• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7998 users

[Q&A] Naniwa answers swedish communitys questions

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 21:23:56
May 14 2012 20:56 GMT
#1
Swedish esports site fragbite.se held a Q&A with Naniwa where the community could as him various questions, I decided to do a translation of it. I was really tired when I translated it so there might be lots of typos and grammatical errors etc.

-Mod-: How has your life outside of the game changed since you started playing on a high level? How was your circle of friends and relationships been affected?

When I put down more time on the game I had to focus less on friends. Although I’ve always had my closest friends left, but it’s hard to be close with new friends when you don’t have that much time left ^^. The relationship part has been so so, it’s extremely hard to have a girlfriends when you’re so emotionally involved in Starcraft.

Izen: Are you the king of the North?

When I’ll play ThorZaIN we will see.

Harzke: What’s your opinion on the removal of the mothership? Do you have any thoughts on how to deal with broodlords in lategame?

Hmm now Zerg have figured out how to deal with mothership, so I don’t really think it will change a lot. It’s quite sad though, I felt it really found its place in the game since people figured out how to use it.

Nygards: Why did you choose protoss? Did you try out the other raced before deciding? If you would be able to switch race which one would you pick? Which is the most annoying unit in sc2?

When I was 10 I used to play starcraft vanilla with my dad, I played zerg and he played protoss. Because of that I was really interested in trying out protoss, even before sc2 was released I was watching VODs of Bisu, Stork and Jangbi and I thought psi-storms were really cool haha. This was the real reason for choosing protoss, unfortunately it’s not as cool in Starcraft 2. If I would switch race if would be Terran since I think that race is very forgiving when you make mistakes so you can always have comebacks. The most annoying unit is without doubt ghost.

Prozack: How many time have you watched “hajime no ippo” (T/N: This is a Manga/Anime, the english translation is Fighting Spirit) and who’s your favourite in it?

My name comes from “Sendo” so he’s my favourite ^_^, he and Brian Hawk. I’ve probably seen it 5 times haha.

Carlton Banks: Which progamer is nicest IRL?

The nicest one who always tries to help you is probably Sheth, even if has to sacrifice things for himself he always helps others. Elsewise it’s White-Ra.

Padam: How much korean have you learnt?

I’ve leart the standard pickup-lines hahaha aswell as thank you, goodbye etc. Nothing more :D

KimoTo: What do you think is missing in esports/sc2 in Sweden?

The things I think is missing are good coverage and referees at Dreamhack for example. The people who work for Aftonblandet (T/N: Swedens biggest newspaper) don’t have any idea what they’re talking about. The Dreamhack staff doesn’t have any idea of what maps are up-to-date in other tournaments, they don’t co-operate with the pros to create better circumstances regarding these problems. This is a big issue for me everytime I attend a Swedish tournament, I personally become very sad when I see a thing that could’ve been so much better ending up being mediocre.

m101: Is it hard being Swedish big esports hope? Does the fans expectation about you having to perform better than other foreigners become tiresome? Does it feel hard to live up to these expectations or are rather motivated by them?

It’s both hard and motivating, It’s a lot of pressure and expectations but I’ve lived with the pressure for such a long time, right now I’m the only one who’s putting extreme demands for myself, but I hope to live up to them in the future. I haven’t been that satisfied with my performance lately, but I take a lot of pride in being Swedens esport hope, as most most of my motivation in sc2 comes from winning tournaments not winning prize money.

Composureyao: What other games have you played besides sc2? What are you planning to do after your sc2 career?

I played Warcraft 3 during the time when I was in school, it was what motivated me to try out sc2 ^^. The plan right now is to start studying again, but I don’t know how it will go, won’t really remember that much from my past studies when I’m done with starcraft haha.

metspletsLOL: Any plans to start streaming?

If I have a long break then I’ll stream. But when I have tournaments coming up, which I have all the time right now, I prefer to not stream because streaming decreases my chances of winning.

53an^: Why do you think Sase hasn’t really been able to go as far as you have, but has gotten stuck a bit below, even though he practices a lot?

Personally I don’t think Sase is as hungry as I am, but also there is a lot of mental things, our views on the game and everything around it. Although I don’t think he has had his breaktrough yet, but I do know he has what it takes to become a very good player.

Ninjahoe: What happened with you and HuK? When you were in Korea it seemed for a while that you were really good friends, then suddenly it felt like the opposite. Did something special happen?

I’m personally not sure on what happened, but I rather keep details to myself. It begun with HuK not thinking I deserved the Code S seed, therefore he got mad that I got the spot which he thought that he deserved. We both have really big egos so it’s very easy to disagree about stuff like that.

EN HEZT: How often do you practice in Korea? And which players do you practice with and who do you live with?

The ones who live in the house right now are all Startale members except Parting. When I have a game against a terran in GSL I grind out games with Hack, Sound and Bomber all day long. Against zerg it’s Curious and Kingkong, and against protoss it’s Tiger and Squirtle. Squirtle and I have discussed a lot about the game recently.

I usually practice 6-8 hours every day but I don’t have a fixed training schedule. I just practice when I’m in the mood for it, and when I have tournaments upcoming it easily becomes 12+ hours. During the day I feel that I can play as much as I possibly can.

Cwk!: Are you and I the only played who are lefties or do you know of more? In that case who? Do you agree that it’s harder to use control groups as a leftist for example 6-7-8 who are too far away?

I personally use “7 6 5 4 3 2 1”, but nothing that’s further away. I don’t think it’s that bad for us (lefties). Nazgul is a lefty as well, I don’t know anyone else than him and me though.

Holmes: Which Zerg-unit would be best with Felix ketchup? (T/N: Swedish Ketchup producer, like Heinz Ketchup), name a specific one not all of them.

