• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:36
CEST 23:36
KST 06:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7393 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 47

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
chillta
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 16:57:30
November 14 2012 16:46 GMT
#921
@Zannadar

i think there will be shops doing the beta offer aswell for europe.

At the german gamestop page you can preorder HOTS for €40, wich will get you an beta key as well.
I think i am going to buy it there. I will report the outcome regarding the beta accesss.
wcr.4fun
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium686 Posts
November 14 2012 17:03 GMT
#922
On November 14 2012 10:50 Goldfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 01:20 Achaia wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks it's silly how many people are posting just to say they're not going to buy the expansion? I mean, that's their decision and all, but why go to a forum that is centered around the game just to announce your disapproval? Seems so strange to me.


Yeah. + Saying they'll rather buy or support indie games is kind of silly considering that most AAA games are really expensive to make and some don't even break even.

At this point, seems like the F2P model seems the best way for SC2 but the problem with that is SC2 isn't WC3 or Dota.

People don't really care about customizing individual small units, they prefer heroes instead.

Warcraft 4 would be an epic F2P game if they expand the role of heroes a bit (instead of them just being slightly better units like in WC3) and make leveling up heroes in a game faster (because in regular WC3, the game usually ends before a hero reaches level 6 or 7).


i think you should apply for a job at blizzard. Your few ideas ripped out every happy memory I had about wc3 and tarnished my hopes for a great wc4.
MahE
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada275 Posts
November 14 2012 17:11 GMT
#923
You can preorder, get a beta key, and then cancel your order. :D
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
November 14 2012 17:11 GMT
#924
Pre-ordered even though I have not played WoL competitively in over a year due to its complete lack of an enjoyable gaming experience.. I know that regardless I am going to buy the game, so I am going to spend the next 4 months meditating/praying that somehow, someway, and someone at Blizzard puts the magical touch this game needs, to make it at least moderately enjoyable, just even moderately blizzard will blow my expectations away... plz.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
wcr.4fun
Profile Joined April 2012
Belgium686 Posts
November 14 2012 17:12 GMT
#925
On November 15 2012 02:11 XXXSmOke wrote:
Pre-ordered even though I have not played WoL competitively in over a year due to its complete lack of an enjoyable gaming experience.. I know that regardless I am going to buy the game, so I am going to spend the next 4 months meditating/praying that somehow, someway, and someone at Blizzard puts the magical touch this game needs, to make it at least moderately enjoyable, just even moderately blizzard will blow my expectations away... plz.

Anyone else in the same boat?


well yeah but I won't be buying it any time soon. If you pre-order/buy it, blizzard has no reason to change the game.
Hubble
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany248 Posts
November 14 2012 17:13 GMT
#926
Collector's edition preordered
I can see what you see not, vision milky then eyes rot. When you turn they will be gone, whispering their hidden song...
iAxX23
Profile Joined September 2012
Romania18 Posts
November 14 2012 17:17 GMT
#927
God damnit. I bought it off battle.net and now I get no beta key.
voltaic
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
1071 Posts
November 14 2012 17:19 GMT
#928
okay
i thought 80 dollars for CE would be 60 euros.. but it looks like blizzard wants to troll up europes ass more than ever and makes it 80 euros
it will take more than my brain cells to decide if it's worth paying 40 euros more...
/bitchmode: off
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 17:21:58
November 14 2012 17:21 GMT
#929
On November 15 2012 02:12 wcr.4fun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:11 XXXSmOke wrote:
Pre-ordered even though I have not played WoL competitively in over a year due to its complete lack of an enjoyable gaming experience.. I know that regardless I am going to buy the game, so I am going to spend the next 4 months meditating/praying that somehow, someway, and someone at Blizzard puts the magical touch this game needs, to make it at least moderately enjoyable, just even moderately blizzard will blow my expectations away... plz.

Anyone else in the same boat?


well yeah but I won't be buying it any time soon. If you pre-order/buy it, blizzard has no reason to change the game.

False, even in your perspective. There's still LotV.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 17:21 GMT
#930
On November 15 2012 02:12 wcr.4fun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 02:11 XXXSmOke wrote:
Pre-ordered even though I have not played WoL competitively in over a year due to its complete lack of an enjoyable gaming experience.. I know that regardless I am going to buy the game, so I am going to spend the next 4 months meditating/praying that somehow, someway, and someone at Blizzard puts the magical touch this game needs, to make it at least moderately enjoyable, just even moderately blizzard will blow my expectations away... plz.

Anyone else in the same boat?


well yeah but I won't be buying it any time soon. If you pre-order/buy it, blizzard has no reason to change the game.


I am pretty sure that is not how it works. The better the preorder numbers, the more leverage they have to justify putting more manhours into the game and features. Unless you believe that Blizzard is never going to fix the game to your standards. If thats is true, get out now while you can.

