• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:02
CEST 15:02
KST 22:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)42Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7597 users

SK Planet Proleague info mega-thread! - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 06 2012 11:34 GMT
#61
On December 06 2012 20:30 MinzySC2 wrote:
Hm. Can Sayle cast the SC2 on weekdays then?

I doubt Sayle will cast this Proleague since it's SC2 and he's more into BW anyways. It's like asking Tobi Wan to cast SC2 instead of DotA, imo.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
zenkicker
Profile Joined December 2008
257 Posts
December 06 2012 11:42 GMT
#62
Are VODs gonna be uploaded in esportstv youtube channel?
I you cant beat them, join them.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 11:44:39
December 06 2012 11:42 GMT
#63
So tomorrow morning (for eu) I can literally get up and watch eg-tl face kt!? SICK I thought I'd have to fuck my sleep schedule for this, but thats even better.
Can't wait!

EDIT: So EsportsTV youtube channel says the games will be played at 12:00 kst, which would be 4 a.m. EU :/
Hall0wed
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States8486 Posts
December 06 2012 11:43 GMT
#64
I'd say expect no English commentary. This stream is run by KeSPA.


rofl. If this holds true then I must say that its great to see Kespa isn't trying to make more of a joke of themselves or anything like that.

/sarcasm

Not that I care too much, I enjoy watching games while listening to my music just as much if not more than listening to a cast, but I imagine that the majority of the SC2 foreign scene will not be too pleased (though as long as there is still the possibility of someone restreaming with english commentary it shouldn't be too great of a deal for most people).

Thanks for the info though, looking forward to seeing some games on these 4 new maps.
♦ My Life for BESTie ♦ 류세라 = 배 ♦
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 06 2012 11:44 GMT
#65
I hope the VLC streams will still work. Those tended to be a saving grace when the Twitch streams went awry.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
December 06 2012 11:51 GMT
#66
On December 06 2012 20:44 eviltomahawk wrote:
I hope the VLC streams will still work. Those tended to be a saving grace when the Twitch streams went awry.


So do i and i'm pretty sure they will. Hopefully atleast.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Elite_
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4259 Posts
December 06 2012 11:52 GMT
#67
On December 06 2012 20:42 Lorch wrote:
So tomorrow morning (for eu) I can literally get up and watch eg-tl face kt!? SICK I thought I'd have to fuck my sleep schedule for this, but thats even better.
Can't wait!

EDIT: So EsportsTV youtube channel says the games will be played at 12:00 kst, which would be 4 a.m. EU :/

Don't worry... You only have to fuck your sleep schedule a little bit, not a lot a bit. Welcome to the East coast of America's life during GSL... ^________^
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
December 06 2012 11:59 GMT
#68
Very exited about the maps, I don't really know why you would have two separate broadcasting companies but well well..
Hope that we won't have too pay for that coverage as well T_T

Great post DoA, would be awesome if we could have the maps uploaded!
The curse is real
Trasko
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden983 Posts
December 06 2012 12:02 GMT
#69
Whattttttt :/ Updated sucks. Wtf
Jaedong <3
UnholyRai
Profile Joined September 2010
720 Posts
December 06 2012 12:03 GMT
#70
what the fuck -_____-
Gogo Grubby.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 06 2012 12:04 GMT
#71
On December 06 2012 19:25 DoA wrote:
MAJOR EDIT (Original post still exists in the spoiler):

I just got hit with some pretty hard to take news. OnGameNet will not be broadcasting the SK Planet Proleague this season. As that sinks in, let me elaborate on exactly why this is and where we're at now.

Basically for a while now KeSPA has been preparing their own broadcasting platform (IEG) to presumably run events from. KeSPA's had a long history of doing their best to control everything that goes on in Korean esports so it's not shocking that they'd want to get into actually running the broadcasts as well. Proleague in fact is a result of KeSPA threatening to pull their players from both OGN and MBC's individual leagues if they didn't give up their respective team leagues and broadcast Proleague instead.

