• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:15
CEST 14:15
KST 21:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7351 users

Global Play is live on Wings of Liberty (testing?) - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Proxee
Profile Joined September 2011
63 Posts
January 26 2013 22:31 GMT
#421
So I have a TW account already, Got it a couple months ago. How do I go about playing on NA if I have it downloaded already?
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
January 26 2013 23:04 GMT
#422
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.
IM_Junior
Profile Joined April 2012
Mexico29 Posts
January 27 2013 01:28 GMT
#423
On January 27 2013 08:04 Gumbi wrote:
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.


Yeah, Im Diamond on NA and currently Gold in Korea ladder, and today a Terran harassed me sooo well with a Thor drop .... Sniped all my queens at the 8 min mark ... nice and clean movement ..... ZvZ are sooo freaking hard, at this level I will improve faster than on NA ....,
Zerg for life !!! --- DRG / Stephano / Leenock / Life and Nesteaaaaaa
geokilla
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada8255 Posts
January 27 2013 01:48 GMT
#424
As a high Platinum Terran, I had no problem owning my Terran opponent in the first placement match. The lag was terrible though. How do the pros deal with it?
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
January 27 2013 01:59 GMT
#425
Keep in mind that a lof of players made the switch. So it's pretty possible you're facing the opponent that were actually better than what their rank currently show.
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
zephiK
Profile Joined March 2012
United States372 Posts
January 27 2013 02:38 GMT
#426
On January 26 2013 18:15 IM_Junior wrote:
Korean ladder is so freaking hard ..... im Diamond on NA im currently in Silver right there, and I feel at the same level ..... Wow ......

I'm platinum and I went 4-1 in my placements, should of won my 5th one but my army was out of position. Lost the last placement game against a platinum Zerg but I was so far ahead =/

Got placed into Gold. Platinum on NA ladder
IM_Junior
Profile Joined April 2012
Mexico29 Posts
January 27 2013 03:21 GMT
#427
On January 27 2013 11:38 zephiK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 18:15 IM_Junior wrote:
Korean ladder is so freaking hard ..... im Diamond on NA im currently in Silver right there, and I feel at the same level ..... Wow ......

I'm platinum and I went 4-1 in my placements, should of won my 5th one but my army was out of position. Lost the last placement game against a platinum Zerg but I was so far ahead =/

Got placed into Gold. Platinum on NA ladder


It is a different style I think we only have to adapt to their gameplay, I was placed in silver went 4-1 in placement matches, and after 20 games, im now on Platinum !!!! XD ......
Zerg for life !!! --- DRG / Stephano / Leenock / Life and Nesteaaaaaa
Jacobe
Profile Joined April 2011
United States44 Posts
January 27 2013 04:16 GMT
#428
does anyone know how to fix the language pack error on the korean server?
It's all south of the border
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
January 27 2013 06:57 GMT
#429
playing "destroy temple: pro gamer battle"
i missed playing this so much, so glad to see theres sc2 version of it :D

try it on kr custom! "신전부수기: 프로게이대전"
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 08:23:17
January 27 2013 08:17 GMT
#430
On Korea, not only do I get a 200-400 ms delay from my actions actually happening but I occasionally get 2-4 seconds of "everything is frozen" lag spikes (which seems more like client side lag than network lag).

Anyone else experience this?

On January 27 2013 07:31 Proxee wrote:
So I have a TW account already, Got it a couple months ago. How do I go about playing on NA if I have it downloaded already?


Have you tried the regions.xml trick (it's described in the first few pages) to get the region button to appear?

Also remember once you have region.xml in your SC2 folder, click on the "up arrow" next to your email/login name in the SC2 login screen, then the region button should appear.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
January 27 2013 09:43 GMT
#431
are KR and TW servers linked or different?
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
PressItDown
Profile Joined July 2011
Singapore74 Posts
January 27 2013 11:25 GMT
#432
On January 27 2013 18:43 GTPGlitch wrote:
are KR and TW servers linked or different?


