or will they just be laughed at, for having paid triple the money for the same functionality others have?
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
myRZeth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1047 Posts
February 03 2013 12:39 GMT
#457
On February 03 2013 21:24 kaluro wrote:
How does this affect people with multi-region licenses on one account?
For example, the people that have an NA, EU and KR license, will they have 3 accounts available to them, or will they just be laughed at, for having paid triple the money for the same functionality others have?


i guess laughed at
Sviszt
Profile Joined February 2013
Venezuela2 Posts
February 03 2013 14:11 GMT
#458
do i need to have the authenticator? i mean, cuz i did this... i created a text file called regions.xml... and copy that information at the sc2 folder..

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>


ok xD but.. when i open sc2 WoL it doesnt show the button "regions"... i think something is wrong.. do i need to do something else? do i need to download the client as the other regions? i mean, it is not working for me please ask me.. please answer me ty
lemon party?
Dirkinity
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany409 Posts
February 03 2013 14:16 GMT
#459
AUTHENTICATION |= Authenticator

the .xml thing works perfect if you don't have the "remember account" thing marked.
PressItDown
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore74 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-03 14:25:12
February 03 2013 14:23 GMT
#460
On February 03 2013 23:11 Sviszt wrote:
do i need to have the authenticator? i mean, cuz i did this... i created a text file called regions.xml... and copy that information at the sc2 folder..

<regions>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_SG_REGION" hostname="sg"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enSG"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_US_REGION" hostname="us"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enUS"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_EU_REGION" hostname="eu"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="enGB"/>
<region displayname="AUTHENTICATION_KR_REGION" hostname="kr"
allowedProductLocales="all" localesThatDefaultToThisRegion="koKR"/>
</regions>


ok xD but.. when i open sc2 WoL it doesnt show the button "regions"... i think something is wrong.. do i need to do something else? do i need to download the client as the other regions? i mean, it is not working for me please ask me.. please answer me ty


Are you sure you saved the .txt as a .xml and it isn't actually regions.xml.txt?

And the regions.xml method works fine for me even if i have save accounts ticked.

EDIT: Not sure if i am allowed to share this. (Please inform me if i am not, i will remove it immediately)

Regions.xml

Yes, i suck.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 989
WardiTV471
OGKoka 248
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko417
mouzHeroMarine 321
OGKoka 248
Rex 145
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2332
Horang2 1427
Larva 1227
EffOrt 832
Shuttle 801
BeSt 614
Soma 514
Mini 286
Hyuk 258
ZerO 190
[ Show more ]
Stork 188
Light 185
Rush 134
Zeus 125
ggaemo 121
Killer 81
Hyun 78
Barracks 74
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 32
Bale 30
Yoon 25
Mong 25
sorry 20
PianO 19
Aegong 19
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
Sexy 13
zelot 11
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Dendi1613
qojqva192
BananaSlamJamma179
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli686
x6flipin624
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1614
B2W.Neo436
crisheroes288
Sick238
XaKoH 237
Pyrionflax157
hiko87
ArmadaUGS83
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream547
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2062
Other Games
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.