• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:29
CEST 02:29
KST 09:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8014 users

[MLG] Full Lineup for the MLG Summer Championship - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
616 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 31 Next All
AhOhitzXray
Profile Joined May 2012
United States48 Posts
August 22 2012 20:32 GMT
#361
ummm yea so hopefully this MLG production wont blow like ipl's as long as that happens it should be fun to watch.
We are made by our choices.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 22 2012 20:35 GMT
#362
On August 23 2012 05:26 sitromit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 05:15 jobber123rd wrote:
On August 23 2012 04:50 ragz_gt wrote:
On August 23 2012 04:48 GuitarBizarre wrote:
On August 23 2012 03:11 mememolly wrote:
On August 23 2012 02:34 GuitarBizarre wrote:
On August 23 2012 02:21 ohampatu wrote:
On August 23 2012 02:19 sGSuperSlinkY wrote:
On August 23 2012 02:05 SeggsyLori wrote:
Binski, Caliber, Sasquash, Gix? Never heared of them WTF!??!?!


Binski and Caliber are on LighT and both really great players, im expecting them to do really well
Sasquash is in the CoL academy and Gix is on Legion

these 4 players are really good up and comers that can really hold there own. Dont doubt them. Im sure there going to show there true talent here




i'll give you Gix, and possibly Sasquash, but Caliber and Binski will fall at the first non NA pro


Last MLG, Caliber was knocked out by Hawke, who went 2:1 against Monster, and Monster had an amazing run that tournament. Binski was knocked out by Illusion, who is flat out really good.




so they should be seeded ahead of multiple MLG winners like MKP? rofl


Yes, because they actually played in the last MLG event, and MKP didn't. If you're awarding seeds based on performances in the last event and qualifiers, why would you seed a player who didn't participate in those?

Does MKP deserve a seed for his skill level? Yes. But that isn't the only pre-requisite for awarding a seed in this instance.

I, personally, am glad that MLG aren't pushing these seeds into worthless places - Players who can practically be relied upon to make it through an open bracket.

I don't think anyone seriously expects that MKP can't make it into pool play from where he is. Why does it matter if he's seeded or not? If anything this only means we get more games from MKP to watch, while some "no names" who have shown GENUINE PROMISE in previous MLG events, have been given a chance to start out on a main stage where they can prove to themselves and others that they deserve those seeds.

Stuff like this stops the scene from being an incestuous mess where MKP, MVP, MMA, DRG and Stephano are the only players invited to anything ever. Its a good thing. Treat it like one.


No, they didn't play in the last MLG event (Arena) because they failed to qualify in the Regional Qualifier. MKP actually qualified for the Arena but chose not to go due to GSL / WCS. So apparently the logic is someone who didn't qualify >>> someone who qualified and forfeited.

I'm sure MKP (and Leenock) can do fine whereever they are. But the fact that they chose who they chose for the Seed means less deserving player can make into group play.


Yep. For all that, MKP hasn't posted a result in the Summer season, and by MLG rules, that puts him behind everyone else who has done so -- even those who got taken out in the Open qualifiers (such as nadaviking).



What rules? Weren't these seeds originally for invites, for the Kespa players? Did the kespa players play in the Summer Arena?

So when the high profile players they were planning to invite don't show up, what does MLG do? Do they find equally high profile players, or as close as they can get, and give them the invites instead? No, they give the invite seeds to a bunch of no-names who couldn't even make it through the weakest region of their arena qualifiers. Yeah, that makes so much sense.


The rules for seeding non-Arena players. Of course, they were going to break their own procedure to allow for the KeSPA players (and, in fact, the new Group Play format seems tailor-made to accomodate the extra eight players, but that's just my opinion).

2. The Top 24 Summer Arena Players will start in Group Play and be seeded #1-24 based on the Summer Arena Standings. If Summer Arena Consolation Matches were played they will be used to break ties. Ties that can’t be broken by Consolation Matches will be broken by MLG Rank and then randomly.
3. Players will be seeded #1-208 for the Open Bracket based on the following criteria in this order: Summer Arena Standings, Summer Invite-Only Online Qualifier Standings, Summer Open Online Qualifier Standings, and MLG Rank. If Summer Arena or Summer Invite-Only Online Qualifier Consolation Matches were played, they may be used to break ties. Ties may also be broken using the next available criterion or randomly. Players who didn’t participate in the Summer Arena, didn’t participate in a Summer Invite-Only Online Qualifier, failed to finish in the top 32 of a Summer Open Online Qualifier, and have no MLG Rank will be seeded randomly.
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
makizmaidrug
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-22 20:40:08
August 22 2012 20:37 GMT
#363
So few Liquid players
Where are HayprO, Ret, Zenio and TLO ?
Wounded31
Profile Joined October 2011
124 Posts
August 22 2012 20:37 GMT
#364
hmm.. maxiumus black is there, well like all the events hes in im going to root for marineking
MKP!
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 22 2012 20:39 GMT
#365
On August 23 2012 05:26 ragz_gt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 05:24 Bizeheryer wrote:
Scarlett is right, Gix should be disqualified.

WTF is this.. http://imgur.com/a/cWivM#5


Mah it's shady but who cares about ladder. The seeding is based on NA Qualifier, which I don't agree with, but have absolutely nothing to do with his ladder performance.


Most of those games are 1 or 2 minutes long. Thats messed up. Some kind of drop hack?
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 22 2012 20:41 GMT
#366
On August 23 2012 05:39 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 05:26 ragz_gt wrote:
On August 23 2012 05:24 Bizeheryer wrote:
Scarlett is right, Gix should be disqualified.

