• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:32
CEST 01:32
KST 08:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War685.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12734 users

Red Bull Battlegrounds - Page 34

Forum Index > SC2 General
1542 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 78 Next
Hadley_
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany157 Posts
May 25 2012 18:52 GMT
#661
Rob Simpson ... /facepalm
indxrje
Profile Joined May 2012
227 Posts
May 25 2012 19:00 GMT
#662
why's everyone getting all angry about ls getting an invite and not getting mad about ostojiy and illusion? all three of them have literally no results so I don't understand all the hate specifically on lastshadow
hihi
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
May 25 2012 19:06 GMT
#663
On May 26 2012 04:00 indxrje wrote:
why's everyone getting all angry about ls getting an invite and not getting mad about ostojiy and illusion? all three of them have literally no results so I don't understand all the hate specifically on lastshadow

look at TLPD for illusion and osotjiy and then look at it for lastshadow. then proceed to eat crow.

Ostojiy made it into championship brackets at the last MLG among other good wins in team leagues. and illusion is a beast. he took out Zenio, Ryung and Oz at IPL4.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:10:10
May 25 2012 19:10 GMT
#664
A quote from my favorite movie:

“Your fellows have attended classes. They’ve written papers and published.”

“Oh, I’m still searching sir.”

“Your original idea.”

“Governing dynamics, sir.”

“It’s very clever, John, but I’m afraid it’s just not nearly good enough.”

The professor enters the faculty dining hall, with Nash in pursuit. Nash beseeches him about projects he has been working on, still speaking very rapidly, interspersing a request for a meeting with Einstein. Once again the professor interrupts him to point out what is going on in the dining hall.

A white haired man is seated at a table in the forefront while colleagues come to his table and one by one lay their fountain pens in front of him. The professor tells us,

“It’s the pens, reserved for a member of the department that makes the achievement of a lifetime. Now what do you see John?”

“Greatness.”

“Well, try seeing accomplishment.”

“Is there a difference?”

“John, you haven’t focused. I’m sorry, but up to this point your record doesn’t warrant any placement at all. Good day.”
Thank God and gunrun.
DownAnotherDay
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada69 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:17:27
May 25 2012 19:12 GMT
#665
Ganzi
Stephano

Sheth
Sase

MC
Ostojiy

Parting
Squirtle

Only really comfortable with my group 4 picks (+ MC obviously) ... but gogogo !

Winner: Ganzi ( Terran fighting ! lol)
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10094 Posts
May 25 2012 19:12 GMT
#666
On May 25 2012 21:49 huehuehuehue wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2012 17:23 mTwTT1 wrote:
i think lastshadow is being made a scapegoat for a much larger issue which i wont bring up ^.^, even tho i also agree that he doesnt deserve his spot in the tournament the same could be said for osto and he hasnt received nearly as much hate as lastshadow has

i for one could care less if player x gets invited over player y in a tournament, a good player will always find a way to showcase his skill regardless of what tournament he gets invited to, if its not this tournament it'll be the next one. im actually excited to see some new blood within the competitive scene, makes it much more exciting and im sure everyone is curious to see how well they stake up against high level players

edit: oh yea and my picks are:

GanZi
Illusion
Stephano <
Violet <

Group 2
Sheth
Taeja <
Thorzain
SaSe <

Group 3
Bomber
Ostojiy
HuK <
MC <

Group 4
Ret <
LastShadow
PartinG
Squirtle <

with ret winning it all unless he runs into stephano

Why mention it when you don't want to elaborate on that issue?


i love 2 tease
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
TumNarDok
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany854 Posts
May 25 2012 19:13 GMT
#667
Get me hendralisk, Noxn, Masa, Suppy, jEcho, SouL, Pyre, SeoHyeon, Everize, Puck for the next tournament invites!
NA really has to do something to promote their own talents better and give them opportunities.
mememolly
Profile Joined December 2011
4765 Posts
May 25 2012 19:15 GMT
#668
On May 26 2012 02:14 ntssauce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:00 Bagration wrote:
On May 26 2012 01:25 mememolly wrote:
should have invited idra or some other foreigner, lastshadow invite is indefensible

kinda funny how everyone's photo is like a pro photo from an event and lastshadow's is some webcam screengrab, sums it up really


