• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12880 users

Stephano suspended by Evil Geniuses - Page 57

Forum Index > SC2 General
3003 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 151 Next
whyyousojelly
Profile Joined August 2012
Bosnia-Herzegovina46 Posts
October 13 2012 07:40 GMT
#1121
I believe it was meant to be a joke. French humor. No one in the world gets it. But there are a few French people sitting somewhere in a cybercafe in Paris right now, crying their eyes out, because of laughter when they saw that screenshot.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
October 13 2012 07:40 GMT
#1122
On October 13 2012 16:14 trinxified wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 13:49 Caihead wrote:
I'm confused. Why exactly was it even a joke? It wasn't framed as a joke. There's no punch line or twist. And he immediately regretted expressing it. Unless my English comprehension is not sufficiently bad enough to understand why it's even a joke in the first place calling it a joke is just an excuse for a crude comment. The only reason people are saying it is a joke is because the person he was talking with didn't take it seriously either, but stephano evidently did while he expressed it.


QFT. This is exactly what I thought of this...

Stephano said that as if it was true or it really happened... But then again, his English isn't his main language.

Could've been an inside joke between him and BlinG, in which case the punchline wouldnt have been obvious.

Personally I think many people are overreacting. While stuff like this does give cause to inspect, at the end of the day it was just something he said. It's close to thought crime, I know lots of people who discuss "taboo" subjects esp amongst close friends but clearly some people are just to emotional to not produce a kneejerk I'm morally better than you reflex.

1 month suspension seems fair though as internal discipline. Thankfully EG didnt pull an orb.
U_G_L_Y
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States516 Posts
October 13 2012 07:41 GMT
#1123
On October 13 2012 16:30 trinxified wrote:
So what if Stephano's comments were indeed true and actually happened? Now he just provoked an investigation on him...


They didn't happen, so stop being silly.
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
October 13 2012 07:42 GMT
#1124
On October 13 2012 16:40 S_SienZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 16:14 trinxified wrote:
On October 13 2012 13:49 Caihead wrote:
I'm confused. Why exactly was it even a joke? It wasn't framed as a joke. There's no punch line or twist. And he immediately regretted expressing it. Unless my English comprehension is not sufficiently bad enough to understand why it's even a joke in the first place calling it a joke is just an excuse for a crude comment. The only reason people are saying it is a joke is because the person he was talking with didn't take it seriously either, but stephano evidently did while he expressed it.


QFT. This is exactly what I thought of this...

Stephano said that as if it was true or it really happened... But then again, his English isn't his main language.

Could've been an inside joke between him and BlinG, in which case the punchline wouldnt have been obvious.

Personally I think many people are overreacting. While stuff like this does give cause to inspect, at the end of the day it was just something he said. It's close to thought crime, I know lots of people who discuss "taboo" subjects esp amongst close friends but clearly some people are just to emotional to not produce a kneejerk I'm morally better than you reflex.

1 month suspension seems fair though as internal discipline. Thankfully EG didnt pull an orb.

That I do agree with. I did not for one moment believed that Stephano was serious, but I do believe that he was being incredibly stupid for saying stuff like that.
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
October 13 2012 07:44 GMT
#1125
On October 13 2012 16:40 whyyousojelly wrote:
I believe it was meant to be a joke. French humor. No one in the world gets it. But there are a few French people sitting somewhere in a cybercafe in Paris right now, crying their eyes out, because of laughter when they saw that screenshot.

Really? I'm French and make extremely offensive jokes with my friends all the time but I absolutely don't see what's supposed to be funny about what Stephano said... Only way it could be funny is if it's indeed a private joke (as he said on his twitter) and we're missing the context.
Art.FeeL
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
1163 Posts
October 13 2012 07:44 GMT
#1126
Really shows how professional EG can be. A step in the good direction.
I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the luckier I am.
Megabuster123
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada1837 Posts
October 13 2012 07:44 GMT
#1127
I can't believe people reacted to such an extent, to something so fucking stupid, that he had to be reprimanded. He didn't even know Bling was streaming. He didn't even say anything remotely terrible..
Ryps
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania2740 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 07:45:50
October 13 2012 07:45 GMT
#1128
Am I the only one who thinks by not participating in the tournaments they are punishing the fans rather than Stephano ?
sOda~
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom441 Posts
October 13 2012 07:45 GMT
#1129
ppl are so srs
IM THE SHIT BITCH
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 13 2012 07:46 GMT
#1130
I bet if the joke was funny, we wouldn't have any drama now. This is why having a good sense of humor is important
I hate all this singing
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
October 13 2012 07:48 GMT
#1131
Oh wow, so this has finally hit the general sc2 public I guess? ><

I'm not sure what to say about this lol. On one hand, somehow it doesn't sound like there was a punchline to the joke at all. It was almost a non sequitur but not quite and it seemed somewhat odd for an inside joke... agreed with Caihead. On the other hand, it's not like he did anything heinously bad, I suppose.

