• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:16
CEST 01:16
KST 08:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8730 users

Razer's remarks on MMA personal sponsorship cutoff

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-24 06:06:31
October 24 2012 04:53 GMT
#1
Some new information came up regarding the personal sponsorship situation for MMA while he was on SlayerS, as it relates to the recent drama between MMA and SlayerS owner Jessica. Jessica replied via twitter, as did a representative from Razer Korea (only to delete the post soon after, leaving just a generic tweet about how slayers and razer korea had a good relationship)

New: Jessica's reply via twitter & Razer Korea rep reply.

@Razer_MidNight DELETED TWEET

"This is Kim, Joon Hee from Razer Korea. Razer headquarters have confirmed that this occurred between Chris Mitchell and Manager J but Manager J, out of ill intent, deliberately kept out offer hidden from owner of Slayers, Kim, Ja Yeon (Jessica)"

@SlayerS_Jessica

I think Chris is leaving out some context. I will write something after I remember and check memory and emails. Chris, you don't have a right to say that... It's all connected.. You don't understand that I'm hiding something for [someone/ambiguous]. I'm off to check.

Chris... we didn't talk about a new sponrsorship, you talked to manager J.

Clarify whether this is this Razer's stance... or the stance of Chris who talked to manager J. Then I'll prepare.


Chris Mitchell of Razer.

New: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11zew4/mma_had_personal_sponsorship_offers_oh_jessica/c6qx5wj
"I should probably add that the individual sponsorship offer for Boxer was also rejected at the same time. So they might have just put the entire team above individual players. Regards Chris Mitchell"

@MitchellChris : Can we stop the drama now. Ultimately we'll never know what has been translated properly. End this chapter (Slayers) here and now.

Original tweet chain
@SC2_MMA Corporation R did have an interest in a personal sponsorship with you. Just to reassure you. Source

Later Correction tweet: To clarify: The proposal was rejected by Jessica, but i dont know how it's been translated by "Manager J". Both were copied.

Goro Shigeno ‏@Goro87:
@MitchellChris But the million dollar question is what happened to mma's personal sponsorship?Did it go to boxer like MMA thought?Withdrawn?

Chris Mitchell ‏@MitchellChris:
@Goro87 It was rejected.

Goro Shigeno ‏@Goro87:
@MitchellChris Oh boy now there's opening a can of worms. Rejected by who, manager J or Jessica? That ? is a key part of drama.

Chris Mitchell ‏@MitchellChris:
@Goro87 Jessica.
Source




The above is in reference to earlier statements and claims:

Jessica's original statement on Inven

In particular, I was disappointed in MMA for being swayed by "J"s claim that I had 'cut' a personal sponsorship that had been offered. I was crushed and disappointed that a player I had taken care of would believe a manager who had only been on for two months, and I don't even know how much I cried. "J" tried to take MMA and some other players to make a new team, and that he would find a sponsor. The important thing is that MMA was willing to along solely on "J"s word, and he only came clean to me once I found out what was going on.

(http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=376041)



MMA's interview with ThisIsGame

It was right before my code s match versus alive (feb, 15th, 2012). I heard something shocking from manager J that Jessica was forwarding my potential personal sponsor to boxer. I couldn’t believe it. I got confused but I had no one talk to. My mind was heavily burdened for the weeks afterwards

After much turmoil, I confessed to crank about my feelings. We talked a lot. Crank was also sad because he couldn’t do anything for me, so it was hard on him as well. As this went on, I got more stressed and even thought of quitting the game. If I said this to Jessica, I thought manager J would get the blame too so I did not talk.

After, my performance fell and I just focused on the game more since there was nothing I could do about it. Crank suggested that I go talk to boxer as he would know more from a player’s viewpoint. So I talked to boxer. Boxer knew this was dangerous waters so he checked around for a few days and told me that there was nothing of that nature (potential personal sponsor) going on.

Jessica did not release any details about our sponsors so I had no choice but to trust manager J regarding this matter because he was a former employee of corporation R. at the same time, I lost faith in Jessica because of how she treated the players and the arguments she picked with other players (on other teams).

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?category=13439&id=1319677
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=377311



Jessica's reply to MMA's interview via Inven and TIG.

TIG: What do you think of the part where he claims you tried to transfer a personal offer to Boxer? 
I definitely said it wasn't so. MMA did ask Boxer about it, and Boxer asked me. Honestly, I was disappointed at Boxer then. I told him 'I know so you well, why wouldn't I have told you in that situation.'
 