I disagree with the Lastshadow invite as well, but don't weaken your own argument by suggesting Idra. The guy has a sub 33% winrate for the year


i copied my post from reddit with some edit so you understand FUCKING READ IT !:

On some of those 3 shows by djwheat and jp (sotg, lo3, itg) they talked about how hard it is to get known in starcraft and that Scarlett had to beat top top Koreans to get at least a little known. So they basically talked about how hard it is to get far in the mlg open brackets and how its hard to get known as a lesser player .

after that they said: we have to support them more so , the top shoudln't be that stagnant and need some new wind.

But as soon as our lovely Day has the balls to get lastshadow, everybody cries and bitches. So it seems that people do not really want to give newcomers a chance.

Important is: that even another 4th American (it had to be a foreigner afaik ) would have been knocked out of the group ,same as ls is probably going to be knocked out . Take any EG player f.e, incontrol, idra or machine. Nobody would say a word about them getting invited, but they would also die in that group.
So instead of inviting a known American who will fail as he did in other events, why don't we give a lesser known player a chance.

Example: I would rather see jecho than idra, because as explained both wouldn't probably get out of their group, but rather give new players a shot.

Written on phone sry for mistakes .


newcomers have to prove themselves before they start getting invited, LS hasn't proved himself enough to be in an elite tourney with multiple GSL title winners and finalists, LS's appearance here will only be worse in the long run for newcomers as no one will want to drop the LS bomb again - Scarlett would have been a better invite, she has proven herself in a real tourney against koreans and good players and she would suit the newcomer tag, LS isn't really a newcomer, he's just a guy who has won some ladder games and attended 1 MLG, it's bad because he is taking the flak for this when it should be whoever gave his invite the green light
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10094 Posts
May 25 2012 19:16 GMT
#669
On May 26 2012 04:13 TumNarDok wrote:
Get me hendralisk, Noxn, Masa, Suppy, jEcho, SouL, Pyre, SeoHyeon, Everize, Puck for the next tournament invites!
NA really has to do something to promote their own talents better and give them opportunities.


jecho and masa are reallllllllly good
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Apollo_Shards
Profile Joined February 2011
1210 Posts
May 25 2012 19:28 GMT
#670
On May 26 2012 02:53 Klipsys wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:02 Natespank wrote:
What a disgusting troll thread.

Kick some ass Ls.


Seriously.

I am a LS fan, have been since I watched his first 24 marathon.

Yes I know he cheated
Yes I know he BM's
Yes I know there are better players


But it doesn't matter. The kid moved to Korea because he wants to be the best. He is living in another country trying to make this shit work. I can respect the hustle and the grind, and he is pretty good to boot. If he gets on a Korean team, I'm fairly confident he will get into code A. I did some pretty stupid shit when I was young. Unless he cheats in SC2 I don't see what the problem supporting him and wanting him to do well.



So you are saying he is BM, has cheated, and there are better players (many better players), and he still deserves an invite because he plays in Korea?

Well shit everyone should just fly on over there if thats the only thing that matters in invites.
Jaedong, sOs, avilo, MaSa, Oprah
TumNarDok
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany854 Posts
May 25 2012 19:29 GMT
#671
I know.. only watchign cups from EU and ladder ranks here - and i'm noticing them.

I'm very interrested to see if the coverage of the WCS at Anaheim (and Toronto) will produce the spotlights on the US/CA scenes that are deserved.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
May 25 2012 19:31 GMT
#672
On May 26 2012 04:10 Primadog wrote:
A quote from my favorite movie:

Show nested quote +
“Your fellows have attended classes. They’ve written papers and published.”

“Oh, I’m still searching sir.”

“Your original idea.”

“Governing dynamics, sir.”

“It’s very clever, John, but I’m afraid it’s just not nearly good enough.”

The professor enters the faculty dining hall, with Nash in pursuit. Nash beseeches him about projects he has been working on, still speaking very rapidly, interspersing a request for a meeting with Einstein. Once again the professor interrupts him to point out what is going on in the dining hall.

