• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13812 users

GOMTV's new sponser Monsieur J - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
dextrin303
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden320 Posts
June 12 2012 15:42 GMT
#81
As long as they support GOMTV I'm happy =P
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
June 12 2012 15:42 GMT
#82
Monsieur J is targeted to the korean male and korean male use this stuff way more often then us western guys.
I think it makes a lot of sense.
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
ES.Genie
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany1370 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-12 15:44:53
June 12 2012 15:44 GMT
#83
On June 12 2012 22:16 _MagnuM_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 22:11 radiantshadow92 wrote:
it works well. gamers need their cream man


so if i'm trying to sell you something, and i randomly tell you that i HATE YOU... you would buy my product?

like.. ok i understand you guys are scared to say anything bad around here, but seriously you can't argue against that... culture thing or not.. its weird and hilariously bad...

but seriously im not flaming on gsl or esports or anybody, not even monsieur j... i'm not trying to understand korean culture or anything about general tv commercials either (where i'm sure they don't say I hate you - prove me wrong) ...

i was merely pointing out the fact that it can be a good idea to get high before watching GSL :D

They achieved what they wanted to achieve: People remember their spot(and product) and talk about it. That's successful advertising, doesn't matter if the video is hilarious or 'bad'.^^
No Mvp, no care. ~ the King will be back | Shawn Ray, Kevin Levrone, Phil Heath |
KirA_TheGreaT
Profile Joined April 2011
France204 Posts
June 12 2012 15:49 GMT
#84
Honestly, watch a french commercial perfume and then watch this... no big difference, just another commercial where you see a woman, a man, and a story who means nothing.
Gaga
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany433 Posts
June 12 2012 15:52 GMT
#85
perfume commercilas are always strange ^^
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
June 12 2012 15:58 GMT
#86
Well... you made a thread about it, its obviously doing its job alright id say, despite lack of artistic value and what not.
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
Ballack
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway821 Posts
June 12 2012 16:04 GMT
#87
Erm, you seem to flip everything in this case on it's head. Sponsors can quit supporting a show or whatever if the show is weird or does something stupid, shows or whatever won't and shouldn't remove sponsors because they act weird/do something stupid.
Just when I thought I was out, Blizz pulled me back in..
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
June 12 2012 18:44 GMT
#88
The only thing that bothers me about this add is that they didn't capitalise the 'I'. I hate that.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
June 12 2012 18:51 GMT
#89
I see the ''I hate you'' meaning ''I can't resist you even if I tried''.
But yeah, Korean ads are something else, let's say, and it's a pretty normal one, compared to some.
MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
June 12 2012 18:54 GMT
#90
On June 12 2012 22:08 Gorg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2012 21:53 ThePlayer33 wrote:
i just realised hot6ix = hot-69


mind = blown.

@sponsor: watch any random german commercial and you will find this one to be a true piece of art compared to any of them.

German commercials are not art you say? I beg to differ:



(I don't know if this is an actual commercial or just a joke, but I find it hilarious)

@OP Korean culture is so different from Western culture. I don't know how you can say that Monsieur J's commercial is bad in any way.
What a player
Neantix
Profile Joined September 2011
France139 Posts
June 12 2012 18:57 GMT
#91
This sponsor sound a bit weird for me as it recall me the way harley quinn name "the joker" in Batman animes/games ^^
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
June 12 2012 19:04 GMT
#92
I died laughing when I watched the first commercial too... It's a sponsor though, so you won't see me complaining.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
castled
Profile Joined March 2011
United States322 Posts
June 12 2012 19:06 GMT
#93
Have you guys ever seen Western perfume/cologne commercials? They're pretty much the same as this. I know this isn't the same product but close enough.

I did chuckle at "I hate you" but I agree with the above poster
On June 13 2012 03:51 MetalPanda wrote:
I see the ''I hate you'' meaning ''I can't resist you even if I tried''.

Atlas247
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada318 Posts
June 12 2012 19:06 GMT
#94
I gotta admit. When Wolf was talking about Monsieur J it was one of the funniest things i have seen on gsl. Not sure why, just sort of came out of nowhere.
Windex Banana Lampshade
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
June 12 2012 19:16 GMT
#95
i think there's a reason why that commercial is for korea, not surprising westerners would find it funny. but that commercial is just use(branding) of the actor jung woo sung and i think "i hate you" is open for interpretation. if anything this thread shows people will laugh at things through ignorance. you're not korean, you didnt get the commercial, thats all there is. move on.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
pt
Profile Joined November 2010
United States813 Posts
June 12 2012 19:17 GMT
#96
monsieur j is going to gain SO MUCH popularity because of GSL.
EG-TL!
snailz
Profile Joined April 2011
Croatia900 Posts
June 12 2012 19:17 GMT
#97
On June 12 2012 21:34 TBO wrote:
I would say an advertisement works great if it induces people to make forum threads about it.


like a sir :-)
"I am saying that there are 300 current pros and semi-pros that have the potential to come in and dominate SC2 at any moment, with a latency of a few months from the day they switch." - intrigue
JiPrime
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada688 Posts
June 12 2012 19:19 GMT
#98
On June 13 2012 04:16 jinorazi wrote:
i think there's a reason why that commercial is for korea, not surprising westerners would find it funny. but that commercial is just use(branding) of the actor jung woo sung and i think "i hate you" is open for interpretation. if anything this thread shows people will laugh at things through ignorance. you're not korean, you didnt get the commercial, thats all there is. move on.

Still kinda annoying to see the unwarranted "I hate you" message. :\
And it's not ignorance from the viewers, it's the stupidity from the sponsors who thought that advertisement was effective at all.
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
June 12 2012 19:20 GMT
#99
Honestly it's like any other fragrance commercial in any country where mood is the most important thing.... Words don't matter as much (and for the life of me none of the fragrance commercials I've ever seen in any country have made sense) Glad GSL is getting sponsors to outbid each other at least, since that's what had to have happened for Monsieur J to take the prime billing from Hot6ix.
In Inca we trust
ailouros
Profile Joined August 2008
United States193 Posts
June 12 2012 19:22 GMT
#100
So lonely and intellectual.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16680
Calm 1960
Shuttle 337
White-Ra 271
Mini 186
ZZZero.O 163
firebathero 70
soO 12
Sacsri 5
League of Legends
Doublelift1260
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4969
Other Games
summit1g8798
FrodaN2220
Liquid`RaSZi2088
fl0m1239
crisheroes257
Pyrionflax207
ToD207
IndyStarCraft 183
Livibee183
C9.Mang0147
Mew2King62
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick985
BasetradeTV219
StarCraft 2
angryscii 29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 30
• Hupsaiya 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki44
• blackmanpl 36
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1434
• Shiphtur602
• WagamamaTV319
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 40m
Replay Cast
1h 40m
OSC
14h 40m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.