• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:59
CEST 08:59
KST 15:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6579 users

[Interview] Auction OSL Grand Finals - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 All
Ecstatic
Profile Joined January 2011
United States160 Posts
October 28 2012 00:42 GMT
#41
Because I already faced him several times on ladder, I know that his level of skill is extraordinary, and our record is around 50:50. If possible, I want to face him in a somewhere high up in a tournament.

What subtle cockiness :p "This guy is amazing... I'm about as good as him."
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
October 28 2012 01:17 GMT
#42
Hmm... I wonder what anti-Broodlord/Infestor techniques he has hidden up his sleeve. Possibly some sort of carrier play.
[N3O]r3d33m3r
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany674 Posts
October 28 2012 01:21 GMT
#43
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"this guy" is the best protoss player in the entire world right now...
scrubtastic
Profile Joined May 2009
1166 Posts
October 28 2012 02:12 GMT
#44
Legend of the Fall carrying over into SC2? Sure why not

Still sounding humble, although not as much as his initial interviews.

If Rain really was as pressured as he says he was, he at least seems to have an awesome poker face. Rain in the booth looked so calm and composed, I was sure he replaced his blood with a perpetually frozen equivalent.

Thanks for the translation.
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
October 28 2012 02:13 GMT
#45
On October 28 2012 10:21 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"this guy" is the best protoss player in the entire world right now...

lol, no doubt. People don't realize the talent of "this guy".
Administrator
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
October 28 2012 02:32 GMT
#46
Congras to the rising superstar XD
Was worried that DRG gonna take it but yay!!
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
October 28 2012 02:43 GMT
#47
On October 28 2012 04:16 thezanursic wrote:
Worst OSL finals ever -.-


I agree. They play this silly game now, it still confuses me
Broodwar for life!
UndoneJin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States438 Posts
October 28 2012 02:46 GMT
#48
Rain is unbelievable, I think this guy is changing WoL and is going to lead the way in HotS for Protoss.
I've been lost since the day I was born ----- You're gonna carry that weight
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
October 28 2012 03:47 GMT
#49
On October 28 2012 10:21 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"this guy" is the best protoss player in the entire world right now...


I wasn't trying to say rain is bad, I'm just a big fan of DRG and wanted to see him crush him and win another championship.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
mtn
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
729 Posts
October 28 2012 03:54 GMT
#50
On October 28 2012 12:47 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 10:21 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"this guy" is the best protoss player in the entire world right now...


I wasn't trying to say rain is bad, I'm just a big fan of DRG and wanted to see him crush him and win another championship.


Which is nothin wrong. Don't see why they hating so much.
garg
Profile Joined October 2012
11 Posts
October 28 2012 03:55 GMT
#51
On October 28 2012 12:47 hunts wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 28 2012 10:21 [N3O]r3d33m3r wrote:
On October 28 2012 01:47 hunts wrote:
Depressing. I wake up to see DRG lose to this guy, now my day is ruined Poor DRG Maybe next season DRG can get his revenge and win either GSL or OSL.

"this guy" is the best protoss player in the entire world right now...


I wasn't trying to say rain is bad, I'm just a big fan of DRG and wanted to see him crush him and win another championship.


DRG will need to improve on holding off the big protoss timing attacks, people are exploiting it more and more to avoid the lategame matchup.
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
October 28 2012 03:55 GMT
#52
Rain so humble. <3
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
October 28 2012 14:53 GMT
#53
This is the best I could hope for. Man, I missed the games because I was out of town but I couldn't come home to any better news. I feel sad for DRG but congrats to Rain. Amazing, amazing player. I hope to see him get even better in the future.

I feel sad that Rain didn't want to play the game at first but it makes me happy that (from reading a past interview) he now enjoys it so much that he thinks of it even before going to sleep. I remember Flash talking about BW in the same way, maybe Rain can dominate SC2 in the manner that Flash did BW. Time will tell though.

Grats to my favorite player, now OSL champion!
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
October 28 2012 15:09 GMT
#54
On October 28 2012 09:42 Ecstatic wrote:
Because I already faced him several times on ladder, I know that his level of skill is extraordinary, and our record is around 50:50. If possible, I want to face him in a somewhere high up in a tournament.

What subtle cockiness :p "This guy is amazing... I'm about as good as him."


Hahaha, indeed what a badass statement. It's really different than his attitude throughout every other interview though, so I'm wondering if something was lost in translation...
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
October 28 2012 16:32 GMT
#55
I'm excited to see more of Rain, so damn sad however that the VODS from OGN is not top notch and even if you pay for it they are laggy. :/
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
October 28 2012 16:45 GMT
#56
Hallucinated Colossus 0_o... Genius
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
Chronos.
Profile Joined February 2012
United States805 Posts
October 28 2012 16:51 GMT
#57
That comment about him having unique strategies against Broodlord Infestor gets me really excited. Honestly it's exciting every time I watch Rain play, he does so many little things that no one else does that just plain seem better, it's crazy.
Prev 1 2 3 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft227
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS33
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 1m
OSC
15h 1m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.