• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:38
CEST 23:38
KST 06:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8123 users

2012 GSL Season 3 Code A Qualifiers Foreigner Hype - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
May 26 2012 16:10 GMT
#141
Gorrilla terran fighting!!Good luck to all the foreigners.
On a side note- If Huk gets another seed I will be so pissed (not that i don't like him- its just that he has dropped out of the gsl two seasons in a row...)
Long live the Boss Toss!
Ryncol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States980 Posts
May 26 2012 16:12 GMT
#142
On May 27 2012 01:07 JustPassingBy wrote:
Heck yeah! Livestreams for qualifiers! Thanks alot Khaldor and gomtv!

Too bad that so many foreigners are missing the qualifiers, but definitely the right decision for them.
I am just a bit sad that this will scratch on the GSL's reputation to be THE sc2 league out there.

I don't really think that it does at all, to be honest. Code S is still the pinnacle of SC2, a few people skipping qualifiers doesn't change that.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
May 26 2012 16:29 GMT
#143
On May 27 2012 00:46 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 00:40 ThePhan2m wrote:
Since Huk and Sase arent here for qualifiers, maybe they both have got Code S seed already?


dunno about sase cuz he's pretty irrelevant, but Huk got knocked out of code A already, so he has to start from code B or something.

They have 2 free code S spots? who is going to get them? Stephano isnt going to Korea yet I think. And why would Huk and Sase both skip qualifiers for the most important tour in the world? Of course they have a better chance in Redbull Battlegrounds, still there is plenty of big tours to join outside qualifier weekend to practice for.
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-26 17:29:31
May 26 2012 17:29 GMT
#144
I can't find at what time this starts???
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
May 26 2012 17:33 GMT
#145
On May 27 2012 01:29 ThePhan2m wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 00:46 dacimvrl wrote:
On May 27 2012 00:40 ThePhan2m wrote:
Since Huk and Sase arent here for qualifiers, maybe they both have got Code S seed already?


dunno about sase cuz he's pretty irrelevant, but Huk got knocked out of code A already, so he has to start from code B or something.

They have 2 free code S spots? who is going to get them? Stephano isnt going to Korea yet I think. And why would Huk and Sase both skip qualifiers for the most important tour in the world? Of course they have a better chance in Redbull Battlegrounds, still there is plenty of big tours to join outside qualifier weekend to practice for.

I can virtually gurantee that iron squid has given GOM an excuse to seed MMA the other one is left up in the air though, perhaps violet but he doesn't seem interested in the GSL.
Glorious SEA doto
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-26 17:48:39
May 26 2012 17:37 GMT
#146
Is cArn like a super nice and cool guy, or why does he get so much hype from the foreign casters in Korea? I hear wolf, khaldor and even artosis talk about him frequently, but the one account linked here isn't even top 25 KR masters.
I don't remember him ever having any strong performances, and even the dubbed 'cArn' build seemed similar to what other KR terrans have done before and MKP has done much better since, but I might be mistaken on that one.
Last official news I heard about him was his team dropping him because he wasn't training as hard as he promised them, or something along those lines (as OP mentions).
Does he have some great results at some point that I'm not familiar with?

Also, I like the 'Man of a Million Names' title for Major. Probably the most polite and appropriate label I've heard for him.
TheBanana
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway2183 Posts
May 26 2012 17:38 GMT
#147
On May 27 2012 02:33 Fusilero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 01:29 ThePhan2m wrote:
On May 27 2012 00:46 dacimvrl wrote:
On May 27 2012 00:40 ThePhan2m wrote:
Since Huk and Sase arent here for qualifiers, maybe they both have got Code S seed already?


dunno about sase cuz he's pretty irrelevant, but Huk got knocked out of code A already, so he has to start from code B or something.

They have 2 free code S spots? who is going to get them? Stephano isnt going to Korea yet I think. And why would Huk and Sase both skip qualifiers for the most important tour in the world? Of course they have a better chance in Redbull Battlegrounds, still there is plenty of big tours to join outside qualifier weekend to practice for.

I can virtually gurantee that iron squid has given GOM an excuse to seed MMA the other one is left up in the air though, perhaps violet but he doesn't seem interested in the GSL.


Thorzain?
He's going to Korea and he won Dreamhack.
If you're not getting better faster than everybody else, you're getting worse.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
May 26 2012 17:47 GMT
#148
On May 27 2012 02:38 TheBanana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2012 02:33 Fusilero wrote:
On May 27 2012 01:29 ThePhan2m wrote:
On May 27 2012 00:46 dacimvrl wrote:
On May 27 2012 00:40 ThePhan2m wrote:
Since Huk and Sase arent here for qualifiers, maybe they both have got Code S seed already?


dunno about sase cuz he's pretty irrelevant, but Huk got knocked out of code A already, so he has to start from code B or something.

