• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:01
CEST 07:01
KST 14:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7930 users

Compete in the Open MLG Online Qualifiers - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Tidus Mino
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom1108 Posts
April 12 2012 22:30 GMT
#101
On April 12 2012 08:35 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2012 06:25 Tidus Mino wrote:
For the EU qualifiers several of my players are having trouble registering for the tournament, one of my players has changed his name to add clan tag since he received his invite, so it isn't letting him accept his invite

Please have them PM me here for assistance.


Sorted now thank you, can I ask exactly what time the EU qualifiers start tomorrow
Head of Production at FACEITTV, ex-WW & Mouz SC2 manager
Konkins
Profile Joined April 2012
United States10 Posts
April 13 2012 00:25 GMT
#102
11am Eastern, Game play starts at noon eastern.
Great things come to those that can wait.....
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 00:34:10
April 13 2012 00:32 GMT
#103
Korean Ladder will bring new faces and a lot of smurfs of pro-gamers. A question though, how about people with many accounts? Like ForGG for example he got Raptor,oGsForGG, Apex. This is only 1 out of many progamers that have multiple accounts.
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Konkins
Profile Joined April 2012
United States10 Posts
April 13 2012 00:49 GMT
#104
What about them having multiple accounts? Not sure what your question is.
Great things come to those that can wait.....
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-13 05:35:22
April 13 2012 05:34 GMT
#105
Sorry, I don't usually post about these kinds of things, but I have to say that this MLG run event was incredibly frustrating and one of the worst tournaments I have participated in this far. Horrid, horrid experience.

On Tuesday we were supposed to begin at 5 PM PST. Due to brackets that simply would not work at all, most people had to wait at least 1.5 hours before even starting their matches. Even then, the round two matches were postponed - so we spent about 2.5 hours just to play a single match.

The following day was also filled with delays, with people confused about what time matches were and the bracket STILL not working properly. We had to send in replays via email! Incredible waste of time.

If it was just for these things I would not be complaining. It is MLG's first qualifier like this and it is understandable that they are having problems, and I think it is awesome that they are doing this. But throughout the tournament the administration proved completely inept and worthless. To top things off, I ended up being forfeited today and my opponent given a walkover, in a COMPLETELY unfair scenario in which MLG_Deimos blatantly lied.

I came on to play my match at 5 PM PST, the default time. Again, the day was filled with delays, and my opponent was still playing the previous round's matches, and so I was told to wait. Since I had an ESEA match at the same time, I took the opportunity to get the ESEA match out of the way. It had already been about 30 minutes after I left the first game of the ESEA match, and Sparticus (one of the MLG admins) had messaged me "are you there?" I responded with "is my opponent ready?" to which he did not respond. This was at 16:55ish in my stream.

Unfortunately I made the decision to put myself on busy status in my next game. By the time I came out of the 20ish minute game, there were multiple messages about how I had been forfeited due to not being able to be contacted. I messaged Sparticus and was directed to talk to MLG_Deimos, who informed me that I had been unable to be contacted for 30 minutes and so I had been forfeited. I argued that I had not been gone for 30 minutes as I was pretty sure it had not been that long. Then he said I had been unable to be contacted for 45 minutes, and so I had been forfeited.

Now I'm not saying that I'm not at fault here either. I should not have put my status as busy, and I should have given Sparticus more time to respond (only gave him about 1 minute before my game began), and I should have asked my ESEA opponent if he could wait. But I cannot help but feel that I was treated completely unfairly, especially from MLG_Deimos who either was not properly informed or just blatantly lied. I had to wait at least 30 minutes for my opponent, and I was given less than 24 minutes (which MLG_Deimos claimed was 45 minutes - which wasn't even CLOSE to the actual time). I don't think it's fair that you wait for one player, and yet don't wait for the other. And I especially don't think it's fair that you disqualify the player who DID have all his matches done on time and WAS online and ready to play at the specified time.

Now I know that these tournaments have tight schedules to run, but inconsistent administration like this made this tournament an even more horrendous experience than it already was. If MLG is looking to provide "the user experience that we pride ourselves on with our tournaments," then they have GOT to do a better job than this. In total I spent perhaps 6-7 hours for this tournament to play just THREE matches, and then only to get disqualified. That's not the kind of user experience I would pride myself on.

http://www.twitch.tv/superiorwolf/b/314793536
16:50 - received a message from Sparticus
40:40 - finish my game for ESEA

23 minutes and 50 seconds =/= 45 minutes.
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Prev 1 4 5 6 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 91
SortOf 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2297
Shinee 72
HiyA 40
Mong 23
sorry 18
NotJumperer 16
Noble 11
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1397
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Reynor14
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft627
Other Games
summit1g7281
Coldzera 763
C9.Mang0341
PiGStarcraft249
ArmadaUGS42
RuFF_SC232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick882
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream377
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2138
League of Legends
• Rush1145
• Lourlo1098
• Stunt342
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 59m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.