This season KeSPA decided to run their own Proleague broadcast initially on weekdays, while OGN ran the weekend broadcast. As far as I know about a week ago KeSPA approached OGN and told them that they'd be running their own stream simultaneously with OGN's on weekends as well. They'd also be sending a commentator they had picked themselves to tri-cast with Monte Cristo and I. Naturally OGN was upset about this and Monte and I were a bit reluctant to tri-cast with someone we'd never worked with before. OGN went back to have talks yesterday and today with KeSPA and things did not go well. KeSPA has also been approaching english casters about the job, but so far none have accepted that I'm aware of. Not surprising.

As of right now OGN will not be involved with Proleague at any level for an English broadcast as far as I'm aware. All the preparation by the staff here over the last few months is now for nothing. Needless to say I'm crushed. I'm enjoying LoL, but I came back to Korea to cast Starcraft 2. We've still got OSL (which OGN owns), but SC2 team leagues are basically my favorite thing in the entire world and now that's gone.

So what do we get as fans of Proleague now? I still want to see these matches as much as anyone, but I'm frankly tired of KeSPA's lame ploys to try to keep control over something they never should have been in control if in the first place. For me it certainly sours the mood for what will be an epic first match between KT and EG.TL. I don't have any information about EIG's streams or when the broadcasts will be. If I find out I'll tell people. As hard as all this is to take, I want you guys to be able to watch if you want to.

Is there a possibility things might change? Possibly. If KeSPA feels enough pressure they might bend. I'm certainly going to do everything I can. What I'm not going to do is tell you to boycott Proleague. That's your choice and I don't have any business telling you not to watch a game and players that you love because of idiotic corporate politics that you aren't a part of and frankly don't deserve to be hurt by.

That's all I've got for now. If I get any updates I'll pass them on via my twitter.

This fucking sucks. gg

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


December 8th, 2012 - (tentatively the first week of August, 2013


Participating Teams

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]Team 8



Team Rosters and Week 1 matches courtesy of GTR




Map Pool

Old Maps:
  • Antiga Shipyard
  • Tal'Darim Altar
  • Cloud Kingdom
  • Ohana

New Maps: (click the revealed spoiler image for huge file splendor!)
Bifrost

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Arkanoid

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Planet S

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

CalDeum

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

*I'm talking with OGN and KeSPA to get them to either upload the map files on the other servers or, more likely, give me the files so I can upload them myself. I'll keep people posted.*

Tournament Format

Proleague will be a total of 6 rounds. Rounds 1, 3, 4, 6 will be Proleague format while rounds 2 and 5 will be All-Kill format.


Broadcast times and Streams:


No info on Korean streams yet.

Casters: DoA (me!) and Monte Cristo


OGN Stream: www.twitch.tv/ongamenet
Broadcast time: LoL is set to broadcast at 7pm KST though so Proleague will definitely be in earlier afternoon. Most likely Proleague will be broadcast at 1 or 2pm KST. I realize it's ridiculous to not know 2 days in advance, but unfortunately OGN and KeSPA are having some disagreements about various aspects of the tournament so things are in a bit of a state of flux right now. Oh KeSPA.... :/ I'll update when I can.
Cost and Quality:480p is free. $5.99 USD per month for 720p and VOD access. (Also includes OGN's League of Legends content)


SPOTV (IEG) Stream (for weekday matches.): Will update when I get it.
No info at this point about cost/quality/broadcast times. There were rumors about other casters for this stream a while ago, but at this point I'd say expect no English commentary. This stream is run by KeSPA.


Information for viewing live matches in Seoul:

OGN Matches - Saturday and Sunday

Matches are held on the 9th Floor of the iPark Mall (click for Google maps link) Yongsan (용산역) Subway Station is actually part of the mall so it's pretty easy to get to no matter where you start out on the metro system.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


SpotTV(IEG) Matches - Monday and Tuesday

Currently these maps are supposedly going to be played at the Intel E-Stadium at the Sindorim Technomart. (click the Search button once the page loads and it'll work. Google Maps has a hard time with this one) The E-Stadium isn't exactly a venue that's made for spectating so I'm not sure how KeSPA plans to handle fans who want to view the matches live. Sindorim (신도림역) is also a stop on the #2 (green) line on the Seoul Subway and the station is in the basement of the Technomart so once again, it's fairly easy to get to from pretty much anywhere in Seoul. I'll try to find out if these matches will be able to be spectated live.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Follow me on Twitter for any updates to everything SC2 and LoL for OnGameNet at https://twitter.com/ggDoA



...Da....Fuck.

