• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:35
CEST 05:35
KST 12:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9352 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 32 Next All
pr0bez
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States50 Posts
February 25 2012 03:38 GMT
#201
I don't have much to say about the players and casters, since they're all so great.

Overall, the broadcast is excellent. MLG's layout works really well, and it's actually worth it for $20 if I can switch streams so easily without an annoying ad pop up. The video quality is excellent - 1080p plays without lag.

The production is the best attempt ever for a non-korean tournament. The graphical overlays look great, the video and audio mixing is seamless for the most part. The lighting is pretty good, but is far from perfect. Still, you guys could for sure do a better job with the production for next time. The streams besides the arena stream are choppy and have poor audio. Even the framing is just terrible on some of your shots on the alternate streams. With such a nice looking arena stream, it just looks cheesy having to watch alternate streams with interviews that look like they're done on a webcam. For the Arena stream, the backdrop of NYC is very cool, since it really gives you the feeling of being in the city. But you guys skimped on the production for the main stage for sure. I would have liked to see more open shots of the arena. If you're going to call it arena, at least make it look like one. Then you don't need to hide your production with tight shots. The lighting is so dim. I know you want people to be able to see new york, but you should have adjustable lights that can cut out if you want to show the city. For those who can only stream lower quality, the blacks just come out like garbage.

The Dr. Pepper Ultimate Access Stream is a great edition. Some feedback I have though is that you should have dressed up the room a little bit more. Light it with LED strips or something. The overhead shot of the room just kind of looks like some bro's basement.

The look and feel of the event justifies the $20 ticket, but I know what MLG is capable of, and they are skimping on the small details to bring the event up to GSL level.
GatorGar
Profile Joined December 2011
Somalia77 Posts
February 25 2012 03:41 GMT
#202
Ah! It should also be noted that my login problems began when I clicked on the Dr.Pepper free stream and started watching it. Anybody else have that happen?
:D Life's tough in Somalia :D
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
February 25 2012 03:44 GMT
#203
On February 25 2012 12:35 BeefNugget101 wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble accessing VODs? When I click on them it doesn't do anything...



My Understanding was that they werent going to be available for a week.. that may have changed since though.
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
Hawke5811
Profile Joined July 2011
United States183 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 04:07:44
February 25 2012 03:51 GMT
#204
MLG-Kyle
Profile Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
February 25 2012 03:53 GMT
#205
Hey guys,

I believe I may have found a temporary workaround for the login issues. If someone could try this and let us know if it works, It'd be great to get some more testers. If you are constantly being logged out or being bumped, please try the following:

- Open Incognito or Private Browsing Mode
- Go to Live Site
- Load Overview
- Login to each stream individually
- Swap around as you choose

Again, sorry for the inconvenience - but I hope this temporary work around works for you as it has been for me. Please let me know what kind of success you're having, if any, with this method.

Thanks
Jibba
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States22883 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 04:30:06
February 25 2012 04:27 GMT
#206
Logging in individually has worked for me, it's just a bit frustrating, especially when Flash occasionally decides to commit suicide because of the 5 720p streams.

Other than that though, I've been very happy with everything. I was worried about some of the casting but everyone's been at least above average, and sometimes much more. I especially like when you bring in players to cast such as Grubby, Axslav and Catz, so more of that would be appreciated. And of course the interviews are good.

The Dr. Pepper cam has been mostly useless so far, aside from HB teaching Shibby how to cannon rush, but it's not that big of a deal. You should place hidden mics in the room and provide lots of free alcohol, and then call it the VIP stream and charge an extra $40. Extra bonus if there's silly string and random banana cream pies and full Gatorade coolers lying around. Or invite all of IdrA's groupies into the room with him and see what unfolds.

I was worried that the 4 streams would be too much and I'd be anxious that I was missing something (sort of why they do the NFL Red Zone and special March Madness channels), and while it's happened a bit, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be. For the most part, the dead times have overlapped well.
ModeratorNow I'm distant, dark in this anthrobeat
MLG-Kyle
Profile Joined November 2010
United States123 Posts
February 25 2012 04:37 GMT
#207
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay, but the first wave of VOD is up. Check it out: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/arenavod/
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
February 25 2012 04:44 GMT
#208
Having the small preview up in the right corner of a secondary stream, and the main one up... is awesome. I love the customizable layout. The quality. Everything seems to work really nice. I'm having a good time, glad I got this.

The interface is very intuitive and simple, and its easy to bounce between streams or watch 2 or 3 at once. Surprising given the MLG website, but this is nice.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
AKomrade
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States582 Posts
February 25 2012 04:48 GMT
#209
Great production. The inclusion of the mysterious Rob (is he the Blizz Esports guy?) is fantastic and getting some of the players in on the games (Grubby and Catz were great) is entertaining too. The four streams definitely seemed like a lot, wasn't in the end, but it feels like the amount of games played today are sort of being crammed in. I guess I'm a little too used to the pool/bracket combo from the Pro Circuit.
ALL HAIL THE KING IN THE NORTH! HAIL! HAIL!
Cocoba
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada352 Posts
February 25 2012 04:50 GMT
#210
Great streams so far aside from the log in issue which I've been able to resolve. However, I wished you had a player cam for each stream. I really wanted to see NesTea's reaction when he lost to Demuslim
:D
Bart
Profile Joined November 2010
494 Posts
February 25 2012 04:50 GMT
#211
On February 25 2012 12:38 pr0bez wrote:

The Dr. Pepper Ultimate Access Stream is a great edition. Some feedback I have though is that you should have dressed up the room a little bit more. Light it with LED strips or something. The overhead shot of the room just kind of looks like some bro's basement.


