• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:50
CEST 14:50
KST 21:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6951 users

Global Play is live on Wings of Liberty (testing?) - Page 25

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
oriwarr
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden29 Posts
February 19 2013 15:24 GMT
#481
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.


thanks that solved it.
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
February 19 2013 16:10 GMT
#482
On February 20 2013 00:24 brain_storm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.


thanks that solved it.

Thanks very much, understanding why it's happening (as opposed to just getting a fix) is always helpful).
MistSC2
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden583 Posts
February 19 2013 17:17 GMT
#483
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.



I dont understand, where do you even find the HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? thing?
Maru, TY, Clem <3
misspoo
Profile Joined December 2012
France63 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 18:00:26
February 19 2013 17:51 GMT
#484
Hi, so i deleted my regions.xml because global play is official and now i don't see anything to switch on differents servers.

And when i use the regions.xml i crash when i want to use an other server... I have to go to my regedit and write eu in.
When i launch my launcher it say "Data is downloading for the next update" each time.
Black[CAT]
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Malaysia2589 Posts
February 19 2013 18:33 GMT
#485
On February 20 2013 02:17 prOxySC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.



I dont understand, where do you even find the HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? thing?


Are you serious? Windows registry, duh!
You mean ESPORTS isnt a synonym for SC2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ -Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Blue Switches- BW or SC2? Why not both?
henkel
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands146 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 19:32:57
February 19 2013 19:21 GMT
#486
On February 20 2013 03:33 Black[CAT] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 20 2013 02:17 prOxySC2 wrote:
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.



I dont understand, where do you even find the HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? thing?


Are you serious? Windows registry, duh!


Bit of a pc noob to, mind explaining in noob terms how to find it? (i know about regedit) but can't find blizzard entertainment

EDIT:NVm there were only like 30 software maps, but i found it :D
misspoo
Profile Joined December 2012
France63 Posts
February 19 2013 19:37 GMT
#487
HKEY CURRENT USER/software/....
zergporn
Profile Joined April 2010
Estonia156 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-27 01:23:56
February 27 2013 01:19 GMT
#488
Trying to switch to NA while EU is down and getting "there is temporary outage of the battle.net service" with my account. Any random login@pass however gives bad login info whatever.
Nothing helps, complete reinstall of new NA client, relocaizers, region.xml trick, nothing.
Any ideas?
the game changes as you get higher
FedoraGrey
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2 Posts
March 02 2013 07:06 GMT
#489
Currently not seeing the button at all. I've tried putting the regions.xml, I've tried logging in and back out, I've tried restarting, I've tried adding a line into the SC2 Variables folder, I've tried messing up my password, I've tried turning off "remember account". Nothing I do seems to get ti to show up. What the hell.
an00bis
Profile Joined March 2011
156 Posts
March 02 2013 09:20 GMT
#490
I haven't played SC2 for so long and decided to try it out again. I deleted the game and installed it (downloaded since lost CD) and I can't change regions? Apparently there's a button next to where you type your email to change region and I do remember when I use to play the game and now it's not there.
clipklop
Profile Joined January 2011
10 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 21:31:40
March 04 2013 21:19 GMT
#491
The magic button is so awesome!
I also had to re-install my sc2 and for some strange reason I dl'ed US region game and when I noticed that my friend list was empty and no games played I was really frustrated and then I figured it out that I was in a wrong region, so when I found this easy solution that would help me get back to the EU I was really happy. thanks for it!
Pri1230
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom148 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 00:52:13
March 04 2013 21:26 GMT
#492
On March 02 2013 16:06 FedoraGrey wrote:
Currently not seeing the button at all. I've tried putting the regions.xml, I've tried logging in and back out, I've tried restarting, I've tried adding a line into the SC2 Variables folder, I've tried messing up my password, I've tried turning off "remember account". Nothing I do seems to get ti to show up. What the hell.


click the up arrow next to where you enter your email address and it will appear
KillerDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States498 Posts
March 06 2013 00:34 GMT
#493
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.


