• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:02
CEST 22:02
KST 05:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9717 users

Flash practicing sc2 article translation - Page 41

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 46 Next All
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46484 Posts
May 09 2012 14:23 GMT
#801
On May 09 2012 23:20 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 23:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:05 Assirra wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:11 iCastor wrote:
I am a Protoss player and I do think Protoss is a little strong even though I have a lot of trouble with zerg... anyone watching the GSL code S??? 3 toss top 4 :D


iirc, when it was DRG vs. Genius, the other two players in the top four were both Terrans So it hardly matters.

Terran and Protoss were pretty even throughout the GSL this season. It's really the Zergs we should be looking at- how poorly they're doing, despite Zerg supposedly doing just fine against Protoss and Terran.

Zergs were doing bad previous season as well tbh.
DRG was the only zerg in the round of 8.


Right, I meant in general TLPD winrates. Why is there supposed balance across the board when Zerg has only one or two notorious top finishers each season? What isn't carrying over from ladder and other tournaments (because Zergs do just fine there) into the GSL?

Probably the time to prepare.
Zergs are the most vurnable to timing attacks since they don't have a "oh shit" solution to stop or at least delay an attack.
If you got the wrong units out, you die. You have no forcefields, you cannot move your natural to your main.
They also got the lovely design that their main bust units (banelings) actually get lost no matter what.
I dunno how this went in BW and i don't claim to be an expert in any means but zerg simply lacks utility.


I think that's why Zerg was given the fastest units with the most mobility (mutalisks, zerglings, overlord drop/ nydus options, etc.), to keep harrassing- especially with multi-pronged attacks, as Zerg isn't necessarily supposed to win in a straight up engagement (although some of their unit compositions aren't terrible, to be honest).
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
May 09 2012 14:27 GMT
#802
On May 09 2012 23:23 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 23:20 Assirra wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:05 Assirra wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:11 iCastor wrote:
I am a Protoss player and I do think Protoss is a little strong even though I have a lot of trouble with zerg... anyone watching the GSL code S??? 3 toss top 4 :D


iirc, when it was DRG vs. Genius, the other two players in the top four were both Terrans So it hardly matters.

Terran and Protoss were pretty even throughout the GSL this season. It's really the Zergs we should be looking at- how poorly they're doing, despite Zerg supposedly doing just fine against Protoss and Terran.

Zergs were doing bad previous season as well tbh.
DRG was the only zerg in the round of 8.


Right, I meant in general TLPD winrates. Why is there supposed balance across the board when Zerg has only one or two notorious top finishers each season? What isn't carrying over from ladder and other tournaments (because Zergs do just fine there) into the GSL?

Probably the time to prepare.
Zergs are the most vurnable to timing attacks since they don't have a "oh shit" solution to stop or at least delay an attack.
If you got the wrong units out, you die. You have no forcefields, you cannot move your natural to your main.
They also got the lovely design that their main bust units (banelings) actually get lost no matter what.
I dunno how this went in BW and i don't claim to be an expert in any means but zerg simply lacks utility.


I think that's why Zerg was given the fastest units with the most mobility (mutalisks, zerglings, overlord drop/ nydus options, etc.), to keep harrassing- especially with multi-pronged attacks, as Zerg isn't necessarily supposed to win in a straight up engagement (although some of their unit compositions aren't terrible, to be honest).