Just want to touch on this as a non-paying viewer. I wanted to check out the production value of MLG to see if I missed out on a good show but when I tuned in to the only stream that is available to those not paying i get a boring interview where Slahser is just talking about what is happening in a game. I see players just sleeping on couches lounging around. I see somebody's basement. Come on... compared to IPL's stream where Lani runs about getting interviews the whole day, MLG seriously failed with the DR Pepper ULTIMATE access stream.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | Fan of: MKP, Select, MC, Kripp, Purge, JP, Qpad Red Pandas
IMNasty
Profile Joined February 2012
663 Posts
February 25 2012 04:50 GMT
#212
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=310416&currentpage=7#126 same problem
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
February 25 2012 04:54 GMT
#213
Sorry to see some people are having log in issues. No problems here and I'm fucking loving it. This is infinitely better than just watching an embedded stream on TL.
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
February 25 2012 05:32 GMT
#214
Does everyone else have the problem of having to re-type user and password everytime you switch streams? Really annoying. Otherwise, awesome awesome production and games.
Guess who`s special?!
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
February 25 2012 06:00 GMT
#215
On February 25 2012 13:27 Jibba wrote:
Logging in individually has worked for me, it's just a bit frustrating, especially when Flash occasionally decides to commit suicide because of the 5 720p streams.

Other than that though, I've been very happy with everything. I was worried about some of the casting but everyone's been at least above average, and sometimes much more. I especially like when you bring in players to cast such as Grubby, Axslav and Catz, so more of that would be appreciated. And of course the interviews are good.

The Dr. Pepper cam has been mostly useless so far, aside from HB teaching Shibby how to cannon rush, but it's not that big of a deal. You should place hidden mics in the room and provide lots of free alcohol, and then call it the VIP stream and charge an extra $40. Extra bonus if there's silly string and random banana cream pies and full Gatorade coolers lying around. Or invite all of IdrA's groupies into the room with him and see what unfolds.

I was worried that the 4 streams would be too much and I'd be anxious that I was missing something (sort of why they do the NFL Red Zone and special March Madness channels), and while it's happened a bit, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it'd be. For the most part, the dead times have overlapped well.

Pretty much agree with this. Havent really had the log in troubles some people are experiencing, just what Jibba posted.

Overall I am very happy and think its worth $20. There is polishing to be done, but I really like the set up. One thing I would like to see is the casting area of the non main stream casters needs to be improved. It looks way too bland and boring. White walls with an MLG poster, eh, not cutting it.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
February 25 2012 06:01 GMT
#216
First off I want to say that I'm glad I payed for this and it's very good and entertaining. I do have a few things I personally dislike though.

I sometimes get the stream interrupted by the "log in or purchase a ticket" stream which is kind of annoying, but I'm not sure if it's something on MLGs side or just on mine, not really a big deal overall. It kind of seems like there aren't really enough casters to make all 4 of the streams absolute top notch. Like I know 1 or 2 of the streams just have solo casters, but I can also understand that getting 8 top notch casters is expensive and also quite hard. Other than that, I'd just be happier if it was a bit cheaper than $20, but so far still a very good broadcast.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
February 25 2012 06:03 GMT
#217
Here's a thing that i really miss and would improve things for a lot of people. I live in Sweden and as you may know Sweden is in a different timezone. Converting timezones can be a pain in the ass and leaves you to ask silly questions in the chat. This could be easily fixed if you would include a clock that shows the local time. It could be placed in the top bar in the Twitch UI.
"!@€#" - as some guy said
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
February 25 2012 06:08 GMT
#218
Well I was at a friends house, some really good games (upset with ret/mvp) but I'm curious, is MLG doing its post VOD for free still? Where they release all vod's from an event free? I was wondering because I wanna watch some series that I definatly missed.
FoTG fighting!
Shunjal
Profile Joined August 2010
United States482 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-25 06:14:50
February 25 2012 06:08 GMT
#219
Just wanna give props to the "other" casters as well, Tumba, Adebisi, and Robin doing a very professional casting job.

Good job guys keep it up!

Also, the VODs look amazing, great job production crew!
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
February 25 2012 06:20 GMT
#220
On February 25 2012 15:08 NeMeSiS3 wrote:
Well I was at a friends house, some really good games (upset with ret/mvp) but I'm curious, is MLG doing its post VOD for free still? Where they release all vod's from an event free? I was wondering because I wanna watch some series that I definatly missed.

VODs are free a week after the event, if you have a pass, you can go watch VODs now. i don't think all are up yet because they were delayed since there were pay wall difficulties.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1928
GuemChi 1396
NotJumperer 144
910 74
Bale 34
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
taco 476
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King51
Other Games
summit1g8000
Doublelift1818
JimRising 601
C9.Mang0367
PiGStarcraft293
WinterStarcraft269
Maynarde122
Coldzera 41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo713
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 26m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.