• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:02
CEST 05:02
KST 12:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7450 users

[Interview] Auction OSL Grand Finals

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-27 14:23:32
October 27 2012 13:49 GMT
#1
(P)SKTelecomT1_Rain

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How does it feel to win your first OSL?

This is my first time winning an individual tournament in my career [T/N: Apparently, he either forgot or doesn't count WCS Asia], so even though it doesn't show up on my face, I feel extremely happy. I was put under great stress during a match for the first time in a long while, and I feel proud about overcoming that through hard work.

You were placed in the role of challenger during your match. Didn't you feel worried?

Since starting SC2, I haven't had much ambition regarding results, so I didn't feel too anxious. Although I was at a disadvantage during the late game of the first set, I just thought that I may as well stretch the game out and see how things would go. I did lose that first game, but it helped me win my other macro games.

During the third set, you used a Hallucinated Colossus strategy.

When I practiced, I tried a strategy where you take two expansions and mix Colossi into your army, but it wasn't very effective, so I planned to pretend to use the strategy and trick DongRaeGu into making Corruptors, and he responded just as I had anticipated. Since I actually used Colossi during my previous matches, my tactic in the third set worked especially well.

How did you prepare for the final?

I usually primarily practice on ladder, but this time, I decided to mostly play with practice partners. SlayerS in particular helped me out a lot, and my team's Zergs also paid a lot of attention to me. Because it's difficult for Protoss to win during the late game, I thoroughly honed my usage of psychological warfare during practice in order to seize victory.

Did you prepare for such a rollover today?

Honestly, I thought I was going to lose, so I'm very surprised.

What are your future goals?

Even though I won today, I don't think I'm the best player. I even lost to hyvaa, so I will have to work that much harder not to show such unfortunate results.

What preparations have you made for Heart of the Swarm?

Even if HotS comes out, I'm not too worried. Since I haven't had much trouble transitioning from Brood War, I think I'll be able to adapt again.

Today, you used various strategies to overwhelm the Zerg. Do you have a solution regarding the Brood Lord-Infestor composition?

I have many more strategies which I could not reveal during today's match. It is indeed hard to counter BL-Infestor, but I have some methods that only I use.

You have shown strong performances time and time again. Do you have a secret for this?

When I first started SC2, I really didn't want to play it. Brood War was still pretty popular, and since the season was the last chance to show good results in BW, starting a new game was a challenge that generated a lot of stress. But since we had already started, I began to focus on the game with a positive mindset, and I felt confident that as long as I practiced extra hard, I could make a mark upon the scene.

A new Royal Roader has also been born in the GSL. Have you ever thought about playing a match against Life?

Because I already faced him several times on ladder, I know that his level of skill is extraordinary, and our record is around 50:50. If possible, I want to face him in a somewhere high up in a tournament.

How does it feel to become a part of the Legend of the Fall?

Even though it does feel strange, I'm very glad that I was able to win and become a part of the legend. Because my team told me that I would receive an award if I won today, I was able to practice even more. Even though I think it would be a breach of contract if I went into too much detail, I do want to thank my team for laying so much attention onto me. I want to thank my coach, who looked over my games from nearby, as well as BoxeR, our head coach. I'm grateful to my team's Zergs for practicing so much with me as well as FanTaSy for giving me tons of advice. Finally, I want to send my thanks to PartinG, Creator, and some others whom I missed for sharing some of their knowhow with me.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 27 2012 13:53 GMT
#2
Today, you used various strategies to overwhelm the Zerg. Do you have a solution regarding the Brood Lord-Infestor composition?

I have many more strategies which I could not reveal during today's match. It is indeed hard to counter BL-Infestor, but I have methods that only I use.


He's saving it for Stephano
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
October 27 2012 13:55 GMT
#3
This is my first time winning an individual tournament

What about WCS Asia ?
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
October 27 2012 13:58 GMT
#4
On October 27 2012 22:55 PixelNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
This is my first time winning an individual tournament

What about WCS Asia ?