Oh ofc some of the compositions aren't terrible, otherwise we would never seen a GSL win in the first place.
about the mobility tough, stalkers and MMM are pretty dam fast as well, not as fast as lings muta's but they can do quite a bit more damage as well since they don't melt usually.
Hell, maybe its the players and not the race.
We constantly see new terran and new protoss coming up in code A/S except for zerg.
It's about time to get a fresh batch of them, the last was DRG and how many months was that ago.
Nightshake
Profile Joined November 2010
France412 Posts
May 09 2012 14:28 GMT
#803
Oh yeah baby : D !
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
May 09 2012 14:28 GMT
#804
I really dislike trying to get statements like this, as they just try to just get an "out-there" statement that can cause some controversy, and then people just run with it like shown here in this thread. I wish that people could just read stuff like this with a grain of salt. Most of the Koreans at HSC4 were basically just going "imba imba imba" at every possible thing when they commentated, and I think it just extends to something like this.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 14:31:53
May 09 2012 14:31 GMT
#805
On May 09 2012 23:28 Mirosuu wrote:
I really dislike trying to get statements like this, as they just try to just get an "out-there" statement that can cause some controversy, and then people just run with it like shown here in this thread. I wish that people could just read stuff like this with a grain of salt. Most of the Koreans at HSC4 were basically just going "imba imba imba" at every possible thing when they commentated, and I think it just extends to something like this.

the imba imba thing at HSC4 was just MC fooling around. Hell he called marine vs marine imba vs imba.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 09 2012 14:40 GMT
#806
[image loading]
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
SoniStreet
Profile Joined October 2010
Macedonia98 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 14:47:22
May 09 2012 14:46 GMT
#807
BTW how come there is no Flash Fanclub thread yet??? I have tried looking for Flash Fanclub, KT_Flash Fanclub but had no luck in finding it
Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51549 Posts
May 09 2012 14:49 GMT
#808
On May 09 2012 23:46 SoniStreet wrote:
BTW how come there is no Flash Fanclub thread yet??? I have tried looking for Flash Fanclub, KT_Flash Fanclub but had no luck in finding it


uhhh there is one, http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=108774

the ultimate fanclub!
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 09 2012 14:50 GMT
#809
The TL BW community has never really made fanclubs.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
May 09 2012 14:52 GMT
#810
On May 09 2012 23:23 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 23:20 Assirra wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:12 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:05 Assirra wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:55 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On May 09 2012 22:11 iCastor wrote:
I am a Protoss player and I do think Protoss is a little strong even though I have a lot of trouble with zerg... anyone watching the GSL code S??? 3 toss top 4 :D


iirc, when it was DRG vs. Genius, the other two players in the top four were both Terrans So it hardly matters.

Terran and Protoss were pretty even throughout the GSL this season. It's really the Zergs we should be looking at- how poorly they're doing, despite Zerg supposedly doing just fine against Protoss and Terran.

Zergs were doing bad previous season as well tbh.
DRG was the only zerg in the round of 8.


Right, I meant in general TLPD winrates. Why is there supposed balance across the board when Zerg has only one or two notorious top finishers each season? What isn't carrying over from ladder and other tournaments (because Zergs do just fine there) into the GSL?

Probably the time to prepare.
Zergs are the most vurnable to timing attacks since they don't have a "oh shit" solution to stop or at least delay an attack.
If you got the wrong units out, you die. You have no forcefields, you cannot move your natural to your main.
They also got the lovely design that their main bust units (banelings) actually get lost no matter what.
I dunno how this went in BW and i don't claim to be an expert in any means but zerg simply lacks utility.


I think that's why Zerg was given the fastest units with the most mobility (mutalisks, zerglings, overlord drop/ nydus options, etc.), to keep harrassing- especially with multi-pronged attacks, as Zerg isn't necessarily supposed to win in a straight up engagement (although some of their unit compositions aren't terrible, to be honest).


Really it's the creep. speeding up both your units and acting as a cloaked observer. It never feels like I can attack zerg if he has sufficient creep spread as I have to spend time going Alpha Centauri on the creep.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51549 Posts
May 09 2012 14:53 GMT
#811
On May 09 2012 23:50 Holgerius wrote:
The TL BW community has never really made fanclubs.


I said that to echo 2pac's statement
On April 06 2012 04:57 2Pacalypse- wrote:
In BW, when we want to make a fanclub about someone, we write a Final Edit about him.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Mirosuu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
England283 Posts
May 09 2012 14:53 GMT
#812
On May 09 2012 23:31 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 23:28 Mirosuu wrote:
I really dislike trying to get statements like this, as they just try to just get an "out-there" statement that can cause some controversy, and then people just run with it like shown here in this thread. I wish that people could just read stuff like this with a grain of salt. Most of the Koreans at HSC4 were basically just going "imba imba imba" at every possible thing when they commentated, and I think it just extends to something like this.

the imba imba thing at HSC4 was just MC fooling around. Hell he called marine vs marine imba vs imba.