Later when I learned the claim was 'personal sponsorship offers for MMA came from companies 'N' and 'S,' but it was attempted to transfer them to Boxer.' Because manager J took care of sponsorship related activities, I contacted those companies to confirm. However, they didn't even know who manager J was.

http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1319774&board=&category=13439&subcategory=1&page=1&best=&searchmode=&search=&orderby=&token=


The personal sponsorship for MMA was switched to a sponsor for Boxer from the sponsor side. You can confirm with the relevant company.

There was another one from manager J, at first he said it was possible for boxer to get a personal sponsorship, but later he said it wasn't possible to sponsor MMA while sponsoring players for other teams.

When I went to confirm, he hadn't even contacted them in the first place. It was all stuff J made up to try and play the team and players against each other.

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=48923
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
walklightwhat
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia752 Posts
October 24 2012 04:55 GMT
#2
Oh boy. I feel inundated with all the drama.
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
October 24 2012 04:56 GMT
#3
Oh wow...... Here comes more... Wonder what will come from all this.
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 24 2012 04:56 GMT
#4
Can't you squeeze this into the other thread? =/
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
GungraveHero2
Profile Joined October 2011
57 Posts
October 24 2012 04:57 GMT
#5
do you realy need a new thread for that ?
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
October 24 2012 04:58 GMT
#6
Vindication. Where's shival and the jessica/korea apologists?

TY Razor for finally providing some facts.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
October 24 2012 04:59 GMT
#7
On October 24 2012 13:57 GungraveHero2 wrote:
do you realy need a new thread for that ?


It's a pretty big development. Pretty much catches Jessica in a gigantic lie.

This sucks for MMA. A personal sponsorship would have been massive for a player who didn't have a salary.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
October 24 2012 05:00 GMT
#8
omg!

Checkmate, jessica!
lulz
moo...for DRG
ROOTIllusion
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
October 24 2012 05:00 GMT
#9
The lighter has been thrown into the bonfire!
www.twitter.com/rootillusion & www.facebook.com/illusionsc2
Lokerek
Profile Joined December 2011
United States441 Posts
October 24 2012 05:01 GMT
#10
With that being said, congratulations to all Boxer and Jessica fanatics who wanted to blame it on MMA...
AssyrianKing
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia2121 Posts
October 24 2012 05:01 GMT
#11
Im just really confused right now, I just want this crap to end T.T
John 15:13
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
October 24 2012 05:01 GMT
#12
So is this going to end up like Fight Club? Manager J and Jessica were the same person all along?
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Ethoex
Profile Joined June 2012
United States164 Posts
October 24 2012 05:01 GMT
#13
oh god 200 page thread incoming
"Until the very, very top, in almost anything all that matters, is how much work you put in. The only problem is that most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for." - Greg "IdrA" Fields
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
October 24 2012 05:02 GMT
#14
you're loving this aren't you wax
WigglingSquid
Profile Joined August 2011
5194 Posts
October 24 2012 05:02 GMT
#15
On October 24 2012 13:59 Fionn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 13:57 GungraveHero2 wrote:
do you realy need a new thread for that ?


It's a pretty big development. Pretty much catches Jessica in a gigantic lie.

This sucks for MMA. A personal sponsorship would have been massive for a player who didn't have a salary.

I still think that it should go in the same thread, however important it is.
And yes, it does seem to break down another piece of Jessica's faltering credibility.
th3_great
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom429 Posts
October 24 2012 05:03 GMT
#16
On October 24 2012 14:01 Fionn wrote:
So is this going to end up like Fight Club? Manager J and Jessica were the same person all along?


i was going to make the same connection, but i didnt want to look a huge conspiracy theorist
did you read the script?
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
October 24 2012 05:03 GMT
#17
On October 24 2012 14:01 Fionn wrote:
So is this going to end up like Fight Club? Manager J and Jessica were the same person all along?


LOL fionn.
I was just discussing with my friend the same thing
XD
moo...for DRG
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
October 24 2012 05:04 GMT
#18
Looks like she got cut by the Razer's edge......

But seriously.......WHY would she do that to the players that she "loves"?
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
October 24 2012 05:04 GMT
#19
Ouch. Hopefully this all ends reasonably well :/
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
October 24 2012 05:05 GMT
#20
Dang, Jessica's bluff was called.
1 2 3 4 5 27 28 29 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE137
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 594
Artosis 553
910 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever623
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
minikerr17
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5910
Other Games
summit1g7752
shahzam570
C9.Mang0282
ArmadaUGS82
Trikslyr44
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick547
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen256
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
45m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 45m
Stellar Fest
13h 45m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.