It seems that Rain forgot about WCS Asia
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
October 27 2012 13:58 GMT
#5
On October 27 2012 22:55 PixelNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
This is my first time winning an individual tournament

What about WCS Asia ?


Well technically that's just a qualifier for WCS Finals.

I'm really curious as to how hyvaa beat him to be honest. His form looks absurdly masterful at the moment. O.o
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
October 27 2012 14:02 GMT
#6
On October 27 2012 22:58 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2012 22:55 PixelNite wrote:
This is my first time winning an individual tournament

What about WCS Asia ?


Well technically that's just a qualifier for WCS Finals.

I'm really curious as to how hyvaa beat him to be honest. His form looks absurdly masterful at the moment. O.o


There are many good zergs on the KeSPA side.
JoFeSboyAT
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria128 Posts
October 27 2012 14:03 GMT
#7
Awesome after end of bw a kespa player as champion nice
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Sawamura
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Malaysia7602 Posts
October 27 2012 14:04 GMT
#8
congrats by.sun ^_^ you make skt1 proud
BW/KT Forever R.I.P KT.Violet dearly missed ..
poorcloud
Profile Joined April 2011
Singapore2748 Posts
October 27 2012 14:05 GMT
#9
That boxer utilising his slayers connection to help him
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
October 27 2012 14:36 GMT
#10
Ah, It feels like old times, reading interview from KesPa player, watch OSL. keke

And BoxeR back to SKT T1. Ah....memories...time flies.
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
ZerglingTwins
Profile Joined October 2012
United States850 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-27 15:16:41
October 27 2012 15:16 GMT
#11
"SlayerS in particular helped me out a lot"

Obviously, Boxer played a huge role.
Searching for my twin ling brother.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
October 27 2012 15:17 GMT
#12
Today, you used various strategies to overwhelm the Zerg. Do you have a solution regarding the Brood Lord-Infestor composition?

I have many more strategies which I could not reveal during today's match. It is indeed hard to counter BL-Infestor, but I have some methods that only I use.

Such a tease! I want to see that, now! Get that guy into an important PvZ again, quick, wanna see
Get off my lawn, young punks
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
October 27 2012 15:21 GMT
#13
royal roader month.
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
October 27 2012 15:23 GMT
#14
On October 28 2012 00:17 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
Today, you used various strategies to overwhelm the Zerg. Do you have a solution regarding the Brood Lord-Infestor composition?

I have many more strategies which I could not reveal during today's match. It is indeed hard to counter BL-Infestor, but I have some methods that only I use.

Such a tease! I want to see that, now! Get that guy into an important PvZ again, quick, wanna see


Who does he play in WCS Global Finals? Maybe he's saving it for that?
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
October 27 2012 15:24 GMT
#15
On October 27 2012 22:49 wozzot wrote:
How does it feel to become a part of the Legend of the Fall?


that doesn't feel right.
starleague forever
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
October 27 2012 16:47 GMT
#16
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Kryt0s
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany209 Posts
October 27 2012 18:20 GMT
#17
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"To this guy"? Never mind him, he is just the best Protoss (player) in the world...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 27 2012 18:27 GMT
#18
I want to send my thanks to PartinG, Creator, and some others whom I missed for sharing some of their knowhow with me.


Protoss bros gotta stick together.
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
October 27 2012 18:29 GMT
#19
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

You make it sound like Rain, that is nearly unbeatable atm, is just some random scrub lol.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
October 27 2012 18:32 GMT
#20
On October 28 2012 03:29 Valikyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

You make it sound like Rain, that is nearly unbeatable atm, is just some random scrub lol.


He's just a butthurt elephant poacher. Long live the woolly mammoths!

User was warned for this post
The Notorious Winkles
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings89
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 179
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shuttle 1586
Artosis 601
Bale 67
NaDa 31
Dewaltoss 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
taco 355
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox611
Mew2King73
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor898
Other Games
summit1g9261
C9.Mang0325
PiGStarcraft296
ArmadaUGS60
ViBE59
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP145
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta16
• Letter144
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo522
Other Games
• Scarra769
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 58m
OSC
18h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.