Well, this sucks.
FreudianTrip
Profile Joined July 2011
Switzerland1983 Posts
December 06 2012 12:04 GMT
#72
KESPA giving r/starcraft what it wants.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
December 06 2012 12:04 GMT
#73
LOL

Well thats fucking stupid. Thanks a bunch KESPA, fucking animals!!! We are 2days away from EG.TL vs KT Rolster and we have NO IDEA, of where the stream is, and if it is going to cost and all that.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Aleteh
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark166 Posts
December 06 2012 12:04 GMT
#74


nuff said.
The Tyrant
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-06 12:06:44
December 06 2012 12:05 GMT
#75
Fuck this shit. Again, Kespa?

edit: not that I would've bought a ticket in the first place, 60$ for a year long access to an sc2 event which normally runs twice every week is quite hefty. Basically same price as GSL, but with much less content.
UnholyRai
Profile Joined September 2010
720 Posts
December 06 2012 12:06 GMT
#76
Time for Blizzard to step in again?
Gogo Grubby.
acidbean
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany287 Posts
December 06 2012 12:06 GMT
#77
Wow, why am I still surprised by the moves KESPA does ...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 06 2012 12:06 GMT
#78
On December 06 2012 21:04 Pandemona wrote:
LOL

Well thats fucking stupid. Thanks a bunch KESPA, fucking animals!!! We are 2days away from EG.TL vs KT Rolster and we have NO IDEA, of where the stream is, and if it is going to cost and all that.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING


So much good news in the past two days had to be counterbalanced by some bad news, I guess x.x

Huge HOTS balance patch, EG Jaedong, TL-EG Proleague, WOL balance patch, CARRIER MICRO in hots.

Quantic disbanding, OGN not giving an english broadcast for Proleague.

Not sure if that even balances it out, brace for more bad news!
prabhbhambra13
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom424 Posts
December 06 2012 12:07 GMT
#79


Help us, MLG. You're our only hope.

but seriously this sucks, especially for everyone who had worked on the broadcast.
SECO SECO SECO
LiamBrady
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore197 Posts
December 06 2012 12:07 GMT
#80
Wow. I'm kinda new to the SC scene, and never watched Broodwar, so was looking forward to seeing what the Proleague was all about, especially considering the TL/EG partnership. Guess I just got my first taste of what dealing with Kespa is like. I hope some good stream is still available.
Scarlett and SEA Dota
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 243
TaKeTV 135
SteadfastSC107
LamboSC253
Rex15
EnkiAlexander 0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy8
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
SteadfastSC 107
LamboSC2 53
Rex 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36522
Shuttle 3012
Horang2 1087
Bisu 931
Jaedong 719
Mini 580
EffOrt 505
Light 428
BeSt 358
firebathero 346
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 304
Stork 258
ggaemo 188
Snow 168
Zeus 166
Rush 157
Last 141
ZerO 141
Pusan 91
Leta 82
hero 78
Killer 60
Sea.KH 60
sorry 54
Sharp 44
Mong 39
Mind 34
Sexy 30
Shinee 29
Aegong 28
Shine 25
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 22
Trap 22
soO 19
PianO 15
Free 15
NotJumperer 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
JulyZerg 9
HiyA 8
Icarus 7
Noble 7
zelot 6
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4347
qojqva1804
Dendi972
420jenkins85
Fuzer 0
League of Legends
Reynor102
Counter-Strike
x6flipin576
markeloff142
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1988
crisheroes1011
XaKoH 163
Other Games
gofns37405
singsing2160
olofmeister1355
B2W.Neo865
Mlord233
DeMusliM206
Livibee193
Mew2King113
ArmadaUGS95
QueenE75
Hui .38
Liquid`VortiX21
Chillindude17
Railgan11
ZerO(Twitch)11
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 9
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 69
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1599
League of Legends
• Jankos2188
• TFBlade629
Other Games
• WagamamaTV197
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 58m
Stellar Fest
23h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.