They are linked
Yes, i suck.
HighlyToxic
Profile Joined July 2011
France101 Posts
January 27 2013 20:08 GMT
#433
Can't connect to the US server...
Other ones are working
WOPR
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada145 Posts
January 27 2013 20:20 GMT
#434
On January 27 2013 08:04 Gumbi wrote:
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.


i also had lag issues on the KR server so i did some research on the web and found 2 tools that helped with the lag a ton. here are the links:

leatrix latency fix
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

WTFast app

http://www.wtfast.com/

the wtfast app is free for 31 days then u have to pay for it. i gave it a go and it helped a ton. make sure that u select the KR server in the app. also i read online that graphic and sound settings add to lag if they are too high. hope this helps
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ---Aristotle
Chicken Chaser
Profile Joined July 2010
United States533 Posts
January 27 2013 20:38 GMT
#435
On January 28 2013 05:20 WOPR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 08:04 Gumbi wrote:
The talk of Korean ladder is no exaggeration. I am mid master in Eu, took me 2 days to get number 1 master in NA (lol). I have only played 1 game on Kor (lag is pretty bad, unplayable really). I played a Bronzie, PvP. He did a Sentry Immo expand off 2 Gates (pretty standard build in PvP). made probes. Did an attack with his units. He made Probes. He macroed properly off 2 bases and executed a decent attack. I won pretty handily, but honestly, this level of play is unheard of in EU Bronze. They don't even know how to make workers properly, let alone execute a 2 base attack reasonably cleanly. The Bronzie felt like a mid-high Plat to me.


i also had lag issues on the KR server so i did some research on the web and found 2 tools that helped with the lag a ton. here are the links:

leatrix latency fix
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13581-LeatrixLatencyFix.html

WTFast app

http://www.wtfast.com/

the wtfast app is free for 31 days then u have to pay for it. i gave it a go and it helped a ton. make sure that u select the KR server in the app. also i read online that graphic and sound settings add to lag if they are too high. hope this helps


Does anyone else have experience using these apps? I've never heard of them until now.. and a TL search doesn't really yield any results besides a closed thread from 2010. Does Leatrix Plus even work for SC2?
WOPR
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada145 Posts
January 27 2013 20:45 GMT
#436
i just used the latency fix not the plus version. im not a networking specialist but this is what it does

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/691701-Leatrix-Latency-Fix-Does-it-work-Anyone-tried-this-before

i noticed improvement. maybe someone that knows about networking can shed thier knowledge on this matter a bit further
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ---Aristotle
Chicken Chaser
Profile Joined July 2010
United States533 Posts
January 27 2013 22:20 GMT
#437
Oops, I meant to say Leatrix Latency Fix--that's what I downloaded too. I don't know if I noticed any improvement on the KR server, but that could also be due to heavy traffic on my apartment's internet. Maybe if I try during off hours...
Stahlbolzen
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany33 Posts
January 28 2013 00:28 GMT
#438
What if i allready have a US and EU account under 1 emailadress? How is it possible to with each other on a different server?
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
January 28 2013 04:27 GMT
#439
I cant ladder at korea it says starter edition need upgrade
IceBergZ
Profile Joined September 2012
Malaysia176 Posts
January 28 2013 05:15 GMT
#440
fixed
now im a korean gold haha
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 989
WardiTV471
OGKoka 248
Rex145
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko417
mouzHeroMarine 321
OGKoka 248
Rex 145
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2332
Horang2 1427
Larva 1227
EffOrt 832
Shuttle 801
BeSt 614
Soma 514
Mini 286
Hyuk 258
ZerO 190
[ Show more ]
Stork 188
Light 185
Rush 134
Zeus 125
ggaemo 121
Killer 81
Hyun 78
Barracks 74
ToSsGirL 33
Shinee 32
Bale 30
Yoon 25
Mong 25
sorry 20
PianO 19
Aegong 19
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
Sexy 13
zelot 11
Noble 8
HiyA 7
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Dendi1613
qojqva192
BananaSlamJamma179
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli686
x6flipin624
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1614
B2W.Neo436
crisheroes288
Sick238
XaKoH 237
Pyrionflax157
hiko87
ArmadaUGS83
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream547
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH308
• StrangeGG 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2062
Other Games
• WagamamaTV236
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 46m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.