A white haired man is seated at a table in the forefront while colleagues come to his table and one by one lay their fountain pens in front of him. The professor tells us,

“It’s the pens, reserved for a member of the department that makes the achievement of a lifetime. Now what do you see John?”

“Greatness.”

“Well, try seeing accomplishment.”

“Is there a difference?”

“John, you haven’t focused. I’m sorry, but up to this point your record doesn’t warrant any placement at all. Good day.”


SUCH A FUCKING GOOD MOVIE
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Jarree
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland1004 Posts
May 25 2012 19:34 GMT
#673
On May 26 2012 02:59 mcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:16 Jarree wrote:
On May 26 2012 02:07 jdsowa wrote:
A-Rod/Pettite/Ortiz/etc all got caught cheating at baseball *while they were adults*. And they are still playing the game. LS did something foolish as a 14 year old adolescent, and is still blacklisted. I'm glad that what I did as a 14-y/o didn't hamper my ability to find a job once I became of age. I'm all for the community taking a strong stand on bad behavior, but I'm not sure it's right to try LS as an adult here and give him a lifetime ban. If I'm missing something else here, then please fill me in.


People are mad because he got the invite for the sole reason that he is Day9's buddy, provides him replays for dailies etc. That is a fact. But still, inviting him generated lots of conversation. And all publicity is good publicity i guess. I hope he does well, but won't hold my breath.

Is it actually a fact ? Are they really friends ? Didn't ls publically released his replays and not just gave them to Day9 ?

Yes Day9 said in his daily he asked LS for replays and LS started playing games and sent the approriate ones to day9 that same evening. I'm not bashing anyone and don't really care but that still is a fact.
grush57
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2582 Posts
May 25 2012 19:43 GMT
#674
On May 26 2012 04:28 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:53 Klipsys wrote:
On May 26 2012 02:02 Natespank wrote:
What a disgusting troll thread.

Kick some ass Ls.


Seriously.

I am a LS fan, have been since I watched his first 24 marathon.

Yes I know he cheated
Yes I know he BM's
Yes I know there are better players


But it doesn't matter. The kid moved to Korea because he wants to be the best. He is living in another country trying to make this shit work. I can respect the hustle and the grind, and he is pretty good to boot. If he gets on a Korean team, I'm fairly confident he will get into code A. I did some pretty stupid shit when I was young. Unless he cheats in SC2 I don't see what the problem supporting him and wanting him to do well.



So you are saying he is BM, has cheated, and there are better players (many better players), and he still deserves an invite because he plays in Korea?

Well shit everyone should just fly on over there if thats the only thing that matters in invites.


Except that he has several replays of him beating Korean GMS and is really good if you watch his stream(Which you obviously never watched)
"Every thing is either simply awful or awfully simple." | "Weaklings can't pick... their way of death."
corpuscle
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1967 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:50:09
May 25 2012 19:46 GMT
#675
On May 26 2012 04:15 mememolly wrote:

Scarlett would have been a better invite, she has proven herself in a real tourney against koreans and good players and she would suit the newcomer tag


If you think the people complaining that LS got his spot just for being Day9's friend are bad, can you imagine what the "only got spot because she's a girl" whining would be like?

Except that he has several replays of him beating Korean GMS and is really good if you watch his stream(Which you obviously never watched)


Anybody in a tournament of this level should be able to beat Korean GM's on ladder consistently: that's not a criterion that merits an invite, it's something that any pro player can do. There's a ton of players, well-known and "unknown," that can do the same thing; why aren't they getting invites?

And for the record, I watch LS's stream and have reviewed/casted a lot of his replays. He's good, but he's not great. He's not even a top 15 foreigner Terran.
From the void I am born into wave and particle
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
May 25 2012 19:47 GMT
#676
On May 26 2012 02:14 ntssauce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:00 Bagration wrote:
On May 26 2012 01:25 mememolly wrote:
should have invited idra or some other foreigner, lastshadow invite is indefensible

kinda funny how everyone's photo is like a pro photo from an event and lastshadow's is some webcam screengrab, sums it up really


I disagree with the Lastshadow invite as well, but don't weaken your own argument by suggesting Idra. The guy has a sub 33% winrate for the year


i copied my post from reddit with some edit so you understand FUCKING READ IT !:

On some of those 3 shows by djwheat and jp (sotg, lo3, itg) they talked about how hard it is to get known in starcraft and that Scarlett had to beat top top Koreans to get at least a little known. So they basically talked about how hard it is to get far in the mlg open brackets and how its hard to get known as a lesser player .

after that they said: we have to support them more so , the top shoudln't be that stagnant and need some new wind.

