• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7947 users

Compete in the Open MLG Online Qualifiers - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
April 03 2012 23:41 GMT
#41
If we finished top 80 at columbus, we don't need to do this right?
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
ItchyLegs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada369 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-03 23:52:41
April 03 2012 23:52 GMT
#42
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
April 03 2012 23:55 GMT
#43
On April 04 2012 08:41 Pokebunny wrote:
If we finished top 80 at columbus, we don't need to do this right?


yes, you should've got an email from MLG
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
Fealthas
Profile Joined May 2011
607 Posts
April 03 2012 23:55 GMT
#44
The title is a bit misleading. I thought this was going to be a playhem style thing where anyone could try. Also, is inviting GM players that good of an idea? Top 1 masters are where most of the pros sit.
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
April 04 2012 00:08 GMT
#45
On April 04 2012 08:55 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 08:41 Pokebunny wrote:
If we finished top 80 at columbus, we don't need to do this right?


yes, you should've got an email from MLG

I got eliminated same round as Pokebunny and i didnt get an email o.o;
Shew
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States460 Posts
April 04 2012 00:39 GMT
#46
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o
http://www.twitch.tv/shew_tv | @ClarityShew on Twitter~
Bonkarooni
Profile Joined October 2010
United States383 Posts
April 04 2012 00:41 GMT
#47
Kind of unfair that you put the passes up without posting a schedule for the matches to be played. I'm waiting to buy one because I have this thing called a job, and I need to know if I have a chance of playing in this -.-
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
April 04 2012 00:55 GMT
#48
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid
GHSTxJet
Profile Joined January 2012
United States154 Posts
April 04 2012 00:57 GMT
#49
Signed up...Hopefully I made it.
SuppySon
Shew
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States460 Posts
April 04 2012 04:31 GMT
#50
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


They notified my team managers but not me directly. I didn't find that out until after my post.

However, I never did receive an invite to the winter arena qualifier :/
http://www.twitch.tv/shew_tv | @ClarityShew on Twitter~
avilo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States4100 Posts
April 04 2012 04:40 GMT
#51
Can an MLG person explain how MD residents and others can buy a pass? I live in MD...
Sup
Xeris
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
Iran17695 Posts
April 04 2012 05:34 GMT
#52
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


Ya, I got the email for Caliber (he also lost in R6) . Apparently theyre contacting managers ? O_O:
twitter.com/xerislight -- follow me~~
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
April 04 2012 05:42 GMT
#53
On April 04 2012 14:34 Xeris wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


Ya, I got the email for Caliber (he also lost in R6) . Apparently theyre contacting managers ? O_O:

Yes, I got the e-mail regarding my three players that qualified for the Spring Arena Invite Qualifier, so I guess they're going through management to do this. Good idea IMO.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Bkennedy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
April 04 2012 05:42 GMT
#54
How many passes are for sale?
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 06:37:04
April 04 2012 06:36 GMT
#55
On April 04 2012 14:42 VirgilSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 14:34 Xeris wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


Ya, I got the email for Caliber (he also lost in R6) . Apparently theyre contacting managers ? O_O:

Yes, I got the e-mail regarding my three players that qualified for the Spring Arena Invite Qualifier, so I guess they're going through management to do this. Good idea IMO.

How is this a good idea, players without management aren't contacted. Many players have mlg names that don't contain clan tags, how do they know who to contact outside the obvious ones? They are doing extra work for no reason. This just seems stupid to me. It's a players responsibility to take care of this. It's not like they are emailing our parents for permission for us to play. What are we 12 years old?
SCPlato
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States249 Posts
April 04 2012 06:57 GMT
#56
On April 04 2012 15:36 Spades wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 14:42 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On April 04 2012 14:34 Xeris wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


Ya, I got the email for Caliber (he also lost in R6) . Apparently theyre contacting managers ? O_O:

Yes, I got the e-mail regarding my three players that qualified for the Spring Arena Invite Qualifier, so I guess they're going through management to do this. Good idea IMO.

How is this a good idea, players without management aren't contacted. Many players have mlg names that don't contain clan tags, how do they know who to contact outside the obvious ones? They are doing extra work for no reason. This just seems stupid to me. It's a players responsibility to take care of this. It's not like they are emailing our parents for permission for us to play. What are we 12 years old?


It seems like it would take pressure and responsibility off the players. you would think that is a good thing. Not sure why you are so angry about it. I think that it is fine as long as all players do get contacted.
All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince. -Plato
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 12:29:28
April 04 2012 12:18 GMT
#57
On April 04 2012 15:57 SCPlato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2012 15:36 Spades wrote:
On April 04 2012 14:42 VirgilSC2 wrote:
On April 04 2012 14:34 Xeris wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:55 Spades wrote:
On April 04 2012 09:39 Shew wrote:
I finished 33rd @ MLG Providence last year, and I didn't get an e-mail invite to the Winter Arena Qualifiers, and I finished 72nd at Columbus this year, and still haven't received an e-mail invite :/

O.o

yeah u lost round6 too, its like they randomly picked half of us or something? this is stupid


Ya, I got the email for Caliber (he also lost in R6) . Apparently theyre contacting managers ? O_O:

Yes, I got the e-mail regarding my three players that qualified for the Spring Arena Invite Qualifier, so I guess they're going through management to do this. Good idea IMO.

How is this a good idea, players without management aren't contacted. Many players have mlg names that don't contain clan tags, how do they know who to contact outside the obvious ones? They are doing extra work for no reason. This just seems stupid to me. It's a players responsibility to take care of this. It's not like they are emailing our parents for permission for us to play. What are we 12 years old?


It seems like it would take pressure and responsibility off the players. you would think that is a good thing. Not sure why you are so angry about it. I think that it is fine as long as all players do get contacted.

Well I haven't been contacted, as well as others. John Nelson hasn't returned an email. So I'm sitting here wondering whats going on.
MLG_Adam
Profile Joined July 2010
United States994 Posts
April 04 2012 14:47 GMT
#58
We extend the professional courtesy of contacting managers first for players that have management. For those that do not, we contact directly.

Please check your junk folder, @mlgpro.com or @majorleaguegaming.com email accounts some times do not make it through filters.
Twitter: MrAdamAp
Spades
Profile Joined September 2010
United States249 Posts
April 04 2012 15:18 GMT
#59
On April 04 2012 23:47 MLG_Adam wrote:
We extend the professional courtesy of contacting managers first for players that have management. For those that do not, we contact directly.

Please check your junk folder, @mlgpro.com or @majorleaguegaming.com email accounts some times do not make it through filters.

I hadn't received any emails, in junk folder or otherwise. John Nelson just returned my email though, and explained the situation. Everything is taken care of.
MLG John
Profile Joined January 2012
United States34 Posts
April 04 2012 17:00 GMT
#60
On March 31 2012 03:09 Stashrun wrote:
I missed the part where they explained why its Top 8 NA but Top 10 EU/KR. Is it due to smaller talent pool in NA?


We made this decision based on the performance of NA, EU, and KR Players in the Winter Arena and Winter Championship Events.

The numbers may change again for the Summer Season, based on Spring results.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 91
SortOf 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2297
Shinee 72
HiyA 40
Mong 23
sorry 18
NotJumperer 16
Noble 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1397
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Reynor14
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft627
Other Games
summit1g7281
Coldzera 763
C9.Mang0341
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS42
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick882
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream377
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2138
League of Legends
• Rush1145
• Lourlo1098
• Stunt342
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.