But who are we kidding, we will all be on the ladder on March 12, 2012. I know I will be.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
niilzon
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium105 Posts
November 14 2012 17:24 GMT
#931
On November 14 2012 17:46 niilzon wrote:
I pre-ordered yesterday through the eu.battle.net website. Now I realize that I will probably not get a Beta key because I did not use any coupon, did not go through the TL store or anything
Is there any way I can fix this ? I've been eager to play the beta since start, I bought all the Blizz games since Warcraft 2 and played them at a competitive level, provided feedback during previous beta's etc.. And even after a pre-ordering I still can't beta test it..
This makes me extremely annoyed I know I could have looked at the TL site before ordering, that's not the point : is there any way I can get a beta somehow, now that I already pre-purchased ?
Thanks for any information !!


Actually I tried to buy the game through TL for my smurf account, so I could get a Beta key, but US version only is sold, so I'm just f*cked right ?
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
November 14 2012 17:26 GMT
#932
On November 15 2012 01:45 woody60707 wrote:
What is confusing about this? Amazon says pre-order, get beta key. "Other site" says nothing about beta key, no get beta key. There is nothing to be what so ever confused about.

Now you can QQ and say this isn't fair, but no one should be confused on this.


The confusing part if how it work for EU since there's no HOTS EU server.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 17:29 GMT
#933
On November 15 2012 02:26 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 01:45 woody60707 wrote:
What is confusing about this? Amazon says pre-order, get beta key. "Other site" says nothing about beta key, no get beta key. There is nothing to be what so ever confused about.

Now you can QQ and say this isn't fair, but no one should be confused on this.


The confusing part if how it work for EU since there's no HOTS EU server.


I was Blizzard and trying to make Global Play work, I would force everyone to play on one server. No better way to iron out the net code and figure out the issues in the system.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Dremic
Profile Joined May 2010
66 Posts
November 14 2012 17:31 GMT
#934
i pre ordered from amazon yesterday around 3 PST in the afternoon. I'll report back when i actually receive a key.
ToKoreaWithLove
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Norway10161 Posts
November 14 2012 17:33 GMT
#935
On November 15 2012 01:02 Butcherski wrote:
So TL gets a bunch of free beta keys and instead of giving them out they use them to make money from pre orders. Classy


We gave away a ton of beta keys, fyi.
ModeratorFather of bunnies
Gourmand
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada101 Posts
November 14 2012 17:33 GMT
#936
On November 15 2012 02:31 Dremic wrote:
i pre ordered from amazon yesterday around 3 PST in the afternoon. I'll report back when i actually receive a key.


I guess no one got a key from Amazon yet?
HavocX
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 17:38:55
November 14 2012 17:37 GMT
#937
On November 15 2012 02:19 Denda Reloaded wrote:
okay
i thought 80 dollars for CE would be 60 euros.. but it looks like blizzard wants to troll up europes ass more than ever and makes it 80 euros
it will take more than my brain cells to decide if it's worth paying 40 euros more...
/bitchmode: off


$80 is €79. You forgot to add the european sales tax. It is europe who trolls its own citizens. (Some contries got a bit lower tax. €79 is for the 25% used by several countries.)
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 14 2012 17:37 GMT
#938
On November 15 2012 01:02 Butcherski wrote:
So TL gets a bunch of free beta keys and instead of giving them out they use them to make money from pre orders. Classy


Are you kidding? Did you think they were a non-profit and didn't want to make money. Or are you just so entitled that you think you should just be given things for being a member of a free forum?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
chadissilent
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1187 Posts
November 14 2012 17:39 GMT
#939
On November 15 2012 02:19 Denda Reloaded wrote:
okay
i thought 80 dollars for CE would be 60 euros.. but it looks like blizzard wants to troll up europes ass more than ever and makes it 80 euros
it will take more than my brain cells to decide if it's worth paying 40 euros more...
/bitchmode: off

Buy the US version, apply it to your account, change regions in the game to EU?
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 17:41:36
November 14 2012 17:41 GMT
#940
On November 15 2012 02:26 Noocta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 01:45 woody60707 wrote:
What is confusing about this? Amazon says pre-order, get beta key. "Other site" says nothing about beta key, no get beta key. There is nothing to be what so ever confused about.

Now you can QQ and say this isn't fair, but no one should be confused on this.


The confusing part if how it work for EU since there's no HOTS EU server.


I was talking about all the people asking if they get a beta key from pre-ordering from Battle.net

My first bet is global play. Barring that, your beta key will be the same sever as the game you ordered. And if there is no EU sever, you will play on the US one. lol

Ask White-Ra what he plays on next time he is streaming.
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 164
Nina 104
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0178
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9566
Liquid`Hasu1673
crisheroes1547
Trikslyr96
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5736
Beastyqt717
shahzam498
ToD251
B2W.Neo210
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS107
JimRising 95
ZombieGrub77
IndyStarCraft 55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream342
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV534
League of Legends
• TFBlade950
Other Games
• imaqtpie1132
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.