I guess that I would’ve preferred to grill a zergling or maybe eaten a overlord, they seem to be really meaty.

Jsxp: Terran still imba?

Only ghosts and mules!

Source:http://www.fragbite.se/?newsID=19804
Katix
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4 Posts
May 14 2012 21:00 GMT
#2
Autism

User was temp banned for this post.
Arush
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada80 Posts
May 14 2012 21:03 GMT
#3
On May 15 2012 06:00 Katix wrote:
Autism




Ignorant...
Plaguuuu!
dafnay
Profile Joined May 2010
Angola375 Posts
May 14 2012 21:03 GMT
#4
NANIWA I WANT YOUR BABIES
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
May 14 2012 21:03 GMT
#5
Does he really think that terran and ghosts are that forgiving giventhe current metagame? Hmmmm
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
May 14 2012 21:03 GMT
#6
I don't know how he still thinks ghosts are imba, they were nerfed into the ground
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
May 14 2012 21:04 GMT
#7
Nice interview hope to see naniwa in code S next season

oh! naniwa he did code s ro8 and said that mules and ghost are imba, this is the definitely true no? flash is worst than naniwa and all ppl is asslicking him

User was warned for this post
protoss living in da ghetto
HostilSpike
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom62 Posts
May 14 2012 21:06 GMT
#8
I'm not a huge Naniwa fan (though I do love him as Thorzain's rival), but this was a really good interview.
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
May 14 2012 21:07 GMT
#9
On May 15 2012 06:00 Katix wrote:
Autism

What?
Hello
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
May 14 2012 21:09 GMT
#10
Thanks for the translations
Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
May 14 2012 21:13 GMT
#11
Naniwa hit the nail on the head of why terran is so dominant, if you make a single big mistake with P or Z you just lose the game, you can make so many mistakes as terran and still win.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
ceaRshaf
Profile Joined August 2009
Romania4926 Posts
May 14 2012 21:16 GMT
#12
Great man. Thanks!
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 14 2012 21:17 GMT
#13
Nice answers, some cool questions too. Thanks for translating ^^
GreyKnight
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4720 Posts
May 14 2012 21:17 GMT
#14
On May 15 2012 06:13 ComusLoM wrote:
Naniwa hit the nail on the head of why terran is so dominant, if you make a single big mistake with P or Z you just lose the game, you can make so many mistakes as terran and still win.


This was true maybe a year ago when people didnt understand the game as well
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
May 14 2012 21:18 GMT
#15
Thats for the translations
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-14 22:14:05
May 14 2012 21:19 GMT
#16
Really awesome. Cheers Nani. Always fair, honest and no bullshit

Keep on fighting hard!

Naniwa is a man of honour if anyone is!
(:
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
May 14 2012 21:19 GMT
#17
On May 15 2012 06:17 GreyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 06:13 ComusLoM wrote:
Naniwa hit the nail on the head of why terran is so dominant, if you make a single big mistake with P or Z you just lose the game, you can make so many mistakes as terran and still win.


This was true maybe a year ago when people didnt understand the game as well

I'd say it's still very true, If a Protoss players misses his forcefields he's screwd or if a Zerg fucks his scouting up it can be very crucial for him. Even though this applys for Terran in certain ways as well, they don't really get punished for it as hard as Zerg/Protoss. But still that's just my take on it.
Blennd
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
May 14 2012 21:20 GMT
#18
Lefty (lefties) = someone who is left-handed
Leftist = someone whose political beliefs are on the far left

Good interview. Kind of curious why Huk would think naniwa doesn't deserve the Code S spot, considering he earned it through the exchange program, and Huk's seeds have been awarded based on judgment calls.
ravemir
Profile Joined April 2011
Portugal595 Posts
May 14 2012 21:23 GMT
#19
He is fighting for tournament wins, not prize money? Wow, talk about a change of heart...
"more gg, more skill"
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
May 14 2012 21:24 GMT
#20
On May 15 2012 06:17 GreyKnight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2012 06:13 ComusLoM wrote:
Naniwa hit the nail on the head of why terran is so dominant, if you make a single big mistake with P or Z you just lose the game, you can make so many mistakes as terran and still win.


This was true maybe a year ago when people didnt understand the game as well


I think it would still be the case now, but to a far lesser degree. Terran has the tools to comeback from almost anything provided you have the skill and your opponent makes a mistake or two.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1115
RotterdaM640
SteadfastSC319
TKL 259
Rex135
CosmosSc2 41
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 640
SteadfastSC 319
TKL 259
Rex 135
ProTech51
CosmosSc2 41
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44640
Calm 3280
Shuttle 2529
Jaedong 1690
Horang2 762
Soma 545
actioN 541
Mini 449
Rush 435
Soulkey 397
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 351
Stork 349
ZerO 270
Larva 238
BeSt 211
Snow 190
Mong 132
firebathero 120
Zeus 94
hero 94
Mind 75
910 69
Free 66
Hyun 52
Yoon 46
Sharp 42
sorry 40
Shine 39
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 32
JYJ 28
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 23
Bale 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 21
HiyA 20
Hm[arnc] 14
Killer 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5130
Dendi1261
Counter-Strike
fl0m2325
Fnx 600
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko421
Other Games
singsing2260
hiko815
crisheroes462
B2W.Neo306
Liquid`RaSZi283
DeMusliM219
Khaldor205
Livibee179
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX138
Trikslyr74
dupreeh68
QueenE58
ZerO(Twitch)16
ceh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 663
Other Games
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH236
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2215
• Jankos1604
• TFBlade577
• Noizen95
Other Games
• Shiphtur683
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 39m
The PondCast
19h 39m
INu's Battles
20h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.