I'm having this problem now. I originally have a English US client. I changed the language to Korean, and yesterday I was playing on the Korean region. Today I started SC2, and switched the region to US. Then it started the back to launcher loop.

My ....S2\LastPortal-enUS and LastPortal-koKR are both "us". The game client itself seems to be 2.0.4. What can I do to get back on US and updated to 2.0.5?
MarineKingPrime Forever!
EZR-Aeron
Profile Joined June 2010
New Zealand64 Posts
March 06 2013 00:44 GMT
#494
ok so, do you need to DL the other clients still? Or wait until all regions are up to date with the latest patch.
evilCursor
Profile Joined November 2011
Germany49 Posts
March 06 2013 00:50 GMT
#495
and there it is: (global play)
http://t.co/hAZCljheSx
Mesha
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Bosnia-Herzegovina439 Posts
March 06 2013 16:26 GMT
#496
On March 06 2013 09:34 KillerDucky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 23:53 xpaperclip wrote:
The continuous launcher -> client loads -> immediately back to launcher loop happens because the launcher takes the patch information from whatever your home region is while the game client will dump you back to the launcher if the region it tries to log in to has a newer patch.

You can change the last region used in the registry in HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\S2\LastPortal-???? (whatever your home locale is), or you can load the game with your Internet disconnected so it can't read the patch information then change back to a region which has not yet received the patch yet.


I'm having this problem now. I originally have a English US client. I changed the language to Korean, and yesterday I was playing on the Korean region. Today I started SC2, and switched the region to US. Then it started the back to launcher loop.

My ....S2\LastPortal-enUS and LastPortal-koKR are both "us". The game client itself seems to be 2.0.4. What can I do to get back on US and updated to 2.0.5?

I have similar situation - it's just on EU server. I was playing on Korea while the europe was under maintenance and now it just loops to launcher no matter what i do. It just won't update the game to new patch.. What can I do to get back on EU and updated to 2.0.5?
Reality hits you hard bro.
hapl0
Profile Joined September 2012
Israel3 Posts
March 06 2013 16:53 GMT
#497
I have the same problem. Can only log into KR. There are posts about this issue in Blizzard Technical Support forums of EU and NA but Blizzard is being very unresponsive.

EU Technical Support thread: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6787819374?page=1#11
US Technical Support thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/8087999514?page=4

It might help if anyone who has this problem will post in the threads above as it might put some more pressure on Blizzard to fix this issue instead of just telling us to re-install the game.
KillerDucky
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States498 Posts
March 06 2013 17:23 GMT
#498
I ended up just doing a complete reinstall. Tried a bunch of things before that, never got the launcher to point to US region and patch 2.0.5.
MarineKingPrime Forever!
CamoPillbox
Profile Joined April 2012
Czech Republic229 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 17:32:18
March 06 2013 17:31 GMT
#499
if u dont see this button to change region ,after game start just log in current region and then logout after it button to change regions pop up.
Czech Terran(Hots) player
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
March 06 2013 17:45 GMT
#500
Atleast KR didnt work for me.
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings175
SHIN 123
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 565
SHIN 123
Railgan 55
MindelVK 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 69293
Calm 11325
Rain 2444
Bisu 1713
FanTaSy 822
Stork 570
Shuttle 520
soO 517
Rush 286
Soma 244
[ Show more ]
Snow 218
firebathero 214
Last 169
Light 95
Mind 91
Pusan 72
Sharp 64
Sea.KH 61
hero 47
ToSsGirL 44
Bale 37
Free 36
Trap 36
Mong 33
Hm[arnc] 25
Aegong 24
zelot 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sacsri 14
Sexy 13
Noble 13
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 11
scan(afreeca) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8412
Dendi924
Counter-Strike
fl0m2160
byalli1023
x6flipin310
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Other Games
gofns35055
singsing2240
B2W.Neo600
Pyrionflax262
Trikslyr43
Chillindude12
Hui .7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 17
• Dystopia_ 6
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV523
League of Legends
• Jankos2951
• Nemesis2587
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1312
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 10m
OSC
10h 10m
Replay Cast
10h 10m
OSC
23h 10m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.