I tend to lean towards the idea that his punishment was appropriate, though.
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
blug
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia623 Posts
October 13 2012 07:48 GMT
#1132
On October 13 2012 16:45 sOda~ wrote:
ppl are so srs


True, but if you want ESports treated as being serious, then steps like this must be taken. Could you imagine if a footballer made comments like this? There would be all hell to pay, in fact, League owners often give out suspensions and also huge fines for small infringements like this.

I think it's a step in the right direction, and having someone like Stephano being used as an Example is only going to spread the word even more.
Derp
Fyodor
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada971 Posts
October 13 2012 07:48 GMT
#1133
On October 13 2012 16:38 TRaFFiC wrote:
When I was 19, I fucked 14 year olds. The laws are bs. Such a small age difference and there are some slutty 14 year olds for sure. What a joke. All the people on their moral high horses.

You know there is no statute of limitations for rape right?
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Caryc
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany330 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 07:49:37
October 13 2012 07:49 GMT
#1134
as much as i dont like stephano - wtf?
its a stupid joke and there is no need to apoligize as far as im concerned.
not everyone has the same kind of humor,just accept it...
if u dont find it funny,just dont laugh ...srsly..

edit :
i can understand why he got a punishment from eg tho.
FilipSRB
Profile Joined September 2011
Serbia63 Posts
October 13 2012 07:49 GMT
#1135
So basically, he is being punished for a thought crime. I understand people have different sensitivities, but if you don't like that kind of humor, that is not the rest of the world's problem.
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 07:52:14
October 13 2012 07:52 GMT
#1136
On October 13 2012 16:49 FilipSRB wrote:
So basically, he is being punished for a thought crime. I understand people have different sensitivities, but if you don't like that kind of humor, that is not the rest of the world's problem.

I compare it with the guy tweeting about blowing up the airport in UK. He got into some nasty troubles for that one. I guess Stephano can in theory appeal......
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
October 13 2012 07:53 GMT
#1137
How you personally perceive this kind of jokes is irrelevant. How they are perceived in the United States or more importantly by the sponsors is what matters. Perhaps Stephano will finally grow up, not holding my breath though
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
October 13 2012 07:55 GMT
#1138
On October 13 2012 16:48 blug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 16:45 sOda~ wrote:
ppl are so srs


True, but if you want ESports treated as being serious, then steps like this must be taken. Could you imagine if a footballer made comments like this? There would be all hell to pay, in fact, League owners often give out suspensions and also huge fines for small infringements like this.

I think it's a step in the right direction, and having someone like Stephano being used as an Example is only going to spread the word even more.

League owners don't have the right to punish a player if he made comments like that unless the comment was directed at the league themselves (such as the referee was stupid). However the club (in this case EG) can give out discipline punishment for any inappropriate comment player they owned make. So what EG doing is def heading toward the professional sportmanship. I still think there's a small amount of overreaction from people, but I agree some sort of action was needed to be taken. And footballer makes stupid comments all the time on their twitter, just less dry than stephano's.
I hate all this singing
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6574 Posts
October 13 2012 07:57 GMT
#1139
On October 13 2012 16:52 achan1058 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 16:49 FilipSRB wrote:
So basically, he is being punished for a thought crime. I understand people have different sensitivities, but if you don't like that kind of humor, that is not the rest of the world's problem.

I compare it with the guy tweeting about blowing up the airport in UK. He got into some nasty troubles for that one. I guess Stephano can in theory appeal......

The tweet was that the person was going to "destroy America" (i.e., party) and about "digging up Marilyn Monroe" (Family Guy). And as it happens, that was a model example of the inefficacy of the Homeland Security Agency. He spent some time in a cell and they were refused entrance to the country. Now, I don't personally think Family Guy is all that funny, but that didn't strike me as a proportionate response to referencing a TV show. So you can see why it's not necessary for Stephano to have you in stitches to defend him for saying random shit on battle.net.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-13 07:59:26
October 13 2012 07:58 GMT
#1140
well even if it is a joke, 14 is legal isnt it ? i mean ... you cant be judged by doing everything with 14 yo old girls ? at least in germany

On October 13 2012 16:48 Fyodor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2012 16:38 TRaFFiC wrote:
When I was 19, I fucked 14 year olds. The laws are bs. Such a small age difference and there are some slutty 14 year olds for sure. What a joke. All the people on their moral high horses.

You know there is no statute of limitations for rape right?


is it really illegal in other countries ?
here the partens are pissed but nothing they could do, after 14 you can f**k whoever you want
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 151 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O136
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11915
Shuttle 400
White-Ra 219
Artosis 144
ZZZero.O 136
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift4872
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4429
Other Games
summit1g9990
FrodaN2462
Liquid`RaSZi2018
C9.Mang0364
ToD296
Livibee193
Pyrionflax108
Mew2King54
Maynarde29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 77
• musti20045 34
• HeavenSC 26
• Sammyuel 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1642
• Shiphtur629
• WagamamaTV277
• Scarra9
Upcoming Events
OSC
32m
Replay Cast
32m
OSC
13h 32m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.