WTF is this.. http://imgur.com/a/cWivM#5


Mah it's shady but who cares about ladder. The seeding is based on NA Qualifier, which I don't agree with, but have absolutely nothing to do with his ladder performance.


Most of those games are 1 or 2 minutes long. Thats messed up. Some kind of drop hack?


It's probably just they know each other and he asked the other guy to boost his points. at high GM it's normal to keep run into same person 5+ time in a row, especially during odd hours. I remember seeing MKP run into JKS like 7-8 time in a row on stream.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Nelz
Profile Joined December 2011
309 Posts
August 22 2012 20:43 GMT
#367
So the 1-8 seeds from MLG Summer Arena will obviously face strong guys from the Open Bracket like MKP and seeds 9-16 will face the NA guys from the NA qualifier, ahah, seems fair!
CrugerDK
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark323 Posts
August 22 2012 20:44 GMT
#368
MLG has fucked up the seeding

compare group C and D - every single corresponding player is in group C compared to D

somehow theyve made #3 seed worse than #4, #5 worse than #6 etc.

wtf..?
ROOTSasquatch
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States234 Posts
August 22 2012 20:45 GMT
#369
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!
partsasquatch on reddit
xrapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1644 Posts
August 22 2012 20:48 GMT
#370
On August 23 2012 05:45 ASasquatch wrote:
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!


It's not your fault man. You were given an opportunity and you took it. No one's going to give you shit for trying to pursue your career and passion. We are mad with MLG.

Anyway, good luck! Your group is definitely doable lol.
Everyone is either delusional, a nihlilst, or dead from suicide.
CrazyBirdman
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-22 20:50:07
August 22 2012 20:49 GMT
#371
On August 23 2012 05:45 ASasquatch wrote:
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!

I don't think people are mainly talking about you, if I recall correctly, you did decently at Arena and earned your spot more than people who got far in the qualifiers. Nothing against those guys obviously, if they produce good matches I couln't care less about how they got there.
RageBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Israel1530 Posts
August 22 2012 20:49 GMT
#372
On August 23 2012 03:10 Starcraft2Viewer wrote:
Why is nobody talking about the fact that Desrow may be the biggest sleeper in this tournament.

I can see him crushing the open bracket and then meeting Taeja in the finals. It would be a toss-up between these two players to take down the championship in my opinion, but I may have to give the edge to chief Panda because his PvT is godlike.


Is that refering to the fact that he's a Snorlax?

OH NO I DI'INT
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
August 22 2012 20:51 GMT
#373
So is the winner of this going to get a seed into a KESPA tournament? Otherwise this MLG is not really getting any reciprocity from KESPA.
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
August 22 2012 20:51 GMT
#374
On August 23 2012 05:48 xrapture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2012 05:45 ASasquatch wrote:
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!


It's not your fault man. You were given an opportunity and you took it. No one's going to give you shit for trying to pursue your career and passion. We are mad with MLG.

Anyway, good luck! Your group is definitely doable lol.


Yeah, we will definitely be root for you. And now you are in group, you should definitely make top 8! (no pressure or anything lol)
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 22 2012 20:51 GMT
#375
On August 23 2012 05:10 monx wrote:
I just hope WCS will get proper coverage and hype since the prize pool is hot (24k for 1st place)


Half the players will be out before the stream begins. The Blue stream will begin with Winners Round 4, and Premium 2 starts with Losers Round 3 (losers get eliminated in 13th-16th).
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
lowreezy08
Profile Joined June 2011
United States143 Posts
August 22 2012 20:57 GMT
#376
On August 23 2012 05:37 makizmaidrug wrote:
So few Liquid players
Where are HayprO, Ret, Zenio and TLO ?

better question, where the fuck is MLG to clarify all these questions we have, "here's our player list, now go fuck yourselves after spending your money on our tournament over and over and over".
sup
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
August 22 2012 21:03 GMT
#377
On August 23 2012 05:45 ASasquatch wrote:
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!


players dont make the choices, it would be stupid to blame you for mlg picking names out of a hat
Nirel
Profile Joined September 2011
Israel1526 Posts
August 22 2012 21:09 GMT
#378
Taeja VS Hero I have to see that!!!!
glzElectromaster
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Japan2474 Posts
August 22 2012 21:17 GMT
#379
LOL HotForSundance
RIP Kt. Violet | In solitude, where we are least alone
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
August 22 2012 21:19 GMT
#380
On August 23 2012 05:45 ASasquatch wrote:
Sorry for the people who don't know me/are disappointed I'm in the group stages I didn't expect it but I've been trying my best since finishing high school and moving to the compLexity house for the summer so I hope I can put forward a good result to prove I'm worth the spot. It's also incredibly likely I'll just go out quickly depending on who I play, but I'll try my best!


As others have said, the anger appears to be more at the organization than any particular players. Even so, I don't think anyone is uspet at your inclusion in Groups, as you went to Arena, took a game off of Alicia, and beat Sheth. Your placement at the Arena put you among the next-best qualified players to get into the Groups (regardless of whether or not EU and KR players could have attended the Championship), and nobody can take that away from you.

Good luck in groups! (It appears that your first match will be against Goody).
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings91
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O168
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1001
ZZZero.O 168
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
Doublelift4500
Counter-Strike
minikerr11
Other Games
summit1g11423
JimRising 701
C9.Mang0282
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP111
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 31m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 31m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 31m
Replay Cast
22h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.