Yeah, and as I said, it's usually done in the same manner as the stuff that happened at HSC4. It's just to grab some attention, not really for any substance and people shouldn't buy into it so much, but hell, because it's flash, it must be true. -rolls eyes-
The more things change, the more they stay the same.
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
May 09 2012 14:54 GMT
#813
On May 09 2012 23:22 eery1 wrote:
LOL. I'd still rather have Bisu as Toss than Flash


Flash wouldn't pick a race that would make him turtle up a max army while spamming turrets--err...cannons.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 15:15:34
May 09 2012 15:15 GMT
#814
On May 09 2012 23:40 Holgerius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm sure glad DRG isn't in that pile of corpses
moo...for DRG
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 09 2012 15:25 GMT
#815
On May 10 2012 00:15 neoghaleon55 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2012 23:40 Holgerius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm sure glad DRG isn't in that pile of corpses

Oh trust me, he is. He was one of the first slain, and is hidden somewhere in the bottom of the pile.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Disposition1989
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada270 Posts
May 09 2012 15:26 GMT
#816
On May 10 2012 00:25 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 00:15 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:40 Holgerius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm sure glad DRG isn't in that pile of corpses

Oh trust me, he is. He was one of the first slain, and is hidden somewhere in the bottom of the pile.

more importantly, who is the girl??? : D
neozxa
Profile Joined August 2011
Indonesia545 Posts
May 09 2012 15:29 GMT
#817
I'm looking forward to watching Flash's stream when he decides to open one. Preferablly one on Twitch.tv :D
Keep moving forward
rasers
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden691 Posts
May 09 2012 16:06 GMT
#818
On May 10 2012 00:29 neozxa wrote:
I'm looking forward to watching Flash's stream when he decides to open one. Preferablly one on Twitch.tv :D

well have fun waiting. cause it will never happen.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
May 09 2012 16:15 GMT
#819
On May 10 2012 00:26 Disposition1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 00:25 Holgerius wrote:
On May 10 2012 00:15 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:40 Holgerius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm sure glad DRG isn't in that pile of corpses

Oh trust me, he is. He was one of the first slain, and is hidden somewhere in the bottom of the pile.

more importantly, who is the girl??? : D

She represents me.

And I doubt that Kespa will allow Flash to stream.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
totally_spy
Profile Joined April 2010
France104 Posts
May 09 2012 16:18 GMT
#820
On May 10 2012 01:15 Holgerius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2012 00:26 Disposition1989 wrote:
On May 10 2012 00:25 Holgerius wrote:
On May 10 2012 00:15 neoghaleon55 wrote:
On May 09 2012 23:40 Holgerius wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I'm sure glad DRG isn't in that pile of corpses

Oh trust me, he is. He was one of the first slain, and is hidden somewhere in the bottom of the pile.

more importantly, who is the girl??? : D

She represents me.

And I doubt that Kespa will allow Flash to stream.


Why would they? Can they really dictate if one player can stream or not? :/
Prev 1 39 40 41 42 43 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O110
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason178
BRAT_OK 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15310
Artosis 791
Mini 237
ZZZero.O 110
Mind 76
Hyun 38
Bale 25
NaDa 23
Dota 2
qojqva2563
420jenkins586
League of Legends
Doublelift1979
Counter-Strike
Fnx 550
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5992
Khaldor1272
Liquid`Hasu1016
MindelVK12
Other Games
summit1g6586
FrodaN2131
B2W.Neo744
byalli303
ToD254
Railgan37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1299
BasetradeTV269
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
StarCraft 2
angryscii 34
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 33
• Reevou 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 26
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• FirePhoenix9
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie926
• Shiphtur262
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
14h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
19h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 14h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.