But as soon as our lovely Day has the balls to get lastshadow, everybody cries and bitches. So it seems that people do not really want to give newcomers a chance.


Lastshadow is hardly a newcomer? I think it's the combination of the fact he has done nothing to prove he can compete in tournament settings with his current or recent behavior and his past as a cheater which upsets people.

I think most people are for promoting newcomers but Lastshadow is a very questionable pick as a newcomer -_-
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
May 25 2012 19:47 GMT
#677
On May 26 2012 04:28 Apollo_Shards wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 02:53 Klipsys wrote:
On May 26 2012 02:02 Natespank wrote:
What a disgusting troll thread.

Kick some ass Ls.


Seriously.

I am a LS fan, have been since I watched his first 24 marathon.

Yes I know he cheated
Yes I know he BM's
Yes I know there are better players


But it doesn't matter. The kid moved to Korea because he wants to be the best. He is living in another country trying to make this shit work. I can respect the hustle and the grind, and he is pretty good to boot. If he gets on a Korean team, I'm fairly confident he will get into code A. I did some pretty stupid shit when I was young. Unless he cheats in SC2 I don't see what the problem supporting him and wanting him to do well.



So you are saying he is BM, has cheated, and there are better players (many better players), and he still deserves an invite because he plays in Korea?

Well shit everyone should just fly on over there if thats the only thing that matters in invites.


No where in my post did I say he deserved anything.
Hudson Valley Progamer
TumNarDok
Profile Joined December 2011
Germany854 Posts
May 25 2012 19:49 GMT
#678
On May 26 2012 04:34 Jarree wrote:

Yes Day9 said in his daily he asked LS for replays and LS started playing games and sent the approriate ones to day9 that same evening. I'm not bashing anyone and don't really care but that still is a fact.


I wonder which player would not take that chance ...
Electr0nz
Profile Joined May 2012
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2012-05-25 19:50:29
May 25 2012 19:50 GMT
#679
I can't go to Austin this weekend. Can anyone go/find someone who wants to go? I have 2 tickets for day 2 and they are free. I just don't wanna see them go to waste.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
May 25 2012 19:50 GMT
#680
On May 26 2012 04:43 grush57 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2012 04:28 Apollo_Shards wrote:
On May 26 2012 02:53 Klipsys wrote:
On May 26 2012 02:02 Natespank wrote:
What a disgusting troll thread.

Kick some ass Ls.


Seriously.

I am a LS fan, have been since I watched his first 24 marathon.

Yes I know he cheated
Yes I know he BM's
Yes I know there are better players


But it doesn't matter. The kid moved to Korea because he wants to be the best. He is living in another country trying to make this shit work. I can respect the hustle and the grind, and he is pretty good to boot. If he gets on a Korean team, I'm fairly confident he will get into code A. I did some pretty stupid shit when I was young. Unless he cheats in SC2 I don't see what the problem supporting him and wanting him to do well.



So you are saying he is BM, has cheated, and there are better players (many better players), and he still deserves an invite because he plays in Korea?

Well shit everyone should just fly on over there if thats the only thing that matters in invites.


Except that he has several replays of him beating Korean GMS and is really good if you watch his stream(Which you obviously never watched)

beating people on ladder doesn't mean much
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
CranKy Ducklings53
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta19
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O113
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 9542
Artosis 697
ZZZero.O 113
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
Doublelift5714
JimRising 416
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3930
Other Games
summit1g9182
FrodaN2209
Liquid`RaSZi1867
Livibee427
C9.Mang0353
Maynarde159
Mew2King41
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• musti20045 38
• Sammyuel 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1567
• Scarra1190
• Shiphtur639
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.