They have 2 free code S spots? who is going to get them? Stephano isnt going to Korea yet I think. And why would Huk and Sase both skip qualifiers for the most important tour in the world? Of course they have a better chance in Redbull Battlegrounds, still there is plenty of big tours to join outside qualifier weekend to practice for.

I can virtually gurantee that iron squid has given GOM an excuse to seed MMA the other one is left up in the air though, perhaps violet but he doesn't seem interested in the GSL.


Thorzain?
He's going to Korea and he won Dreamhack.

Yea, you're both right. Thanks, Hopefully Thorzain and possibly MMA
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
May 26 2012 18:11 GMT
#149
Waxangel tweeted something about Sase and nightend getting code s seeds or whatever which makes sense anyway the video was awesome pumped for these 2days ^^
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
May 26 2012 18:23 GMT
#150
On May 27 2012 01:07 JustPassingBy wrote:
Heck yeah! Livestreams for qualifiers! Thanks alot Khaldor and gomtv!

Too bad that so many foreigners are missing the qualifiers, but definitely the right decision for them.
I am just a bit sad that this will scratch on the GSL's reputation to be THE sc2 league out there.

Just curious but how does this makes sense?
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
May 26 2012 19:19 GMT
#151
I feel like NightEnd has the best shot, if in fact he doesn't just get a seed.
For Aiur???
masterbreti
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Korea (South)2711 Posts
May 26 2012 19:26 GMT
#152
I play at 11am. So please people cheer for me. I had a dream last night that I had gotten Code A. Hopefully this is a vision of the future. I hope to make you all proud of me as a foreigner, that is more important than any Code A spot, if I do that, I accomplished my goal. Fogeigners fighting!
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
May 26 2012 19:34 GMT
#153
I am hoping that at least 2 foreigner makes it through the groups. I am realistically thinking 1 or none will
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Wafflelisk
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada1061 Posts
May 26 2012 19:54 GMT
#154
On May 27 2012 04:26 masterbreti wrote:
I play at 11am. So please people cheer for me. I had a dream last night that I had gotten Code A. Hopefully this is a vision of the future. I hope to make you all proud of me as a foreigner, that is more important than any Code A spot, if I do that, I accomplished my goal. Fogeigners fighting!


WIll be cheering hard if you're streamed. Well, I'll be cheering anyway, but I think you know what I mean. glhf

Waffles > Pancakes
xza
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore1600 Posts
May 26 2012 20:04 GMT
#155
On May 27 2012 04:26 masterbreti wrote:
I play at 11am. So please people cheer for me. I had a dream last night that I had gotten Code A. Hopefully this is a vision of the future. I hope to make you all proud of me as a foreigner, that is more important than any Code A spot, if I do that, I accomplished my goal. Fogeigners fighting!


Break a leg my friend! Do us proud and always keep in mind that it doesnt take a korean to be in code A, it takes skill
"What a terrible final. This is why BO3s are horrible. Seriously MKP vs Moon in a final and having it BO3 is like having Mila Kunis naked in your bed and all she'll give you is a HJ with her PJs on. Pffffffffffffffftt." -greatZERG
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
May 27 2012 02:30 GMT
#156
On May 27 2012 04:26 masterbreti wrote:
I play at 11am. So please people cheer for me. I had a dream last night that I had gotten Code A. Hopefully this is a vision of the future. I hope to make you all proud of me as a foreigner, that is more important than any Code A spot, if I do that, I accomplished my goal. Fogeigners fighting!

Ill hope for you

I guess considering Huk is at Red Bull that he isn't trying for GSL this season? :/
Laplaces_imp
Profile Joined January 2012
368 Posts
May 27 2012 07:27 GMT
#157
so i have been trying to find the brackets on TL but haven't been able to dig anything up. Can someone post a link to them if they are available?
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
May 27 2012 07:28 GMT
#158
On May 27 2012 16:27 Laplaces_imp wrote:
so i have been trying to find the brackets on TL but haven't been able to dig anything up. Can someone post a link to them if they are available?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/index.php?title=2012_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_3/Preliminaries
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
Prillan
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden350 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-28 08:06:16
May 28 2012 07:36 GMT
#159
Wasn't HayprO, NightEnD and ToD supposed to be at the preliminaries?

I can't find them in the brackets...

EDIT: Ok, now ToD popped up in the bracket.
TheBB's sidekick, aligulac.com | "Reality is frequently inaccurate." - Douglas Adams
tQWannaBe
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-29 02:07:11
May 28 2012 08:49 GMT
#160
Oops wrong post
NO MERCY IN ENGINEERING
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1103
ZZZero.O 109
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift4447
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
Fnx 900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6155
Other Games
summit1g8539
FrodaN2967
B2W.Neo604
KnowMe251
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1399
BasetradeTV296
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1197
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 22m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.